Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 20:20   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys control your emotions. 25L pricing for the new innova is just plain ridiculous speculation and a very poor one at that. Toyota has always priced the Innova a bit more than the rest but never priced it out of the competition. At best there will be a price adjustment of around a lac over the current models.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:38   #62
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys control your emotions. 25L pricing for the new innova is just plain ridiculous speculation and a very poor one at that. Toyota has always priced the Innova a bit more than the rest but never priced it out of the competition. At best there will be a price adjustment of around a lac over the current models.
Toyota's recent moves with Fortuner and specially Camry does not evoke much confidence , I'm afraid. For example, the current top-end Innova almost touches 20 lakhs, on road in Hyderabad. A 20% bump up in price is well within the realms of possibility, and voila ! You are looking at 24 L.

Let's see how it pans out, but its not going to be cheap for sure. But given Innova's brand equity, it will probably still sell.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 23:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

I think they need to reduce current Innova price when they launch Crysta. Crysta should be priced marginally higher than the current Innova price. Otherwise it is going to bomb for sure.

Overall vehicle size and that tiny tyres looks funny.

Last edited by Latheesh : 5th February 2016 at 23:30.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 00:04   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Toyota's recent moves with Fortuner and specially Camry does not evoke much confidence , I'm afraid. For example, the current top-end Innova almost touches 20 lakhs, on road in Hyderabad. A 20% bump up in price is well within the realms of possibility, and voila ! You are looking at 24 L.
Let's not quote on road prices as it becomes difficult to discuss due to the large variation amongst different states. At best the top end model of the new car would touch 22L approx according to me. The fortuner ACS endeavor are closer to 30L. Moreover there is no similarity between the two vehicles. Fortuner and endeavor can never match innova on its strengths and vice versa. I doubt anyone buying the innova will look seriously at the larger SUVs.
Old 6th February 2016, 14:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
From my birdie's source Innova will be launched by TKM in April/May and deliveries will start in June.

Expect 22 lakh OTR for top end Automatic in most places.

Regards.
Hi there Mr. Optimist. Looking at the price trends.. am assuming the bread and butter GX model (in manual) to be about 18 L OTR? Can you cross check ?
Old 6th February 2016, 14:36   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Negatives:

This isn't a negative point (at this point in time) but I have a feeling the engine would be tuned more for longevity than performance. Again, I'm prepared to be surprised.
Probably for longevity. But on paper the specs don't sound like that. There were 2 engine options on display. A 2.4 and a 2.8. The 2.4L engine is 149BHP and the 2.8L with the 6 speed AT is 174BHP.

On paper these are like class leading figures.

Quote:
Absolutely gutted about the 5 speed gearbox. Perhaps due to the point mentioned above? Why not a choice of a 6 speeder MT? I have a feeling the tuning will be akin to the current Innova (read short gearing) - the Achilles heel of the present Innova. Wish to be proved wrong though but the lack of 6 speeder is a deal breaker for me. Never bothered about the automatic, so not a problem there.
Will wait for test drive and confirm but I was told gearing has been changed. Even though it's a 5 speed box they have specially paid attention to mileage on the highway.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 16:17   #67

That's a really detailed coverage of the new Innova. While checking out the pictures, I noticed in the picture with the driveline laid out, there is a AWD box bolted on to the AT. Was is mentioned during the EXPO that an AWD version could be on offer?
Old 6th February 2016, 17:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Hi there Mr. Optimist. Looking at the price trends.. am assuming the bread and butter GX model (in manual) to be about 18 L OTR? Can you cross check ?
My personal guess is GX 2.4 GD 5-Speed manual won't cross 18L OTR Chennai (Current OTR Chennai being 16 L - Source: Carwale).

He (my birdie) would tell me the expected price when he gets a whiff of it and I would be more than happy to share with everybody on this forum.

Some other confirmations: Traction control and VSC (ESP in Toyota's Jargon) will be offered on Top end model.

Top end production spec would also have 7 airbags as standard. They want to position this Innova Crysta as a real premium MUV.

Automatic will be offered in Top spec 2.8 GD only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_800 View Post
That's a really detailed coverage of the new Innova. While checking out the pictures, I noticed in the picture with the driveline laid out, there is a AWD box bolted on to the AT. Was is mentioned during the EXPO that an AWD version could be on offer?
Can you encircle with some photo editing software like MS Paint which AWD box you located?

I went through all the pictures again and I couldn't make out.

Regards.
mroptimist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 18:10   #69

Quote:
Can you encircle with some photo editing software like MS Paint which AWD box you located?

I went through all the pictures again and I couldn't make out.

Regards.
I am attaching the photograph of what could be an AWD Box circled in red. Note the two output flanges one towards the rear and the other towards the front.

Or could it be the Fortuner driveline?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-dsc04933.jpg  

Last edited by ampere : 6th February 2016 at 20:45. Reason: Fixed quote
JP_800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 18:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Top end production spec would also have 7 airbags as standard. They want to position this Innova Crysta as a real premium MUV.

How sure are you and your birdie on the 7 airbags part? Not doubting you, infact would love to have full safety kit but the top end model displayed at the expo doesn't seem to have more than 2 airbag.
Aren't these production versions?

Last edited by ampere : 6th February 2016 at 20:46. Reason: Fixed quoted content
Old 6th February 2016, 19:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
How sure are you and your birdie on the 7 airbags part?
Not doubting you, infact would love to have full safety kit but the top end model displayed at the expo doesn't seem to have more than 2 airbag.
Aren't these production versions?
He was damn confident about 7 airbags part. The Innova Crysta on dysplay were indeed pre-production models as production hasn't started yet.

One more evidence from GTO's 2nd post on this very thread (quoting the relevant part as proof).

Quote:
That cup-holder (to the left) had awful plastic quality. Apparently, the white sticker means its a pre-production piece. Can't these things be sorted before an exhibition? You're supposed to put your best foot forward at such events

Quote:
I am attaching the photograph of what could be an AWD Box circled in red. Note the two output flanges one towards the rear and the other towards the front.

Or could it be the Fortuner driveline?
2.8 GD is used in Fortuner, Hilux and LC Prado in 4x4 guise, so I think it must be meant for these vehicles.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 21:28   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Automatic will be offered in Top spec 2.8 GD only.

All the above news looks exciting and plausible. Cause i don't think Toyota would be willing to have only 2 airbags. The 7 airbags would come for sure i guess

But the automatic in 2.8 only is a bummer. Don't get me wrong. Never in my wild dreams i thought Toyota would put the 2.8 GD diesel and the 2.7 TR petrol in the Innova for India, especially since the Innova in its home country has only the 2.4 GD and 2.0 petrol engines.

Only relief is that in the report we could see that the auto transmission would be available in two variants. So pray that it would be in both 2.4 and 2.8 variants. Cause though the 2.8 variant, though is irresistible would be too much for the pocket.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 15:26   #73
BHPian

Innova with a 2.8L engine might turn out to be a monster on the road, given the capacity of similar models from other manufacturer.

Disc brakes on all four wheels will be a necessity!!!
Old 9th February 2016, 09:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

The first thing on seeing the new Innova was that Toyota had deliberately updated the current Innova with that longish jarring grill to get people prepared for their latest offering which does carry forward the same theme.

Given Toyota's philosophy they might really axe the current Innova completely when they start selling the new one even when there is a big shout to keep the current Innova going for the taxi market.

On the new one, it would just get plusher and costlier and one would only hope of getting a good Innova competitor at a much resonable price by another reputed manufacturer as our market seriously lacks a good people carrier at the just over 10 lakh range.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:28   #75
BHPian

This looks perfect replacement for our 9 year old Innova.

Went to local Toyota dealer and Sales guy was saying it will come around August and will be 4-5 lakh costlier then current gen. Now, I really hope he is wrong on both date and price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks