Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:07   #376
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Is there any final word from Toyota on whether the older Innova has been discontinued? Or will it continue to be sold to the Taxi market?
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:28   #377
Senior - BHPian

1. Pricing for the GX variant at around 17 Lakh On road Bangalore seems to be just about okay. (Considering the big power and equipment jump).
The only fly in this otherwise smooth ointment, is the lack of a music system in a 17 Lakh rupee car!

2. VX variants would be around 20.5 Lakhs On-road. Expensive, but they come with plenty of kit!

3. Looking at the pricing of GX AT (Even though it is loaded to the gills and has Huge power on demand), the Camry is looking good value for money.

4. I can only wonder now, how much higher the new Fortuner will be priced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Is there any final word from Toyota on whether the older Innova has been discontinued? Or will it continue to be sold to the Taxi market?
The older innova is already discontinued. There were pictures of this discontinuation ceremony in the production line on the internet.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:39   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
I am not happy that they have omitted a 6-speed manual. The fuel economy of 15.1km/l could have easily been increased with an inclusion of the 6 speed. That said, they are mentioning an all new 5 Speed. Other than the reduction of the vibration, what's exactly new? Is the ratios better? More smoother?

On another note, how is it even justifiable to pay 24 lakhs for Innova??? That's insane and why no auto on the 2.4? Why enforce a larger engine for the auto buyers. I feel its a bit muddled.
Watch from 3:46, you can make a smoothie, if you keep it on the gear lever.

Is it justifiable to pay 24 lakhs for an Innova?

Lets break down, eh, for 24 lakhs you get

2.8 liter 170 PS engine with 6 speed auto.
7 airbags, VSC, Hill climb assist, Cruise control.
Better interior with leather seats.

For that price we are comparing to the likes of Skoda Octavia, VW Jetta et al. The plastic quality, I believe it won't match to those cars, anyway lets wait for the official Team-bhp review for in depth analysis.

If we take away the Toyota's greed, say, 2.5 lakhs, we still end up with a car costing above 20 lakhs on road.

Last edited by ecenandu : 3rd May 2016 at 12:42.
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:44   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
1. Pricing for the GX variant at around 17 Lakh On road Bangalore seems to be just about okay.
No dude cheapest GX variant ( 7 seater MT ) is around 15.2 Lakh ex-showroom Bangalore implying an on road price in Bangalore should be in the range of 18.5L
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:55   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

I am disappointed there is no petrol version out yet. Every review has complained of the diesel engine being noisey, this would have been tackled easily by the Petrol engine. Atleast more than a handful top end buyers of top end AT variant would prefer a petrol engine as not everyone has extensive highway usage. A petrol would be a preferred choice if your usage is primarily in the city and that is the case for several urban/metro city Innova buyers.

Do we have any insider news on the petrol engine being launched? They ought to do so to tackle the NCR diesel ban.

While I am overall pretty impressed with the car and would consider replacing my Fortuner for it. However, I think the pricing could have been a little better considering I paid the exact same ex-showroom price for my Fortuner 4x4 six years ago as I would today for the top end AT innova crysta. Although, am most pleased that they have offering 7 airbags,nice upmarket tan brown leather interiors with great features which my Fortuner lacks big time!

Also, is the white pearl crystal shine color shade the same as they offered on the Fortuner for sometime? That color made it looks like a white car got jaundice.
The best pearl white colors shade is on the BMW 7 series followed by the Maruti Baleno, they do not have much of the yellowish tinge like the Toyota shade.

Last edited by Sahil : 3rd May 2016 at 13:01.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:16   #381
BHPian

Autocar compares Old Innova with the Innova Crysta

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-0_0_0_http172.17.115.18082newsinfo.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-401607.aspx/1

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd May 2016 at 17:59. Reason: Please insure watermarks remain intact when taking pictures from another site. Thanks.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:41   #382
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta v/s Renault Lodgy - Comparative Review

Old 3rd May 2016, 15:01   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Black colour has always been available on the Innova. It was taken off the color choice with the introduction of the 1st refreshed Innova in 2009 but I have seen even the '14-'15 Innovas in black colour. Black colour is made to order for the Innova, they usually produce it only when they get a fleet order from a hotel chain or cab agency. At least a minimum of 10 units applies ( I remember hearing this from the sales executive when we were purchasing our car). As it doesn't make sense to mix paint for just 1 unit for a mass produced vehicle.

Also this time they've gone with full black interiors and a black car with those interiors would be a very HOT experience in our country. This is the reason they've given a lighter tan colour for the leather seats in the ZX.
I know and I have been miffed about it all throughout as to why will toyota not oofer black as an option for individual buyers, it could easily be a deal breaker for me. All our cars at home have been black almost always except for the Innova's which we have owned 3 generations of only the first one was black and the rest 2 we had to manage with grey because they discontinued black. I was very happy that this time Black seemed available as most videos showed a black colour ZX which I was planing to book and it would have looked very good with the Tan interior. Atleast they could have offered a black in the top end which has tan interiors.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:22   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am disappointed there is no petrol version out yet. Every review has complained of the diesel engine being noisey, this would have been tackled easily by the Petrol engine. Atleast more than a handful top end buyers of top end AT variant would prefer a petrol engine as not everyone has extensive highway usage. A petrol would be a preferred choice if your usage is primarily in the city and that is the case for several urban/metro city Innova buyers.

Do we have any insider news on the petrol engine being launched? They ought to do so to tackle the NCR diesel ban.
I got to know from my dealer that Petrol will be launched be end June/early July
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:43   #385
Senior - BHPian

Always wondered why they couldn't just integrate a VNT to the current engine & keep selling at the same price. But that would've been an insincere half hearted job.

Anyway, I appreciate they've not skimped on the knee airbag on even the base variant (Rs.2.5L more for 3 airbags and the new engine [extra power & mileage], surely doesn't count for zilch). Apparently it's MUCH safer as per ratings & then there's the extended length & breath.

What seems like Toyota's greed to us, may seem to be consideration to the 2x life cycle as compared to the competition. And the market didnt have any options for a powerful yet super-reliable Automatic MUV below 20L OTR.

Cutting 6 seconds in 0-100kmph & 8 seconds in 20-100kmph is quite a leap for the platform. The 17" tyres are definitely justified. NB : Tyre cost is going to pinch every 40k kms.

Disappointments also include why no 6-speed MT gearbox & why they didn't develop a different suspension setup for India (with 200mm GC). Would the dynamics be affected TOO much ? Also, they chose to offer Alloy wheels over VSC !

Let's think of it this way, considering everything (the 'superior product' itself, the brand, reliability, service experience etc), would one pay, say ~2L, premium for a base Toyota Crysta over a Tata Hexa ( variant that may have 3 airbags) ?

Anyway, Toyota has carved it's cave into a lounge. It'll be interesting to se if the others react in a price war (unhealthy competition IMO), or on better product & long term service commitment.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 3rd May 2016 at 15:57.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:46   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Watch from 3:46, you can make a smoothie, if you keep it on the gear lever.

Is it justifiable to pay 24 lakhs for an Innova?

Lets break down, eh, for 24 lakhs you get

2.8 liter 170 PS engine with 6 speed auto.
7 airbags, VSC, Hill climb assist, Cruise control.
Better interior with leather seats.

For that price we are comparing to the likes of Skoda Octavia, VW Jetta et al. The plastic quality, I believe it won't match to those cars, anyway lets wait for the official Team-bhp review for in depth analysis.

If we take away the Toyota's greed, say, 2.5 lakhs, we still end up with a car costing above 20 lakhs on road.
WOW! so much for the all new 5-speed :P

On another note, all the options you pay for the 24+ lakh car is available here for 18.5lakhs ( in Gulf). The flip side is we have a fully imported vehicle, whereas the Indian version is supposedly with 98% localization. Thus my argument that the overall price should be much less than 20lakhs. They are simply over the top with the pricing, IMO.

A 2.4 Auto would have been a much nicer option if u ask me.

Btwn, will they launch the petrol version anytime soon? If so at what price do you think they will slot it in?
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:05   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If so at what price do you think they will slot it in?
1.25 to 1.5 Lakhs lower than its diesel siblings.

Do you have to pay road tax in Dubai? If not, then 24 lakh car will become 21 lakh car.

Last edited by ecenandu : 3rd May 2016 at 16:06.
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:28   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
It's removed from their website. I think it's goodbye to the old car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am disappointed there is no petrol version out yet.

Atleast more than a handful top end buyers of top end AT variant would prefer a petrol engine as not everyone has extensive highway usage
The car has got heavier, the petrol engine hasn't improved. So, no point selling the petrol immediately.

Honestly, nobody is going to buy a petrol unless forced to. (Situation in Delhi)

If you want a quiet petrol, buy a corolla. If you can stretch, buy the Endeavour.

Quote:

Some leak indicated a nov'16 launch.

Quote:

A 2.4 Auto would have been a much nicer option if u ask me.
A 2.4 Auto on the GX and VX would have made more sense. Keep the premium engine for the ZX only.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:09   #389
BANNED

Hello Fellow members want to add my little opinion to the ongoing hot discussion. Went to see the new innova at the Toyota dealership today. They had the Gx,VX and Zx variants at the display. The Vx MT is the one if one wants a nice interior with manual transmission otherwise the interior for Gx is too bland. Saw Gx Auto 2.8 but it was too bland looking inside for the price Toyota claims. Attaching the picture from inside. Test drive would start in my city from 6th May as per the sales guy. Must say the new innova crysta looks much nicer and bigger than the current model.The 2.8 Diesel mill felt loud outside but cannot say about inside NVH when they started the Gx AT variant for parking purpose at the dealership. And sorry for the quality of the pics and angle as was in a bit of hurry so could not manage full view angles.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160503_115739.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160503_115802.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160503_120022.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160503_120033.jpg  

Last edited by honey_starhoney : 3rd May 2016 at 18:11.
honey_starhoney is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:17   #390
Senior - BHPian

Is that a dash board 18.5 Lakhs Rupee car?. Some of the commercial vehicles have better looking dashboard than that!
Latheesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed