Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 13:33   #691
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

I have booked Crysta GX MT and planning to take delivery on 5th July.

I received this from Sales guy @ Toyota Surat.

From 1St June, TCS ( Tax Collection @ Source ) 1% of vehicle cost will be charges ...example...any vehicle we deliver after 1st June, we will have to collect 1% of Ex Showroom as Advance Compulsory Tax

Also 4% Additional RTO tax will be applicable...For Private instead of 6% RTO new Tax will be 10% and for Firm instead of 12% RTO tax will be @ 16%....

Means RTO amount will be 80% More....Example if We are collecting 100000 RTO than from 1St June RTO will be 180000/

That means vehicle Registration/ Delivery after 1June will be costly by 5% ( 4% RTo and 1%) TcS....

Is this true?

Last edited by kunaldhami : 21st May 2016 at 13:35.
Old 22nd May 2016, 16:27   #692
Senior - BHPian

What real world fuel economy are people getting on the AT?

On the manual?

I was thinking that given a bigger engine with higher torque, the AT & MT will have similar the FE. True?
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:20   #693
Senior - BHPian

I am getting around the 9-10 kpl mark. Spirited city driving only. AC on 100%.

I filled up 60 liters.

Car has done 400 kms and I suppose another 200 or so before I refill.

I was supposed to go to delhi for a day trip but took the old car.

However I am due for a 1200 km road trip this coming weekend. I suppose I will get to report pretty accurately then.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:03   #694
BHPian

Completed 1000 mark, average around 12.3 , only on ECO mode. Highway max speed at 120. Mostly around 90

Started from Bangalore at 10.30 PM Reached Kodungallur at 6 In the morning. First break at 500 Kms.. Not tired at all...
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:16   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am getting around the 9-10 kpl mark. Spirited city driving only. AC on 100%.

I filled up 60 liters.

Car has done 400 kms and I suppose another 200 or so before I refill.

I was supposed to go to delhi for a day trip but took the old car.

However I am due for a 1200 km road trip this coming weekend. I suppose I will get to report pretty accurately then.
How is that even possible to fill 60 litres of diesel in a car having a Fuel Tank Capacity of 55 litres? Or is it some typo? Refer the highlighted portion below from Crysta's brochure, which clearly states that the Fuel Tank Capacity is 55 litres similar to the older generation Innova.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-crysta-fuel-tank-capacity.jpg

Quote:
All the very best for your upcoming trip

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd May 2016 at 20:19.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:24   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
How is that even possible to fill 60 litres of diesel in a car having a Fuel Tank Capacity of 55 litres? Or is it some typo? Refer the highlighted portion below from Crysta's brochure, which clearly states that the Fuel Tank Capacity is 55 litres similar to the older generation Innova.

Attachment 1509642
It is possible, buddy. If you fill it to the brim. The hose connecting the fuel tank to the opening that we see on the side of the car, surprisingly can hold a lot of fuel. The specification told by the manufacturers, I believe, only talk about the capacity of the fuel tank.

So you can hold, 5 to 10 litres, more than what the manufacturer claims. Of course, it varies from car to car depending on the length of the hose to the tank. Hope this clears your doubt.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:25   #697
BHPian

I saw the Innova Crysta today. Looked very ill-proportioned to me. Had this been a Tata, people would have gone on to bash the car to pulp, about how ill-proportioned it looks.

But even if you keep that that aside, it looks pretty dull I felt, my personal opinion.

Toyota reliability (and therefore resale value) is of course, unquestionably the best.

I was in the market for a 6 seater, but dumped the Innova bcoz its too taxi-like. And the gear lever vibrated like a trucks' gear lever (I rented an Innova self drive for Mumbai-Shirdi-Mumbai).
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:27   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is that even possible to fill 60 litres of diesel in a car having a Fuel Tank Capacity of 55 litres? Or is it some typo?
That's pretty common, several cars( I think most actually) take a few liters above the prescribed capacity. Some take more than a few liters. For example the Vento also has a 55liter tank and easily takes 60+ liters. Just today I had just below quarter tank remaining when I filled and it took 50 liters- that too till auto cut off. Will take 3-4 liters more if I top up.

So the innova taking 60 liters seems pretty standard.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:51   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1509642

All the very best for your upcoming trip
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-image.jpeg

My bad. I filled just under 57 liters.

And yes car has done 382 kms as you can see at the background very lightly.

Apologies once again.
vkochar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:04   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1509644

My bad. I filled just under 57 liters.

And yes car has done 382 kms as you can see at the background very lightly.

Apologies once again.
There you go, 56.47 litres. No need to apologize mate, rather I have thanked you for clarifying my doubt. The first thing that came to my mind after reading your 60 litres refill was to feel happy that finally Toyota has given a bigger fuel tank to the most popular highway tourer of this country. To validate this I hurriedly checked the spec sheet but was utterly disappointed. When the XUV gets a 70 litre tank, even my humble TUV has a 60 litre tank, why Toyota didn't provide a bigger tank is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
So you can hold, 5 to 10 litres, more than what the manufacturer claims. Of course, it varies from car to car depending on the length of the hose to the tank. Hope this clears your doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
That's pretty common, several cars( I think most actually) take a few liters above the prescribed capacity. So the innova taking 60 liters seems pretty standard.
Thank you ecenandu & Rajeevraj for the clarification. If indeed 60 litres was filled it would have meant vkochar had dried out the tank completely, which is not good for a brand new vehicle. Even the 56.47 litres actually filled points to the fact that the tank was almost empty. If I am allowed to probe a bit further, I would like to know how much was the DTE showing when you went to tank it up? If the Fuel Injection Pump is starved of fuel, it may lead to premature pump failure as the fuel itself is its only source of lubrication. So next time onwards tank it up when the fuel gauge falls under the quarter level mark.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd May 2016 at 22:07.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 07:08   #701
BHPian

I got my Innova Crysta 2.8L AT ZX Variant in Grey Metallic delivered on Saturday. Took the car straight to the pump with fuel level showing empty and the range showing 'refuel'. I was able to fill up 48 litres. The dealer said it had around 10 litres in the tank during delivery. The car is much bigger in size when compared to the old Innova and I needed some time to get used to it in the city. I kept it in ECO Mode in the city and occasionally switched to PWR Mode and also the Normal Mode. On my drive back home from Cochin on the highway I put it in Sport/Tiptronic and I noticed that most of the upshifts are triggered each time I let go of the accelerator. It's not the most responsive Tiptronic unit but it's alright. My only disappointment was that unlike on the DSG on my Polo which I drive mostly in Tiptronic, on the Innova the gear shifts are not shown in real time on the display, be it in Drive or Sport/Triptronic.

I also upsized the tyres on the same day. The stock tyres are 215/55R17 Bridgestone's and I upsized it to 225/55R17 Michelin Primacy 3 ST with an error which is under 2%. I did some research and found that the right upsize would have been 235/50R17 but those tyres are not available anywhere and also the stock rims are only 6.5j so it wouldn't be the best option for 235's.

Here's a photo of both my Innova's.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463972195.911666.jpg

This is at the dealership.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463972335.357752.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463967325.568684.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd May 2016 at 08:39. Reason: deleting duplicate post
Philip.Mathew is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:29   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip.Mathew View Post
I got my Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8L AT ZX Variant in Grey Metallic delivered on Saturday. I took it straight to the petrol pump and was able to fill up 48 litres.
What an entry to Team-BHP. Congratulations and welcome to our family. Happy miles ahead. Do start a ownership thread and more photos please.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:01   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip.Mathew View Post
I got my Innova Crysta 2.8L AT ZX Variant in Grey Metallic delivered on Saturday.
Congratulations and welcome to Team BHP.

Would Crysta be your daily driver? Have you experienced the hum the engine generates in lower gears?

Please keep us updated with your ownership experiences.
t2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:51   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to Team BHP.

Would Crysta be your daily driver? Have you experienced the hum the engine generates in lower gears?

Please keep us updated with your ownership experiences.

Thank you! My daily driver when I am alone is usually the Polo GT TSI but I plan on using the Innova more often rather than keeping it only for family trips. My old Innova the 2005 Model has done over 240000kms in the span of 11 years.
The gear box first reminded me of a CVT, in the way it builds revs in the lower gears. The car revs above 2000rpm every time before it shifts in 1st and 2nd gears which I believe is unnecessary. The noise I experience is more of the engine revving and the accelerator input plays a very vital role in the gear shifts in this transmission. I couldn't completely avoid this unnecessary revving in the lower gears even with a light foot, seems like I need to get used to the accelerator inputs.
The car is really silent though at speeds of 100-120 kmph, thanks to the 6 speed tranny. The old Innova is loud at those speeds and it felt like the engine was straining but now those speeds feel effortless and the new Innova is the perfect highway cruiser. Put it in PWR Mode and in Sport/Tiptronic, the torque is mind blowing and the car accelerates swiftly. I will keep you guys updated on my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
What an entry to Team-BHP. Congratulations and welcome to our family. Happy miles ahead. Do start a ownership thread and more photos please.

Thank you! I hope to start a ownership thread soon. Here is another photo of the car.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463976258.892507.jpg
Philip.Mathew is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:15   #705
BANNED

I have booked GX AT 8 seater in Superior White. Does it come with torque converter AT or CVT AT? Sales executive said CVT AT.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed