Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 15:02   #781
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Can't the camera be fixed at the position its on ZX ? I think one would just have to remove one side licence plate light to get the job done. What say ?
I'm not sure where the reverse camera on the ZX is placed. I will try and check it out on the visit to the service centre. For now, none of the after market guys have the license plate reverse camera for the Crysta. If I can get the OEM one it would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Will check with him and come back to you. I hear form some people that 90/100 are not easily available as they used to. I am doing a complete auxiliary lighting setup like my previous Innova, will give you the low down when we meet.
Sure thing! I will need better lights as I finally intend to get some road trips under the belt. Looking forward to the meet and the knowledge download as well

On a side note, the car has done over 500 kms with a large part of the driving done in ECO mode. Mileage hovers between 10-14 kmpl on the MID.

Problem I am facing:
The car veers to the left on a flat road if i let go of the steering wheel. I had the same problem in the Vento as well back in 2010 and that was solved after changing the tyres. I wonder what could the issue he here as I've got the air pressure checked as well!

I have already informed my SA and plan to take the car this week. It's a real bummer and frankly I didn't expect this of Toyota. Tyres are Bridgestone B390 I think.

Last edited by miharbe : 30th May 2016 at 15:12.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:54   #782
Senior - BHPian

First service done at 1800 kms.

So got the first service done today. Took two hours. Toyota is brilliant compared to their calls and appointments and bookings of service etc.

Very friendly staff at their dealerships.

Explained to the GM regarding the tyre burst and very nicely they took photos and sending it to Bridgestone and said tyres are also covered under warranty but to what extent etc cannot be confirmed by him.

Overall Good car. Supremely comfortable to say the least.
vkochar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:14   #783
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
I'm not sure where the reverse camera on the ZX is placed. I will try and check it out on the visit to the service centre. For now, none of the after market guys have the license plate reverse camera for the Crysta.
This is among the things I checked because like you I was also keen to get the camera fitted at the place where its on ZX. Its fixed above the license plate, under the chrome plate/garnish. Usually there are two lights there but on ZX there is one I think, other space is occupied by the camera.

I think a good aftermarket accessories guy should be able to fit it, do check with the good ones around. Let me know if you get positive inputs on this.
Old 30th May 2016, 16:50   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!
Thanks.

Quote:
Are my eyes playing tricks on me I wonder as I can't seem to tell them apart. Is the LHS photo of the alloys of the VX? If yes then it's the same alloy as the GX. I believe only the ZX gets 17 inchers and the alloy design is distinctly different.
My bad. You are right. The one I took is the VX variant. I remember it now. 17" has a different alloy design and now when I compare both, it does look bigger and fills the tyre wall.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-screen-shot-20160530-4.07.11-pm.png

Quote:
What are the options for headlights upgrade? I don't find them inadequate but they could surely be more powerful. The Philips 100/90 and the Osrams are out of the question I was told, as the double barrel lights on the Crysta have different slots for high and low beam hence these bulbs wouldn't be install-able. Are there any HID / Projector options I can consider. Is there a way to retrofit the lights from the VX and ZX?
Disappointing to know that the head lights are not adequate. Can we not manage with the Extreme Vision Lights like the Philips one? I use them on my i10 currently and they perform a better job than the stock ones. Plan to remove them from i10 and use it in the Crysta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Can't the camera be fixed at the position its on ZX ? I think one would just have to remove one side licence plate light to get the job done. What say ?
Quote:
I'm not sure where the reverse camera on the ZX is placed. I will try and check it out on the visit to the service centre. For now, none of the after market guys have the license plate reverse camera for the Crysta. If I can get the OEM one it would be awesome!
See the position of the reverse camera and the slot its fixed in. There is a cut on the metal only for the VX/ZX variants. This is not present on the GX Variant. As told by the accessories guy, if one needs to get the reverse camera for the GX in the same position as VX/ZX, then we need to order a new part which will have this cut and then additional wiring for the same. The cost estimation would come around 20k.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-reversecamera.jpg
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 01:29   #785
Senior - BHPian

Update on the fuel efficiency of the 2.4litre engine:18KMPL

We did our first long road trip in the New Crysta(around 250Kms).
We tried to maintain the RPM around 2000(80KMPH in 5th gear)

The aim was to get the maximum mileage possible in the real world.

The attached image was taken around 173 kms after reset
Drive mode:Eco

We were pleasantly surprised by the super efficient engine (18kmpl) and the smooth ride which can put many expensive cars to shame.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160530wa0113.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st May 2016 at 01:35.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 04:48   #786
Senior - BHPian

Can you please update the FE figure using a full-to-full method?

BTW, is that the Zx or Vx version?
Old 31st May 2016, 09:32   #787
BHPian

is the Crysta on display in any of the dealerships in NCR? I went to Uttam Toyota in East Delhi and they did not have one (bcoz of the NGT ban)
Old 31st May 2016, 11:00   #788
Senior - BHPian

Toyota to launch petrol variant of Innova Crysta around Diwali

Quote:
To resurrect sales in the Delhi-NCR regions after the diesel ban, Toyota is developing a 2.7-litre petrol engine for the Innova Crysta.

The all-new Toyota Innova Crysta has been launched in India with two diesel engine options. But since December the Supreme Court has imposed the diesel ban in the Delhi-NCR region which, in turn, has affected sales of the new vehicle. To make the Innova Crysta available in these regions, the Japanese manufacturer will now be introducing a petrol variant of the same by the festive season of Diwali.
ET Auto
Old 31st May 2016, 12:37   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
is the Crysta on display in any of the dealerships in NCR? I went to Uttam Toyota in East Delhi and they did not have one (bcoz of the NGT ban)
None of them in NCR till last week. Probably by mid-July you can expect them in showrooms.
Old 31st May 2016, 14:17   #790
BHPian

I might sound stupid, however I would be obliged if someone who has taken GX delivery post their ICE installation pics. Thanks in advance !
Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 17:27   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Toyota to launch petrol variant of Innova Crysta around Diwali

ET Auto
The 2.7 litre petrol is not a new engine, it has being doing duty in the Thai Fortuner since several years now.

Are you sure that the Crysta will come with a 2.7 litre engine?
I am asking because the older Innova used to come with a 2 litre engine.

It is a good engine with a decent fuel economy of 12 KMPL
Old 31st May 2016, 17:44   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I enquired last week with Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar, Delhi and they said it could be available after June 24, so asked me to check after that.
SpoiledBratt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 19:19   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
I might sound stupid, however I would be obliged if someone who has taken GX delivery post their ICE installation pics. Thanks in advance !
Just wait for a couple of weeks and you can see lot of them.

When is your vehicle getting delivered?
Old 31st May 2016, 19:24   #794

Hello,

Owing to NGT diesel ban in Delhi and Kerala, is it really worth spending on Innova Crysta?
Anytime they can declare the ban in other states as well. Especially Karnataka, Bangalore.

The vehicle will have to be scrapped after 10 years.
and so my worry is the resale value will be nothing, and no demands.
Old 31st May 2016, 21:32   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkar View Post
Hello,

Owing to NGT diesel ban in Delhi and Kerala, is it really worth spending on Innova Crysta?
Anytime they can declare the ban in other states as well. Especially Karnataka, Bangalore.

The vehicle will have to be scrapped after 10 years.
and so my worry is the resale value will be nothing, and no demands.
I heard that there is an iminent ban in 11 more metros.

Not fair to the manufacturers who have spent millions of Dollars and don't get an heads up about the ban
Closed Thread

Most Viewed