Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:22   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have booked GX AT 8 seater in Superior White. Does it come with torque converter AT or CVT AT? Sales executive said CVT AT.

It comes with a 6 Speed Torque Converter AT.
Philip.Mathew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:23   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
I have booked GX AT 8 seater in Superior White. Does it come with torque converter AT or CVT AT? Sales executive said CVT AT.
Congratulations on your booking, Sankar.

The auto transmission is a 6-speed torque converter AT.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:16   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip.Mathew View Post
It comes with a 6 Speed Torque Converter AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congratulations on your booking, Sankar.

The auto transmission is a 6-speed torque converter AT.
Thats a relief! I would prefer regular torque converter AT over CVT.

Thanks RavenAvi! Will update when i get to lay my hands on it
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:26   #709
BHPian

I convinced my Dad that he ought to book the new Crysta and I'm glad to report that he's taken the plunge (not that he needed much convincing, he was actually waiting a while for the new model to launch).

After some discussion between us on needs and wants, he's booked the 2.4 VX MT 8 in "White Pearl Crystal Shine".

The dealer informed him that of the two shades of white this one was the "whiter" and brighter one. I seem to recall reading elsewhere that this particular shade actually had a yellowish tinge to it and that "Super White" had a "cleaner" appearance. Can anyone with first-hand experience of both shades please confirm? Thanks!
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:32   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is another photo of the car.
Congrats, Mathew

Your Garage shutters looks very good, I have hardly seen such in India. From where did you got this ,if you can share.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd May 2016 at 14:33.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:57   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Sankar on your booking. As mentioned by many it comes with a Torque Converter. Even I have the GX AT. If you can stretch for the ZX AT do go for it as the GX misses out on too many features. I had an 8 seater requirement plus budget constraint hence went for GX.

Quote:
I got my Innova Crysta 2.8L AT ZX Variant in Grey Metallic delivered on Saturday.
Here's a photo of both my Innova's.
Congratulations Philip.Mathew! Nice colour as well. Frankly I havent seen this shade at the showroom. I filled up little over 44 litres post the refuel message coming on.

In other news she came home on Saturday

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160521wa0038.jpeg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3174.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3172.jpg

Met up with Bhpian Kanad (Blackwasp i think) and his Punto Abarth in the evening. 300+ horses in one frame (not counting the E Class, Rapid and Mahindra Max? in the background)
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160521wa0069.jpg
miharbe is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:03   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
I seem to recall reading elsewhere that this particular shade actually had a yellowish tinge to it and that "Super White" had a "cleaner" appearance. Can anyone with first-hand experience of both shades please confirm? Thanks!
Pearl White has a yellow tint to it.
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:46   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post

Congratulations and enjoy the beauty.

Look forward to having some more details once you've driven around.
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:11   #714
BHPian

Quote:
I got my Innova Crysta 2.8L AT ZX Variant in Grey Metallic delivered on Saturday. Took the car straight to the pump with fuel level showing empty and the range showing 'refuel'. I was able to fill up 48 litres. The dealer said it had around 10 litres in the tank during delivery. The car is much bigger in size when compared to the old Innova and I needed some time to get used to it in the city. I kept it in ECO Mode in the city and occasionally switched to PWR Mode and also the Normal Mode. On my drive back home from Cochin on the highway I put it in Sport/Tiptronic and I noticed that most of the upshifts are triggered each time I let go of the accelerator. It's not the most responsive Tiptronic unit but it's alright. My only disappointment was that unlike on the DSG on my Polo which I drive mostly in Tiptronic, on the Innova the gear shifts are not shown in real time on the display, be it in Drive or Sport/Triptronic
Hi Philip,

Car looks awesome!

Was wondering where you got those garage doors from?

Anyone know of a thread on Team-BHP with regard to discussion of where to obtain garage doors?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 23rd May 2016 at 16:19.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:00   #715
BHPian

I took a test drive of the manual 2.4 ZX Variant today and came away very impressed with it. The clutch pedal is surprisingly very light other than the long travel. SA from Nandi Toyota, Bangalore got the car to my home for a test drive and I had the chance to take it through all the roads that I use for my daily commute. Even though the drive was through very narrow roads, it felt very car like and the suspension/ride quality is on a different level. Only grouse is the gear shift and it is very hard to my liking. Didnt get a chance to stretch its wings, but the power delivery is very linear and has a good low end acceleration that would make the city drive easy. I could take all the humps easily in second gear itself and didn't need to downshift even once. And did I mention that the car didnt scrap the tall Bangalore humps at all.

Over all very satisfied on how it performed and I am back to square one with my car search. Untill last week I was seriously considering the BR-V, but the narrow middle row seating was the biggest disappointment. I dont think anyone would even consider any other 7 seater car in the market other than the Innova Crysta after driving it once. The price is a bit of a stretch for me at this point, but considering the value it offers, I might just go ahead and book it.

Quote:

Congratulations miharbe. What to do you think about the performance of the headlights in the GX Variant? Are they sufficient enough? I see you have added the fog lamps too. Can you please share the cost and also interested to know if you have added any other accessories?
samabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:13   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
Congratulations and enjoy the beauty.

Look forward to having some more details once you've driven around.
Thank You AutoSphere! I hope to start the ownership thread soon. Unfortunately I am in Pune for work hence will only get to see the car over weekends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Congratulations miharbe. What to do you think about the performance of the headlights in the GX Variant? Are they sufficient enough? I see you have added the fog lamps too. Can you please share the cost and also interested to know if you have added any other accessories?
Thank You samabhi! I found the headlights to be ok in the city drive that I had last night! However I plan to upgrade the bulbs sooner rather than later. What I'd really want is to somehow retrofit the lights which come with the VX and ZX. I checked with the showroom and they refused saying the whole assembly is different. This is one of those Gannu type mods (Gannu are you listening?)!

I am a sucker for fog lamps and got these added from the dealership itself. It cost me INR 10,451 to get it done. Also added the Fabric floor mats and boot mat, side visor, mud guard and scruff plate. Cost ~26,500 for all of these. They'd charged me for the "essential accessories" and I'd requested to have these instead of the useless ones like pillow, car cover, seatbelt pad, door and bumper protectors, etc
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:14   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Hi Philip,

Car looks awesome!

Was wondering where you got those garage doors from?

Anyone know of a thread on Team-BHP with regard to discussion of where to obtain garage doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats, Mathew

Your Garage shutters looks very good, I have hardly seen such in India. From where did you got this ,if you can share.

You can source the garage doors from http://www.zenithdoors.co.in/. They are automated polyurethane sectional garage doors.
I have been using them for about 6 months now on my new garage, they have been good so far.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464010889.326436.jpg
Philip.Mathew is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:19   #718
BHPian

Quote:
I am a sucker for fog lamps and got these added from the dealership itself. It cost me INR 10,451 to get it done. Also added the Fabric floor mats and boot mat, side visor, mud guard and scruff plate. Cost ~26,500 for all of these. They'd charged me for the "essential accessories" and I'd requested to have these instead of the useless ones like pillow, car cover, seatbelt pad, door and bumper protectors, etc
I hope you are aware that you do NOT have to buy the "essential accessories". It might be water under the bridge in your case but other readers should be aware that buying car insurance and accessories bundle from the car dealership is at buyer's discretion. If the dealer create nonsense in this regard, please get in touch with Toyota Customer Care and they'll sort it out for you.
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:24   #719
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

For those who are contemplating Pearl white and Super white- (OTOH, both the colours look taxi type when running on road. I am an all time white lover but thinking of changing my booking to Avante Grade Bronze)

Pearl White-

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464011576.109829.jpg

Super White-

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464011614.392705.jpg

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 23rd May 2016 at 19:28.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:25   #720
BHPian

Quote:
You can source the garage doors from .... They are automated polyurethane sectional garage doors.
I have been using them for about 6 months now on my new garage, they have been good so far.
Seeing the picture, I'm more interested in knowing which house you live in.
t2k4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks