Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 14:36   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The seat squabs are not cheap. It would be surprising if the whole thing is possible within 20K, subject to the captain seats taken as exchange (which I highly doubt). For Toyota's capabilities, having another variant in VX and ZX with bench seats is easy, but for reasons best known to them they are not willing give that option.

PS: Its not just the seats, you will get the seat belt assemblies too which will add to the cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Is this possible? Also, does this in any way violate any warranty clauses?
If this is possible then this is going to help many many people in reaching a decision. Also, are you sure that this option would cost just 20k?

Last but not the least, does this change interfere with any other safety feature of the car like airbags?
Folks: both the idea & cost are coming from me! So take everything with as much salt as you need.

THe difference between the 8 str version & 7 seater middle row seat is 5k for identical models. The seat itself, then, should be around 10-12k, iMO. I was budgeting 8-10k for leather for the one seat, considering I paid 50k for the entire car for pure leather. The Zx has only touch leather. So should be considerably cheaper. I am ok with upto 25k for this.

Will ask them specifically, when I go there to book.

The side curtain airbags for the middle row deploy from the frame & not from the seat like in XUV. So, probably no air bag issue.

see: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-airbags.jpeg

The 3 point seat belt anchoring for the middle seat is certainly an issue but acceptable for my use case. I am assuming that the all other anchoring hardware is built into the seat.

Last edited by sridhu : 11th May 2016 at 14:39.
Old 11th May 2016, 14:38   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Yes, the Toyota Sales Experience is not what I imagined it would be; I guess the brand name premium is only for reliability. In a use case at a personal level at Pioneer Toyota Chandigarh, they didn't give me the official receipt until 8 days after paying the booking amount. All they've said is that the vehicle would be delivered in the next 4 months. I found the Sales person and his senior colleague unprofessional, and ideally want to cancel the booking because of the treatment meted out to me; however, the calmer self tells me that I shouldn't forgo a vehicle because of the sales people or the dealership attitude.

It's sad, though, that professionalism and integrity don't come bundled with a vehicle costing in excess of INR 23 lacs OTR.
Oh, that is really bad.

My experiences with the dealership has been the opposite. The sales staff were really courteous personally and also over phone, whatsapp. They gave the receipt immediately and now we have to go to the showroom to change the booking from VX to ZX, officially, which I am told is just formal paper work.

They also got an Innova ZX in pearl white, so we can see the colour in person. Last time, we saw the same colour on a different car. I believe white car with black interior will go well together. I will also like to give it a de-chrome treatment.

The dealership, Nippon Toyota has got a good reputation, here. I am saying this because of our experience we had when we booked and eventually cancelled the purchase of Corolla in 2009 for my uncle, booked and got delivery of two Liva in 2010 and 2012 for my cousins.

So far, they have dealt with us very professionally in both the sales and ASS.

Last edited by ecenandu : 11th May 2016 at 14:46. Reason: typo
Old 11th May 2016, 20:08   #573
BHPian

Checked out the car last Saturday. Also had a small TD with the wife and kids of the GX AT. Unfortunately none of the display and TD cars had a 8 seater configuration hence couldn't check that out. Finalized the Bronze GX AT 8 seater which I had earlier requested my Salesperson to block. Next door neighbor is buying silver hence dropped that. Dad, wife and sister were leaning towards the Garnet Red but I feel it will become very dull after a while.

I was all set to get delivery on May 13 however last minute the loan guys (Toyota Finance) played spoilsport. They said they'll give 100% ex showroom finance only and only if I foreclose my current loan. While I am in the process of selling my current ride and foreclosing the loan, to get the right price is taking some time. Apparently the market is flooded with used Innovas as per used car dealers. My whole calculations would go for a toss if I have to pay the 10% amount for 90% financing which they're ok to release. Don't understand what the fuss is about. Hence delivery now has been pushed by a few days. Plus me being in Pune, family and car in Mumbai is hampering efforts for selling it off as there's only so much that can be done over phone. Luckily the moment I initiate the foreclosure process I can expect delivery on temp plates thanks to the awesome Salesperson.

I am getting offered 11.11l from one dealer and 11l from Toyota for my current Innova (GX 8 seater, July 2014, 25000 kms done). Any idea what should be a fair price. One dealer quoted 11.75l and then backed out. Most offers are around 11l after lots of pushing. I have posted on the Used car price thread but haven't got any response yet. I would ideally have loved to keep her for longer but finances don't permit. Plus ever since the move to Pune I have been relying on BlaBlaCar for intercity runs and company transport for home to office and haven't felt the need for a second car. Needed an AT for dad who is 57!
Old 11th May 2016, 20:19   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Checked out the car last Saturday. Also had a small TD with the wife and kids of the GX AT. Unfortunately none of the display and TD cars had a 8 seater configuration hence couldn't check that out. Finalized the Bronze GX AT 8 seater which I had earlier requested my Salesperson to block. Next door neighbor is buying silver hence dropped that. Dad, wife and sister were leaning towards the Garnet Red but I feel it will become very dull after a while.

I was all set to get delivery on May 13 however last minute the loan guys (Toyota Finance) played spoilsport. They said they'll give 100% ex showroom finance only and only if I foreclose my current loan. While I am in the process of selling my current ride and foreclosing the loan, to get the right price is taking some time. Apparently the market is flooded with used Innovas as per used car dealers. My whole calculations would go for a toss if I have to pay the 10% amount for 90% financing which they're ok to release. Don't understand what the fuss is about. Hence delivery now has been pushed by a few days. Plus me being in Pune, family and car in Mumbai is hampering efforts for selling it off as there's only so much that can be done over phone. Luckily the moment I initiate the foreclosure process I can expect delivery on temp plates thanks to the awesome Salesperson.

I am getting offered 11.11l from one dealer and 11l from Toyota for my current Innova (GX 8 seater, July 2014, 25000 kms done). Any idea what should be a fair price. One dealer quoted 11.75l and then backed out. Most offers are around 11l after lots of pushing. I have posted on the Used car price thread but haven't got any response yet. I would ideally have loved to keep her for longer but finances don't permit. Plus ever since the move to Pune I have been relying on BlaBlaCar for intercity runs and company transport for home to office and haven't felt the need for a second car. Needed an AT for dad who is 57!
I am assuming your neighbour booked the Bronze GX AT 8 seater which you are now taking since he has switched to silver? If so when did he book the bronze car? I booked on Wednesday 4th and still don't have a clue when i will get my car?
Old 11th May 2016, 20:25   #575
AWD
BHPian

Im trying to choose between Silver & Bronze. Those who have seen Bronze, how's it ? I liked the previous Silky Gold but feel Bronze is a bit darker. Also about the hum while changing to 2 or 3rd in the Automatic, I think Toyota will rectify that with changes in the ECU.
Old 11th May 2016, 20:28   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I am assuming your neighbour booked the Bronze GX AT 8 seater which you are now taking since he has switched to silver? If so when did he book the bronze car? I booked on Wednesday 4th and still don't have a clue when i will get my car?
No! He booked silver all along. I was the one dilly-dallying and undecided. Silver probably will be too common hence chose the bronze. Both of us had booked in April. Not sure of the exact date but around mid April. Pretty sure we were amongst the first few bookings to be made at that dealership. It's why we're getting the car in the first lot. Where have you booked? Do let me know if you need my dealer contact.
Old 11th May 2016, 21:24   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
No! He booked silver all along. I was the one dilly-dallying and undecided. Silver probably will be too common hence chose the bronze. Both of us had booked in April. Not sure of the exact date but around mid April. Pretty sure we were amongst the first few bookings to be made at that dealership. It's why we're getting the car in the first lot. Where have you booked? Do let me know if you need my dealer contact.
Thanks for the low down. I booked with Madhuban at their khar showroom. Would be nice to know when to expect delivery and or allotment. As i see dates ranging from 2 to 6 months posted by users on the social web. Can you check with your dealer for status on when one can expect to get a GX Auto 8 seater if booked on 4th May...would useful to get some idea from your guy! thx

Oh and Congratulations on the impending delivery, would be nice to see pics and drive impressions on GX since the tires are 16 higher profile than the 17inch set up I got to TD at Madhuban (they only have top end TD cars). I suspect the GX will ride even better on our roads, softer ride because of more tire and less rim. A GX AT 8 seater review from you would be nice for us in the minority camp of GX 8 seater AT's . Plus would love to get heads up on how that bronze looks on a GX

Also its unclear if the GX 8 seater middle row bench gets a centre arm rest, any clue?

What ICE are you considering? I am leaning towards simple entry level touch screen Pioneer AVH 289bt @ Rs.15300 I believe. Will just stick to factory door speakers complemented with a good subwoofer and a good amp, as this setup worked well for me on my last innova = Factory door speaker were good enough when complimented with a good sub and amp. Would be useful to exchange notes on ICE.

I am thinking of going for the ART leather seats offered as a median option by Toyota, any views, pics and or details shared with you? Was told it would cost 16K odd. Also other accessories list if you have
thanks

Last edited by canonball : 11th May 2016 at 21:41.
Old 12th May 2016, 02:46   #578
Senior - BHPian

Damn, with fancy number registration, we will be spending almost 24 lakhs INR for the Innova.

It is expensive.

Now, with this pricing, Innova has encroached in to the D-segment. That led me to dig deep into the spec sheet of the D-segment cars to see what we are going to miss, given we skip these cars and go for the innova.

The answer is a LOT.

Its only the ZX trim which has goodies comparable to the D segment cars. The safety features in VX, GX trim is not that great, just airbag and ABS.

Features missing in Innova compared to D segment cars.

Auto dimming, heated IRVM and ORVM.
Ventilated seats.
Sunroof.
Cornering/adaptive, automatic headlamps.
Xenon projectors.
Rain sensing wipers.
Pretensioner seat belt.
etc.

For people who prefer to be chauffeured around or wants to seat more than 5 people, Innova make perfect sense. I don't see any enthusiast who doesn't need the extra seats on offer in Innova buying it over the D segment cars.

Its only the price of the innova that has encroached into the D segment territory. Equipments on offer and quality of the interior has not reached up to the Germans or the Czech.

Given the innova is expensive now, it will be interesting to see the sales chart of the same in coming months. Innova's persona of reliability and good resale value made my dad to spend 6 lakhs over our initial budget of 18 lakhs.
The question is, will it continue to make more people spend over 2 million INR for an MPV, only time will tell.

My prediction is the current pricing is going to stay and not increase like what we have experienced with the last generation Innova.

BTW, if I was in my dad's position I would have gone for the Skoda 1.8 TSI AT style plus.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 07:34   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Congratulations! Do you know if certain cities get higher vehicle quotas? The waiting period here is 3-4 months.

Congratulations! Needless to say, your fellow readers here expect a detailed scoop on ownership experience soon. Did you have to pull any strings to get a quicker delivery or are the wait times contingent on color and city?

Check with the local dealer here, no dough :-( They outright refused to entertain the idea.

May I ask the source of this information?

Not sure about that. Official launch is about to be done in a few days. Car was unveiled at the showroom. We booked the vehicle when Toyota announced the new innova and accepted the bookings a few months ago.
HOTROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 09:34   #580
BHPian

guys, any idea when the much awaited team bhp review will be up for Innova Crysta?
Old 12th May 2016, 12:43   #581
Senior - BHPian

Innova Crysta, 'White pearl crystal shine' shade.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-whatsappimage20160512-1.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-whatsappimage20160512-2.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-whatsappimage20160512.jpeg

Last edited by ecenandu : 12th May 2016 at 12:45.
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 13:38   #582
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463040246.907023.jpg

Official price list in Chandigarh.

Buying Insurance from Toyota, accessories (TGA) and Smile pack is optional.

Smile pack covers up to four services with a cap of 20K car mileage or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Finance rates were quoted at 9.25% for 3 years and 9.5% for 5 years for a loan amount ranging from 10% to 90% of ex-showroom car value.
Old 12th May 2016, 14:22   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

What accessories comprise of Toyota Genuine Accessories for 35990 bucks.

I guess it should be the ugly chrome ornaments all around the vehicle
Old 12th May 2016, 14:27   #584
Senior - BHPian

Innova's easy back door closure explained.

I have found it difficult to close the hatch, in cars. Most of the times it end up with a loud bang inside the cabin. This feature, although not dramatic as powered tailgate, is quite good IMHO.
Old 12th May 2016, 14:28   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
What accessories comprise of Toyota Genuine Accessories for 35990 bucks.

I guess it should be the ugly chrome ornaments all around the vehicle
It's listed below the price table.

Mats, Mud flaps, T Mat, Side Visor, Bumper Corner Protector w/ Chrome, Leg room lamp, Luggage Tray, Muffler Cutter, Chrome Door Housing and 5 Car Cushions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed