Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:32   #811
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Within the first fortnight of its launch, the Vitara Brezza has received around 70,000 customer enquiries and 20,000 bookings.
Even at 1/4th speed of this booking rate, brezza can easily garner 10k units' bookings per month!

So, Baleno, brezza, creta, i20, kwid... All will go with 1Lakh bookings in hand! The power of styling, I would say.
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:28   #812
BHPian

The Maruti dealer near our house in Kolkata,had got a display car today.The variant displayed was a dual tone red ZDI+. The overall stance of the car looked quite good with the 16 incher alloys.Space inside was quite satisfactory too.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza.jpg

View from the driver's seat is nice and it is one of the rare cars in these times to have the full bonnet line visible.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-interior.jpg

The squarish meter console looks good too,though just like my Aspire they
look a size smaller.And Maruti could have done away with those awful toggle stalks sticking out like sore thumbs.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-bonnet.jpg

It would have been just better if Maruti had done away with so many variants and made the dual airbags and ABS standard across the range like its Nexa siblings.Still its commendable that now Maruti atleast gives us options to choose the safety package from the lowest LDI trim itself in the LDI(O) avatar.However the Sales advisor was of the opinion that the Optional variants are going to have longer waiting periods.

Sharing the variant spec sheets and the onroad price of LDI(O),VDI(O) and ZDI in Kolkata.It's sad to see that few useful features like electrically retractable ORVMs with turn indicators,driver's central armrest,height adjustable seatbelts,etc are only available in ZDI+ trims.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-feature-list.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-colour-list.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-road-price.jpg

The test drives will start from next week as per the dealer.As I am contemplating a second sub 10 lakh diesel car,this car will definitely be in my considerations.
dragonov007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:40   #813

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Please post the pic of ZDi dashboard and steering wheel if you have got it. I'm buying blindly considering the variant part. Not even one pic is available.

RTO taxes are going up is what I was told too. By 3%.
Sorry didn't take the pics. Will try to take it on Saturday when I go there again. Salesperson was telling that ZDI+ variant will look better but I am not convince. The overall cabin quality is very average but I guess that's why this car is not a NEXA offering.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:07   #814
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Checked out the Breeza last evening.
Positives.

Neat design. Squared out wheel arches look really nice. Well proportioned and a neat SUV stance.
Really good presence.
Fit and finish definitely a notch above most Marutis.
Decent interior room for a sub 4 meter.
All black interiors.
Good view out all around.
Good height adjustable driver's seat. Should be easy to get a comfortable driving position even for a short driver.
Panel gaps on the interiors were well contained.
Rear seat can be fully folded down and also be used in a 60:40 configuration.
Access to boot from inside the cabin.
The DRL with projectors look neat. The tail light also has a similar led.
Build quality seems best among the Marutis.

Not so positive.

I didn't much care for the chrome front grill and the huge chrome garnish above the rear number board.
No boot release from inside the cabin.
The toggle switches on the speedo console and the power window switches. When will Maruti ditch them?
The rear view mirror housing is XL while the mirrors are actually small.
The electric switches to operate the ORVMs look a century old and is oddly placed. This can never be operated while driving.
No auto dimming rear view mirror. ( Can't complain as even the Creta doesn't have one )
Though the car is wide, I found the front seats lacked the width.
All in all a very good package. Though I haven't as yet driven the Breeza , came away pretty impressed.
I would say that the manufacturers will be laughing all the way to the bank. A sub 4 meter hatch on stilts and an suvish styling take the price from around 8 lakhs OTR to 12-13 lakhs OTR. After all what we want is what we get?
The Verna and Vento now look like budget sedans at this price point. My 2 cents.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 23rd March 2016 at 11:16.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:48   #815
BHPian

All black interiors look all grey in the pic. Is it black in real life?

Where are the rear parking sensors data displayed?
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:34   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
All black interiors look all grey in the pic. Is it black in real life?

Where are the rear parking sensors data displayed?
All black interiors were actually are not that black and yes they are greyish!

The reverse parking sensors display info on the MID which is placed between your tacho and the speedo.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:40   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing the response to Brezza, Maruti Suzuki tweaks its production plan, expects to keep the waiting period to a minimum.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India has already increased the production level of Vitara Brezza from 80,000 units to 1 lakh units annually. This has been done after seeing the huge response from car buyers they have received for Vitara Brezza.
https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-vita...-12191611.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd March 2016 at 12:41.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:24   #818
BHPian

Bimal Auto at Mahadevpura is offering TD of Brezza. The TD vehicle is ZDI+
They TD route is on an uneven road just next to the Shell Station. The vehicle felt quite planted on during the TD. The build quality is a big leap for Maruti standards. You can't expect the thud sound on closing doors. However the vehicle offers good ride, especially for non existent Bangalore roads.
The Apple car play infotainment system works fine. Sound quality is clear. Could not explore the sync option as the SA was not aware of the configuration.
No info available from the SA on Petrol or CVT launch.
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:35   #819

Brezza is available for display at Cars India, Cenotaph Road, Chennai. Visited today afternoon to check out in person. The TD vehicle should be available on Monday (28th) it seems. The person in charge (Muhammad) was quite responsive and answered all my queries. I have booked Zdi+(D) and waiting time is 12 weeks (worst case) according to him. The OTR might come to 11.5 lakhs.
  • The build quality is somewhere between baleno and s-cross, but definitely better than ciaz (my opinion based on my test drives)
  • The doors did not close properly on first stance (typical maruti.. cough cough)
  • The car is really spacious.. No doubt about that. The boot lid was heavy compared to the doors and could feel the sturdiness.
  • Looks like a big car from front and back. Side profile gives it away that it is sub 4m
  • We switched on the head lights and DRLs and the car really looked gorgeous and masculine from the front. But can't beat Baleno in that department
  • I was okay with the interior plastics. The slideable arm rest, two glove boxes, seating position all made me appreciate brezza better than baleno
  • The seats will definitely need an upgrade. Doesn't give a 10L car feeling
  • The alloys looked good and can't wait to see them in motion
  • The radio antenna is really ugly and I hope it doesn't wiggle around with the car in motion

I will TD the vehicle on Monday and have more updates. If the handling is anywhere close to s-cross and NVH is good, I will keep my booking

Some pics attached..

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-45-54.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-41-18.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-39-45.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-39-33.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-39-27.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-39-20.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-37-22.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-37-05.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-36-51.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-photo-230316-14-36-44.jpg
rmchandru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:20   #820
BHPian

The interiors look black in your pics compared to others. Will the steering wheel be same for ZDi? Balenoesqe one with crome at the joints? except for thecruise control everything remains the same. The orange lighting around keyhole wasn't required.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:27   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Not so positive.

The electric switches to operate the ORVMs look a century old and is oddly placed. This can never be operated while driving.
Ideally the ORVM should be adjusted before you drive a vehicle. It is unsafe to adjust ORVM while driving.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:33   #822
BHPian

Only red & yellow cars on display in all showrooms in bangalore

BUT
You can catch the blue/white dual colour car in Banaswadi Bimal Maruti, near Banaswadi Ayyappa temple

Moderators,
Any idea when the official review can be expected
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:45   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Ideally the ORVM should be adjusted before you drive a vehicle. It is unsafe to adjust ORVM while driving.
This rule can apply only to the manual mirrors IMO. That is because you will end up stretching your arms across the car or at least out of the window to do it. In todays world, especially with the Joystick type of mirror adjustment, it is a joy in either of my cars to adjust the mirror according to the condition. Especially when you enter a highway, or when I slow down to park and similar situations. It is as easy as operating a power window.

The brezza indeed has a horrible way of mirror adjustment. Not sure what ran in the minds of the designers. It is very inconvenient compared to the existing setup and yes, compared to the joystick, it requires some attention off the road in order to locate the switch, change between mirrors and also to make fine corrections. The joystick doesnt require me to take my eyes off the road for neither action.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:57   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post

Totally agree with you. There is still every reason you would want to adjust it slightly on the move. I am sure all of us have done it and will continue to do it. That's is the only reason why all cars have it where they have it.
Old 23rd March 2016, 21:39   #825
BHPian

Still no official review from team-bhp. Get it done quickly please. I guess the process is going on. Compare between variants too.

For those who haven't booked ZDi+, any plans for the head unit? How long will it take for the dealer to source a mount to hold a double din HU.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks