Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 13:58   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Any clue Sir on how to change it from litres / 100 km to kmpl? Mine shows the former.
Yes I know how to change it. I did it myself.

However can advise later today evening as I did not bring the Crysta with me today.

Its simple. I will get back as soon as possible.

Last edited by vkochar : 24th May 2016 at 13:59. Reason: spelling
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 16:40   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
..Can anyone with first-hand experience of both shades please confirm? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Pearl White has a yellow tint to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Pearl White-
Innova Crysta has White Pearl Crystal Shine. This is also the colour available on Camry, Prado and the LC200.

The White Pearl, which is available currently only on the Fortuner is a different colour from the above vehicles. It is thsi colour that has a yellowish tinge to it (apparently faded look).

As seen at the Bangalore dealership, under sunlight and bright lights the White Pearl Crystal Shine, really does appear shining and looks quite rich.
karpusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 18:53   #738
AWD
BHPian

Contrary to the general belief that Crysta will see a surge in pricing soon, I believe Toyota may have to correct the prices. As the initial euphoria dies down & customers sit back & think, its no more a value preposition. Low Fuel average, uncertain diesel car future & steep price hike are sure to discourage buyers.

Its a great vehicle for sure, no questions there but good at what cost! The lower models are sparsely equipped, an 18-20L vehicle without even an entry level entertainment system! So either Toyota will have to cut the prices or equip the lower variants with more features.

I agree with the customers who felt the vehicle creating too much noise in the lower gears. Toyota have taken care of the noisy engine at high speeds but lower end is boomy now. So much so that I felt relieved after I sat back in my other car after Crysta TD. Those keen on the vehicle, test drive it again for a longer duration, you are sure to experience the noisy characteristics of the engine at lower speeds. Im talking about the Automatic variants here.
AWD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 23:22   #739
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing at least 2 or 3 Crysta on road for the past few days and most of them are Z variants. So, deliveries are happening thick and fast. Also heard, the dealers are asking all prospective customers to pay up and register the car ASAP due to the looming ban.

And also noticed another amusing thing. The numbers of used Innova getting added to OLX is just staggering. Its like a new one is being added every few minutes. OLX-KL-Innova.

Need to see how much of that is down to the diesel car ban vs. Crysta' launch.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 01:57   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip.Mathew View Post
You can source the garage doors from http://www.zenithdoors.co.in/. They are automated polyurethane sectional garage doors.
I have been using them for about 6 months now on my new garage, they have been good so far.
]
Congratulations and WOW! What a garage
Wishing you lakhs of miles of happiness.

If the garage is so beautiful, I was wondering how would your home be like?

Quote:
My family is fighting a similar urge.
What do other readers feel about going with Crysta?
I understand that you are worried about the value of your car 10 years later.
Am I right?
Old 25th May 2016, 07:13   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I understand that you are worried about the value of your car 10 years later.

Am I right?

Actually the lack of value. If the Kerala NGT ban sticks, what's to say it will not happen in other parts of the country?
Old 25th May 2016, 09:44   #742
AWD
BHPian

This may sound funny but the thought did cross my mind, while evaluating Crysta for a purchase I did consider Endy also which is ok. Alternately I was thinking what else could ~20L get me, since there is not so much there in this particular category, I began to evaluate vehicles below this mark. Simple mathematics pointed towards some great combos that can be made, eg;

Scross or Brezza or Ecosport or Scorpio PLUS Ertiga or Mobilio or BRV.

Now whats the logic working behind this? Simple, like Crysta, these are also high off the road, some maybe not as high but certainly not low as the sedans. Then the second lot can carry 6-8 passengers like the Crysta with an added advantage of Fuel Efficiency. In ~20L you get variants of Crysta that are not very well equipped, similarly choose lower variants in these alternate vehicles too. These alternatives are also good to drive as Crysta isn't too accomplished from a drivers pov.

Various other combos can also be carved out, so the point is that do consider this alternative also as it will get the job done & offer more variety. I believe one Crysta would not offer more than what two alternatives can! In the same tone I'd also say that for hardcore Innova fans & those looking for that Innova USP, you shall do best with the Crysta but for the rest these thoughts could be pondered upon.

Last edited by AWD : 25th May 2016 at 09:47.
AWD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 12:28   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Pearl White has a yellow tint to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
For those who are contemplating Pearl white and Super white

Pearl White-

Attachment 1509903

Super White-

Attachment 1509905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hope this helps. I took the photo when i went to Toyota showroom here. Superior white on the left and Pearl crystal white on the right. Pearl crystal white has a creamy tinge to it.

Attachment 1509958

Attachment 1509959

Another shot of superior white (regular white)
Attachment 1509960
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
The White Pearl, which is available currently only on the Fortuner is a different colour from the above vehicles. It is thsi colour that has a yellowish tinge to it (apparently faded look).

As seen at the Bangalore dealership, under sunlight and bright lights the White Pearl Crystal Shine, really does appear shining and looks quite rich.
Many thanks, t2k4, Sudeep, Sankar and karpusv, for your prompt revert. The pictures uploaded by Sudeep and Sankar were especially helpful. I hotfooted it to the Nariman Point dealership (near my office) but they didn't have either colour on display. So I went to the Worli showroom (near my home) and laid eyes on the "White Pearl Crystal Shine".

Did someone say "White Pearl Crystal Shine"? OMG, as the kids say these days!! It looked as if the Fairy Princess and a Unicorn were invited to Barbie's hen party, had a bit too much to drink (we've all been there), and threw up sparkles all over the car!!! And yes, the "pearl" aspect of the paint means it's not a true white, more of a creamish off-white.

It's settled then. My Dad called up and had the colour changed from "White Pearl Crystal Shine" to "Super White".

P.S. - Sorry, don't mean to cause offence, but I belong firmly to the "less is more" camp when it comes to chrome and sparkly crystals on cars...

Last edited by Hawkeye269 : 25th May 2016 at 12:30.
Hawkeye269 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 15:09   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Sankar on your booking. As mentioned by many it comes with a Torque Converter. Even I have the GX AT. If you can stretch for the ZX AT do go for it as the GX misses out on too many features. I had an 8 seater requirement plus budget constraint hence went for GX.

Congratulations Philip.Mathew! Nice colour as well. Frankly I havent seen this shade at the showroom. I filled up little over 44 litres post the refuel message coming on.

In other news she came home on Saturday

Attachment 1509819
Attachment 1509820
Attachment 1509821

Met up with Bhpian Kanad (Blackwasp i think) and his Punto Abarth in the evening. 300+ horses in one frame (not counting the E Class, Rapid and Mahindra Max? in the background)
Attachment 1509822
miharbe congratulations on the new arrival, I am glad to see you went ahead and pulled the trigger. It seems no matter when you booked the system was only thrown open to accepting booking officially on 2nd May. I booked mine on 5th May, still no news other than an estimate of 2nd week of June delivery. I am early looking forward to seeing my GX Auto 8 seater in Bronze in the flesh, and getting a feel of the 16 inch wheels setup which I suspect is going to be super pliant soft yet balanced in comparison to the 17 inch wheel TD car I drove which it self was awesome. miharbe do share some first comparative impressions on the 16inch wheel ride quality, since I suspect you test drove the higher version before as well and had no clue on what the GX rides like in comparison before getting your hands on it. thx

Last edited by canonball : 25th May 2016 at 15:10.
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 16:00   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
miharbe congratulations on the new arrival, I am glad to see you went ahead and pulled the trigger. It seems no matter when you booked the system was only thrown open to accepting booking officially on 2nd May. I booked mine on 5th May, still no news other than an estimate of 2nd week of June delivery. I am early looking forward to seeing my GX Auto 8 seater in Bronze in the flesh, and getting a feel of the 16 inch wheels setup which I suspect is going to be super pliant soft yet balanced in comparison to the 17 inch wheel TD car I drove which it self was awesome. miharbe do share some first comparative impressions on the 16inch wheel ride quality, since I suspect you test drove the higher version before as well and had no clue on what the GX rides like in comparison before getting your hands on it. thx
Thank You canonball!

I believe the bookings for the automatic are high hence the waiting period. Yes I'd consider myself lucky here as I got the car given my neighbor who booked with me and paid in full well before May 13 is yet to get the car. His is a Silver GX AT 8 seater and he's hoping to get it sometime early June. I even checked right now on the waiting for the GX AT and its about 2 months.

Unfortunately, my test ride was on the GX AT and hence I can only give you a perspective of that and will not be able to tell you the comparison. However I'll say this the newer car's ride is better than the old one's by a decent margin. For those familiar with the Eastern Freeway they will know that if you are travelling from South Bombay to Chembur, near the IMAX exit just where the flyover finishes where you are under the monorail there is a very bad almost step like portion of road. In my Vento and old Innova it was very prominent and in this one at around 70-80 kmph I didn't really feel it. So safe to assume this will be a car with pretty decent ride quality.

Good Luck with your purchase!
miharbe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 16:41   #746
Senior - BHPian

thanks miharbe i too had the old Innova 2005 to 2011, and yes the ride is much better, even with 17 inch wheels.
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 13:07   #747
BHPian

Just Took delivery of my Crysta
Metallic grey 2.8 Z
Filled 54 litres DTE shows 520
Will update review soon
Old 26th May 2016, 13:19   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Any clue Sir on how to change it from litres / 100 km to kmpl? Mine shows the former.
Am not sure if your query was answered. Please follow these steps.

Use the steering switches on right side of the horn to toggle between the MID screens till you reach the last one "Settings"
Under settings scroll down to "Units"
Select the "km/l"
Press center button "." to confirm
karpusv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 13:32   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Just Took delivery of my Crysta
Metallic grey 2.8 Z
Filled 54 litres DTE shows 520
Will update review soon
Congratulations docaxe! Wish you many safe miles with her. Some pictures please! A friend has also booked the exact same color and variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Am not sure if your query was answered. Please follow these steps.

Use the steering switches on right side of the horn to toggle between the MID screens till you reach the last one "Settings"
Under settings scroll down to "Units"
Select the "km/l"
Press center button "." to confirm
It wasn't answered, so thank you for your response.

Are these instructions for the GX? Because the GX has a lone "DISP" button on the steering wheel. Nevertheless will still try it out when I travel to Mumbai and meet the car tomorrow.

There is some rumor about the prices of Innova Crysta going up 4-5% from June 01. I heard this from the friend who has booked it and is expecting delivery in June. Can anyone confirm as this means a price hike of around 60-100k depending on variant? Feels even more awesome to have got the delivery so soon but on the whole it's sad if this happens less than a month from launch. 18,000 bookings for a car this expensive seem to have gone to Toyota's head. Reality is that this won't have a single dent on the sales.

Source for booking numbers: Autocar

Last edited by miharbe : 26th May 2016 at 13:59.
Old 26th May 2016, 13:45   #750
BHPian

Quote:
...Are these instructions for the GX? Because the GX has a lone "DISP" button on the steering wheel....
My bad. What i mentioned was for the Vx and Zx.
For Gx follow the steps below.

- Press "DISP" button to display "SETTINGS" screen
- Press and hold "DISP" button to enter settings
- Press "DISP" button again till you reach the required setting for units.
- Press and hold "DISP" button to enter the "UNITS" settings
- Press "DISP" buton for the required units (km/l)
- Press and hold "DISP" button to activate it
- To exit, press "DISP" button till you reach "EXIT" and then press and hold "DISP" for exiting.

Hope it helps.
Had read it in one of the owners manual and checked at the dealership. It is intuitive once you get the hang of it.
karpusv is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks