Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 21:14   #766
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Bronze can be seen in this post (Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016). The VX variant in the second pic.

That shade suits the Crysta really well. Would be my pick among the lot.
It looks like Grey for me. Is this shade similar to the grey one? Or a little yellowish shade?
Old 27th May 2016, 21:27   #767
Senior - BHPian

Photos of other colours from their Kalamassery showroom. They had a Garnet Red parked just outside the showroom which i forgot to click.

Silver
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160519_155440.jpg
Gray
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160519_155430.jpg
Bronze
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160519_155436.jpg

Im thinking whether to cancel White and go for Bronze or Garnet Red.

Last edited by Sankar : 27th May 2016 at 21:30.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 21:35   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice snaps, Sankar.

I think the chrome highlights of the Crysta's front stand out much better in Gray, compared to the other two.

If not White, Gray would be my choice. It could be a pain to maintain, though.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 21:56   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nice snaps, Sankar.

I think the chrome highlights of the Crysta's front stand out much better in Gray, compared to the other two.

If not White, Gray would be my choice. It could be a pain to maintain, though.
Thanks RavenAvi!
The GX variant i booked doesnt have chrome, instead its silver painted. Innova ownership is hanging in a limbo for many of us here, because of the uncertainty of the forced obsolescence after 10 years. It will be a total wastage of resources.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 22:10   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Thanks RavenAvi!
The GX variant i booked doesnt have chrome, instead its silver painted.
Is Garnet Red similar to the display vehicle which GTO has posted in this thread's opening post (he mentions it as a "darker shade of maroon")? If yes, it should look great with the silver-coloured grille.

Quote:
Innova ownership is hanging in a limbo for many of us here, because of the uncertainty of the forced obsolescence after 10 years. It will be a total wastage of resources.
Been keeping up with the updates on the Kerala ban thread. Shame, really. I don't think the courts will be able to help much unless Toyota comes up with a strong lobby of it's own. In the end, it will all boil down to one lobby against another.

I really hope the end result is something which satisfies all parties. On a lighter note, it's high time Toyota brings out a 1.99L diesel of it's own, eh?
Old 28th May 2016, 15:39   #771
Senior - BHPian

Crysta is a major hit! I went to drop my Etios for the 30k service and was astonished to see the amount of Crystas hanging around. One was waiting for delivery inside the special delivery room. Two were being prepared for delivery and atleast 2 more (if not 3) were inside the workshop bearing number plates and with their hoods up - guessing they were in for their first service.

OT
I started owning Toyotas from 2012 ( after 12 years of sticking with Tata). Do you know how much I paid for the Etios' 30k service or the cost for a full years maintenance of a car into its 5th year? -Rs 3200/-

And last week I dropped in the Innova for its 120k service interval (it is that service where the max amount of different oils & different filters are replaced). I paid -around 13K.

It took me sometime to get over the shock of spending so much money to buy cars which decidedly feel overpriced..but now am I happy or what.

Last edited by rrsteer : 28th May 2016 at 15:42.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 16:15   #772
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Crysta is a major hit! was astonished to see the amount of Crystas hanging around.
Not surprising! Innova had managed to build quite a fan following owing to its reliability & ease of ownership. That said, this side of the World, South Asian Countries, etc. family sizes are large & people like to move around in groups, not so in the developed Countries where family sizes are small & with everyone working, people movers are not required. So Vans/Muvs are quite popular in these regions. Who would have ever imagined that a van like Innova would become a status symbol, but thats what the case is. Indian choices of vehicles centre around fuel mileages, people carrying ability, cheap service & spares & they don't mind paying extra upfront to plonk these.

Now the state is such that even someone who does not require to haul people also goes out to buy an Innova, the image & the word in the market is such that the buyer of high selling vehicles are lauded & looked upto, also approved by the society & patted on the back. Same is the case with some other high selling vehicles like Dzire, etc. While such a shape will be looked upon in the developed markets but here in India we just love to drive & own & be looked at in cars that sell good. Shape of the vehicle, class of the vehicle, performance of the vehicle, emissions, safety, etc. are on the backburner. Not saying the cars that sell in huge numbers are unsafe or polluting but just that they are bought for reasons other than these.

These vehicles also form an easy choice/option for rural/unaware or semi-educated folks, all they need to do is get the vehicle that has a good name attached to it or is selling high. Reasons for this are lack of dealerships in their regions, lack of knowledge of cars, features, performance, etx. Its a green signal if neighbour or foe has it!

So here is the Crysta, even a massive price rise does not stop people from buying it because they just want to get it due to the acceptance of the vehicle in the Society, of people saying "wah beta achi gaadi le ke aye"! While beta ji may be the only one who's gonna use the vehicle.

Last edited by AWD : 28th May 2016 at 16:22.
AWD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 18:04   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
It looks like Grey for me. Is this shade similar to the grey one? Or a little yellowish shade?
The second picture. Yes, it's a bit yellowish. Looks very good under the sun. Sankar has posted images of the same cars above. Grey Z, Bronze V and Silver G.

Btw, I took the Crysta for a short spin today. Drove the 2.8 AT, couldn't drive the MT as their TD car is in the body shop due to a fender bender.

* The 2.8L diesel engine is very impressive. It pulls real nice and has excellent NVH. Reminded me of the Hyundai 1.6 CRDi in character. Just wish it was coupled with a 6 speed MT.
* Because the AT box is sad! It resembles a CVT till 2k rpm and makes the engine revv just too much. The tiptronic is also a bit lazy as well. But there is no dearth of speed. Getting to a 100 is easy but you have to put up with a bit of screaming from the engine.
* I felt the transmission liked the Eco mode better. The 2.8 AT is amazing when you are relaxed and don't ask much of the gearbox in terms of acceleration. It can cruise at triple digit speeds all day long without breaking a sweat or letting the passengers know unlike the old Innova.
* The cabin is a very nice place to be and the insulation is really good and cuts out all traffic noise. The window has light tint and it was quite helpful in the sun today. I liked the seating position too. Was easy with the electrical adjustment on the Z variant.
* Cannot comment on the handling as the drive was mostly on straight roads. But I was okay with the steering and the roll during u turns and while changing lanes.
* The brakes are quite strong with a good bite. Essential for a AT which is going to haul some weight and momentum on the highways.

Nippon has promised another drive once the 2.4 is back.

Adding a pic I took.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160528_181022.jpg

Last edited by deetjohn : 28th May 2016 at 18:13.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 18:15   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

Now the state is such that even someone who does not require to haul people also goes out to buy an Innova, the image & the word in the market is such that the buyer of high selling vehicles are lauded & looked upto, also approved by the society & patted on the back. Same is the case with some other high selling vehicles like Dzire, etc.

all they need to do is get the vehicle that has a good name attached to it or is selling high.

buying it because they just want to get it due to the acceptance of the vehicle in the Society, of people saying "wah beta achi gaadi le ke aye"! While beta ji may be the only one who's gonna use the vehicle.
OT
I term it 'received mentality'. Planning to write a research paper on that someway down the line. Its a very curious subject for me and one that I link with the average India psyche.

As a parallel when i look at the startup community - China which is considered less open, less free than us and non- democratic, has such leaders in their ecosystems as Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent etc (just compare we chat with whats app - its far ahead), while in comparison India hasn't much to show in terms of forming trail blazing startups...(no disrespect to anyone, I just did a relative comparison). I in many ways attribute it to our received mentality - which I think you just brought up.

Sorry for the long OT. Hope its not deleted.

Last edited by rrsteer : 28th May 2016 at 18:17.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 21:56   #775
BHPian

Finally booked the GX 8 Seater MT variant in Bronze colour today. Its a gaint leap from what I actually wanted to buy and nevertheless I am very happy with my decision.

Quote:
Bronze
Attachment 1511202
Im thinking whether to cancel White and go for Bronze or Garnet Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The second picture. Yes, it's a bit yellowish. Looks very good under the sun. Sankar has posted images of the same cars above. Grey Z, Bronze V and Silver G.
Thanks to you deetjohn, that I booked the Bronze one. I was initially considering Grey or Silver and after reading your post, I double checked the colour. Sankar's post made it even more clear and when I went to the showroom this morning, its very much evident on which is the best colour standing out there. No wonder the SA told me last week this colour is very much in demand compared to the others.

Also got a chance to check the GX variant in person. The interiors are not that bad as stated by others in this thread. I think its only that the higher VX and ZX variants are far more superior interms of the interior quality, but its more of bling is what I thought. The AC knobs which I expected to be the worst of all, have infact turned out to be of very good quality. There is a nice click sound to it while rotating and slots nicely into the next level. It does feel good and not so cheap at all.

Got the accessories list too along with the price. I am planning to go with the blaupunkt music system with the integrated reverse camera, fog lamps and yet to decide on the leather seats. Only challenge is with the reverse camera position which will sit low on the rear bumper when compared to the VX, ZX variants which is fixed under a dedicated slot above the number plate. As per them, it cannot be fixed above the number plate, as there is no cut on the GX Variant. I am only concerned about the visibility or the range that it covers when fixed directly on the bumpers. Moreover, it will be prone to damage very easily in our mad traffic conditions. Rear Bike protector accessory is another option to protect it, but it might obstruct the view of the camera. I guess I will have to explore other options. But the GX Variant comes with parking sensors, so I might just be good with that.

For some reason, I am unable to add any images. Will try again later.
samabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 22:24   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Thank You canonball!

I believe the bookings for the automatic are high hence the waiting period. Yes I'd consider myself lucky here as I got the car given my neighbor who booked with me and paid in full well before May 13 is yet to get the car. His is a Silver GX AT 8 seater and he's hoping to get it sometime early June. I even checked right now on the waiting for the GX AT and its about 2 months.

Unfortunately, my test ride was on the GX AT and hence I can only give you a perspective of that and will not be able to tell you the comparison. However I'll say this the newer car's ride is better than the old one's by a decent margin. For those familiar with the Eastern Freeway they will know that if you are travelling from South Bombay to Chembur, near the IMAX exit just where the flyover finishes where you are under the monorail there is a very bad almost step like portion of road. In my Vento and old Innova it was very prominent and in this one at around 70-80 kmph I didn't really feel it. So safe to assume this will be a car with pretty decent ride quality.

Good Luck with your purchase!
Miharbe..guess what, got a surprise call early today from the dealer, "car allotted come pay for delivery early mid next week" Glad to get it within 24 days of booking, super excited!! Count down begins
Old 30th May 2016, 12:58   #777
BHPian

Quote:

For some reason, I am unable to add any images. Will try again later.
Couple of pictures I took on Saturday of the Bronze shade under the sun.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-bronze_2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-bronze_colour.jpg

Complete accessories list with the price :
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-accessories_price_list_innovacrysta.jpg

Also the 16" alloys (on the RHS) one doesnt look that small when compared to the 17".
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-17vs16alloys.png
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 13:32   #778
BHPian

Quote:
integrated reverse camera, fog lamps and yet to decide on the leather seats. Only challenge is with the reverse camera position which will sit low on the rear bumper when compared to the VX, ZX variants which is fixed under a dedicated slot above the number plate. As per them, it cannot be fixed above the number plate, as there is no cut on the GX Variant. I am only concerned about the visibility or the range that it covers when fixed directly on the bumpers. Moreover, it will be prone to damage very easily in our mad traffic conditions. Rear Bike protector accessory is another option to protect it, but it might obstruct the view of the camera. I guess I will have to explore other options. But the GX Variant comes with parking sensors, so I might just be good with that.
Congratulations!

Please share the details of the reverse camera. I got the Pioneer 5890 installed yesterday but sitting on the fence on the reverse camera. I too didn't want to put it on the bumper. My issue is more with the coverage area than anything else. The OEM factory camera has an awesome field of vision. It covers everything from below the bumper to the whats behind in a distance. Aftermarket ones aren't half good.

Yes, for now I am making do with parking sensors but this car just needs the reverse camera! For now I've chosen to wait till some better option hits the market.

Any help from some of the members here will be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Miharbe..guess what, got a surprise call early today from the dealer, "car allotted come pay for delivery early mid next week" Glad to get it within 24 days of booking, super excited!! Count down begins
Excellent! Congratulations! Going to be very long 3-4 days for you I am sure

Quote:
Also the 16" alloys (on the RHS) one doesnt look that small when compared to the 17".
Are my eyes playing tricks on me I wonder as I can't seem to tell them apart. Is the LHS photo of the alloys of the VX? If yes then it's the same alloy as the GX. I believe only the ZX gets 17 inchers and the alloy design is distinctly different.

Question to the gurus:
What are the options for headlights upgrade? I don't find them inadequate but they could surely be more powerful. The Philips 100/90 and the Osrams are out of the question I was told, as the double barrel lights on the Crysta have different slots for high and low beam hence these bulbs wouldn't be install-able. Are there any HID / Projector options I can consider. Is there a way to retrofit the lights from the VX and ZX?

Last edited by miharbe : 30th May 2016 at 13:37.
Old 30th May 2016, 13:44   #779
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
sitting on the fence on the reverse camera. I too didn't want to put it on the bumper. My issue is more with the coverage area than anything else. The OEM factory camera has an awesome field of vision. It covers everything from below the bumper to the whats behind in a distance. Aftermarket ones aren't half good.
Can't the camera be fixed at the position its on ZX ? I think one would just have to remove one side licence plate light to get the job done. What say ?
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 13:46   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

Please share the details of the reverse camera. I got the Pioneer 5890 installed yesterday but sitting on the fence on the reverse camera. I too didn't want to put it on the bumper. My issue is more with the coverage area than anything else. The OEM factory camera has an awesome field of vision. It covers everything from below the bumper to the whats behind in a distance. Aftermarket ones aren't half good.

Yes, for now I am making do with parking sensors but this car just needs the reverse camera! For now I've chosen to wait till some better option hits the market.

Any help from some of the members here will be much appreciated.

Excellent! Congratulations! Going to be very long 3-4 days for you I am sure

Are my eyes playing tricks on me I wonder as I can't seem to tell them apart. Is the LHS photo of the alloys of the VX? If yes then it's the same alloy as the GX. I believe only the ZX gets 17 inchers and the alloy design is distinctly different.

Question to the gurus:
What are the options for headlights upgrade? I don't find them inadequate but they could surely be more powerful. The Philips 100/90 and the Osrams are out of the question I was told, as the double barrel lights on the Crysta have different slots for high and low beam hence these bulbs wouldn't be install-able. Are there any HID / Projector options I can consider. Is there a way to retrofit the lights from the VX and ZX?
Thanks man look forward to our drive! On tenterhooks now till I get me paws on her!!

Most after market HID's are worthless. Only philips supplied an OE type product at 25k some year ago, was pulled out of market since the cheap useless stuff flooded the market. I am trying to see if there are any unsold and yes discounted units lying with anyone. Are you sure there is no 90/100 bulbs available to go into the independent beams, geese that is depressing as I was going to go to my guy for the standard 90/100 kit - separate harness, relay, and bulbs upgrade my guys stocks. Will check with him and come back to you. I hear form some people that 90/100 are not easily available as they used to. I am doing a complete auxiliary lighting setup like my previous Innova, will give you the low down when we meet.

Last edited by canonball : 30th May 2016 at 13:47.
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks