Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 07:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Quality is much better than the current Innova & Fortuner. Hard plastics, yet its comparable to the Altis in many areas. No cost cutting visible anywhere. Steering wheel is chunky (has tilt + telescopic adjustment). Has cruise control too. Vid6639 felt that the dash area in front of the driver is too top-heavy:
Much much much better than the early editions of Innova. Those long shifts like lorry and absolutely bland interiors. This looks more modern and if they price it similar one is actually getting more for the money.

Honestly i have seen this care do 300000 without sweating and has the best high way manners, brakes and comfort. My favorite car if your family is big
Old 4th February 2016, 07:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[center]

A quick glance at the high points. Airbags, ABS and EBD are standard on all variants:
Attachment 1469059
So no side airbags and ESC for Innova. That is sad considering that the international Q variant gets all that and more. Also the top end would most probably hit upwards of 22L OTR Bangalore.. Fortuner may too see the same fate IMO.

I so wish that Tata sort out their ASS . It would not be a bad idea to start a seperate outlet for their premium offering with focus on service. Initial reports on HEXA looks good- it sure looks leagues ahead of Innova Crysta.
Old 4th February 2016, 08:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

I like the interior more than the exterior. A little overdone as you can expect from Toyota these days, but we can't help it can we?

Chrome for the request button? That poor rear wiper is looking depressed here as thats the only thing without any chrome in this variant. LOL
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-6.jpg

Wheels with no cladding looks so terrible for a vehicle this tall. And I really wish they could have done something more about safety. The top variants are going to compete with the D segment sedans here.

Will be very interesting to see how Toyota is going to play this out. If Toyota have the guts to retire the current Innova, this one can easily get to a monthly average of 10,000 I think.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 08:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

As a long time Innova owner (pushing 2.35 Lakh kms!) this one seems to be a good upgrade.

Am I the only one who does not like the ICE console? The tilted up control panel & the gaping hole underneath are not very pleasing. The dash looks a bit overdone.

Only the 2 airbags right? I would not skimp on any safety features. Toyota should offer a full safety package at least as an option.

Is the HVAC dual zone?

No other goodies like rain-sensing wipers, auto off, auto headlights etc?

Will probably buy it. Might want to go with some kind of matte finish on some of the things!

All told, a good upgrade but not a game changer the way the Innova was over the Qualis, IMO
Old 4th February 2016, 09:50   #20
BHPian

Looking at the brochure's picture, it appears that cruise control will be available only in automatic transmission. Is my interpretation correct?

Thanks,
Ajay
Old 4th February 2016, 10:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Will be very interesting to see how Toyota is going to play this out. If Toyota have the guts to retire the current Innova, this one can easily get to a monthly average of 10,000 I think.
I strongly feel that current gen innova will continue to sell. Just like they have avanza and Innova selling side by side in Thailand.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/avanza

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/innova
Old 4th February 2016, 10:29   #22
BHPian

Finally the suspense is over and almost all doubts laid to rest. The million $ question is the price which toyota is gonna fix on this product. If the features given on the Crysta matches with the price then am sure there is going to be a stampede at Toyota showrooms. As correctly pointed by Sridhu,it misses few goodies like auto sensing rain wipers and auto headlights which i am sure will be there in the next facelift offered by Toyota. Over all a very good car. Thanks Vid and GTO.
Old 4th February 2016, 10:40   #23
BHPian

Excellent thread great pictures too!

Love the vertical rear turn indicators and the massive horizontal swept headlights look classy. With all the bells and whistles it's sure going to cost a bomb! Wonder which car model the fleet car owners will shift to once the current Innova gets replaced by this one? Cause this one will surely be a bit heavy on their pockets.

P.S- Am i the only one who feels that this car looks like a streched Toyota Prius? I mean the rear boot door and the tail light setup looks almost identical to the Prius!
Old 4th February 2016, 10:43   #24
BHPian

Guess what this is?
Attachment 1469277

What is this by the way. BHPians enlighten me
Old 4th February 2016, 10:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Compliments to GTO and Vid6639 for excellent coverage of details.

I appreciate the front styling of Innova Crysta, but expected new and better styling in the rear. Look at the rear portion (after the second row) from the side. The tail lamps are projecting out of the bodyline. IMO, removing that spoiler and adding tower type non-protruding tail lamps would have made that rear look better.
Old 4th February 2016, 10:57   #26
BHPian

Srivatsahg that is headrest for the middle row seats. Just like Volvo XC90, Toyota has provided space to put the headrest on both the sides of the rear seat.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:14   #27
BHPian

All in all, Innova hasn't lost its typical egg shape, all external changes look more cosmetic to me. While some are not to my liking, there is a sea change in the interior for sure and its a welcome change.

All new engine 2.4 or 2.8 should breath in fresh air in the performance department for sure. Old Innova with 5 gears felt out of breath on the highways and the need for a 6th gear as well. I hope they continue to provide the bullet proof performance as well.

There is no mention of the brakes. They have to be disc for all wheels in this new generation. One of the grouse against the old one - poor braking.

The pricing I hope will be in the sub 24 lac range for the top end 2.8L
Old 4th February 2016, 11:24   #28
BHPian

Thanks guys for the comprehensive coverage. I am sure this is even better than going to the Expo in person and viewing all the cars. The details and insights in every Auto Expo thread is truly outstanding. Coming to the car, it seems to be a real upgrade over the current gen and I am sure that many long term owners will be lining up to buy this one. Let us see how this will be priced
Old 4th February 2016, 11:29   #29
BHPian

Guys any pics of the drl in action?GTO can you shed some light on the audio system too?
Old 4th February 2016, 12:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Now that's a new benchmark for auto show coverages! All international auto mags and TV shows, please learn from T-Bhp! Our coverage here is better than most reviews that these folks do! Hats off to t-bhp!

Coming back to the new Innova, good job by Toyota, but hope they don't end up pricing it very high, but in any case there is just no competition at the moment so it's a seller's market!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks