Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:29   #1021
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I too was thinking about the width. Happened to drive friends new Creta, super easy despite the width. Once you are inside the brain seems to make adjustments and things become easy. Only length at times can make sharp turns a bit stressful in sedans.
Yes, brain will make all those spontaneous adjustments while driving if it is in your viewport. And that's where the extra length, bulging spare wheels like ecosport and bulging body and wheel arches like swift may create some issue as they are not visible. But experience helps the brain to solve all these issues.

But when it comes to parking in tight spots, all this width and length will create issues. Imo, the best dimension for the combined use in current traffic and parking situations in city and highway and for good visual balance will be 4m length and 1.7m width.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 14:28   #1022
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
None of the so called compact suvs including brezza, ecosport, creta, scross, duster, terrano or tuv are out-and-out hardcore suvs. We need to evaluate them based on their vfm proposition.

Imo, this is not for people upgrading from a premium hatch or compact sedans. It is a car for people trying to upgrade from cars like wagonr, i10 and the likes. But that is where the huge potential lies. Maruti has rightly made and positioned the car.

Can't blame them or maruti for that. That's the confidence maruti bringing to them through their products and service.
I never made a statement on characteristics(SUV) of competing cars, while on it, Duster does offer a AWD version which is pretty well accomplished too.

VFM is a very vague term, first a prospective consumer has to shortlist their needs to be able to make out the vfm factor. Something appearing VFM to you could well be almost useless to another & vice versa.

I can't also comment on the niche market of the vehicle, I believe when a product is in the market, consumers would choose it according to their needs.

Indeed again i never blamed maruti, I just made a few points which according to me are the downsides of the vehicle so that people do not follow the herd mentality & check out the vehicle properly.
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:59   #1023
BHPian

I want to share some facts about the type of discussion going on here & on the favourite subject i.e. owing an SUV.

Why to aspire the aspects of the sedan or a premium hatcback from a Compact SUV.
SUV Bodystyle have lot of constraints like Tall-body height, top-heavy feel, high speed stability, Body Roll & If wheelbase is compact then do add bumpy ride, more unstable high speed manners due to relatively bigger wheels add more bumpiness due to their high height & bigger diameter.
These factors become more pronounced when we talk about compact SUVs because they do have even more compact wheelbase & some have much narrow track width too, so as to maintain the length-width proportions. So, automatically these aspects comes into the scene when anyone talks about an SUV.

So, thinking of an SUV, think sedate driving, relatively low FE for the space you're getting comparatively in a hatchback or a sedan & then decide your purchase rather than straight way to adopt an SUV just its tall or looks or feels rugged. IMHO, MUV/MPVs have better ride quality than SUVs because of Soft sprung suspension & other comfort oriented bits.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:21   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
I am interested to know the differential gear ratio and percentage gradeability of Vitara Brezza. The authorized dealer in Vapi is ignorant about this data. Can someone please help me in this regard. Earlier I had used older version of Tata Safari (2004) with 43% gradeability. My Nano has 30% gradeabilty !
After owning Vitara Breeza for one week and driving 300 kms mostly in Hills which includes 100+ kms on a weekend trip to a Hot Spring Resort nearby i can tell you following.

This car Vitara Breeza wants to Climb and not just climb, it wants to run and Climb. En-route climbing an incline it inspires a lot confidence and is ready to go faster. I have driven pertrol cars over 200K Kms and i always thought Diesel cars are not very good Climbers but i have been proven wrong for sure.

I have also taken this car to steeper inclines which most cars are not very comfortable to negotiate but this car does pretty good.

Presently i am following the guidelines of Tbhp Website and struggling to keep the car below 2K RPM and speed less than 50 Kmph and so not putting strain on the motor. I will do more difficult tests in future but my driving experience in hills tell me, this car is definitely going to come out with flying colors.I am sure to see a lot of cars climbing the hills.
mountaineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:48   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
I got the call from my dealer (Pratham Bangalore) that my Brezza is allotted and can take delivery in a week's time, i had booked Zdi+ but after looking at Brezza my family(parents/spouse) is not interested in Brezza, they feel Ertiga has more space and gives VFM. i am confused now whether to go with Brezza or Ertiga?

Surely the back seat is not that great for 3 people to sit comfortably in Brezza and found Ertiga feels very airy(dont know why they kept ertiga in front of their eyes), better luggage space by folding third row compare to Brezza. I tried to give reasons in going for brezza but they are not convinced, they feel claustrophobic inside breeza comparing Ertiga, looks like i will have to cancel my brezza booking

experts - any suggestions, my need is to have a highway car(5 people) with better space,comfort and carry decent luggage for those long journeys, i have Celerio AMT for City.

Thanks
MUKE

I just dropped my plan of taking delivery of Brezza and cancelling it, meanwhile i booked an used XUV500 W8 Purple- Mid 2014- 20K KMS, one of my office colleague is leaving onsite, i found his ad on quikr and later found we both work for same company. Suv is good with minor scratches else everything looks fine. i got this for slightly higher price than brezza zdi+

hope its the sensible decision considering my need for highway drive(i have Celerio AMT for city)

-MUKE
Old 3rd April 2016, 19:02   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Why Maruti is not providing SHVS hybrid option when the same engine is available for use in Ciaz which is also exempted from Delhi's odd-even rule?

Meanwhile I test drove Brezza today. Overall impressions is positive. The car does look, feel & drive like an SUV. Engine noise is pretty controlled,vibrations dampened. Little bit of shudder on the clutch. Visibility & drivability is good. Wouldnt say it could match the ride comfort of my Honda City, but still it was decent. AC was powerful.

They are quoting 12 weeks minimum for the LDi(O) variant but the problem is that neither they are confirming if I would get an even registration number, nor they are quoting me the same resale value for my WagonR if I handover my car at the time of delievery. If I handover it now, I will be car less for couple of months. Though, City is there, it is often occupied at home.

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd April 2016 at 19:08.
Old 3rd April 2016, 19:13   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Why Maruti is not providing SHVS hybrid option when the same engine is available for use in Ciaz which is also exempted from Delhi's odd-even rule?
Because VB is already under 4mtr in length and have an engine that's less than 1.5 ltr. They already have the benefit, where as Ciaz is over 4mtr. So to get extra benefits they added SHVS, thats why Ciaz with SHVS was cheaper than non SHVS Ciaz.

Adding SHVS to VB for extra .5-1% benefit if any does not make sense.
Old 3rd April 2016, 19:25   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Because VB is already under 4mtr in length and have an engine that's less than 1.5 ltr. They already have the benefit, where as Ciaz is over 4mtr. So to get extra benefits they added SHVS, thats why Ciaz with SHVS was cheaper than non SHVS Ciaz.

Adding SHVS to VB for extra .5-1% benefit if any does not make sense.
Good point, Adding SHVS to the brezza would have taken some sheen off the Ciaz, nevertheless the Ciaz is a full size sedan.

Side note: there was a mod note not to refer the car as VB. It has to referred as Vitara Brezza or just Brezza
Old 3rd April 2016, 20:05   #1029
BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Got my Brezza Delivered just half hour ago. I had booked it on first day of opening of official bookings 9th March IIRC.

Got tank full of fuel as maruti generously provides only 5 litres of diesel and since it was riding like a boat and skidding on roads, got air pressures checked as well.

And since this is Maruti: Recommended tire pressure :33 psi, tire pressure in new car :50-54 psiThe Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459693931.706820.jpgThe Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459693963.209981.jpgThe Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459693982.962346.jpgThe Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459694006.617325.jpg

Just pasted the Team-Bhp sticker on it.

Stereo is quiet good and just needs tweeters.

Will post better day light photos tomorrow.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 3rd April 2016 at 20:12.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:49   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Putting off the Brezza purchase decision as of now. Not really excited to wait for 3-4 months just for a car.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:12   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
After owning Vitara Breeza for one week and driving 300 kms This car Vitara Breeza wants to Climb and not just climb, it wants to run and Climb. En-route climbing an incline it inspires a lot confidence and is ready to go faster. I have driven pertrol cars over 200K Kms and i always thought Diesel cars are not very good Climbers but i have been proven wrong for sure. Presently i am following the guidelines of Tbhp Website and struggling to keep the car below 2K RPM and speed less than 50 Kmph and so not putting strain on the motor.
That's good to hear. Ill pick up my car on Friday. All the negative comments were making me nervous. Keep posting your experiences about twice a day. Helps me stay calm.

Is the run in period really effective? How to avoid doing high rpms while overtaking and similar situations?

Quote:
Little bit of shudder on the clutch.

They are quoting 12 weeks minimum for the LDi(O) variant but the problem is that neither they are confirming if I would get an even registration number, nor they are quoting me the same resale value for my WagonR if I handover my car at the time of delievery. If I handover it now, I will be car less for couple of months. Though, City is there, it is often occupied at home.
The delivery periods are exaggerated I believe. For me it was quoted 8 weeks but got it in 3 weeks. Sitting with dealer for a week at my request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Got my Brezza Delivered just half hour ago. I had booked it on first day of opening of official bookings 9th March IIRC.

Got tank full of fuel as maruti generously provides only 5 litres of diesel and since it was riding like a boat and skidding on roads, got air pressures checked as well.

And since this is Maruti: Recommended tire pressure :33 psi, tire pressure in new car :50-54 psi
Just pasted the Team-Bhp sticker on it.

Stereo is quiet good and just needs tweeters.

Congratz. I think I was wrong about the white color. It looks good but my blue looks better to me.

High pressures everywhere. Why are they over filling it.

I was planning a stereo upgrade but lets see how it sounds then decide. I believe a rear view cam will come real handy. If I buy it online will anyone install it for me? It also depends on where I will end up connecting it. New touchscree, IVRM or a on dash screen.

Quote:
Putting off the Brezza purchase decision as of now. Not really excited to wait for 3-4 months just for a car.
Don't. U will get it much sooner. I think its Maruti's strategy to prevent SCross cannibalism. Those who want early tend to go for SCross.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:21   #1032
BHPian

[quote=mountaineer;3944939]
I have also taken this car to steeper inclines which most cars are not very comfortable to negotiate but this car does pretty good.

Yes I do believe. Suzuki compact suvs are very competent for use in Himalaya region. Because of it's light weight and small wheelbase it is more practical and more suitable than the heavy duty suvs with longer wheelbase. The position of alternator in Brezza can comfortably give it fording depth of over 500 mm. I have used Maruti Gypsy ( 1000 cc) for over a decade and mostly in hilly Arunachal Pradesh. I do not think that any other Indian SUV could have served my purpose. Like Maruti Swift , the Brezza will also be a grand success in the field of compact crossover for many years.
koushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 00:46   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Brezza Delivered just half hour ago.
Congrats car_crazy1400 !

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for the daytime pics. Night time pics in low light just don't do justice to the beauty of the white brezza. Not to put pressure on you, but I'm going to finalize whether to change the color of my booking on the basis of your pics

Happy driving !
Old 4th April 2016, 01:31   #1034
BHPian

My question to all those people who have either taken delivery, or have driven the Brezza extensively- How is the dashboard plastic quality?? I did have a brief look at it at a service centre, and found it to be horrendously cheap and shiny. To me, the plastic quality of the Swift appeared far better!!!

Is the quality really cheap, or is it just visually cheap because of the weird pattern??

Best Regards,
Anant Gupta
baby_antu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 07:54   #1035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
That's good to hear. Ill pick up my car on Friday. All the negative comments were making me nervous. Keep posting your experiences about twice a day. Helps me stay calm.
Don't worry, man. Brezza will neither disappoint you, nor make you repent on your decision. It's a very good practical and vfm car.

I am also tempted to move to brezza because of its high ground clearance, commanding seats, easy ingress and egress, 300+ ltrs boot space and low loading lip. The last point itself will help me in not aggravating my back pain.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 4th April 2016 at 08:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed