Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 13:06   #151
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Prices expected to be around 22 lacs OTR Thane for the AT variant is what I've heard not sure if it is for GX or ZX, my guess is it should be for the GX variant. The ZX i feel will top out at around 26-27 lacs OTR.

Hoping my guess and information on pricing is wrong here and the Innova is priced much better.
26-27lacs OTR for even the ZX is a very high estimate and a different territory, I am pretty certain Toyota would not like to do that specially after the launch of the new Endeavour and the upcoming launch of Fortuner which also they will have to price aggressively to compete with Endeavour. 21-22L OTR Thane for ZX AT is what I would expect them to price it at.

Even I have a 2yr old Innova VX with 50k on the odo which will be replaced by this new Innova and I expect to get between 13.5 to 14L for it and so do not mind putting in another 8lacs to get the new Innova ZX AT if priced as per my assumption.
Old 15th April 2016, 13:37   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
A first for Toyota, the current-gen Innova in G and GX trim levels will be sold alongside the new model. It is safe to expect the Innova Crysta to be priced at a premium. Bookings are likely to commence soon.
The production of the current gen Innova has already been suspended.
The production line has been retooled to accomodate this new machine.

Damn, the person who took this picture, missed the pictures of other tabs including petrol engine details.
Old 15th April 2016, 15:03   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thanks Kunaldhami, was this a single image or a link to additional pages, It appears there are additional tabs as the image only displays the 1st tab. Can you check with your sales advisor to see if the other tabs can be shared as well. That would give us a better idea of the variants and whats included.
I have asked and he has promised me to share more. I am waiting for his reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Autocar's recent report again suggests that current gen and new gen to be sold side by side.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-401308.aspx/0

A first for Toyota, the current-gen Innova in G and GX trim levels will be sold alongside the new model. It is safe to expect the Innova Crysta to be priced at a premium. Bookings are likely to commence soon.
Toyota showing their greed, They are surely going to price this new Innova quite high.
Old 15th April 2016, 15:12   #154
BHPian

I would expect the top end auto to be on par with the xuv 5 double ohh. That would be in the range of 22 lacs Otr Mumbai. Arrogant and excessive for a van yes. Will it sell ? Time will tell.
Old 15th April 2016, 18:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
26-27lacs OTR for even the ZX is a very high estimate and a different territory, I am pretty certain Toyota would not like to do that ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
Toyota showing their greed..
I am ok with Toyota increasing the price of Innova and create a huge gap between Etios and Innova, but only if they have plans to bring following vehicles in future and place between the two - Vios, Rush and Avanza
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 20:19   #156
Team-BHP Support

2.8 Ltr and 6 Speed Auto will definitely push prices up , but given the pressure due to Etios twins , I don't think they can price Z Auto more than 20-21 Lac Ex-Showroom. Apart from Innova they don't have any volume product - what will they or their dealers sell if they became too greedy. They simply can't afford, this time. Every business needs to have a basic product that takes care of volumes and brings numbers.
Old 17th April 2016, 12:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

I am going to buy the top end variant AT.

I do not think the OTR price of the top end AT variant is going to exceed 18 lacs.

The reason is simple. The last variant VX OTR was around the 16 lacs mark on road delhi.

I would add one lac for the AT option and another one lac for the extra features etc like leather seats and electric driver seats.

Anything over 18 lacs OTR delhi will be a disaster for Toyota and the Innova is the one model they just cannot get wrong.
Old 17th April 2016, 13:04   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do not think the OTR price of the top end AT variant is going to exceed 18 lacs.
looks you have not being to Toyota dealership for a while , have a look at their current Ex-Showroom pricing for Z variant , we can safely add 1 lac for AT and about 3 Lac for bigger engine + other stuff. beyond that, it will be fair to say that Toyota does not care about prices , they will still find customers if they price highest version at 24 Lac Ex - Delhi.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/pricelist/
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-screen-shot-20160417-1.00.49-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th April 2016 at 13:06.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 13:42   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

The reason is simple. The last variant VX OTR was around the 16 lacs mark on road delhi.
The current VX trim costs 19 lacs OTR in Delhi.

So how Toyota may sell the Crysta VX AT with a bigger engine and an automatic gearbox at 18L OTR I do not know.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 13:51   #160
Senior - BHPian

My bad. Last time I checked about a year back for the top end variant I was told it will cost me 16 lacs or so. That is why I presumed it to be 18 lacs.

Well in that case this is going to be a pricey affair it seems.

I will hope for the best and hope it's priced sensibly.
Old 17th April 2016, 14:09   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

I will hope for the best and hope it's priced sensibly.
Hoping and expecting sensible pricing too, as I am also in the line for a new Crysta.

What worries me is the Autocar report speculatng that the current version shall continue in G and GX variants. That would mean Toyota is looking at moving the Crysta further up the price ladder.

In typical Toyota fashion, no news at all on possible pricing scenarios from the dealer side. Sales persons also seem to be hesitant in predicting a possible price band.

Whatever, let it come.

But I sincerely hope that 2.8L AT Crysta prices would be at least 1L less than 2.2L 2WD AT Endeavor prices.

Last edited by Yeldo : 17th April 2016 at 14:10.
Old 17th April 2016, 14:16   #162
BHPian

Hoping for sensible pricing by toyota. The gx automatic is attractive for me.
Old 17th April 2016, 22:35   #163
BHPian

The Innova Crysta is one of the most anticipated car launches over the last one year and Toyota knows it. So in the absence of the current version, I guess the pricing of the Crysta will have to address various price points and I think Toyota would take care of it - because I am sure they don't want to lose the numbers they have been making.

I had the Innova for about 7 years and, IMHO, it used to be one of the best VFM vehicle.
Old 17th April 2016, 22:46   #164

Toyota Innova 2015 vs Toyota Innova 2016

Dear all,

My name is Majo and I’m a huge fan of Team-BHP as it’s the first resource for any automotive information.

This is my first post in Team-BHP and I'm writing this to inform you about some interesting findings on new Toyota Innova 2016 Model.

Currently I’m residing in Qatar and I own a 2014 Toyota Innova Z model back home in Kerala (Attached is the image of my car being received by my parents).

Last week, 2016 Model Toyota Innova was launched in Qatar and I was very eager to visit the showroom and find out the differences with my existing Model. I’m not an expert as you but can clearly identify the things with my passion towards automotive.

The main scoop is that the 2016 Toyota Innova is 28 Centimeter shorter in internal length compared with 2014 model which makes last two rows cramped when travelling with 7 or 8 people. I’m attaching the internal dimensions of this two cars from the detailed catalogues I have.

The new Innova is very good in quality of materials used which is same as the Camry GLX model which my wife owns here in Qatar. 2016 Innova is very attractive from the front and here I’m not comparing the performance of engine.

When compared with the seating and driving position comfort of new Innova with my one, I really find some design issues.

1) The driver side door pad is good to look but lacks the practicality. When trying to open the door with your hand resting on the door, you have to really bend it.
2) As the seat have side support height adjusting long lever, it’s hard to get out without hurting your thighs.
3) The centre storage tray where you leave your hand has a protruding part which really hurts your hand.
4) The driver side window line is raised and hence you leave your hand in a high angled position.
5) When set the driver seat to my position (170Cms Height), the middle row has two fingers and last row has only 1 finger space between the seat in front.
6) Like the same setup the new model Innova’s boot space was smaller than my one.
I hope this will be of good information to potential buyers.

Thanks for reading this.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-my-innova-2014.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2016.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2016-.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2014-dia.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2016-dia.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2014-innova-internal-space.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2016-innova.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-2014-innova.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-awkward-door-opening.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-lack-cusion.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-raised-window.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-seat-edge.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-egress-problem.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-egress.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-middle-row.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-rear-seat.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-boot-space.jpg  

majopjose is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 23:06   #165
BANNED

Crysta launch is planned on May 3rd, and Honda BR-V is planned on May 5th. If Toyota discontinues current innova and prices crysta way too high, br-v can cash-in on that, imo. Being a 7-seater, br-v can serve those private buyers who were looking for a 7-seater from the toyota/honda stable. Mobilio was a no-go for many, but br-v has more character to it.

In Indonesia, br-v is enjoying its success, toppling down many earlier front-runners.

That means, Toyota needs to be very careful in pricing crysta. They can't expect the qualis/innova story with crysta, if it is priced way too higher than the current one. Hope common sense prevails for Toyota. They should keep in mind that they have the fortuner to fight in the higher segment.

Or, toyota should bring the avanza in the lower segment at the earliest.

Imo, the following line-up will enable toyota to cement their supremacy in the muv market.

Avanza in the 6-9L segment
Current innova in the 10-14L segment
Crysta in the 15-20L segment
Fortuner in the 20+ segment

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th April 2016 at 23:35.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks