Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 19:30   #751
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
I got my Innova Crysta 2.8L AT ZX Variant in Grey Metallic delivered on Saturday
Hi Philip

I am being offered Grey colour as well, though my first preference was Pearl , what are your views about the colour & vehicle,if you can share.

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th May 2016 at 19:32.
Old 26th May 2016, 21:28   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Hi Philip

I am being offered Grey colour as well, though my first preference was Pearl , what are your views about the colour & vehicle,if you can share.

The Pearl White is a really nice colour. My Corolla Altis is Pearl White, its got a great shine to it and its a great colour as long as you keep the paint clean. On my Altis the Pearl White has a different tone when you look at the car from different angles when under the sun. My old Innova is silver in Colour though my family's first preference is always white. On the older generation of the Innova if I remember correctly Toyota has not offered the top variant in White Colour. The main reason we didn't take the Crysta in white was because most of the Innova's used as taxi's and fleet cars were white. Also my Mother didn't quite like the big gloss black grille that would stand out in the case of the White Colour Crysta. So our choices were either silver, grey or bronze and I chose grey out of the three.

Coming to the Grey Metallic, it is a very difficult colour to maintain and almost all scratches that fall on grey metallic paint tend to stand out! But if you are someone who constantly waxes & polishes the car and enjoys maintaining the shine of the paint, the grey metallic is a really rewarding colour and personally to me its one of those classy colours.

The vehicle has been wonderful so far! I have enjoyed every moment spent in the car. There are so many features inside, that I have still not gotten time to overlook them all. The car is returning about 10kms to a litre. These figures should improve as I run the car more. The different driving modes are nice and I am always tempted to turn on the PWR Mode. The stock suspension setup is great and the car just cruises over the uneven patches without much havoc. The car is powerful and I enjoyed the late night drive back home from Cochin, I drove in tiptronic most of time and the Auto Box did show some delay when asking for downshifts and as I have told earlier, it would have been great if Toyota could have incorporated real time display in the MID for the gear shifts but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. The headlights are awesome and they were excellent in the rain too. I am getting the Crysta registered as soon as possible because the proposed NGT Ban in Kerala has also included a ban on the registration of new diesel vehicles above 2000cc. We would have to wait and see what this rule turns out to be.

A closer look at the Grey Metallic.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464277920.142301.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464278032.271641.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464278129.638659.jpg
Philip.Mathew is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 21:52   #753
Senior - BHPian

I am scheduled for my first long drive in this Car tomorrow morning. I would be doing close to 1500 kms over the next 3 days.

They Grey color is great and in my opinion the best of the lot. Never owned a grey colored car but I think my decision was right.
Old 26th May 2016, 22:17   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am scheduled for my first long drive in this Car tomorrow morning. I would be doing close to 1500 kms over the next 3 days.

They Grey color is great and in my opinion the best of the lot. Never owned a grey colored car but I think my decision was right.
Do enjoy your long drive and let us know your experience with the car! Have you taken the car to the dealership for the 1 Month/1000km check up yet?

Drive Safe.
Old 27th May 2016, 07:40   #755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
he main reason we didn't take the Crysta in white was because most of the Innova's used as taxi's and fleet cars were white.
Quote:
Also my Mother didn't quite like the big gloss black grille that would stand out in the case of the White Colour Crysta. So our choices were either silver, grey or bronze and I chose grey out of the three
Thanks, Philip. This clears my doubts on the colour completely , you guys surely have a taste and your Mom has excellent attention to details , she is absolutely right about the black grill + grey combo
Old 27th May 2016, 11:09   #756
BHPian

Any pictures of the bronze shade? I was told that its in demand and takes about 1.5 months to deliver, but silver and grey shades are readily available for delivery. This is from Nandi Toyota.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 13:29   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
I convinced my Dad that he ought to book the new Crysta and I'm glad to report that he's taken the plunge (not that he needed much convincing, he was actually waiting a while for the new model to launch).

After some discussion between us on needs and wants, he's booked the 2.4 VX MT 8 in "White Pearl Crystal Shine".
Quote:
Many thanks, t2k4, Sudeep, Sankar and karpusv, for your prompt revert. The pictures uploaded by Sudeep and Sankar were especially helpful.
It's settled then. My Dad called up and had the colour changed from "White Pearl Crystal Shine" to "Super White".
I had my Dad's assistant email me a scanned copy of the booking documentation:

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-innova-crysta-booking.jpg

Do any of you ladies or gentlemen know what the "Toyota Protect (Standard/Add-on)" entry for Rs.76,256 relates to?

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th May 2016, 13:45   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Do any of you ladies or gentlemen know what the "Toyota Protect (Standard/Add-on)" entry for Rs.76,256 relates to?
Thanks in advance!
It's their insurance cover. If you don't want to buy insurance from them, you can decline it.
Old 27th May 2016, 13:57   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
It's their insurance cover. If you don't want to buy insurance from them, you can decline it.
Thanks for the quick revert t2k4.
Am assuming that insurance from the Toyota "stealership" is best avoided, and one should opt for independent insurance cover? Has anyone had trouble getting insurance directly from a third-party? I know of instances where dealers try and force customers to buy insurance from them, is that generally the case with Toyota as well?
Old 27th May 2016, 14:00   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick revert t2k4.
Am assuming that insurance from the Toyota "stealership" is best avoided, and one should opt for independent insurance cover? Has anyone had trouble getting insurance directly from a third-party? I know of instances where dealers try and force customers to buy insurance from them, is that generally the case with Toyota as well?
They might try to shove their insurance and accessories down your way but you can politely or sternly decline it. A call to Toyota Care would definitely sort the matters for you.

You can go with any insurance carrier of your choosing. Just shop around ahead of time and have your ducks lined up (finance, insurance etc.) before the delivery date.

Last edited by t2k4 : 27th May 2016 at 14:05.
Old 27th May 2016, 14:39   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
They might try to shove their insurance and accessories down your way but you can politely or sternly decline it. A call to Toyota Care would definitely sort the matters for you.

You can go with any insurance carrier of your choosing. Just shop around ahead of time and have your ducks lined up (finance, insurance etc.) before the delivery date.
Thanks, have already warned my Dad about insurance, we'll be sure to shop around.
Old 27th May 2016, 15:33   #762
Senior - BHPian

Hawkeyes, although my booking sheet is duely filled, this commitment checklist sheet is empty, perhaps because I booked on May 5th when prices where not declared. What delivery dates are you being pitched. Congrats on the booking by the way

Last edited by canonball : 27th May 2016 at 15:36.
Old 27th May 2016, 17:06   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Any pictures of the bronze shade? I was told that its in demand and takes about 1.5 months to deliver, but silver and grey shades are readily available for delivery. This is from Nandi Toyota.
Bronze can be seen in this post (Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016). The VX variant in the second pic.

That shade suits the Crysta really well. Would be my pick among the lot.

Edit:

KL high court stays NGT' ban on registration of diesel vehicles of 2000cc or above for 2 months on a petition filed by Nippon Toyota.

Source

Last edited by deetjohn : 27th May 2016 at 17:12. Reason: Adding link.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 17:41   #764
BHPian

I booked 2 of them in Mumbai. One in Maroon and one in Bronze. The bronze will be delivered in a month but the maroon one will take 3 months as they are not taking that shade into production yet due to lower demand.
Old 27th May 2016, 17:44   #765
Senior - BHPian

Did close to 650 kms today and arrived at my destination but not without drama !

The rear left tyre messed up and had a massive cut and crack on it. I was driving and my driver was sitting next to me and I could feel something was wrong and I stopped in few seconds. No damage to the alloy.

However the tyre is not useable to say the least.

I spoke to Toyota about this and they have asked me to bring it to their showroom on Monday when I get first service done.

I was disappointed for over an hour !

Coming to the car it's brilliant. The highway manners are absolutely phenomenal. I driver for half the distance and it was good.

It's given me an average of over 16 kpl.

The cruise control brings out the best FE.

I will update regarding tyre and why as I am baffled.

It's a turanza by the way.
vkochar is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed