Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 18:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

I think Fiat is on a bad streak. They need some motivation. Abarth looked promising (in terms of sales) but not many were sold. This might have disappointed Fiat.

On the other hand, the attitude shown by Fiat dealers is disappointing. I think Fiat should start direct sales bypassing the dealerships/or opening company owned ones. Just have service centers.

I hope to meet some senior Fiat representative this auto expo and ask him when they plan to open dealership in Mumbai!
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 23:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016

A full set of pics have just been added to the 1st page of this thread!

Linea 125s:
Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016-31.jpg

Avventura Urban Cross concept:
Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016-13.jpg

Punto Pure:
Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016-1.jpg
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 01:22   #48
BHPian

Sad show as usual! But hey whats the point in bring new models ? They dont even switch on lights in their showrooms! I recently bought a Punto, the delivery was well beyond 6PM, they hadn't even switched on the lights!! I had to do that for them!!

OTOH, if that Avventura Cross is launched my EVO will get those headlights and the front grill for sure!!!

Even, if they have no intentions to launch why couldn't they display the Aegea ? too difficult to import one car ?
Old 5th February 2016, 08:29   #49
BANNED

If one wants to know why Fiat India is in such a state, one only needs to visit their pavilion at the auto expo. No Aegea/Tipo, No Uno, No 500X? Are these guys serious? Wish these guys had one tenth the enthusiasm and passion of the moderators covering the Expo
Old 5th February 2016, 13:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

I hope to meet some senior Fiat representative this auto expo and ask him when they plan to open dealership in Mumbai!
All the best in finding one I will be very surprised if someone from FIAT India will be ready to stand for 2 mins and listen to you. Not sure why Fiat is sleeping in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 13:53   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments from Kevin Flynn to Economic Times which may give some hope or seem far fetched and doomed to fail depending on how you look at it

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India says it is working on a completely new product lineup for India even as it continues rolling out new versions of the Punto and Linea in the country.

Three pillars of strategy.
  1. First Pillar: President and Managing Director, Kevin Flynn says "I have been here 11 months and my first job was to get a hold of the business. We have worked really hard with our dealers on the infrastructure and the commercial arrangements with us and how we can make sure they are more stable," This has been completed.

2. Second Pillar: Fiat is currently at the middle pillar that looks to provide ways to navigate to the third stage. This basically means playing around with the Linea and Punto and bringing more variants. More of a 'Buy us some time' exercise. The relaunched Punto is part of this. Fiat calls it the 'New Entry Point' it has created.

3. Third Pillar: Where will Fiat like to be 2 years down the line. This includes the segments they would operate in and the next generation of products that they will launch. Every segment and what works within that segment has already been mapped and inputs from the dealer network has been incorporated to come up with the product strategy.

Full Article at: ETAuto

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th February 2016 at 13:54.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 16:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some comments from Kevin Flynn to Economic Times which may give some hope or seem far fetched and doomed to fail depending on how you look at it

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India says it is working on a completely new product lineup for India even as it continues rolling out new versions of the Punto and Linea in the country.

Three pillars of strategy.
God bless the guy who writes these lines for FCA; pillars, future

By just not participating in the Expo they could've offset the losses of around six months than irritate us with these philosophies and products.

Last edited by rav11stars : 5th February 2016 at 16:05. Reason: grammar
rav11stars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 18:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
We have worked really hard with our dealers on the infrastructure and the commercial arrangements with us and how we can make sure they are more stable," This has been completed.
"This has been completed"

Half the places do not have a dealership. But "this has been completed".
But there is none in Mumbai. Answer - "this has been completed".

I will exhaust both the emoticons here. This deserves them

Quote:
[*]Second Pillar: Fiat is currently at the middle pillar that looks to provide ways to navigate to the third stage. This basically means playing around with the Linea and Punto and bringing more variants.
Well, they are in this mode for as long as I can remember. The rubbery gearbox has got stuck in this gear.
vinit.merchant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 16:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Best thing they can do is kill FIAT brand in India, and focus on Jeep/Chrysler. Whatever they do is not going to help them, especially launches like Punto Pure.

Convert all showrooms to Jeep/Chrysler without any trace of FIAT.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 17:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
All the best in finding one I will be very surprised if someone from FIAT India will be ready to stand for 2 mins and listen to you. Not sure why Fiat is sleeping in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai.
Had a chat with an FCA guy. He was aware of lack of dealership, but told me that there is an authorised service center or two in Mumbai. They are working on the dealership and we can expect one soon (in 2016). Left him my card and he promised to follow up on the same.

He though suggested to get Abarth from Pune and they have been instructed to help in getting the car to Mumbai as well as its registration.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 22:13   #56
BHPian

Being a self confessed fiat fan _ I decided to look at the Punto Pure on their website _ the dealership in Chennai needs to firstly wake up before picking up calls !! Website being the only way out - i was surprised that Fiat India actually got mixed up between their MultiJet and Fire Engines on their webpage _ attached image for reference !!

Come on fiat - you can do better than this !!!!

Srini
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016-punto-pure.jpg  

Srini76 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 22:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Had a chat with an FCA guy. He was aware of lack of dealership, but told me that there is an authorised service center or two in Mumbai. They are working on the dealership and we can expect one soon (in 2016). Left him my card and he promised to follow up on the same.

He though suggested to get Abarth from Pune and they have been instructed to help in getting the car to Mumbai as well as its registration.
This conversation is too ridiculous. They cannot supply a car in Bombay and want you to buy from Pune. What next? Take it to Pune for servicing too???

Why does a company with such lovely products not have more competent management in India? For far too long they have had morons at the helm.
Old 8th February 2016, 02:46   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad state of affairs! Launching an extra 11 bhp 'Abarth' Linea and a Punto Pure from earlier days. Atleast, they could have showcased their 'yet to be revealed in India' line of engines. (1.6 / 1.9 MJD, Multi Air & Multijet II)

Fiat could have borrowed some of those awesome resurrected S10s from Cochin to decorate their bays rather! Am sure they (Fiat) would have got a really good share of lime light with those.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th February 2016 at 02:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 09:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
This conversation is too ridiculous. They cannot supply a car in Bombay and want you to buy from Pune. What next? Take it to Pune for servicing too???
I've mentioned that he said some service centers are open. Servicing is not a problem. But agree with you on their poor management. They should have been better prepared. Or even set up a temp dealership till the new one opens.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:15   #60
Team-BHP Support

What I didn't understand with Fiat is why they didn't show some interesting concepts. Even if these cars were a few years away or not slated for launch. The idea is to draw crowds and generate interest as well as get people to see what the brand is capable of.

All they had to do was import 2 cars, the Fiat 500X compact crossover, and the new Tipo/Egea sedan.

These 2 cars alone would have done wonders to the brand and got people excited.

Heck Chevy parked the Camaro and Corvette and that did wonders for them. Hyundai had 3 cars, the i30, Sonata and SQ90 which are easily a few years down or won't even make it but they still parked them their to draw crowd.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed