Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:40   #391
sun
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

The interior does look really bland, especially the color scheme if it's the GX variant that is shown. And what is the logic of omitting the audio video system in a car priced like it is now ?

Last edited by sun : 3rd May 2016 at 18:41. Reason: correction
sun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:44   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is that a dash board 18.5 Lakhs Rupee car?. Some of the commercial vehicles have better looking dashboard than that!
Ditto! That looks horrendous! Perhaps this is the model Taxi folks are going to buy now that the old Innova is out of production.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:52   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited the Nippon Toyota megashowroom at Kalamassery to see the Innova Crysta.

Seeing the GX, VX and ZX it dawned on me how huge a difference a few fake wooden trims, fabrics and soft touch inserts made in the interior feel and ambience.

About the much talked about difference in the interior space i too felt it. But a quick jump in the ol' Innova standing at one corner of the showroom vanished any such thoughts in me. It's primarily the dark interior colours and the thicker seats that create such a notion. Hope, TKM isn't reading much into this, lest they revert to beige again

The GX auto as a variant feels perfect for me as it has all the necessary bells and whistle (customised ICE, though spending 18 lakhs OTR does make the lack of music system as well as the interior ambience stand out as sore points.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:55   #394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
The interior does look really bland, especially the color scheme if it's the GX variant that is shown. And what is the logic of omitting the audio video system in a car priced like it is now ?
Yes indeed it is the GX 2.8 AT variant.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:57   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
Yes indeed it is the GX 2.8 AT variant.
If you have pics of VX variant, can you post the same here.
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:05   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
Hello Fellow members want to add my little opinion to the ongoing hot discussion. Went to see the new innova at the Toyota dealership today. They had the Gx,VX and Zx variants at the display. The Vx MT is the one if one wants a nice interior with manual transmission otherwise the interior for Gx is too bland. Saw Gx Auto 2.8 but it was too bland looking inside for the price Toyota claims. Attaching the picture from inside. Test drive would start in my city from 6th May as per the sales guy. Must say the new innova crysta looks much nicer and bigger than the current model.The 2.8 Diesel mill felt loud outside but cannot say about inside NVH when they started the Gx AT variant for parking purpose at the dealership. And sorry for the quality of the pics and angle as was in a bit of hurry so could not manage full view angles.
That is the worst option Toyota could have come up. GX variant with a hideous interior setup, and plastic covering where the entertainment screen should be. Why don't they just drop the GX 2.8 Auto and make it a 2.4 VX Auto variant in its place. Pains to see the amount of cost cutting they have deployed.
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:06   #397
BHPian

Toyota has loaded the top variants to the gills but the mid variants feel under equipped for the price. The GX variant feels horribly barebones for an 18 lakh rupee vehicle.
Things like no audio system, lack of interior inserts etc would've been acceptable at a lower price but not at this price. A 10 lakh rupee C segment sedan has a better ambience than the GX variant.
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:09   #398
BHPian

Is it Toyota being greedy or their India partner being greedy. Globally Toyota is not a premium offering. Unlike India, globally their prices are more or less in line with the value perceived of the product offered.

The On road price in Bangalore for
ZX AT - 26 L
ZX MT - 24 L

The interior of GX variant looks like that of a goods carrier.

The pricing seems to be big joke.
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:11   #399
BHPian

Innova Crysta Surat City Price List

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-innova-pricelist.jpg

IMHO, considering the steep pricing of the car right from the entry level variant as compared to the outgoing Innova, Toyota is hinting at selling the new Innova Crysta to personal owners only.

AFAIK, the reason behind discontinuing the Qualis and introducing 1st Gen Innova with a steep price hike as compared to Qualis, was to target the personal cars owners rather than the fleet operators.

Toyota has done the same with Innova Crysta as compared to the outgoing Innova 1st gen.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:34   #400
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
If you have pics of VX variant, can you post the same here.
Sorry My bad but don't have pics of VX variant it was occupied by too many prospective buyers at that time. But it has nice interiors and all the necessary functions sans cruise control and may be some functions missing here and there, as the top end zx carries all the bells and whistles.
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:35   #401
BHPian

Visited Sharayu Toyota with a friend who was hell bent on getting the new one , so much so that he deferred his buying by almost 9 months to wait for the crysta! And we went to the showroom in a 2010 Model V Innova just for comparison sake

Oh boy and what a downer it is,pricing is ridiculous ( 5.5 lakhs difference between GX and ZX AT and the ZX is 25 lakhs on road pune) and the last row is no where near as comfortable as the older one, in which i being 5'10" have sat happily on numerous occasions and that too for long drives ( Goa to be precise).

Within 10 minutes we walked out of the showroom and my friend is disgusted that he didnt pick up the older one. For the reference he owns a Merc E 250 CDI and was least bothered about the engine choices or rather the better and more powerful ones and also the additional features, he strongly felt Toyota is ripping us Indians off!And he sadly hopped on over to the older Innova and drove back.

Now his wait for the Hexa begins!
rosaf is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:52   #402
BHPian

The GX interior is absolutely unacceptable. The cab operators are going to be buying the MT version and not the AT version, so I am not sure who the AT version is aimed at. At 18+L OTR, the audacity of Toyota India is jaw dropping.

They have clearly omitted the VX AT to push people who want a reasonably luxurious interior to ZX AT. At the current price, the ZX AT should have been equipped with at the minimum:

1. AWD with increased GC
2. Power Tail Gate
3. Panoramic Roof
4. Bi-Xenons (LEDs have very sharp cut off and throw limited)
5. All wheel disc brakes

In my opinion, the GX AT is probably not going to be a big seller. Toyota is likely to introduce a VX AT trim in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Now his wait for the Hexa begins!
If history is any indication (based on Aria), I would not get my hopes up.I am sure Tata will be tempted to price Hexa close to Crysta essentially justifying Toyota India's pricing.

I hope I am wrong though.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th May 2016 at 07:12. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:41   #403
BHPian

Shocked to see that the ground clearance of Crysta is only 167mm. This is a clear deal breaker for me.

Wonder what the toyota design engineers thought! That Indian roads have become better all of a sudden?

Add to this the Rs.25L+ pricing for the automatic. Phew! Way too close to fortuner price.

Looks like I'll hold on to my current Innova for a few more years. My only problem with it is not having the automatic.
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:49   #404
Senior - BHPian

Getting my ZX AT on 15th may hopefully in Grey Color.

The top end version is a beauty. The interiors and display and head unit is brilliant and so are the captain seats.

The lighting is great.

Have not even driven it and still made the decision.

But a car like this is a no brainer. In a few years when you sell it the car will be almost 30 lacs and you could get an insane resale still.

The interiors are close to luxury car levels now.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:17   #405
Senior - BHPian

Although the Gx variant looks spartan, it makes much more sense for cost conscious people. Buying a Toyota is some sort of an investment

Our ex-neighbor bought the basic variant of Innova when it was launched (The Amir Khan ad version). He swapped the wheels for factory alloys over the period of time, changed seat covers and put on some good music system and I can tell you his car still looks swell, not to mention the resale value he is getting on the car since its single driver used by a nuclear family without any major issue. And yes, he is not interested in selling her.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed