Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2016, 14:37   #991
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Maruti's utility vehicles (Gypsy, Brezza, SCross, Ertiga) sold nearly 14K units in March 2016 (source: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/press-re...-apr-2016.aspx).

If we assume 500 Gypsy, 2500 SCross and 5000 Ertigas, the sales numbers of Brezza stands at around 6K. Decent opening, IMO.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 14:44   #992

Last day I cancelled the booking of Brezza. Happened to see the car (did not take any test-drive) but found it not so appealing except for some features like Dual tone painting (en-route my home happened to see 2-3 airport taxi cabs which are painted in dual colour like pink - white, blue-white etc. looked somewhat similar in lines with brezza! ) Also, this mentioned feature is present only the in top-end model which on-road would cost more than 11lakhs! That's not at all worth for Brezza which otherwise is just an ordinary vehicle.

In my view, the tongue -cleaner shaped bonnet edge is ugly, The interior seems to be a point lesser in-terms of quality and finish as compared to the new Baleno.

So, my wait is now for S-cross; Baleno to S-cross via Brezza!
krish_kochi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 16:07   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza the story so far, indications of this being Maruti Suzuki's blockbuster after Swift!

-5,000 having been delivered since March 25 when the compact SUV first reached retail outlets

- the waiting period for all bookings from March 29 have climbed up with the wait for the top-end ZDi+ D and ZDi+ editions spiralling upto 5 months

- the waiting period for Vitara Brezza’s 7 variants ranges between 16-17 weeks for the LDi and LDi (O) to 11-12 weeks for the VDi and 12-13 weeks for the VDi (O) to 18-20 weeks for the ZDi+ and ZDi+ (D)

- about 50 percent of the bookings are for the top-end models

- about half of the Vitara Brezza buyers have shifted their bookings from the LDi or VDi variants to the top-end ZDi and ZDi+ trims, once they took a closer look at the vehicle in dealerships

-The ZDi’s dual-tone colour palette along with other features has been a big crowd-puller

- Production is being ramped up

- Story repeats for Baleno, looking to cater to 10k /month for local demand and 4 k/ month for exports

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...-variant-11015

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st April 2016 at 16:19.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 18:19   #994
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Did a 41 km test drive of the Breeza just now.

21 Kms in city traffic and a flat out 20 Kms on the NICE road.

Commanding view out of the driver's seat. Feels like a proper SUV.

Turbo lag below the 2000 rpm. Constantly need to shift gears to keep it in the power band. The spongy gear box doesn't help.

Steering is light and so is the clutch, feels good for a city drive.

Once out on the open stretch the engine does sound horse when revved from 2000 rpm all the way to 4000 rpm. It also feels very strained at this rpm range. It only settles and comes into its own in the 5th gear.

Did triple digit speed on an empty stretch on the NICE road. It feels super stable, thanks to a wide body and the 215 section tyres.

Suspension has been set firm. This really helps as the speed builds up but doesn't help much at city speeds. There is a fair amount of lateral movement within the cabin, when you hit bumps or potholes and you can also feel it judder through into the cabin.

The aircon is a chiller and you cannot shut any of the vents.
Attachment 1492949
Attachment 1492950

The front seats are bolstered on the sides and heavily built people might stubble to fit in.

NVH is a let down. The engine can be heard from the minute you start and gets worse as you rev it. The concrete road did not help.

All in all a decent product but was impressed with its high speed ride and stability.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 1st April 2016 at 18:31.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 20:02   #995
BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza has received 37,000 bookings and the waiting period as mentioned by volkman10 has increased to 4 - 5 months! Good that Maruti released the Vitara through the regular dealership and not through Nexa, otherwise the waiting period would have been much higher than what it is currently due to the fewer Nexa outlets. Currently, the production rate of the Vitara is around 8000 units / month which is expected to be increased later.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/m...s-37000-227237
Old 1st April 2016, 20:13   #996
BHPian

Guys probably getting delivery of Brezza Zdi on Sunday evening.

Now, how is the tire noise/ grip of the o.e. Apollo tires.

I have test driven the car and since it was in city traffic both times, couldn't make out much.

Is an upgrade to a better tire(same size) recommended?

I had enquired for one and was suggested Michelin Primacy 3 ST.

However, the upgrade to michelin tires would cost upwards of 20k for the 5 tires, after buy back.

Recommended?

As i can use the same amount to upgrade the car audio and damping the super lite doors.
Old 1st April 2016, 20:51   #997
BHPian

I recommend changing tires to Michelin. If you mess with body work for insulation and or infotainment it can sometimes have possible warranty implications.
Old 1st April 2016, 20:55   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Turbo lag below the 2000 rpm. Constantly need to shift gears to keep it in the power band. The spongy gear box doesn't help.
SCross ECU mapping needs to be put on Brezza. Nice power delivery on that one.
Might the Judders be related to high tire pressures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys probably getting delivery of Brezza Zdi on Sunday evening.
I am too getting(rather taking) the delivery tomorrow. The test drive vehicle had noise creeping into the cabin. The SA said the pressures were a bit high. Michelin have got some side wall issue. But its been the choice for most SCross owners. What car audio upgrade have you planned? I've got ZDi too but the dealer has not got any details of installations of a touchscreen unit. I would have preferred to get a rear view camera attached to the head unit.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd April 2016 at 10:40. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 1st April 2016, 21:18   #999
BHPian

Brezza Petrol : No plans in the near future!!

MSI Executive Director Marketing and Sales RS Kalsi to The Financial Express today (April 1, 2016)

When asked if the company also plans to launch a petrol version of the compact SUV Vitara Brezza -- Kalsi said : “No plans in the near future”.
Old 1st April 2016, 23:38   #1000
BHPian

Re: Brezza Petrol : No plans in the near future!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
MSI Executive Director Marketing and Sales RS Kalsi to The Financial Express today (April 1, 2016)

When asked if the company also plans to launch a petrol version of the compact SUV Vitara Brezza -- Kalsi said : “No plans in the near future”.
Good. One less thing to repent for those who bought.
Old 2nd April 2016, 06:37   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post

So, my wait is now for S-cross; Baleno to S-cross via Brezza!
Hi Krish, Congratulations on your choice.

S-Cross is wonderful car with good handling, stability and internal space. Where is lacks is in the looks. It's more or like an over grown hatch. But, as all say, looks are subjective. I found the looks good and went for it.

Off late, the trend I'm witnessing is that many are getting redirected from Brezza and Baleno towards S-Cross. May be the price correction happened with S-Cross might have made it more appealing.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:04   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi Krish, Congratulations on your choice.

S-Cross is wonderful car with good handling, stability and internal space. Where is lacks is in the looks. It's more or like an over grown hatch. But, as all say, looks are subjective. I found the looks good and went for it.

Off late, the trend I'm witnessing is that many are getting redirected from Brezza and Baleno towards S-Cross. May be the price correction happened with S-Cross might have made it more appealing.
Hi sree, Thank You!
One of my colleagues also finally ended up buying an s-cross after hovering around amaze and polo for quite some months.
Looks, of course matter and is subjective too, however now i find s-cross appealing. I think this is mainly because it appears more solid than any other car of this league.
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:11   #1003
BHPian

Is it just me or this thread giving negative vibes to the people who had booked or are thinking about buying Brezza. Maruti comes up with a car which ticks almost all the boxes but does not excel in any one thing in particular. Yes its not a great built, yes it does not have best of interior plastics and yes the back row seats are not very comfortable and yes it does not come in petrol but is it that bad.

It is Safe, VFM, All black interiors, Sporty looking with a gem of an engine which gives great mileage and comes loaded with features. Yes things could have been better and at the same time prices would have been higher.

On another note I am looking forward for the official team review and ownership threads which peeps are too lazy to come up with.
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:25   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Is it just me or this thread giving negative vibes to the people who had booked or are thinking about buying Brezza. Maruti comes up with a car which ticks almost all the boxes but does not excel in any one thing in particular. Yes its not a great built, yes it does not have best of interior plastics and yes the back row seats are not very comfortable and yes it does not come in petrol but is it that bad.
We four people went and checked Vitara Brezza yesterday. 2 own Maruti (Dzire, Swift), 1 owns new Figo, and I own a Spark. Not a single person was impressed by Vitara brezza. May be because display variant was VDi. We ended up spending more time with Ciaz and it felt premium comparing to the Brezza.

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd April 2016 at 14:28.
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:55   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We four people went and checked Vitara Brezza yesterday. 2 own Maruti (Dzire, Swift), 1 owns new Figo, and I own a Spark. Not a single person was impressed by Vitara brezza. May be because display variant was VDi. We ended up spending more time with Ciaz and it felt premium comparing to the Brezza.
Well, exactly my feelings when I had gone to check it out first. The variant was VDi and myself, Dad and my wife were kind of OK-OK after taking a look at it. But the ZDi+ indeed felt different when I had a chance to check it out. Even the seats felt better compared to VDi. Granite grey (VDi) somehow doesn't suit this, maybe dark colors won't look good. Bright shades have better visual appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Looks like MSIL hasn't been able to procure a Petrol engine decent and peppy as the DDiS as was said by Mr C. V. Raman in one of the Auto Expo interviews.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd April 2016 at 15:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed