Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 17:55   #886
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It wouldn't have gotten any tax benefits because of larger engine and the price would have been close to 14+ lakhs for a sub 4m compact SUV.

Plus it would cannibalise the S-cross.

I went and had a close look at the production Brezza yesterday at Surakshaa as well and was still not impressed. The interior space is definitely more than the Ecosport but the seats aren't as comfortable front and back. Me and another friend who is equally tall and even heftier than me felt that we were too big for the car. Both of us have Ecosports (mine is diesel and his is a petrol AT).

Front door felt smaller in size, rear was not easy to get into but once inside space was definitely more. Under thigh at the back was not as good as the Ecosport.

Sheet metal quality was nowhere close to the Ecosport and interior plastics felt a good notch or 2 below the Ecosport's. The Ecosport just felt better finished overall and not built to a cost.

It's most definitely going to sell and will be a blockbuster but it just felt too mass market and ordinary for me.

I couldn't agree more with this assessment. In fact even I viewed both those cars at the Surakshaa in Koramangala. I haven't waddled around to Pratham in HSR but I am reasonably sure they will also have one on display for the consumers in this catchment area.

My closest point of reference is my own little Yeti and my Friend's EcoSport Trend Petrol.
Yes, the EcoSport most definitely feels better overall. It IS after all, a Ford!

My impressions were quite similar to yours but one must not turn a Nelson's eye to the propensities of the typical Indian family vehicle buyer.

Thats why, even though this Brezza may be "built to a cost", it is going to fly fly fly up up up over the rainbow in terms of sales.

It's a Maruti.
It's very well priced and affordable.
It looks like an SUV.
It's got phenomenal ground clearance.
It's a Diesel.
It's a frugal fuel sipper.
It's got "presence".
It looks nice.
It's got gazillions of gadgets and gizmos.

All said and done, after prodding and poking the Brezza about, I sank quite gratefully into the cushioned quiet understated comfort of the 4.5 year old Yeti and drove away.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 17:58   #887
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
All said and done, after prodding and poking the Brezza about, I sank quite gratefully into the cushioned quiet understated comfort of the 4.5 year old Yeti and drove away.
Lots of similarities. Even I went back in my Ecosport happy after poking around in the Brezza.

Though I have to say that it was a different case when I went and checked out the S-cross and drove the 1.6L DDiS320. The Ecosport didn't feel so good then after the S-cross drive.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 18:17   #888
BANNED

Quote:
Lots of similarities. Even I went back in my Ecosport happy after poking around in the Brezza.

Though I have to say that it was a different case when I went and checked out the S-cross and drove the 1.6L DDiS320. The Ecosport didn't feel so good then after the S-cross drive.
Ha ha! I loved the S Cross 1.6 Top Spec too.
Its torque and power were just lovely.
I really think that is one heck of a vehicle for people who like good vehicles.

Saying that, the Yeti, being in a different segment, still trounces the 1.6 S Cross.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 00:32   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It wouldn't have gotten any tax benefits because of larger engine and the price would have been close to 14+ lakhs for a sub 4m compact SUV.

Plus it would cannibalise the S-cross.

I went and had a close look at the production Brezza yesterday at Surakshaa as well and was still not impressed. The interior space is definitely more than the Ecosport but the seats aren't as comfortable front and back. Me and another friend who is equally tall and even heftier than me felt that we were too big for the car. Both of us have Ecosports (mine is diesel and his is a petrol AT).

Front door felt smaller in size, rear was not easy to get into but once inside space was definitely more. Under thigh at the back was not as good as the Ecosport.

Sheet metal quality was nowhere close to the Ecosport and interior plastics felt a good notch or 2 below the Ecosport's. The Ecosport just felt better finished overall and not built to a cost.

It's most definitely going to sell and will be a blockbuster but it just felt too mass market and ordinary for me.
I second your opinion about brezza. I was very disappointed with seats, both front and back. Front seats of my baleno are larger and offers good support. Rear legroom is nothing great. But this car will definitely sell and meet marutis target of 1 lakh per year. There were many people checking out the car.
Old 28th March 2016, 07:58   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Big glossy 3 page poster with today's Times of India Paper. Must have cost a potload of money. But it's sure to catch the the attention of customers.Very focused on the looks and presence as opposed to the tech specs or regular features.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160328_0749052.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160328_0749342.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160328_0750062.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th March 2016 at 08:00.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 08:21   #891
PCS
BHPian

Yellow Car AD - No Suzuki Badge @ Rear !!
PCS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 08:46   #892
Senior - BHPian

Great to see Maruti going all guns blazing promoting the Brezza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Must have cost a potload of money.
MSIL has many more of those sitting around than any other car-maker in India. Good to see them putting it to use rather than sending it all to you-know-who in one go.
Old 28th March 2016, 09:11   #893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Great to see Maruti going all guns blazing promoting the Brezza!

MSIL has many more of those sitting around than any other car-maker in India. Good to see them putting it to use rather than sending it all to you-know-who in one go.
Going down this road, this vehicle is going to be a best seller. Look out soon, it will be an ubiquitous part of our Indian roads. At this mouthwatering price point, it is going to have a waiting period of months and months and months, like the Baleno!

Maruti's reading of the Indian market is absolutely uncannily accurate. I suppose that's what 30 years of diligent, intelligent, waiting, watching and listening does for a brand!

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 12:04   #894
BHPian

Was passing by Malleswaram yesterday around noon and decided to stop at the new dealership (Varun Motors).

While i'll let the pictures do the talking, here are a few first impressions (these are just my observations and in no way intended to offend owners or prospective buyers).

SUVish stance and road presence. This one's no hatch on stilts and looks as much a mini-SUV as any car can. The Brezza is by far the most stylishly designed car (exteriors) I've seen in recent years. Looks being subjective,
My verdict: Brezza > EcoSport (Will not pitch the S-Cross against hot selling and expected-to-sell-like-hot-cakes SUVs! Happy being a X-over)

All round build-quality. Panels are considerably better than the likes of swift, but certainly a notch or two lower than the S-Cross. The benchmark at this price point is still the Ford offering.
My verdict: EcoSport >= S-cross > Brezza

Seating - position, comfort and support. Although higher is better (to me), the terrific ground clearance is offset by a somewhat lower-than-apparent drivers' seating position. Don't be mistaken, the view from the drivers' seat is commanding, but not substantially better than the S-Cross. Fabric quality (Zeta vs ZDi+) is noticeably better in the S-Cross and so is the seating comfort (softer) and lumbar support on both rows.
My verdict: S-Cross > Brezza

Instrumentation dashboard and utilities. Some elements are borrowed from the older sibling - HU, Gear Lever etc. - while the dual glove boxes, MID, dash are distinctly different.
My verdict: S-Cross == Brezza == Ecosport

While I was offered a test drive as soon as I reached the showroom, ten minutes later, the sales exec informed me that I'd need to wait a day more.
They, however, permitted me to click a few pictures with my S-Cross parked next to the dazzling dual-tone Brezza.

Clearly, the Brezza has a more stylish, pronounced and bold SUVish front, while the S-Cross sports a more subtle, mature (European) look.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-sb_front.jpg

Not too much of a difference in the height, although the rear view says a different story.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-sb_side.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-sb_between.jpg

One of the few angles I can argue the S-Cross looks better

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-sb_rear.jpg
pannags is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 12:40   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Also I see the car key in the ZDi, would have liked a flippy key over this.

Things already in my upgrade list:
1. Reverse parking camera
2. Flippy Key
3. Seat covers and steering cover
4. Armrest
5. Phonemount
6. Black roof wrap(Have booked a red ZDi)

I guess that just about covers it all...
A word of caution my friend before you go ahead with the Flippy Key idea. Please check how the immobilizer is present in the stock key. If it is integrated with the report, a flippy key cannot be used. If it is separately placed in the module, then it can be put in the flippy key modules available online. As far as I know, the new Swift, Ertiga, Baleno, S-cross come with the engine immobilizer integrated in the remote and it is not possible to use a flippy key. How can I confirm you ask? Experience. I saw 1200 rupees go down the drain in my excitement of getting a flippy key installed for my new Baleno.
farooq817 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 15:47   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Seating - position, comfort and support. Although higher is better (to me), the terrific ground clearance is offset by a somewhat lower-than-apparent drivers' seating position. Don't be mistaken, the view from the drivers' seat is commanding, but not substantially better than the S-Cross. Fabric quality (Zeta vs ZDi+) is noticeably better in the S-Cross and so is the seating comfort (softer) and lumbar support on both rows.
My verdict: S-Cross > Brezza
Did yo find the seating position lower than SCross? I haven't got to drive it yet but when sitting in the ready to deliver vehicle made me a bit tense, Seating at highest adjustment seemed a touch lower than SCross. It maybe the the bonnet that's a bit raised . Maybe I was disoriented due to the ridiculously hot cabin that day. Hoping to take delivery on Gudi Padwa.
Old 28th March 2016, 16:44   #897
BHPian

S-Cross vs Brezza

While there seems to be a consensus that Vitara Brezza is well priced, something told me to compare it with S-Cross. Seeing the prices, I decided to compare the middle variant of Vitara Brezza with base(Sigma variant of S-Cross, and the result was quite surprising.

For 25-30k less the most important feature the S-Cross lacks is the head unit, and anti-theft security system. Similar head unit can be easily purchased for 8k-10k and while I don't have exact price, security system is available with Maruti for around 5k, making the rough cost to move from Vitara Brezza VDI(O) to S-Cross Sigma as 40k.

What you get in addition to Vitara Brezza, for the additional 40k you put in, is better quality interiors, bigger and more spacious car with better build quality, which in my opinion seem definitely worth it.

Needless to say, Maruti has 2 very well priced cars, and users have been given a couple of very good choices.

PS: Information sourced from official websites, brochures etc
autorahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 17:04   #898
BHPian

By the pics shared by anycatd on the front interiors of ZDI, looks like the the head unit would not be of an universal one.

Any idea if the OEM type will be launched soon?
or can the same 7 inch OEM of ZDI+ can be fitted in this?
I have booked a ZDI and would like to go for one integrated with reverse cam.
Old 28th March 2016, 19:12   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
By the pics shared by anycatd on the front interiors of ZDI, looks like the the head unit would not be of an universal one.

Any idea if the OEM type will be launched soon?
or can the same 7 inch OEM of ZDI+ can be fitted in this?
I have booked a ZDI and would like to go for one integrated with reverse cam.
If you are really keen on the infotainment system which comes on zdi+, I would suggest you to upgrade to zdi+. Which will make things more easier and simpler. Added to it the perks of zdi+ are more welcoming on a decent price point. (like the start/stop, key less, cruise control, keep cool etc) And nothing looks more gorgeous than the dual tone, if you are picking one of the 3 colors out there.
Old 28th March 2016, 19:25   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I second your opinion about brezza. I was very disappointed with seats, both front and back. Front seats of my baleno are larger and offers good support. Rear legroom is nothing great. But this car will definitely sell and meet marutis target of 1 lakh per year. There were many people checking out the car.

The Brezza is an outcome of good research as to what the market wants. After S cross MSIL has learnt that pricing holds the key to Indian markets. The LDi+ variant comes with lots of bells and whistles and two airbags. All this priced at 8.30 lakhs OTR makes the car a winning proposition (read "value for money" proposition)

Don't ever think of comparing it with the Abarths, VW GT TDis, or even the S-cross!

Last edited by raichoudhury : 28th March 2016 at 19:27.
raichoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks