Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 14:30   #826
BHPian

Installed rear bike guard. This is how it looks on Pearl White

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465289989.170393.jpg
sudeep.pandya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 18:36   #827
BHPian

Did a 350kms round trip from mumbai to mulshi via mumbai pune expressway
Drive is excellent just that the gearbox is too eager to downshift as compared to my jetta
Fe was 13 with full time ac and heavy mumbai to panvel traffic and a huge jam on expressway due to the unfortunate accident which claimed 17
docaxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 22:17   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Came to know from the South Indian movie star cars thread (Link (South Indian Movie stars and their cars), Link (South Indian Movie stars and their cars)) that Malayalam Film Actor and Superstar Mr Mammoty has got himself an Innova Crysta. Those who follow him will know that he is a huge car enthusiast and has a great collection of cars. Him buying a Crysta soon after launch says something about how good a product the Crysta is.

Of course, this is probably his cheapest car (apparently along with a Corolla) and is probably a 'beater' car for him
Old 7th June 2016, 23:00   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

Attachment 1515030
Sudeep, congrats on the new acquisition.

The guard may seem like a welcome addition to protect and keep her well, and it may help with small nudges. However, it sure looks obtrusive to the Rear Sonar placements from the pic. Suggest you get your RPS assist checked, any obtrusion in its working and take decision on rear guard accordingly. IMO, the sonar should have been at a level lower than the guard.
Old 8th June 2016, 00:53   #830
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know for sure if the petrol will also come in AT?

Personally I think there's a space in the market for hybrid petrol (Camry type) vehicles in the MUV / SUV space. If I could buy a Camry segment vehicle that's a 5 seat SUV shape it would probably offer more boot space too.

The upcoming x-trail hybrid fits your requirements perfectly. It was showcased in the 2016 expo and autocar did a review too. It will be launched this year as per the reports.
Old 8th June 2016, 20:00   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Sudeep, congrats on the new acquisition.

The guard may seem like a welcome addition to protect and keep her well, and it may help with small nudges. However, it sure looks obtrusive to the Rear Sonar placements from the pic. Suggest you get your RPS assist checked, any obtrusion in its working and take decision on rear guard accordingly. IMO, the sonar should have been at a level lower than the guard.

Since the accessory is made by Toyota, the placement of sonar is strategically done and doesn't interfere with its working.

This picture would give you a better idea regarding the placement-

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465396158.640242.jpg
Old 8th June 2016, 20:32   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the accessory is made by Toyota, the placement of sonar is strategically done and doesn't interfere with its working. ]
Quote:
Attachment 1515030
The guard looks quite neat, like the way it is angled at the ends.
It doesn't obscure the reflectors on the bumpers like the outgoing model did
Old 8th June 2016, 21:54   #833
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my GX AT 8 seater this evening from Toyota Trivandrum. I will update my initial impressions soon in a later post. Accessories installed - Stereo, Security system and Mats.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160608wa0011.jpg  

Sankar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 22:05   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Took delivery of my GX AT 8 seater this evening from Toyota Trivandrum.
Congratulations, Sankar!

White always looks pristine on the Innova's curves, masking the sharper ones quite nicely. But, you were debating between this one or the Red shade. Availability problem for Red?

How's the AT performing inside the city? What's the latest on the diesel ban over there?

Wish you and your family plenty of happy miles ahead.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th June 2016 at 22:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 06:52   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congratulations, Sankar!

White always looks pristine on the Innova's curves, masking the sharper ones quite nicely. But, you were debating between this one or the Red shade. Availability problem for Red?

How's the AT performing inside the city? What's the latest on the diesel ban over there?

Wish you and your family plenty of happy miles ahead.
Thanks RavenAvi.

I like the Garnet Red shade on Innova but will demand more care to look its best as its a dark colour. Bronze was also considered but decided to stick with original choice white.

AT tends to hold the first two gears for rather long if you keep the pedal pressed but lift the pedal slightly and it will upshift. In ECO mode i found it upshifts early. Getting used to it. Other ATs i have driven extensively is the E60 530D and the VW DSG, those are in a different league.

Theres nothing new reg the Ban, last development was the temporary stay from Hon. HC on the ban on registration imposed by NGT, it continues as on date.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 06:59   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AT tends to hold the first two gears for rather long if you keep the pedal pressed but lift the pedal slightly and it will upshift. In ECO mode i found it upshifts early. Getting used to it.
Congrats Sankar! That really makes it a wonderful garage now.

The Crysta 2.8 AT is amazing for relaxed running especially the ECO mode. Toyota hasn't got the tuning for the Power mode right.

But its a great engine. The NVH is stellar and it picks up speed quite effortlessly. Have fun!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 09:23   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my GX AT 8 seater this evening from Toyota Trivandrum. I will update my initial impressions soon in a later post. Accessories installed - Stereo, Security system and Mats.
Congrats Sankar. Can you share details about the stereo system? Make and any pictures if you can share. I need to decide between Blaupunkt and Pioneer.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 10:15   #838
Senior - BHPian

Waiting in Toyota service center to correct a misaligned steering wheel. Next day after delivery. It was late last evening to correct it when i noticed it.

Not what i wanted to do the first thing after taking delivery Vehicle is good. I like it.

Will update later when i get to a computer. Now on mobile.

Last edited by Sankar : 9th June 2016 at 10:16.
Old 9th June 2016, 15:17   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sankar,
Could you please share some interior pics of the dashboard and middle row seats? I haven't got to see the dashboard yet for 2.8GX AT and the interioir colour tone. Also post some snaps of Stereo system and what security system have you got installed?
Old 9th June 2016, 16:26   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting in Toyota service center to correct a misaligned steering wheel. Next day after delivery. It was late last evening to correct it when i noticed it.

Not what i wanted to do the first thing after taking delivery Vehicle is good. I like it.

Will update later when i get to a computer. Now on mobile.
I understand, how you would have felt in this :( Hope you get it resolved completely by the time you read this later today.

Thanks for sharing and appreciate being "open". Because, people tend to hide such things when it comes to brands like Toyota !

Prem.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks