Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 20:37   #241
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
Sudeep..Thanks a lot for these pictures..I have decided to go for this color .I wanted to know does the V variant have projector headlamps and do the middle row seats in this variant fold down with the 1st row seat to make the lounger as shown in tbhp auto expo review..

Thanks in advance
Yes, V variant gets projector (Not sure if they are LEDs) I dint try the seat combinations but the 8 seater rear bench is comfortable enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Sudeep, thanks for the details.
  • 2250 RPM at 100kmph is not bad. The current gen innova is more than 2500 rpm at that speed.
  • Suspension: It's good that they made it more supple. Sometimes I felt that my Innova is too hard on broken roads.
  • Space: Thats a big dampener. I'm not sure the utility value of a vehicle having 7 / 8 seats and the last row is cramped.
It is absorbent and doesn't unsettle the car during high speed. Feels more German'ish in overall ride experience.

Third row is indeed a let down.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 21:00   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
We have paid INR 50K as booking amount. INR 500K is definitely extremely high. Perhaps this dealer is just trying his luck with you. INR 50K-100K was what we were asked to pay as booking amount.
Which dealer did you put down the 50k with as a deposit?

Mumbai or Navi Mumbai dealer?
Old 25th April 2016, 21:15   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Which dealer did you put down the 50k with as a deposit?

Mumbai or Navi Mumbai dealer?
Have done it with Millennium Toyota in Thane. PM me in case you need the contact details.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 21:23   #244
BHPian

is the prebooking happening all over India or only at select cities? I called up the dealer at Coimbatore and I was told that I need to wait until the official launch to make the booking. Please enlighten me.
Old 25th April 2016, 21:50   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Have done it with Millennium Toyota in Thane. PM me in case you need the contact details.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
is the prebooking happening all over India or only at select cities? I called up the dealer at Coimbatore and I was told that I need to wait until the official launch to make the booking. Please enlighten me.
I was just speaking to dealer that has my Fortuner and he said that they had to wait until the launch for more information...
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 23:43   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Expected the engine to be more relaxed @100km/h in top gear. 2250 RPM @ 100km/h is way better than the current one, but sudeep.pandya reporting that the gearing is on the shorter side is disheartening. They could have bought in the 'high powered' 2.4 with the 6 speed manual.

Regarding the space, was surprised to hear that the space is down compared to the last gen. None of the reviews done by ACI or those n Thailand had said that.

I initially put it down to the darker interiors and the fact that the seats maybe larger for better thigh support giving a sense of less space. But looks like it is the case, especially in the 3rd row, which the ol' Innova was the best after the Xylo in comfort(seating).

Anyway, looking forward to the launch.
Old 26th April 2016, 00:32   #247
BHPian

Found this video on youtube. Talks so much about the 'Kijang' branding and the how its a legend in its own right!

vinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 09:30   #248
BHPian

The rear side indicators feel like two teeth coming out from the side of the mouth of an ugly dragon. Terrible design.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:21   #249
Senior - BHPian

If the third row space is less compared to the outgoing model, it may just help hold the resale prices for the outgoing model. Although I am praying and suspect that the seating may still be comfortable for an adult of size 5ft 7 inches and below. I hope it is and I finally will be able to buy something which fulfills all my needs.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:26   #250

Dear, i'am 170 cm and to my seating posture, i found the third row cramped compared to old innova. I had posted my comparisons earlier in this thread.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:44   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

Last row was a tight fit. The front seats were adjusted as per my frame (5.11'). I believe the old gen was more spacious here.

Attachment 1500663
Oh crap, so much scarcity of space for 3rd row occupants?
Also look at the way third bench sits closer to the floor.
I think Innova has gained some dimensions and still lacks on space inside?

That could be a bummer for a person looking for a REAL 7 seater.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:13   #252
BANNED

The Crysta rear is as ugly / good as Land Cruiser, if viewed separately. If viewed as a whole, the boxy rear suits Land Cruiser's style, but doesn't gel well with the curvy design of the Crysta.

Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-toyotainnovacrysta19081454942230.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2013toyotalandcruiserrearview.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 26th April 2016 at 12:24.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:18   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
Sudeep..Thanks a lot for these pictures..I have decided to go for this color .I wanted to know does the V variant have projector headlamps and do the middle row seats in this variant fold down with the 1st row seat to make the lounger as shown in tbhp auto expo review..

Thanks in advance
All variants come with projector lamps except 2.4GX. Some more pics with all variants lined up at a dealers stock yard.

Also checked on the middle row space. Under thigh support is increased compared to my current gen Innova. Also the luggage space remains same as current gen. Did not check the last row space.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160421wa0029.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160421wa0001.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160421wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by Dhanu@DJ : 26th April 2016 at 12:22. Reason: Extra info
Dhanu@DJ is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:21   #254
BHPian

Well here is my mini review of my Test drive of the Innova. Just for the everyone's notice, I only had access to the Gulf spec version which consists of 2.7L petrol version (carried forward from the last gen here), 164hp, 4cyl mated to a 6 speed automatic.

As the pics are already out, im not discussing the looks but definitely its a much better look exterior, although the tail lights are more in line with the corporate rear ( i.e. Rav4, etc.)

The drive was limited to about 15 minutes. During that time, I had a quick look in and was briefed about the new chassis. Definitely body rigidity feels improved. The vehicle feels much sturdier in the straights, and there is a higher imposing feeling on the road when sitting inside. ( I can imagine so much more intimidation by newer Innovas on the Indian roads). The ride is comfy, thanks to the new suspension setup and overall ambience is much nicer, feeling much more premium. The 6-speed auto, compared to the ancient 4 speed was so much of a relief. The power delivery is still quite linear but that lethargic feeling after 80km/h is gone. The manual mode on the auto ( a triptronic kind) wasn't particularly useful. Inputs were slow and took a touch of idle time before shifting, best to leave it in fully auto mode. The only issue with the 6-speed, its designed more for fuel economy and is always in a hurry to shift up to the higher gear.

Some quick curves and serves during the drive resulted in a sway that kind of felt that the agility had reduced compared to the previous gen. The main reason is the heavier weight and larger dimensions. The added bulk, although masked by the 6-speed, still makes the innova feel slow. In the Indian version though, the added power and torque should make it feel much more powerful but not feel class leading as it sounds on paper.

The interior although nicer, still has a fair share of plastics. The seats felt more comfy nonetheless. The thicker seats though have eaten into the interior space, which brings us to the never ending debate of the moment. Definitely spacing has been revised, although there are there are some murmurs regarding the new transmission causing seat setup changes ( I cannot confirm this, although this has been talked about multiple times in the new Fortuner, which is yet to be on sale there). The space revision has compromised the last row majorly with the second row slightly, which when setup for me (6'0)certainly feels much tighter than old model. I guess they don't consider an entire family of above 5'9 to occupy most of the seats at the same time.

The 6-speed auto is a recommended addition, and knowing that they can charge a hefty premium is the reason the auto is only given on the 2.8L for the Indian market. The 5 speed manual carried forward will make the Innova feel stressed at the higher speeds. (Be sure a 6-speed manual is on the cards for the facelift or a future model) That said, excluding a 6-speed manual is quite a poor deal on all variants after charging a high premium.

Features vise we get standard of 3 airbags (front+passenger+ front knee) and the top model gets 17" alloy. 6 speakers and cruise control is also standard across variants. The mid & higher models get all the TFT & Entertainment screens. The top of the line is only available with captain seats.

The cost here is around 15.5-18.5lakhs (on conversion) with three variants between them, I expect it to be higher for the top end there.

End of my version of a semi-detailed review.
daywiz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:24   #255

The interior size comparison of Old Innova Vs Innova Crysta is as follows:

Interior Length : Old model 288 cm Vs Crysta 260 cm (28 cm short)

Interior Width : Old model 149 cm Vs Crysta 149 cm

interior Height : Old model 127.5 cm Vs Crysta 124.5 cm (3 cm short)

This shortage is showing in the third row.

You can find the brochure copies for reference in my earlier post.
majopjose is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks