Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:54   #811
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Hi folks, any idea if TeamBHP is planning to come out with an official review of the Crysta? Would like to certainly take a look at it before deciding on the purchase...
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:27   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Hi folks, any idea if TeamBHP is planning to come out with an official review of the Crysta? Would like to certainly take a look at it before deciding on the purchase...
Read GTO's comment here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3972150
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:24   #813
Team-BHP Support

It Appears, Toyota has reduced production of Fortuner drastically, from Discounts of 1-2 Lac couple of months back, it now has a Zero Discount & carry delivery time of 2-3 months for most of the colours unless some dealers have some excess stocks. Most likely they have diverted their production lines majorly to Innova and who knows they might actually pre-pone new Fortuner. Detailed breakup numbers from May sales should confirm this later, Toyota website has no breakup
http://www.toyotabharat.com/news/dist/2016/May-31.aspx

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd June 2016 at 15:26.
Old 2nd June 2016, 16:25   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It Appears, Toyota has reduced production of Fortuner drastically, from Discounts of 1-2 Lac couple of months back, it now has a Zero Discount & carry delivery time of 2-3 months for most of the colours unless some dealers have some excess stocks. Most likely they have diverted their production lines majorly to Innova and who knows they might actually pre-pone new Fortuner. Detailed breakup numbers from May sales should confirm this later, Toyota website has no breakup
http://www.toyotabharat.com/news/dist/2016/May-31.aspx

I read on a 4x4 forum that Dealers aren't accepting Fortuner 4x4 bookings at all. They say the production has been stopped.
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:38   #815
Senior - BHPian

Feedback on Crysta from my relative.

Quote:
Regarding the Crysta, it's definitely a jump (in all the positive aspects) from the previous one.

Dislikes :
1. Insulation of car could have been better
2. The plastics of the console is poor though dash is good
3. Rear View mirror is manual even in top end
4. Steering is heavy. So uncomfortable while parking. They say due to weight of engine and for stability at high speeds. I would have suggested a speed sensitive steering. Secondly such increased weights would resulting in lower mileage of front tyres.
5. Although low beam is Xenon, high beam halogen
6. Music Speakers ordinary

1. Almost everything from the looks, the ambient lighting, etc.
2. Feature of hood door suction closure if partially closed
3. Facility to push the front passenger seat forward from the back seat itself
4. Numerous chubby holes for bottles & charge points
5. Power mode really makes the vehicle rearing to charge on.
6. Very good multimedia system with a good navigation
7. A good informatics display on the car in the dash.
8. Hoping for a reasonable after sales service cost
Low beam, I think he meant LED.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:50   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Met an old friend who happened to work at a Toyota dealership yesterday.

Soon the talk veered to the NGT ban and all when he said that the petrol has already arrived at the dealership and will be launched within a couple of months.

Asked him again if it was Diwali and he said "No, before that, within a couple of months"
Then he went on saying that the petrol is a strong performer than the diesel and all....but I would rather give benefit of doubt regarding that.

He was clueless about the specs, but said that it was 2.7.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 18:18   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Then he went on saying that the petrol is a strong performer than the diesel and all....but I would rather give benefit of doubt regarding that.
Quite likely as even in the previous generation Innova, the petrol variant was more powerful (while diesel being torquey with more lugging ability)
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 00:21   #818
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

So its been 3 days and 400 kms with the truck (yes, this no more feels like an MUV)

The size and road presence is phenomenal. The view from the driving seat is commanding and you can do higher speeds during night drives. The LED light intensity is very much like HIDs. The illumination is A if not A+. The AC is super effective and cools the cabin in no time. I am keeping it at 25 deg c (used to keep 22 in my Verna).

The truck moves from standstill without any throttle input. The 1st gear is short and I see myself shifting to 2nd as soon as I reach 15kmh. During highway drives, you need to make very few gear changes as the vehicle pulls off comfortably from 40 and 60 kmh at 4th and 5th gear respectively. The engine however throws some vibration from 1200-1500 rpm and doesn't sound too comfortable at this range. The engine has that typical Toyota DNA and reminds me my old Qualis in some ways. The car reaches silly speeds in no time! I am sure the XUV won't stand a chance above 100 kmh as the acceleration is super quick even around120 kmh. This kind of acceleration makes it a fast car and a true mile cruncher.

The suspension is less taut than the older version. The ride reminds me of B7R Volvo. It glides over the broken patches and while other cars around you are slowing down you wont feel the need to decelerate for those small potholes. I wish the suspension felt more tight and flat like the old gen though.

The mileage is hovering around 13.5 to 14.5 as per MID. I have used cruise control for 30+kms and it works like charm.

There is some curiosity in people to check this car out. While I was driving on highway speeds with cruise control on a Bmw 320d guy slowed down his car to have a look and was driving around for 3-4 kms and zoomed away. Also a yeti guy did the same! Seems like German users are more interested in this product!

All in all, a nice product and a super all rounder with hardly any drawbacks. However I still think the pricing is on a higher side. In 2009 I was planning for Innova but ended up buying the Hyundai Verna. Reason? The Innova looked pricey! Whenever you are in market for this car, it always feels expensive and a bit out of budget.

One of my architects' engineer said 'Ye to Innova hai, 10 laak ki hongi?' I smiled. 'Sir aap to 15 laak ki City le sakte the'. And then we discussed the drawings.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 4th June 2016 at 00:39.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 05:37   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
So its been 3 days and 400 kms with the truck (yes, this no more feels like an MUV)

The size and road presence is phenomenal. The view from the driving seat is commanding and you can do higher speeds during night drives. The LED light intensity is very much like HIDs. The illumination is A if not A+. The AC is super effective and cools the cabin in no time. I am keeping it at 25 deg c (used to keep 22 in my Verna).
Congratulations on your new prized ownership!
Old 4th June 2016, 05:55   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

He was clueless about the specs, but said that it was 2.7.
A friend told me that the 2.7 is quick in the UAE. It produces 159 bhp and 250 Nm of torque.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 10:44   #821
Senior - BHPian

2000 kms done.

I have been driving this car around now more and more as my daily driver where I need to visit at least seven to eight different places In a day.

I love the sheer presence of this on the road.

It's a very handsome vehicle.

The number of people who look at this car is still amazing as loads of SUV owners want to catch a glimpse of this car from front and from behind. When filling at the station people come and check out the interiors. They ask me how much and I reply 24 lacs and the look disbelieved.

When some of my friends checked it out in the past few weeks all disappointment of the high price tag goes away in a second once they sit inside the car. They then say yes it's a different league altogether.

What Toyota has done is it's taken an all time favourite and given it the interiors to match the big German boys.

I am loving this car more and more.

I am out travelling for ten days out of the country so have parked this beauty and instructed my driver not to touch it.

Just got a cover worth 600 rupees from the local car market which is probably for the older Innova and covered it.

Verna will do the household chores while I am away.
vkochar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 11:48   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Quite likely as even in the previous generation Innova, the petrol variant was more powerful (while diesel being torquey with more lugging ability)
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
A friend told me that the 2.7 is quick in the UAE. It produces 159 bhp and 250 Nm of torque.
Oops, my bad

I had the performance of the 2700cc in the Prado in my mind, so couple that with the obvious dip in FE, i thought the diesels made more sense.

Have to see how they price the 2.7.
Me feel that unlike the usual petrol-diesel pricing, the 2.7 maybe priced bang in between the 2.4D and 2.8D versions.
Old 4th June 2016, 23:25   #823
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Does anyone know for sure if the petrol will also come in AT?

Personally I think there's a space in the market for hybrid petrol (Camry type) vehicles in the MUV / SUV space. If I could buy a Camry segment vehicle that's a 5 seat SUV shape it would probably offer more boot space too.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th June 2016 at 23:30.
Old 5th June 2016, 21:20   #824
BHPian

Visited local Toyota showroom and saw the Innova Crysta for the first time. First impression, indeed very premium looking. Did not take test drive but rather just wanted to see it, as I have read so much about it on this forum. Saw only the Z AT variant, as I am interested in an AT.

The SA told me that the front, Toyota has tried to make it look like an Audi and the interiors + gadgets given are typically found in higher end luxury cars. He said the current wait time was around 2 months and INR 1L was the initial booking amount.

Liked:
• Overall premium feel considering it is a ‘Toyota’, which otherwise is ‘popular’ for bland interiors
• Many bells & whistle that were not there in the earlier Innova Z variant (e.g. 17” Alloys, ambient lighting, 1 touch folding seats, dashboard goodies, cooler glove compartment, 22 cup holders etc.)
• Blue ambient lighting felt nice
• The rear right side 3rd row seat had a chiller cup holder
• I tried getting into & out of the Z variant and it seemed ‘high’, probably due to the 17” alloys, but the view was commanding
• The third row seats felt very comfy with them stretched all the way back in reclining position
• The wood touch panel & steering wheel gave a nice look
• The brown leather seat also looked very nice and ‘different’ compared to what we’ve been used to seeing in other vehicles
• The touch screen was ‘large’ with a CD player and had navigation maps
• The steering also felt ‘rich’ with lots of controls on it which included, cruise, bluetooth for hands-free calls, buttons for toggling thru’ the electronic menu (outside / inside temperature, FE etc.) on the on the central console
• Tray tables for 2nd row passengers is a nice feature
• Hills assist
• The multi-button electronic driver’ seat
• Tilt steering
• The white LED daylight running lights looked cool

Could be better:
• The Z variant cost INR 25L. Price could have been slightly less. But then again it is debatable. For the creature comforts that Toyota is providing in the Z variant probably justified as a segment / variant differentiator
• The height (17” alloys), I thought was a little ‘high’ for people who are short or with knee / back challenges. Then again, the side footboard can be installed as an accessory for additional help getting in & out
• The 3rd row side windows are very small compared to the earlier model. The 3rd row windows could have been larger glass area for more light and better view for the 3rd row passengers
• It would have been nice for Toyota to provide an AT option in the V variant also. Currently it is available in either G or directly in the Z variant
• A sun-roof would have been good to have (like the XUV) for a vehicle in this segment and price range

Wanted to find out more on the 'connected car' feature, but did not get time to discuss this much.

Overall a very impressive MUV by Toyota. Certainly provides all the comforts & luxury if one is willing to pay as much, for the Z variant.
geotracks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:58   #825
BHPian

The launch of Innova Crysta is turning out to be fruitful for Toyota, a 44% growth in sales of Innova Crysta, wow that is a great news.
But the ban on vehicles above 2000cc in Delhi and Kerala will surely effect the sales of Innova.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks