Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 10:32   #601
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Are Toyota vehicle order number trackable like Mahindra's? Is there a way to check the position in the queue or when vehicle allotment happens?

It seems the show is run by the dealers, making it non-transparent.
Old 13th May 2016, 17:23   #602
BHPian

Dear All,

My first post and really excited to be here after so many years of trying. To add to the Joy, Tomorrow i am taking the delivery of my new innova crysta Garnet Red ZX MT ( Which i have been waiting for the past 1.5 years ).

I had tried Automtic, but the rubber band effect with the CVT was very obvious in the AT. I will do the initial report as soon as i get my keys.

Regards,
Anzy
motorheart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 17:41   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheart View Post
Dear All,

My first post and really excited to be here after so many years of trying. To add to the Joy, Tomorrow i am taking the delivery of my new innova crysta Garnet Red ZX MT ( Which i have been waiting for the past 1.5 years ).

I had tried Automtic, but the rubber band effect with the CVT was very obvious in the AT. I will do the initial report as soon as i get my keys.

Regards,

Anzy

Congratulations on your innova crysta!

Just to make a small correction the AT is offered with a torque converter and not a CVT.

Drive safe👍🏻

Asit
Old 13th May 2016, 19:26   #604
Senior - BHPian

Hello just got delivery of my AT crysta in Grey.

The initial driving experience is good.

Dealership was excellent to say the least. It's the first car to be delivered in Agra.

Will update when I have time on Sunday.

Here Is a picture. I cannot upload as it only uploads one picture.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-image.jpeg
vkochar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 19:49   #605
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Hello just got delivery of my AT crysta in Grey
Congrats, will wait for more pictures & a comprehensive review. Do check for the hum created before upshifts to 2nd & 3rd gears.
Old 13th May 2016, 20:56   #606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello just got delivery of my AT crysta in Grey.
Congrats.

I took a test drive of the Crysta AT last weekend and loved it for what it offered. It sure is pricey, but I'm not complaining since the car seemed really well rounded and worth the premium compared to the earlier Innova, except for the third row where I felt cramped for space.

What I did not expect is the superb and flat highway ride quality, combined with the powerful and smooth engine. A huge step up in terms of the driving experience compared to the Fortuner that I'm very much used to!
Old 13th May 2016, 21:50   #607
Senior - BHPian

Just drove this beauty for about 45 kms in total.

The odo showed 33 kms when I took delivery of it. It's nearly 80 now I think.

Anyways I drove it in the ECO mode and it was ok.

I put it in the Power mode and Wow what a massive change in the driving. It's a beast in that mode.

I am going to warn the driver against ever using it.

It's a head turner. Everyone looks at it and then turns and looks at it again. I suppose because there are none on the street till now.

The interiors are something else. It's like a completely different world from the Older innova and even the fortuner.

The display between the speedo and the main console shows a plethora of information. The precision of the touch and the quality of buttons and switchgear is top notch.

Overall the quality is absolutely brilliant.

I filled up nearly 60 liters of Diesel worth 3000 rupees so the range it shows is 650 kms but this was in the heavy city traffic of Agra.

I suppose one can expect 10-12 with a light foot in Eco mode in city and 15 or so on the highway. But then this is a 2.8 engine.

Everything works like a charm in terms of electronics etc. The auto headlights are great.

The ambient lighting is Wow and the kids were super happy to see the lights and the trays.

I will update more when I get time.

Overall expect this car to have some insane delivery periods and expect price hikes within 6 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-image.jpeg  

Last edited by vkochar : 13th May 2016 at 21:52. Reason: Typing mistake
vkochar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 23:52   #608
Senior - BHPian

Can you help me identify the colour of this one.

Yes, I do agree that I sound stupid.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0659.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
This is the warm silver or champagne colour, i think toyota calls it the Avant Garde Bronze.
Yes buddy, you are correct.

I thought it was the silver one and was debating with my mom . The bronze on the older Innova was different and is much better than this, IMHO.

EDIT: adding pics of Grey one.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0661.jpgToyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0657.jpgToyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0656.jpg

Last edited by ecenandu : 14th May 2016 at 00:05.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 23:57   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Can you help me identify the colour of this one.

Yes, I do agree that I sound stupid.

This is the warm silver or champagne colour, i think toyota calls it the Avant Garde Bronze.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 00:00   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways I drove it in the ECO mode and it was ok.

I put it in the Power mode and Wow what a massive change in the driving. It's a beast in that mode.

I am going to warn the driver against ever using it.
Congratulations on the Innova Crysta. I test drove it and it felt very jerky and pitchy in the ECO mode, i switched to POWER and it felt normal and better to drive. Drivers nowadays are very smart they will drive it in POWER mode when you aren't in the car.

Sorry Mods i tried to multi quote but for some reason it didn't happen. please combine the two. thanks

Last edited by M00M : 14th May 2016 at 00:02.
Old 14th May 2016, 02:02   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Congratulations on the Innova Crysta. I test drove it and it felt very jerky and pitchy in the ECO mode, i switched to POWER and it felt normal and better to drive. Drivers nowadays are very smart they will drive it in POWER mode when you aren't in the car.

Sorry Mods i tried to multi quote but for some reason it didn't happen. please combine the two. thanks
I had a mixed experience with these drive modes. Was test driving the 2.8 AT.

In power mode, it unnecessarily seemed to revv closer to the 2k rpm mark become upshifting to the second and third gears, but were totally fine in the higher gears. So initial two gears felt a bit jerky.

While in Eco mode, the higher gears feel restricted compared to power mode. For the test drive, I stuck to using eco mode for initial start and power modes once into third gear.

Is there a 'normal / city' mode between these two?
Old 14th May 2016, 08:32   #612
BHPian

Quote:

Overall the quality is absolutely brilliant.

Overall expect this car to have some insane delivery periods and expect price hikes within 6 months.

Congratulations on the purchase!

Waiting periods are already about 3-4 months even for those of us who booked on launch day. Unless the demand tapers down for top end models, it's going to stay in that range. Not too sure about price hike, it's already priced on the higher side. Anything higher would take it dangerously close to Endy, but then it's Toyota - they have a good fan following.

Dealers are willing to give immediate delivery for MT models.
Old 14th May 2016, 09:55   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just drove this beauty for about 45 kms in total.
Congrats buddy.

Would like to know more about the headlights. How is the led projectors and the halogen high beam?
Old 14th May 2016, 10:24   #614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Congrats buddy.

Would like to know more about the headlights. How is the led projectors and the halogen high beam?
Wow! Never noticed this fact. I assumed it would be halogen projector headlamps. Stunned to know it's LED and not even HIDs. Hopefully, the illumination is right up there with the Germans which use LED projectors.

That said, the headlamp assembly is sure to be ultra expensive in case of a replacement.
Old 14th May 2016, 11:01   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wow! Never noticed this fact. I assumed it would be halogen projector headlamps. Stunned to know it's LED and not even HIDs. Hopefully, the illumination is right up there with the Germans which use LED projectors.

That said, the headlamp assembly is sure to be ultra expensive in case of a replacement.
It's basically a reshaped version of the Corolla's Headlight unit. So light is going to be pretty similar to that.

My neighbor has one and I can testify that the light does look amazing with a nice bluish white hue and an AWESOME cut off!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks