Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 10:19   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Isn't it an industry standard that is being done to differentiate various variants. Its not like all the Swift variants got the ACC.
If a 8L car can get ACC, why cant a 18 Lac car get ACC.
Differentiation apart, compare with cars few segments lower, this should be should standard.

Last edited by F150 : 4th May 2016 at 10:21.
Old 4th May 2016, 10:37   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

The car has got heavier, the petrol engine hasn't improved. So, no point selling the petrol immediately.

Honestly, nobody is going to buy a petrol unless forced to. (Situation in Delhi)

If you want a quiet petrol, buy a corolla. If you can stretch, buy the Endeavour.
I beg to differ. I am a prospective buyer for a fully loaded Petrol variant of the Innova inspite of me having a corolla and a fortuner already. While there may not me several like me having the other two cars in their garage already, I see an even bigger reason for them to want the Innova in petrol. Simply to get the best of both worlds, the refinement of a corolla petrol with the space utility of the Fortuner.

That being said, they would need to get a good turbo charged petrol to do the job right. A sluggish petrol engine with poor FE will not work well with buyers.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 13:27   #423
BHPian

Booked the 2.8ZX AT variant. Mumbai dealer does not have On road prices yet. Although the Crysta is priced almost 6 lacs higher than the outgoing Innova, its completely worth it for the vast improvements and added features. The way I look at it is I've saved 6 - 7 lacs by going for the Innova AT instead of the Fortuner. Not to mention the much better ride quality for city use.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 15:44   #424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Booked the 2.8ZX AT variant. Mumbai dealer does not have On road prices yet.
I just called the showroom and was told that the ZX A/T on road Mumbai will retail at about 26.25 lakh approximately.

That is VERY expensive. At that kind of price, I would very seriously consider an Endy automatic at about 33 odd lakh on road Mumbai. I know the extra 6 lakh is not exactly petty cash but then its a LOT more vehicle than the Innova.

The XUV A/T pricing also remains fairly secure with the Innova's pricing.

If they must operate at these price points, IMO at the very least they should also offer an A/T in the VX trim. I won't be surprised if in 12 - 18 months this is in fact offered in VX too.
Old 4th May 2016, 18:01   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Booked the 2.8ZX AT variant. Mumbai dealer does not have On road prices yet. Although the Crysta is priced almost 6 lacs higher than the outgoing Innova, its completely worth it for the vast improvements and added features. The way I look at it is I've saved 6 - 7 lacs by going for the Innova AT instead of the Fortuner. Not to mention the much better ride quality for city use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I just called the showroom and was told that the ZX A/T on road Mumbai will retail at about 26.25 lakh approximately.

That is VERY expensive. At that kind of price, I would very seriously consider an Endy automatic at about 33 odd lakh on road Mumbai. I know the extra 6 lakh is not exactly petty cash but then its a LOT more vehicle than the Innova.

The XUV A/T pricing also remains fairly secure with the Innova's pricing.

If they must operate at these price points, IMO at the very least they should also offer an A/T in the VX trim. I won't be surprised if in 12 - 18 months this is in fact offered in VX too.
I doubt the price will touch 26 OTR Mumbai. When I bought an Octavia 6 months back the Ex showroom price was 20.26 and it was coming to 23.81 OTR Mumbai Individual registration with Octroi including extended warranty and insurance. With the crysta priced at 20.77 ex showroom Mumbai I do not think that there can be too much of a difference and should still be under 25L OTR.

Last edited by vvb8530 : 4th May 2016 at 18:15.
Old 4th May 2016, 18:05   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivbel View Post
The top end 2.8 ZX (AT) is a whopping 26.39 lakhs!! on road in Bangalore. I am sure despite the pricing, the Crysta will still sell like hot cakes.
I not too sure of that!
It will eat it's competitors and spit out their bones, no doubt.
However, it remains to be seen, if it can manage 6K+ units month on month, like it's predecessor.
It is playing in the 18-26 lakh market now. In this price segment, the volumes would be lesser, in my opinion.
Old 4th May 2016, 18:07   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That being said, they would need to get a good turbo charged petrol to do the job right. A sluggish petrol engine with poor FE will not work well with buyers.
Many would consider buying a turbro petrol.
The 2.0 L is a good engine in terms of performance (compared to the old 2.5 diesel), but my uncle told me that it gave 8 kmpl in city.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:10   #428
Team-BHP Support

Already saw one new temporary registered car in Bangalore. Z variant with wine'ish colour.

Looks huge and has more road presence than ever before.
Old 4th May 2016, 18:32   #429
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I doubt the price will touch 26 OTR Mumbai.

Mumbai and surrounding on road price sheet attached. On road price of ZX AT nudges past 26 lakh.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462366883.857406.jpg
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:56   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Mumbai and surrounding on road price sheet attached. On road price of ZX AT nudges past 26 lakh.

Attachment 1503562
As per this sheet the Ex Showroom cost itself is more than a Lakh than what was mentioned in sheets posted earlier here. Here the ex showroom Mumbai for the ZX AT is considered at 21.90L while earlier it was posted as 20.77L. Can you please confirm the source of this price list that you have got.
Old 4th May 2016, 19:17   #431
BHPian

Carwale is showing the OTR for ZX A/T in Pune to be 25.49L and that for XUV W10 AT AWD to be 21.5L. Thats a difference of 4L. And a difference of 5L if I compare with the XUV W10 AT. Thats quite some difference. I will need to drive the Crysta to decide. But at the outset, not really convinced with huge price differential in the two cars.

Even if I consider the fact that the XUV will be "less" reliable than the Crysta; if I plan to own the vehicle for, say, about 10 years then the 5L will cover for any and all 'realiability' issues that I might face and plus cover me for atleast 50k to 60k kms of fuel.

This weekend, I really have some work to do in the Toyota showroom.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 19:40   #432
Senior - BHPian

Refer price sheet posted by Axe77, can the depot charges be removed? Also can one bring in their own insurance policy with past NCB accrued via an NCB letter from Insurance company. Depot charge seems to be illogical unless I am not up to date! Would appreciate if someone can opine on these 2 issues I have raised! I am assuming the Registration charges includes service to register car? As i understand 12.35% is the calculus, by which Rs. 3611/- is already being taken for the same so why another 10K?

Last edited by canonball : 4th May 2016 at 19:41.
Old 4th May 2016, 19:55   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Even if I consider the fact that the XUV will be "less" reliable than the Crysta; if I plan to own the vehicle for, say, about 10 years then the 5L will cover for any and all 'realiability' issues that I might face and plus cover me for atleast 50k to 60k kms of fuel.
And not to forget, that 5L will earn you Rs 40,000 interest every year (at 8%) and that itself may be enough to cover unexpected 'reliability' issues. Secondly the car will be in warranty for the first 3 yrs. At the end of 10 yrs, you may have your 5L principal intact, plus a bonus most likely.

I don't find this pricing reasonable. I feel that folks were expecting a 'very very crazy' price given the old Innova's pricing, and it has just turned out to be 'very crazy' instead. If one only looks at the ZX variant, one might get the impression that the new Innova is a very nicely appointed vehicle, but a look at the lower trims tells a different story.

I also don't get the idea of a 174 bhp engine in a people carrier. A van for enthusiasts ? The 2.4 engine with its 150 bhp should be more than enough to address all expectations from a vehicle in this category.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 21:46   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked up with the dealer here in Faridabad.

In the light of the Supreme court ban on big diesels here in NCR, there do not have the vehicle on display. Forget test drives, there are no brochures or price lists either. They insist that all of these will be made available the day the ban lifts, but nothing before that.

Again, they refused to take any booking amount.
Old 4th May 2016, 22:12   #435
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
And not to forget, that 5L will earn you Rs 40,000 interest every year (at 8%) and that itself may be enough to cover unexpected 'reliability' issues. Secondly the car will be in warranty for the first 3 yrs. At the end of 10 yrs, you may have your 5L principal intact, plus a bonus most likely.

I don't find this pricing reasonable. I feel that folks were expecting a 'very very crazy' price given the old Innova's pricing, and it has just turned out to be 'very crazy' instead. If one only looks at the ZX variant, one might get the impression that the new Innova is a very nicely appointed vehicle, but a look at the lower trims tells a different story.

I also don't get the idea of a 174 bhp engine in a people carrier. A van for enthusiasts ? The 2.4 engine with its 150 bhp should be more than enough to address all expectations from a vehicle in this category.

I so agree with you on everything. The features aren't that great to command the premium they are asking. They still haven't given auto dimming IRVM and automatic rain sensing wipers. The Automatic A/C is also single zone not a two zone. From the way I see it you still can't stop the air circulation fully for the front vents.
The XUV 500 W8&W10 still has more features like tyre pressure monitor, Sunroof, automatic rain sensing wipers, auto dimming IRVM(they work or not is a different matter altogether...just kidding)
Also I feel the 2.8 engine was not at all necessary. By keeping a 2.4 auto they could have reduced the cost significantly.

I feel Toyota Kirloskar Motor has made a myopic decision with respect to the Crysta launch right from the start. They are just not thinking about their entire line up.
First they just showcase the Crysta at the Expo and not the new Fortuner which was wrong.
Second they go ahead and launch a powerful diesel Innova. So why will someone buy a 4x2 auto Fortuner. Even when the new Fortuner is launched there will be hardly any difference between the 2. Only difference between the Crysta and the 2016 4x2 Fortuner will be:
Increased ground clearance
Power tailgate
Increased torque rating compensated by the increase in weight so back to square one.
What TKM has done is basically killed the sales of both the old and to be launched 4x2 Fortuner.

Second thing today if I don't have or don't want to spend 20 big ones I have to look elsewhere. This leaves the 12-18 lakh segment wide open.
The taxi segment which was such a huge market is now gone from Toyota's hands. Let's face it selling a car to an individual is much difficult and less fruitful than to an organisation. An individual will stop at 2-3 cars and his or her reference will give you another 2-3 car sales. But with organisation it's a different game. The Innova had such a lot of goodwill organisations would buy 10-20 cars at a time. Also an individual will run his car maximum 30,000km a year on an average these rental guys have a running of more than 50,000km thereby increased income through after sales service too.

Last edited by dean5545 : 4th May 2016 at 22:20.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks