Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 15:51   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Can any member do the official review for team bhp? I can collect a couple of guys from different fields and do it maybe.
Every member can review a product. It's the content quality & coverage which makes it equivalent to / as useful as an official review. If you can give us a well scripted one, we all will be grateful. It may not be termed an official review, but then name shouldn't matter much. If you can manage someone with good photography / processing capability, that'd be a plus.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:16   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

I had checked the display car few days back and was disappointed with lack of underthigh support in both front and rear seats. Today, I took a test drive. Test drive was on highways, broken roads and good corners. I am very impressed with power delivery. I have driven all cars with 1.3 90 bhp multijet and brezza is tuned the best. Power delivery is linear and there is a good punch above 2000 rpm. Brezza felt faster than my sx4 and 1.3 s cross (thanks to reduced weight). Maruti has done a good job by providing balanced ride and handling. Ride quality was pretty good on broken roads compared to bumpy low speed ride in my baleno. Handling was decent for a car with high GC. I can say it is better than creta. But ecosport is more fun on corners. I checked few brezzas in stock yard. There were 3 Vdi's and 1 Zdi+ variant. This car will serve the needs of majority of Indian population. People with above 5 feet 10 inches height might find it uncomfortable on long drives.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160407_150351.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160407_150403.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160407_145624.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160407_145650.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160407_145842.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 7th April 2016 at 16:17.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:30   #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
i'm planning to upgrade my 2010 Swift VDi (60k+ kms) and was looking on Polo TDi. got no support at all from family and relatives.
i decided not to go with any Maruti products after this and suddenly brezza launch happened.
Congrats ysak for selecting a maruti!

A couple of days before I had made a call to the Mamangalam Popular RM to ask about the waiting period for Brezza top - end only to get the reply as 8-10 weeks.

Earlier, I had booked a brezza (long back, on Jan 29th!). As soon as the brezza's price range was out, i was in two minds about continuing with the booking. Soon, after the official launch happened to see the vehicle. Somehow , I didn't like the Car in its full aesthetics (both int and ext - purely personal). I cancelled its booking.

On the way back did a booking of S-Cross Zeta 1.3 from Nexa (Sai servies, Edappally) and the delivery is expected tomorrow or day-after.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2016 at 16:35. Reason: Shortening quote and adding some paragraph breaks for readability.
krish_kochi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:59   #1084
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know if it's posted earlier. I was reading autocar magazine and found a comparison between brezza and ecosport. Brezza is faster than ecosport in both 0-100 and in gear acceleration.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160407_165649_1460028433953.jpg  

Old 7th April 2016, 17:44   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiplug View Post

Congrats on the car Mountaineer. Quick question, from the looks of it you seem to have opted for the accessories package, Care to elaborate?

Opted for the same color scheme, getting delivery within the next 2 days, thinking of opting for the Sports kit minus the graphics. kindly suggest
I have opted for following accessories

1. Mud flap set
2.Wheel Arc Cladding :- This make the car look more muscular and also will secure car from rashes.
3. Front Upper Grille chrome ( Though i was of the opinion that this will add too much chrome to the grille but it seems to look OK). You may not want to add this depending upon your taste.

I have ordered the following accessories and still not received :-
1. Alloy for 5th wheel
2. Floor mats

You may also consider the following accessories but i did not add :-

1. Side Cladding :- I feel the side cladding looks good in Yellow car and in red car it become a bit over the top.
2. Steering wheel cover :- did not like the finish in demo car.
3. Seat Covers :- Were not available at the time i took delivery, but now i have dropped the idea and will use the existing stock covers (Thanks to discussion in this forum).
Front extender : May be i will consider later on.
Old 7th April 2016, 18:05   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
I have opted for following accessories

1. Mud flap set
2.Wheel Arc Cladding :- This make the car look more muscular and also will secure car from rashes.
3. Front Upper Grille chrome ( Though i was of the opinion that this will add too much chrome to the grille but it seems to look OK). You may not want to add this depending upon your taste.

1. Alloy for 5th wheel
2. Floor mats

You may also consider the following accessories but i did not add :-

1. Side Cladding :- I feel the side cladding looks good in Yellow car and in red car it become a bit over the top.
2. Steering wheel cover :- did not like the finish in demo car.
3. Seat Covers :- Were not available at the time i took delivery, but now i have dropped the idea and will use the existing stock covers (Thanks to discussion in this forum).
Front extender : May be i will consider later on.
Hope you checked about the spare being of the same size and the alloy with the spare fitting inside the boot area. How much was this though.

Dropping the seat covers IMHO is not a good option. Did you check out the covers in person. The seat covers not only gives Brezza a very sporty look from inside but also enhances the interior aesthetics overall. I might just get the mud flaps and the seat covers from the dealer and ignore everything else. Yes the discussion was there about the stock covers being great for day to day use but the official options given by MSL are of good fit and finish too. Will try to post some pics of the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-interiors.jpg

Last edited by Switch : 7th April 2016 at 18:09.
Old 7th April 2016, 18:15   #1087
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
On the way back did a booking of S-Cross Zeta 1.3 from Nexa (Sai servies, Edappally) and the delivery is expected tomorrow or day-after.

Congrats krish on your S-Cross. personally i dont like the S-Cross styling on the front. Otherwise i would have gone for it . Did you testdrive brezza?
Old 7th April 2016, 18:18   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
1. Alloy for 5th wheel
Any idea about the cost of a single alloy wheel
Old 7th April 2016, 18:36   #1089
BHPian

I guess 5900 as posted earlier in the accessories price list. I could be wrong g though.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:13   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I guess 5900 as posted earlier in the accessories price list. I could be wrong g though.
₹5900 is for the urban or sporty kit alloy
Not the regular alloys that come as OE in Zdi variants

By the way
Where's the tbhp review we all are waiting for since long
Old 7th April 2016, 19:42   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Spare alloy costs Rs 6K as per dealer, however final price can be shared once spare is received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
₹5900 is for the urban or sporty kit alloy
Alloy cost is Rs 6K , the kit costs from Rs 23 to 29 k

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Why has the dealer put his name on your headlights. Yours on headlights don't look good. Try to get it removed before the glue disintegrates and leaves a residue.
Thanks for pointing out, now i have removed the same.

Quote:
Hope you checked about the spare being of the same size and the alloy with the spare fitting inside the boot area. How much was this though.

Dropping the seat covers IMHO is not a good option. Did you check out the covers in person. The seat covers not only gives Brezza a very sporty look from inside but also enhances the interior aesthetics overall. I might just get the mud flaps and the seat covers from the dealer and ignore everything else. Yes the discussion was there about the stock covers being great for day to day use but the official options given by MSL are of good fit and finish too. Will try to post some pics of the same.
Spare size is Same, have verified. pls see one photo for reference pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Any idea about the cost of a single alloy wheel
Spare alloy costs Rs 6K as per dealer, however final price can be shared once spare is received.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-tyre.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-cr2.jpg  

mountaineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 19:52   #1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Congrats krish on your S-Cross. personally i dont like the S-Cross styling on the front. Otherwise i would have gone for it . Did you testdrive brezza?
Thank you! True, during the initial days of s-cross and also during the initial days of my car hunting, S-cross was not considered only due to its non-styling perception. However, when felt s-cross in flesh, the perceptions started to reciprocate. solid, stylish and it gives no feel of "unskilled-labour" in its build quality , inside out. Whereas, in my opinion, brezza failed to impart a "fine-car" image.
The interiors, honestly, I find Baleno's to be a tad better than that of Brezza's. Also, the tongue-cleaner edged bonnet looks ugly (to me). The seat position is superb and it is sure that the boxy look would give it a road presence than what s-cross does.
Nevertheless, eventually, i am trying to convince myself that more than road presence, beauty, looks etc, there are quite few things that a 10lakh car must posses and that made me to go for s-cross.
krish_kochi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 20:28   #1093
Senior - BHPian

In our dealership people with day 1-2 bookings have got their cars in stockyard. Most opted for Gudi padwa delivery. Also colour change was permitted by MSIL for a certain period as many didn't see actual colour of cars.

Waiting period was updated twice with current one going 2+ months
Old 7th April 2016, 20:43   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the discussion was there about the stock covers being great for day to day use but the official options given by MSL are of good fit and finish too. Will try to post some pics of the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-interiors.jpg
These are not available as an accessory. You have buy the package for that. I went ahead with the all black ones which had a smoother leather(Art). Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. If anyone got the the ones from the picture referred please let me know fast.
Old 7th April 2016, 20:44   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have driven all cars with 1.3 90 bhp multijet and brezza is tuned the best. Power delivery is linear and there is a good punch above 2000 rpm. Brezza felt faster than my sx4 and 1.3 s cross (thanks to reduced weight).
Motorbeam have tested the 0-100 Km/hr acceleration for Brezza and I think this video explains it all:

Though the Brezza comes through as a bulky car, the light & strong sheet metal makes it quite nimble.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks