Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 13:34   #541
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
But the booking form states dealer will to pay interest on deposit after 15 days! By not transacting within 15 days they have to pay interest!
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that; will pass on this info. Thanks.
Old 10th May 2016, 16:41   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Don't want to start an argument here but
I believe there will be a huge difference in the quality control irrespective of the brand.

eg3: Compare the overall quality of the Thai Fortuner/Innova to that of Indian one.
Not responding in argument mode, but I have driven a Fortuner both in India and Thailand and I found no difference at all. In India I own one and in Thailand drove a self drive.
Old 10th May 2016, 16:54   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Not responding in argument mode, but I have driven a Fortuner both in India and Thailand and I found no difference at all. In India I own one and in Thailand drove a self drive.
Your Fortuner has a Thai engine and gear box, so the drive quality will not differ.

My worry was that going forward ,the engines will be made in India.
Old 10th May 2016, 16:55   #544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't want to start an argument here but
I believe there will be a huge difference in the quality control irrespective of the brand.

An an engine which is manufactured for export to several countries will undergo stringent quality checks and an engine is manufactured for the local market will be different.
Other brands might be doing it i.e. quality difference between India and Thailand but Toyota doesn't seem to be.

Corolla's sold in India were identical to ones sold in Singapore. No difference.

Same with Innova in Indonesia and India. Didn't find much difference.

The thing with Toyota is even the vendors are actually owned by Toyota. They are tightly run by Toyota themselves.

I remember reading this and if you come to the Plant in Bangalore you will see all the vendors actually have facilities around the plant itself.

Where the quality takes a cut is in Etios which is not a global product so there is cost cutting involved right from the start.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 17:01   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Other brands might be doing it i.e. quality difference between India and Thailand but Toyota doesn't seem to be.

Corolla's sold in India were identical to ones sold in Singapore. No difference.

Same with Innova in Indonesia and India. Didn't find much difference.

The thing with Toyota is even the vendors are actually owned by Toyota. They are tightly run by Toyota themselves.

I remember reading this and if you come to the Plant in Bangalore you will see all the vendors actually have facilities around the plant itself.

Where the quality takes a cut is in Etios which is not a global product so there is cost cutting involved right from the start.

Exactly my point , let us wait and see when Innova and Fortuner are actually totally made in India (including the engine) and sold in India only without any exports.

I will not be surprised if they become like the Etios
Old 10th May 2016, 17:03   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

An an engine which is manufactured for export to several countries will undergo stringent quality checks and an engine is manufactured for the local market will be different.
Absolutely wrong. Toyota takes pride is making the highest quality parts for any car, any where. If you read "The Toyota Way", you'll get to know.

I've traveled in an Innova in Thailand, it was the same inside. It had a petrol under the hood though.

There are primary differences in the design of some cars itself. Like the current gen Corolla sold in the USA and car sold in India, so you really can't argue too much in such cases. Also, the GD engines sold in India don't have a DPF as Toyota can meet the emission requirement in India without having one, so they save costs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Correction.

I don't believe that the parts in the Etios are inferior. The cost-cutting is in design.

I'm sure the engine will last 2.5-3 lakh km easily, the all switches in the interior will last the distance. I've never heard a rattle in a tourist vehicle which had run 80K kms. Can't say the same about an Indica or previous gen Marutis or even the 4th gen City (some particular batches). I've never heard of anything breaking/being replaced before it should be in an Etios.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 10th May 2016 at 17:12.
Old 10th May 2016, 17:20   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Correction.

I don't believe that the parts in the Etios are inferior. The cost-cutting is in design.

I'm sure the engine will last 2.5-3 lakh km easily, the all switches in the interior will last the distance. I've never heard a rattle in a tourist vehicle which had run 80K kms. Can't say the same about an Indica or previous gen Marutis or even the 4th gen City (some particular batches). I've never heard of anything breaking/being replaced before it should be in an Etios.
Actually that's what I meant. If you see my post I had written that Quality of parts are not lower but there is cost cutting involved right from the start in design phase itself.

Basically the parts are not over engineered in Etios like the Innova and Corolla.

Innova was in production in India for more than 10 years. I think a lot of the parts of the car were already localized. I remember reading that the old Innova has 80% localization in India.

And I really didn't find any difference in the Indonesian and Indian Innova 2-3 years back.

Toyota I guess are just too stringent on Quality and even if they localize a part I doubt there will be any difference in Quality.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 18:02   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Anyone have any idea of delivery schedules being given to Mumbai customers? Booked a GX Auto 8 seater Bronze on 4th May. I was given to understand that Toyota has produced and stockpiled a rather sizeable number of cars to be delivered before announcing launch dates/a while ago. Dealer language is "there is only a trickle of cars allotted mostly top end ones as of this past Saturday" Also states "Toyota will give priority to Political, and Government requests for allotment" All this sounds rather "Untoyota" like. This is from a Toyota rep, so not some hearsay. Deposit taken with great enthusiasm but same vigour missing from committing delivery dates. Language being spoken is "most likely june mid" earlier was told 15 May possible. Toyota dealer refused to officially declare prices till Saturday, way past formal price declaration date. Am I with the wrong dealer?
I paid an advance in Feb / Mar'16. Was deposited only after I confirmed taking delivery. Nandi Toyota has promised delivery of the GX 7 seater AT on May 20th. Negotiating for 19th May. We are all greedy , aren't we :0
Old 10th May 2016, 18:50   #549
Senior - BHPian

When I checked re a Zx AT/ MT the sales guy said 3-4 months waiting time. Did not look like that kind of rush (2-3 other people were there). This was at Nandi TOyota at Kudlu gate.

I would guess 3-4 months wait is non-sense.
Old 10th May 2016, 19:36   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
When I checked re a Zx AT/ MT the sales guy said 3-4 months waiting time. Did not look like that kind of rush (2-3 other people were there). This was at Nandi TOyota at Kudlu gate.

Same here in Chandigarh. 2.8 ZX AT wait listed at 4 months. IMO, that's marketing propaganda to create hype unless they really didn't think there would be too many takers of the ZX trim because of the price.
t2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 19:47   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

The cost of quick delivery is ten lakh rupees down payment.
One of my friend didn't mind paying and his vehicle will be delivered by the end of may.
Old 10th May 2016, 19:58   #552
Team-BHP Support

Unlike other Auto companies , Toyota dealers don't get any soft credit, not even to cover transit time. Something as expensive as LC - costing over 1,35 Cr - Dealer margin is less than 2 lac and that's the reason you won't have Test drive LC or LC Prado anywhere. Margins on Innova & Fortuner are also very limited. Toyota believes and practices in the rotation, getting parts just on time for manufacturing to deliveries, dealers are encouraged not to stock anything and almost all operations at Dealers are monitored including retail sales.

I have also experienced similar 3-4 month delivery at both dealerships in Chandigarh and at the same time both dealerships have already received about 15 Auto Zx in the first lot and more are in transit . I will suggest getting finance formalities done by dealership or outside so that whenever they have cars, one should have his funds/loan cleared.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th May 2016 at 20:03.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 21:03   #553
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed. Getting my Innova ZX AT in grey this Sunday. All payment formalities done.

Waiting to get my hands on it now.

Waiting period for people booking now is nearly 6-8 weeks I am told. Not that bad as I thought so.
vkochar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 01:16   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Confirmed. Getting my Innova ZX AT in grey this Sunday. All payment formalities done.

Waiting to get my hands on it now.

Waiting period for people booking now is nearly 6-8 weeks I am told. Not that bad as I thought so.
Congratulations vkochar
Awaiting the first ownership report on the forum.

Great choice of engine and colour too.

How much was the down payment?
And did you take the insurance from dealer?
Old 11th May 2016, 09:32   #555
BHPian

Booked 2.8 ZX AT Garnet Red (aka maroon) delivery by the end of the month. Otr price is 25,57,000 Inr.
HOTROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed