Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:38   #721
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
I hope you are aware that you do NOT have to buy the "essential accessories". It might be water under the bridge in your case but other readers should be aware that buying car insurance and accessories bundle from the car dealership is at buyer's discretion. If the dealer create nonsense in this regard, please get in touch with Toyota Customer Care and they'll sort it out for you.
I know, however I didn't want to strain the excellent relationship I have with the Salesperson. Even though I was politely refused when I said I dont want the accessories I was given a concession that I can choose the accessories I want. Since I was anyways going to get the fog lamps and a few other things I didn't really want to get into all that. The salesperson did sweeten the deal for me though such that the accessories were effectively free and this without me getting any outside quote, got everything (loan + insurance) from the showroom. Cannot disclose more than this. Will only be getting the ICE done from outside!

I think some part of this also led me to get early delivery. As you said it's water under the bridge!
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:49   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Met up with Bhpian Kanad (Blackwasp i think) and his Punto Abarth in the evening. 300+ horses in one frame (not counting the E Class, Rapid and Mahindra Max? in the background)
Congrats on the awesome vehicle. The pic you posted was captioned as 'beauty and the beast' on my snapchat story. It's upto you whether your ride is beauty or the beast. Can't wait to get a ride.

And yes, may you take her (and us) to many different places in the future.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:41   #723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
After some discussion between us on needs and wants, he's booked the 2.4 VX MT 8 in "White Pearl Crystal Shine".

The dealer informed him that of the two shades of white this one was the "whiter" and brighter one. I seem to recall reading elsewhere that this particular shade actually had a yellowish tinge to it and that "Super White" had a "cleaner" appearance. Can anyone with first-hand experience of both shades please confirm? Thanks!
Hope this helps. I took the photo when i went to Toyota showroom here. Superior white on the left and Pearl crystal white on the right. Pearl crystal white has a creamy tinge to it.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160521_121318.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160521_121356.jpg

Another shot of superior white (regular white)
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160521_124215.jpg

Quote:
Congratulations Sankar on your booking. As mentioned by many it comes with a Torque Converter. Even I have the GX AT. If you can stretch for the ZX AT do go for it as the GX misses out on too many features. I had an 8 seater requirement plus budget constraint hence went for GX.
The ZX would have been a great buy, that almost 7L jump is just not possible for me now. GX has all the necessary convenience features and safety kit so i feel its VFM.

Quote:
In other news she came home on Saturday

Attachment 1509819
Attachment 1509820
Attachment 1509821
Congrats on your Bronze beauty! Please update fuel efficiency figures as you go. Wishing you happy miles.

Last edited by Sankar : 23rd May 2016 at 21:46.
Sankar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 03:07   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hope this helps. I took the photo when i went to Toyota showroom here. Superior white on the left and Pearl crystal white on the right. Pearl crystal white has a creamy tinge to it.
What is your take on the proposed ban of diesel vehicles above 2000 cc and 10 year shelf life of diesel vehicles.

Guys from Kerala, are you going ahead with the purchase or putting a hold until further clarification regarding the ruling.

My dad did point to me before the booking of Crysta regarding the recent ban in Delhi and how it is going to effect the sales of big diesel cars in general. Never did I think Kerala will be next in line to ban diesel vehicles.

Our Honda City will be eight years this November, we got a quote of 2.75 lakhs INR approx 35% of OTR from Toyota dealership as buy back. If the proposed green tribunal law gets passed, then we have to scrap the car or sell it off, to a different state without a similar law. The resale value will sure go for a toss. Forget resale value, you will be forced to buy a new car since the old one is no longer legal to ply on our road.

It will be interesting to see how thing pan out in Kerala, in coming months. Is the ban on private diesel vehicles above 2000cc pan Kerala or just the major cities like Trivandrum, Kochi, Thrissur etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip.Mathew View Post
My old Innova the 2005 Model has done over 240000kms in the span of 11 years.
Damn, if the law get passed then your Innova will be illegal to ply on our roads though we have paid the road tax for 15 years.

I'm sure this law is going to be challenged in the court. If they were serious in implementing such laws, it should be done in a phased manner.

Like Bharath stage II cars to ply on the roads for 'x' more years.
Bharath stage III cars more than 'x' years, since they are technically less polluting than Bharath stage II.

These kind of laws are not going to help inspire confidence in Automotive giants to invest money in India.

I would have been more than happy, if this ban had some scientific backing, if any one knows what scientific studies they conducted in order to come to this conclusion, please share it here.

Aaargh *Fernando Alonso's voice*

There are no diesel cars in California, IIRC, they haven't banned diesels, its just that no diesel car has passed the stringent emission test. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Last edited by ecenandu : 24th May 2016 at 03:30.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 07:42   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

There are no diesel cars in California, IIRC, they haven't banned diesels, its just that no diesel car has passed the stringent emission test. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

California has diesel cars. VW group sells a bunch of them. After the scandal they had to take them off the market though. Other bigger VW engines still ply - Audi, Porsche use the bigger engine options. BMW sells diesel vehicles as well. It's just that US retail market as a whole is not a diesel fan. There is no diesel subsidy. Since fuel prices change multiple times a day there, at best diesel is as expensive as gasoline and in worst case, it costs more. It depends on the prevailing worldwide conditions. Diesel engines are also subject to higher emission standards and manufacturers need to use top class DPF and additives.
t2k4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 07:52   #726
BANNED

Quote:
What is your take on the proposed ban of diesel vehicles above 2000 cc and 10 year shelf life of diesel vehicles.

Guys from Kerala, are you going ahead with the purchase or putting a hold until further clarification regarding the ruling.

It will be interesting to see how thing pan out in Kerala, in coming months. Is the ban on private diesel vehicles above 2000cc pan Kerala or just the major cities like Trivandrum, Kochi, Thrissur etc.
Certainly not a good news and something i didnt want to hear. The premium I am paying for toyota is also its resale at the when it needs to be sold. Will wait and see how this turns out.
Old 24th May 2016, 09:41   #727
BHPian

No idea about what's happening.In Germany you get a tax subsidy if u buy diesel cars as its less polluting .
Old 24th May 2016, 10:15   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Certainly not a good news and something i didnt want to hear. The premium I am paying for toyota is also its resale at the when it needs to be sold. Will wait and see how this turns out.
Looks like my dad has already made his decision to cancel the booking of Crysta. As said earlier, he was bit apprehensive of going for a diesel in the first place. I convinced him by citing the better resale value Innova commands. With the latest ruling, I don't think I can convince him to go and purchase the Innova.

Anyway, my dad called up early morning and started to enquire about the new Superb , he like the brand very much. In fact, twice, he went to showroom to checkout the Laura, previously. He doesn't go to a showroom unless he is very much interested. Third time lucky/unlucky, maybe, let us see.

I don't want him to go for the Skoda, my biggest worry is after sales and services. Personally, I prefer him to purchase the Innova and use it for 10 years than go for the Skoda.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:37   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like my dad has already made his decision to cancel the booking of Crysta.
My family is fighting a similar urge. My father wants to cancel the booking. Unfortunately, there's no good alternative. With OTR cost being in the vicinity of 24 Lacs and averaging insurance at 40K per annum for 10 years, that's another 4 Lacs. So total cost WITHOUT fuel, maintenance, tires etc. would be around 28 lacs over 10 years. That's about 3 lacs per year and it's not cheap.

Quote:
I don't want him to go for the Skoda, my biggest worry is after sales and services. Personally, I prefer him to purchase the Innova and use it for 10 years than go for the Skoda.
Skoda after sales and service sucks. In my opinion, the new Superb is a beautiful car. If it had a Honda or Toyota badge, it would sell like hotcakes.

What do other readers feel about going with Crysta?

Last edited by t2k4 : 24th May 2016 at 10:43.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:43   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

A Crysta passed by me while I was walking on the road yesterday. Though the front looks aggressive to an extent, it also looks disproportionately wide with a small grill area. As if somebody slammed the top of an old Innova and it squeezed vertically while bulging horizontally. While users are saying the new engines are quieter, I found the diesel clatter almost identical to the old 2.5 D4-D (which was already loud as an old-school jeep). I couldn't check whether it was the 2.4/2.8 and the car was accelerating very slowly from a speed bump when I crossed it. Might I say I was disappointed regarding the refinement.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:58   #731
BHPian

Quote:

My dad did point to me before the booking of Crysta regarding the recent ban in Delhi and how it is going to effect the sales of big diesel cars in general. Never did I think Kerala will be next in line to ban diesel vehicles.

Our Honda City will be eight years this November, we got a quote of 2.75 lakhs INR approx 35% of OTR from Toyota dealership as buy back. If the proposed green tribunal law gets passed, then we have to scrap the car or sell it off, to a different state without a similar law. The resale value will sure go for a toss. Forget resale value, you will be forced to buy a new car since the old one is no longer legal to ply on our road.

Damn, if the law get passed then your Innova will be illegal to ply on our roads though we have paid the road tax for 15 years.

I'm sure this law is going to be challenged in the court. If they were serious in implementing such laws, it should be done in a phased manner.

Like Bharath stage II cars to ply on the roads for 'x' more years.
Bharath stage III cars more than 'x' years, since they are technically less polluting than Bharath stage II.

These kind of laws are not going to help inspire confidence in Automotive giants to invest money in India.

I would have been more than happy, if this ban had some scientific backing, if any one knows what scientific studies they conducted in order to come to this conclusion, please share it here.
The past week has been a difficult one for my Old Innova. My family insisted on selling the car (as we bought the new Innova) and I prepped the car accordingly and had brought the whole car back to stock (removed the Bilstein B6 Suspension and the Petes Tuning Box) and also waxed & polished it.

Even though the car has done over 240000kms, the car has been well maintained and the mechanicals & engine are still running strong. I have seen Innova's go past 400000kms without much trouble. Toyota was offering a good buyback for the car and when I put the word out that we are going to sell the car we also received good offers from numerous individuals in our locality too(all offers were around the 5 lakh range), the plan was to get the car sold this week against the best quote offered, but now after the proposed ban most of these individuals are rethinking and some even backing out. I should have sold the car last week itself.

"As per the order, all diesel vehicles in the category of light and heavy vehicle which are aged more than 10 years will not be allowed to ply in Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kochi, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur — the six municipal corporations in Kerala." - The Indian Express

Kottayam has been excluded! Which is a relief for me, since it is the district I live in. This order is surely going to be challenged in court and my only option now is to wait and see what happens until there is a clearer picture of this ban. Since we have paid 15 years of road tax, something surely has to be done!
Philip.Mathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 11:03   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Skoda ASS sucks. IMHO, the new Superb is a beautiful car. If it had a Honda or Toyota badge, it would sell like hotcakes.

What do other readers feel about going with Crysta?
I will ask him to wait till the new Civic/Accord hits the market. He got the funds released, citing the purchase of the Crysta. Maybe that is the reason he is looking at a segment above, now.

Anyway, I am going to ask him to wait and buy a car which suits all our prerequisites than make a compromise purchase, now.

Quote:
My alternative is a Corolla Altis CVT, for simple reason that i want to stay with Toyota because i intend to keep it for long term and an automatic due to convenience.
Sure, Corolla, looks like a good alternative. A facelift is around the corner, though.

Last edited by ecenandu : 24th May 2016 at 11:13.
Old 24th May 2016, 11:08   #733
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like my dad has already made his decision to cancel the booking of Crysta. As said earlier, he was bit apprehensive of going for a diesel in the first place. I convinced him by citing the better resale value Innova commands. With the latest ruling, I don't think I can convince him to go and purchase the Innova.

My alternative is a Corolla Altis CVT, for simple reason that i want to stay with Toyota because i intend to keep it for long term and an automatic due to convenience.

Long term Skoda ownership might be pretty eventful might be a bit better if its a manual. I currently have a 9 year old octavia vrs (56000KM genuine) which i'm bringing back to spec. The time, effort and money I am investing in this car (only for its 1.8T motor and vRS rarity) has driven me away from another VAG product if long term ownership is a criterion. Maintaining an old Skoda is a collective effort, in my case - Skoda A.S.S, Aftermarket suppliers, FNG, Import of parts and friends - and model specific info fishing online.

PS: Btw there is a 2001 model white board Qualis in our extended family, its in Cherthala so have to see what will happen when it enter Cochin

Last edited by Sankar : 24th May 2016 at 11:20.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 11:13   #734
Senior - BHPian

So filled the tank today. Did the top up and it could fill just about 46 liters.

So it's given me an average FE of 10 kpl or so. The computer on the screen tells me 12.2.

Overall extremely happy with this FE.
vkochar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 13:46   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
The computer on the screen tells me 12.2.
Any clue Sir on how to change it from litres / 100 km to kmpl? Mine shows the former.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed