Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 10:49   #76
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
This looks perfect replacement for our 9 year old Innova.

Went to local Toyota dealer and Sales guy was saying it will come around August and will be 4-5 lakh costlier then current gen. Now, I really hope he is wrong on both date and price.
Kunal i have read that the car will be launched before May. With so many added features am sure it will retail at around 22L to 23L.
Old 9th February 2016, 11:59   #77
BHPian

I pestered a Toyota personnel at the expo.

And was told that even though they are tight lipped about the Innova's pricing. But the 2.8 litre auto is expected to be over 20 lacs ex showroom Delhi.

And the New fortuner is expected in 2017 only.
Old 10th February 2016, 15:46   #78
BHPian

With risk of getting brickbats, I would say we have too many fanboys on this thread who want Innova Crysta to be priced beyond INR 20 Lacs which I would say will be a ridiculous price. For the same price, People can get Two Ertigas or One Lodgy + One Ertiga (Lodgy for personal use and Ertiga for leasing that as Taxi to take care of resale haircut/higher maintenance costs of Lodgy). If Toyota decides to sell both current version and Crysta together, the volume numbers will come from current version and Crysta will cater only to fanboys market.

As a collective forum, we should try to alter Toyota's approach towards providing a fully loaded international product at a fair price and not milk our market by providing a bare bones product at a steep price. Lets not give an impression to Toyota that we are ok with them pricing Crysta at whatever price they want with lesser features as they want.
TSIched'Out is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:02   #79
BHPian

Overdrive reports that bookings for the Innova Crysta will open in March 2016 with a launch by end March or early April 2016.

Quote:
Toyota India has confirmed that bookings for the upcoming Innova Crysta will be open in March, 2016. The booking amount will be Rs 50,000
I'd say that's a decently quick timeframe (from display in India to launch). Hoping its not priced insanely high!

Source: Overdrive
Old 10th February 2016, 22:52   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

As a collective forum, we should try to alter Toyota's approach towards providing a fully loaded international product at a fair price and not milk our market by providing a bare bones product at a steep price. Lets not give an impression to Toyota that we are ok with them pricing Crysta at whatever price they want with lesser features as they want.
Though am one of the above mentioned fanboys, have to agree with you regarding the pricing aspect.

TKM is nevertheless like many other companies closely scrutinizing our threads and especially before the prices are announced they want to gauge the response, and many of the TBHPians in a sense of 'putting up their arms' or surrendering before the companies ever increasing pricings just post high prices to be realistic and many put OTR prices as speculated without specifically telling so.

Now car companies have many other factors in deciding prices, but things like these too influence them in a good measure.

Regarding the Innova pricing, am putting my bets on the Endeavour pricing narrowing down the window for Toyota, still. Toyota being Toyota and Innovas flying off the shelves they may price it up as they like, especially the surprise 'cherry on cake' 2.8GD variant, which will very well cross the 20lakh mark.

Just hope that they launch a decent spec 2.4GD model under 15lakhs for people like me who have been waiting for the next gen innova for years.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 11:50   #81
BHPian

I do not think there are many Toyota fanboys. Fiat, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, maybe Mitsubishi all have fanboys. Toyota of all car manufacturers does not command any obsession from aficionados.

It is cold hard logic that makes ordinary people buy Corollas or Innovas. The Innova is a product which costs on the upward of Rs 15L without any fancy pretensions, selling 5000 units a month for years. Even at the end of its life cycle, it sells 3500 units plus.

Loyalty does not sell for that long.

If somebody would buy two Lodgys (!!) or Ertigas for the price of one Innova or not as a member kindly suggested elsewhere, I do not know. But I feel purchase decisions of most people do not work in that manner.

Regarding the pricing of the Crysta, it is widely mentioned that prices are expected on the upwards of Rs 20L. If it starts there, a top of the line 2.8 Diesel AT shall easily touch 25L, a shade below the current Fortuner.

Whether there is any logic for spending that much money on the Crysta, I do not know. As with every product, the ultimate reasoning shall be done by the market.

Toyota got ambitious with its Camry prices in the past, and it found very few takers. The current Camry is even more pricier, but when people see that it is loaded with new technology and features they buy it happily. Most of us Toyota buyers look for durability, longevity and not for fancy features that might stop working some time down the lane. But the Camry indicates that people are willing to buy Toyotas for their technology and gizmos. The Camry is somewhat the opposite case of the Innova. And I sincerely hope that the Crysta is also kept straightforward and simple, and does not come with features that would be of more interest to the kids.

When it comes to the Crysta, I think we all are on the same boat here. We would not want to give Toyota one Rupee more of our hard earned money than that it is absolutely necessary. So if we may persuade Toyota into a lower pricing, it would be simply great.

For me and most other friends who use Innovas, our apprehensions are not on the prices. It is about the availability. Toyota dealers are known to limit Innova deliveries due to the service load on their workshops.

So keeping fingers crossed, and waiting for an Innova that finally is coming with an Automatic gearbox.

Last edited by Yeldo : 11th February 2016 at 11:52.
Yeldo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 11:58   #82
BHPian

Given that TKM is talking about a very high level of localization, they should keep the prices down to continue their dream run with this model.

I have been driving one since 2005 and I can bet my life with the current one and I am definitely looking forward for the new model. While there are some niggles including no disc breaks on all four wheels, this is a welcome upgrade
Old 11th February 2016, 13:43   #83
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out.

Crysta was one of the special editions of around 1000 units of the Innova launched back in 2011. It had a price tag of around 13L ex-showroom.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-toyota_innova_crysta_main_1_560x420_560x420.jpg

May be it had a better response than Toyota anticipated. They have gone back to the same sub branding after 5 years.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 17:09   #84
Team-BHP Support

I read somewhere that Toyota is working very hard on all fronts to ensure that the Innova pricing is as competitive as possible. Through localisation etc. At the end of the day, I'm sure Toyota will not want a cash cow like Innova to ever be rejected by the market.

Separately btw, I am told a lot of taxi operators over the course of the last year were actually in mutual discussions and moving a lot of their business to the Lodgy. The economics of the Innova were just pinching more and more with every hike. I heard this directly from a fleet owner who our company is using for many years. So Toyota I'm sure can't take pricing completely for granted. Ultimately they also have to be market driven and IMO, it is easier to increase prices later than start with a flawed pricing strategy that's too high.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:04   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Separately btw, I am told a lot of taxi operators over the course of the last year were actually in mutual discussions and moving a lot of their business to the Lodgy. The economics of the Innova were just pinching more and more with every hike. I heard this directly from a fleet owner who our company is using for many years. So Toyota I'm sure can't take pricing completely for granted. Ultimately they also have to be market driven and IMO, it is easier to increase prices later than start with a flawed pricing strategy that's too high.

I spoke to a few taxi owners as to why do they buy expensive innovas when they have cheaper alternatives these days. The top reason was that when the customers call, they don't ask for a 7-8 seater. They ask for INNOVA. This too is market driven.
chakri400 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 20:17   #86
Team-BHP Support

That's true. I ask for innovas too. Having said that, Innova clearly stands over other options like Enjoy, Xylo etc that some taxi guys try to palm off. The Renault however is the only 7 seater that matches Innova for comfort and in fact trumps it on its sheer ride quality. As a user of a taxi, I for one have no problems getting the Renault. As more people realise this, the market dynamic could change.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 17:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the pricing of the Crysta, it is widely mentioned that prices are expected on the upwards of Rs 20L. If it starts there, a top of the line 2.8 Diesel AT shall easily touch 25L, a shade below the current Fortuner.
Quote:
Given that TKM is talking about a very high level of localization, they should keep the prices down to continue their dream run with this model.

I have been driving one since 2005 and I can bet my life with the current one and I am definitely looking forward for the new model. While there are some niggles including no disc breaks on all four wheels, this is a welcome upgrade
The pricing will be very much in the same range as that of the Indonesian Innova. The range will be current price +~2lakhs. Toyota as set up a new engine plant for the GD series near Bangalore. The localization level would be high for the new Innova. So the ex-showroom prices are in the range of ~14lakhs to 19 lakhs for the 2.4L version and 19-21L for 2.8L version. My TKM sources say they have not seen any 2.4L auto box but it was only on 2.8L, So it would be Auto only on 2.8L and 5MT on the 2.4L. Also they do not have any plans to continue with current gen Innova.
Dhanu@DJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 17:39   #88
BHPian

I am a die-hard fan of the Innova, having used it for 7 years and was expecting the safety features to include side/curtain air-bags , which are apparently not available.

The model launched in Indonesia, seems to have them.
https://www.toyota.astra.co.id/produ...innova/#safety

Also, rear disc-brakes would have been a welcome enhancement to the safety features.

Last edited by AutoSphere : 12th February 2016 at 17:43.
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 18:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
With risk of getting brickbats, I would say we have too many fanboys on this thread who want Innova Crysta to be priced beyond INR 20 Lacs
agreed.

Price revision of 10% or even 20% seems very unlikely to me,

1. As the Indian rupee has appreciated over 10 or 15% against all major ASEAN currencies. The earlier phase of depreciation against those currencies was the primary reason the Innova got expensive in India. Now infact, the innova should get cheaper. But i suspect, they will relaunch this new model at the current price and take advantage of the improved margins.
2. The guys at Toyota will not want to keep a 100% price gap between the minivans like Ertiga etc and the MPV class like Innova. Private buyer numbers will be important for Toyota. This is because the exisitng Innova will probably continue to be produced for the indian taxi market.
3. A predominantly private market Innova cannot afford to be so costly, that its used market stops holding value.

Hence my bet is - All new model, same price. Trim levels will be GX, V and Z Only. Or maybe Q nomeclature will also be used.

G and E Trim will be the old innova and only for the taxi and govt market.

Anyways.. Toyota is probably going to get my money no matter what it does. I'm in for a 2.4D GX automatic if it will be launched. Such a model does exist for the ASEAN market

Last edited by acidkill : 12th February 2016 at 19:00.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:06   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The pricing will be very much in the same range as that of the Indonesian Innova. The range will be current price +~2lakhs.

So the ex-showroom prices are in the range of ~14lakhs to 19 lakhs for the 2.4L version and 19-21L for 2.8L version.

Also they do not have any plans to continue with current gen Innova.
That is a relief!

So the 2.4L version sees a price revision of around 3 lakhs- now it is in the 11.xx to 16.xx range. That would be very good pricing, and if Toyota meets this target, then things would appear somewhat normal, as prospective buyers shall be able to tolerate that quite easily. A larger engine + AT may easily command the 2L premium as mentioned.

And the current Innova is sure to be retired, just as Toyota refused to continue the Qualis when the Innova was launched.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks