Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 21:03   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Got in touch with few Maruti dealers regarding the Vitara Brezza. All of them are quoting 16-18 weeks of waiting period.

Dealers's attitude is sky high. They are not courteous in their approach. Acting as if I am asking for a ration card and not a car.

Discussed same in our t-bhp's whatsapp group and one of the members Abhay gave a very good name for the car due to which the attitude of the dealers have turned like grocery shop and road-side vendors -

Maruti Vitara Brezza EgoBoost!

PS - Meanwhile, any other way around to get the car asap? Any other car? Ecosport/Duster growing old. TUV back seat not comfortable, S-cross still expensive, Creta too expensive!
Old 31st March 2016, 21:06   #977
BHPian

Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Monday as Banks closed tomorrow and over the weekend.
Old 31st March 2016, 21:36   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Got in touch with few Maruti dealers regarding the Vitara Brezza. All of them are quoting 16-18 weeks of waiting period.

Dealers's attitude is sky high. They are not courteous in their approach. Acting as if I am asking for a ration card and not a car.

Discussed same in our t-bhp's whatsapp group and one of the members Abhay gave a very good name for the car due to which the attitude of the dealers have turned like grocery shop and road-side vendors -

Maruti Vitara Brezza EgoBoost!
I still found the dealers to be more courteous than Nexa dealers. There is no one stopping these dealers and their take it or leave it attitude for a year until the sales go low comparatively. You can try getting the car early if there is dealer who can offer you a swap with the existing bookings. Other than that I don't there is a way around. If that is not enough I know the dealers who took the booking prior to the official kick off and have under cut the queue by at least 30 vehicles which translates to good 4-6 weeks of delivery for a variant.
Old 31st March 2016, 21:50   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
But since its UP, one can get an odd/ even number easily.
car_crazy, Could you please share how one can get an odd/even in U.P. ? I already have an even number car in family, and want our second car to be odd numbered. I have to travel to Delhi 2-3 times a week, and hence the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Have you booked? In noida?
Yes, I have booked via Rohan Motors in Noida.
Old 31st March 2016, 22:36   #980
BHPian

And here I am still waiting for the Test Drive...

Though I have booked the car about 2 weeks back
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 22:42   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
And here I am still waiting for the Test Drive...

Though I have booked the car about 2 weeks back
Even I have booked the car 2 weeks back, and still waiting for a test drive. And here on tbhp, I see people already taking delivery and asking for part number for the head unit
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 22:50   #982
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS - Meanwhile, any other way around to get the car asap? Any other car? Ecosport/Duster growing old. TUV back seat not comfortable, S-cross still expensive, Creta too expensive!
The Ecosport is not old mate. It has seen about 40% of its shelf life, which is nothing much. Its facelift is expected next year. The Honda City is at a similar stage currently(considering the fact that it is updated every 5 years).
If I were you, I would have gone for the Ecosport over the Brezza. The slight update and the introduction of the Trend+ model makes it a very good choice.

Last edited by AYP : 31st March 2016 at 22:52.
Old 31st March 2016, 23:56   #983
BHPian

I got the call from my dealer (Pratham Bangalore) that my Brezza is allotted and can take delivery in a week's time, i had booked Zdi+ but after looking at Brezza my family(parents/spouse) is not interested in Brezza, they feel Ertiga has more space and gives VFM. i am confused now whether to go with Brezza or Ertiga?

Surely the back seat is not that great for 3 people to sit comfortably in Brezza and found Ertiga feels very airy(dont know why they kept ertiga in front of their eyes), better luggage space by folding third row compare to Brezza. I tried to give reasons in going for brezza but they are not convinced, they feel claustrophobic inside breeza comparing Ertiga, looks like i will have to cancel my brezza booking

experts - any suggestions, my need is to have a highway car(5 people) with better space,comfort and carry decent luggage for those long journeys, i have Celerio AMT for City.

Thanks
MUKE
Old 31st March 2016, 23:59   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Even I have booked the car 2 weeks back, and still waiting for a test drive. And here on tbhp, I see people already taking delivery and asking for part number for the head unit
Somebody please find out and tell me the number. I had decided to drop the booking but then a test drive vehicle arrived. It was good and delivery is scheduled tomorrow.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:03   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I still found the dealers to be more courteous than Nexa dealers. There is no one stopping these dealers and their take it or leave it attitude for a year until the sales go low comparatively. You can try getting the car early if there is dealer who can offer you a swap with the existing bookings. Other than that I don't there is a way around. If that is not enough I know the dealers who took the booking prior to the official kick off and have under cut the queue by at least 30 vehicles which translates to good 4-6 weeks of delivery for a variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The Ecosport is not old mate. It has seen about 40% of its shelf life, which is nothing much. Its facelift is expected next year. The Honda City is at a similar stage currently(considering the fact that it is updated every 5 years).
If I were you, I would have gone for the Ecosport over the Brezza. The slight update and the introduction of the Trend+ model makes it a very good choice.
I was planning to replace my WagonR asap because it is broken down (rear wheel axle damaged). Now since I wanted immediate delievery which is not the case with Brezza, I am inclining towards S-Cross/EcoSport. Duster is 11+ lacs and I want to stay under 10, even better 9.50 onroad.

What will be the suggestion of BHPians? Worth waiting 3-4 months for Brezza?
Or considering EcoSport Vs. S-Cross Vs. Any other car in segment <insert car here>
Old 1st April 2016, 00:17   #986
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
any suggestions, my need is to have a highway car(5 people) with better space,comfort and carry decent luggage for those long journeys, i have Celerio AMT for City.
Your parents seems to be correct considering your requirements and the 2 cars you mentioned. But have a look at scross as well along with them.

Make sure you buy a car which you love

Quote:
Or considering EcoSport Vs. S-Cross Vs. Any other car in segment <insert car here>
Depends a lot on your requirements and priorities.

Sub 4m maruti all rounder? Brezza
Sub 4m, better build and drive but can compromise on ford level of service? Ecosport
Bigger, better build but compromise on looks? Scross

Another option if you have budget restrictions is to live with wagon r for some more time, book brezza now and have a look at the to-be-launched maruti ignis after booking it at the earliest so that you can get it in first lot. Cancel the other one then.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st April 2016 at 00:35.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:19   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
...experts - any suggestions, my need is to have a highway car(5 people) with better space,comfort and carry decent luggage for those long journeys, i have Celerio AMT for City...
Have you had a look at the S-Cross? With 1.3 Delta pretty much in the same range (of a ZDi), that's one car I would love to check out.

You don't miss much apart from the styling! And it's a great highway car, from all the reports. And it has some nifty features too, above the Brezza.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st April 2016 at 00:20.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:23   #988
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to replace my WagonR asap because it is broken down (rear wheel axle damaged). Now since I wanted immediate delievery which is not the case with Brezza, I am inclining towards S-Cross/EcoSport. Duster is 11+ lacs and I want to stay under 10, even better 9.50 onroad.

I would suggest the Ecosport Trend+ or the Titanium if possible. If SUV styling is not important, then the S-Cross Delta is a tad better option(though I'd personally go for the Ecosport, unless it is the 1.6 we are talking about).
The Delta will be a bit short on features, but at par with the Trend+.

Last edited by AYP : 1st April 2016 at 00:24.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:39   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Where S-Cross wins is space, quality, features, big car feel, downright space and comfort. I just felt happier sitting in the car than Ecosport and Brezza. Remember, its 30 cms longer and that can be both positive and negative based on your requirements.

Where Ecosport excels is at the diesel engine, which I felt was slightly better than the 1.3 on the Marutis, and handling, and an enthusiast would like to drive the Ecosport more. Its a good car, but in my opinion when you sit in the S-Cross you just feel that you are in car from 1 segment above, as the parts used in S-Cross are surprisingly good. On the other hand Ecosport is not at all roomy.

At 9.5 lakhs on road, I believe you are looking at Ecosport Trend+ and S-Cross Delta. I don't think you are losing or gaining on a lot of features here other than the Auto A/C in Ecosport and Reverse parking sensor in S Cross.

So I believe your decision hinges on what you value more. The driving experience (Ecosport Trend+) or the riding experience (S- Cross).

Personally, I would have gone for S-Cross, as I feel my family is happier when they have more sapce to lunge in, but I feel there is no wrong choice here.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:22   #990
Senior - BHPian

Went to check Brezza, and we spent more time with Ciaz.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed