Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:44   #301
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Got a call from Harsha Toyota, Kathipara about 2 days back inviting us for the Crysta launch today, maybe it's just available for display today, will be going in the afternoon.

But still there's confusion regarding the launch date anyway watch out for my post.
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:27   #302
GTO
Team-BHP Support

AFAIK, the Innova Crysta's launch is in the 2nd week of May (think it's the 13th).
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:10   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Motoroids team have come out with a really comprehensive review of the Innova Crysta, together with a huge & detailed photo gallery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Toyota is not launching AT version with 2,4 engine
Curiously one of the earlier news (not sure if it was a brochure page) was that the ZX variant only being available with the 2.8 AT whereas the Motoroids pictures clearly show a 2.4 ZX. I wonder what's the real deal and spread of variants!

Dear Turbanator,

Could you please elaborate on some of the features of the GX 2.8 AT if possible?
  • Does it get the projector Headlamps?
  • Alloys?
  • Climate Control AC (I have assumed rear AC to be standard)?
  • Touchscreen HU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AFAIK, the Innova Crysta's launch is in the 2nd week of May (think it's the 13th).
Poor way to handle the launch IMHO. Even if the launch is on 13th shouldn't they have sent invites to their launch even by now? I wonder now where all the news / rumors about a launch on May 02/03, 2016 have come from!

I have been told that the car will be unveiled at the Thane Showroom today. Test drives in the following days. Will check out the car on Saturday with my neighbor who has also booked it.

Last edited by miharbe : 2nd May 2016 at 14:13.
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:33   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Display vehicles are at Shinrai Totota Worli as of today. A silver GX manual and a ZX A/T. They've even started TDs at worli sea face.

I again say this having seen the cars first hand.
ZX A/T not coming with bench seats is a bummer. The GX A/T may not be acceptable to all as a variant.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462179688.872698.jpgToyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462179704.840570.jpg
Axe77 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:38   #305
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Here is the brochure of the Toyota Innova Crysta, which is scheduled to be launched in the coming days. The document gives us a glimpse into the specifications of the car and the features that will be offered.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0686.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0688.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0687.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2016 at 14:53.
Aditya is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:47   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Here is the brochure of the Toyota Innova Crysta, which is scheduled to be launched in the coming days. The document gives us a glimpse into the specifications of the car and the features that will be offered.

Attachment 1502614

Attachment 1502615

Attachment 1502616Link to Team-BHP News Article

These are now being freely distributed at the Toyota showroom to anyone who walks in with an inquiry.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:05   #307
BHPian

Thanks a lot Aditya and team bhp fan for posting the brochure.I was hoping for someone to post the brochure as I can not go to the Toyota showroom ..The main feature differences i see between the Vx and Zx manual variants are leather seats,navigation ,puddle lamps and a bit of more wood inserts.Also the Vx variant does not have easy passenger slide? What is it exactly? My dad has already booked a bronze gold Vx model in Chandigarh and the people from toyota called him to confirm the car color and variant.

Thanks in advance
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
The main feature differences i see between the Vx and Zx manual variants are leather seats,navigation ,puddle lamps and a bit of more wood inserts.Also the Vx variant does not have easy passenger slide? What is it exactly?
Easy Passenger Slide would probably be the lever to adjust the front seat from being in the middle row. I think VW Vento had it with a lever to the side of the seat.

Most front passenger seats are pushed all the way to the front when the car is used for chauffeuring passengers, so won't be a big miss IMHO.

VX seems good enough if leather seats, navigation and puddle lamps are what is the differentiation between the variants.

Now waiting for the all important price tag.

Edit: Seems like VX loses out on Speed sensing door lock, Hill Starts, VSC as well.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 2nd May 2016 at 15:41.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:51   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Easy Passenger Slide would probably be the lever to adjust the front seat from being in the middle row. I think VW Vento had it with a lever to the side of the seat.
Yes true it also looses on electrically adjustable driver seats . My dad is buying the car for being driven around so these features would not matter much.I think we are making the right choice by choosing the Vx trim..Does anybody has the price information?
Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2016 at 16:06. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:11   #310
Team-BHP Support

Took a quick TD at Worli Sea Face of the A/T as well as the M/T. Overall really good feeling. Its certainly powerful enough in both avatars although the MT felt distinctly peppier to drive than the AT. I almost enjoyed driving the Manual more than the A/T (that's saying a lot for someone who owns 3 A/T cars).

The car is now very plush. Dealers were non committal on price although one sales lady suggested ZX A/T might be around 23L on road (Bbay). Personally I was pleasantly surprised at that number. Given the outgoing top of line manual retails at about 20.60 L, 23 L for all new version with A/T to boot seemed conservative pricing to me. Next few days will tell all I guess on pricing specifics.

Personally, I think if the top of the line retails at 23L, it puts good pressure on pricing of the XUV AT as well as the Creta AT. When it comes to Diesel AT S/MUVs, I'd only buy XUV if I MUST have AWD. I'd only buy the Creta if the smaller footprint is a MUST have or the stretch to Crysta price is impossible. The extra 6 odd lakhs for the Innova give you more than your 6L worth over the Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Poor way to handle the launch IMHO. Even if the launch is on 13th shouldn't they have sent invites to their launch even by now? I wonder now where all the news / rumors about a launch on May 02/03, 2016 have come from!

I have been told that the car will be unveiled at the Thane Showroom today. Test drives in the following days. Will check out the car on Saturday with my neighbor who has also booked it.
Hi,

Sorry for the repeat posts but I just noticed your comment above.

Actually to be fair, I got an SMS from Shinrai late last week (I must have previously made an inquiry about the new Innova), stating that the car will be launched on 2nd May. When I called on Fri & Sat to inquire, I was consistently told that the display vehicle will be in the showroom on Monday 3rd and true to their information, it was there, both in MT & AT guise. To add, they're immediately offering proper TDs (I got a full loop of WSF) of both variants to even walk in customers like me on day one. I'd actually say the launch is very well managed. Prior intimation of launch - check, correct telephone response to availability - check, immediate TD despite no prior appointment and no undue bureaucracy - check. What more can one ask for.

Contrast that with Hyundai where for the last 6 months of inquiry, the south mumbai (Worli as well as 7 Rasta - mostly Worli though) dealers have consistently maintained that they simply do not have an AT Creta to offer for TD - nor have they made any attempts to somehow provide me a TD despite my repeat inquiries. I'd say for a successful mainstream brand with a high volume product, that's extremely poor showing. Lena hai to leh lo attitude. TD nahin ho sakta. The "more helpful" salespersons on the odd occasion offered a Creta MT TD.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd May 2016 at 19:40. Reason: Posts merged.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:40   #311
BHPian

I went to check Innova crysta today & Test drove the ZX MT for very short time. I am really impressed with the car overall. I have been told that pricing will be available in couple of days.

If price is good I am all set to buy GX/VX 8 seater version.

Talking about space, seating space is reduced for sure compared to my older gen Innova & This is deal breaker for many. Seat Height is also increased so you will see those aftermarket foot steps on many new Innovas.

Attached is the spec sheet I found there and clicked with my crappy phone camera.

Has anyone who drove Innova Crysta found First gear difficult to engage?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160502_131625.jpg  

Last edited by kunaldhami : 2nd May 2016 at 16:42.
kunaldhami is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:46   #312
BHPian

Autocar reports that the Innova Crysta is now launched.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-401629.aspx

Prices reportedly begin at 13.84 lakh and go up to Rs 20.78 lakh.

Last edited by Yeldo : 2nd May 2016 at 16:49.
Yeldo is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:47   #313
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...form=hootsuite

>>>
The new Toyota Innova Crysta has just been launched at a starting price of Rs 13.84 lakh for the base trim and going up to Rs 20.78 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai). That is a price difference of Rs 4.20 lakh when comparing the old and new top ends
<<<
I guess on-road price going to be 25L for top end in Hyderabad. The vehicle is on display at Kothaguda/Hyderabad showroom, if anyone interested.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2016 at 19:00. Reason: Quote added
niv26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:12   #314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Autocar reports that the Innova Crysta is now launched.

Prices reportedly begin at 13.84 lakh and go up to Rs 20.78 lakh.
Base price almost same as that of existing model? Fantastic pricing then. They can always charge a premium for the additional features in the top end variants.

Or, am I missing something here?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd May 2016 at 17:22.
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:33   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Base price almost same as that of existing model? Fantastic pricing then. They can always charge a premium for the additional features in the top end variants.
I agree. And unlike the previous model, the base variants are well equipped with features that matter to the private buyer ( ABS, dual airbags etc ) so they aren't out and out taxi variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks