Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 16:29   #841
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Toyota hasn't got the tuning for the Power mode right.
Any specific reason you'd say that Sir? I am pretty happy and content with the way the Power mode works. Infact I'd go a step ahead and say they've really got the tuning right for all three modes. Car is still in running period hence have used the Power mode all of 3 times only but the way she transforms in this mode is something else. The power can be felt not just by the driver but the passengers as well. Really curious on what led you to form your opinion. Not questioning it just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Waiting in Toyota service center to correct a misaligned steering wheel. Next day after delivery.
Mine has a slightly misalinged steering wheel as well as a pull to the left if I let go of the steering on a flat surface. Please let us know what they did as I have an appointment this Saturday for first service as well as fixing this issue.

Congratulations on the car. Wish you many happy miles, looks very classy in white! Please put some pictures of the ICE installation.
Old 9th June 2016, 19:19   #842
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats Sankar! That really makes it a wonderful garage now.
Thanks deetjohn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Congrats Sankar. Can you share details about the stereo system? Make and any pictures if you can share. I need to decide between Blaupunkt and Pioneer.
Sure, i will post the pictures later tonight. I have Kenwood 415BT in mine. Between Pioneer and Blaupunkt i would suggest Pioneer because Blaupunkt is not what it used to be earlier, the Blau was bought out by a Chinese firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Hi Sankar,
Could you please share some interior pics of the dashboard and middle row seats? I haven't got to see the dashboard yet for 2.8GX AT and the interioir colour tone. Also post some snaps of Stereo system and what security system have you got installed?
I have installed the OEM security system, price around 8K. I will post the pics later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I understand, how you would have felt in this :( Hope you get it resolved completely by the time you read this later today.

Thanks for sharing and appreciate being "open". Because, people tend to hide such things when it comes to brands like Toyota !

Prem.
Yes, its not a good feeling having to spend half a day at the workshop unexpectedly and that too with a vehicle taken delivery just the previous evening. But anyway the issue is now resolved, almost perfectly. I can't drive with a crooked steering and a car that doesn't track straight. Its a mental block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Mine has a slightly misalinged steering wheel as well as a pull to the left if I let go of the steering on a flat surface. Please let us know what they did as I have an appointment this Saturday for first service as well as fixing this issue.

Congratulations on the car. Wish you many happy miles, looks very classy in white! Please put some pictures of the ICE installation.
Thanks miharbe.

The steering wheel was crooked to the right when i took delivery yesterday evening. This morning they corrected the steering to the center and we went for a test drive. Now the vehicle goes straight when the steering wheel is centered, as it should be, but when i leave the hands off the wheel it tracks to the left. I was not satisfied and we return to the workshop. Now they do some camber correction and we go for a test drive, the car now tracks to the right when hands are off the wheel. So we return to the workshop and i am starting to lose my patience as its almost 12PM. But fortunately this time the correction works and when we go for a test drive its almost perfect.

I notice that they have not hooked up the wheel alignment things to the wheel when doing the corrections. I ask the SA and he says that they have not yet received the Crysta spec file for the alignment machine.

Anyway now its good. They say that they wil soonl receive the Crysta spec file for the wheel aligner. I will get the alignment checked once again when i go for first service.

Some pics while at the workshop
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_102330.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_111624.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_113902.jpg
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 19:26   #843
BANNED

Engine bay pics

Engine compartment.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_071859.jpg
Valve cover is plastic.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_071911.jpg
AC Compressor. Does ZX have two? Only one in GX.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_072346.jpg
Horns. Will be replacing this with something louder. No extra set.
Intercooler can be seen below.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_071920.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_071925.jpg
Battery. Exide
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_071932.jpg
Chassis ground point, two bolts. Nice.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_072526.jpg

Headlights (not in pics) blubs are HB3 for high beam and H11 for low beam.

Last edited by Sankar : 9th June 2016 at 19:28.
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 20:46   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks deetjohn!

Sure, i will post the pictures later tonight. I have Kenwood 415BT in mine. Between Pioneer and Blaupunkt i would suggest Pioneer because Blaupunkt is not what it used to be earlier, the Blau was bought out by a Chinese firm.
Do you have any idea if stock ICE on 2.8ZX AT can be fitted to 2.8GX AT?
Old 9th June 2016, 22:37   #845
Senior - BHPian

Re: Engine bay pics

Quote:
AC Compressor. Does ZX have two? Only one in GX.
Attachment 1516106
Innova has only single compressor, but dual cooling coil+blower combos for front and rear. I am sure the new one also has the same. Only thing is VX, ZX have automatic control - auto climate temp detection and control over cooling for the rear instead of Manual control for GX variants.

Quote:
Horns. Will be replacing this with something louder. No extra set.
Nothing particular but a generic thought since you have put the desire.
Maybe this is individual choice and we see many making this choice in the forum too. But I seriously don't understand need for louder horns on any vehicle. Till date I have found use of horns sufficient enough to warn others in any traffic situation which I try to keep minimal. If people have to, are inclined to, and are able to heed to horns, they will in any condition at these levels. But I do prefer people someday adopting absolute must principle overseas for honking where you will rarely get to hear them.
parsh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 07:21   #846
BANNED

Headlights. Bulb change is easy when needed- High beam HB3, Low beam H11. No need to take out the light assembly out to change the bulbs like in some cars.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_072157.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Innova has only single compressor, but dual cooling coil+blower combos for front and rear. I am sure the new one also has the same. Only thing is VX, ZX have automatic control - auto climate temp detection and control over cooling for the rear instead of Manual control for GX variants.
Thanks. This pic had me confused. There are two compressors on either side of the engine, so i thought ZX might have two.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...6-dsc04935.jpg

Quote:
Nothing particular but a generic thought since you have put the desire. Maybe this is individual choice and we see many making this choice in the forum too. But I seriously don't understand need for louder horns on any vehicle. Till date I have found use of horns sufficient enough to warn others in any traffic situation which I try to keep minimal. If people have to, are inclined to, and are able to heed to horns, they will in any condition at these levels. But I do prefer people someday adopting absolute must principle overseas for honking where you will rarely get to hear them.
I have not upgraded the horns in my current Skoda and Ex Polo; apart from plugging a second OEM horn (like older Polos) in the Polo I had which came with only horn one from factory. The Innova horns sound meek compared to even the stock horns in Skoda/Polo, so i feel the need of an upgrade. Definitely not putting a second set with relay, instead will upgrade the OEM horns.

Quote:
Do you have any idea if stock ICE on 2.8ZX AT can be fitted to 2.8GX AT?
It should be possible. But they do not sell the ZX stereo as an accessory, probably wait till owners upgrade their ZX stereo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Congrats Sankar. Can you share details about the stereo system? Make and any pictures if you can share. I need to decide between Blaupunkt and Pioneer.
Quote:
Hi Sankar,
Could you please share some interior pics of the dashboard and middle row seats? I haven't got to see the dashboard yet for 2.8GX AT and the interioir colour tone. Also post some snaps of Stereo system and what security system have you got installed?
Front facia with Kenwood DDX415BT
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_211351.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_211409.jpg

Middle row. Back rest can be reclined.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_211443.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160609_211502.jpg

The 8 seater is basically a 7 seater because you can't have three adults sitting in the 3rd row comfortably. Three kids yes, but not adults.

Security system installed is OE accessory, not sure of the brand. The accessory price list is as given below. Prices may vary in your region.
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160607_143038.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 10th June 2016 at 07:38.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 07:26   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7 Petrol Variant’s Production to Begin from July 18.

Toyota Innova 2.7 petrol deliveries will begin from mid-August onwards as the company looks to offset loss of sales due to the Delhi-NCR diesel ban.

http://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-toyo...uly-18-532030/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 09:30   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This pic had me confused. There are two compressors on either side of the engine, so i thought ZX might have two.

In my limited knowledge, the pulleys would be:
1. Crankshaft
2. Tensioner
3. Idler(s)
4. Water Pump
5. Power Steering
6. Compressor - Only one of lower Left/Right Side
7. Alternator/Generator - Red Ring

Others than 6 & 7, I can not tell.

A compressor works in conjunction with the single condenser and rest of mechanical a/c circuit in series. Only the cooling coil and blower combos are in parallel to each other for individual areas but individually in series with rest of mechanical a/c circuit.

Not sure what they have done with Timing Belt, it is not visible in the block. Did they replace it with some hidden Timing Chain? Did you get maintenance schedule and does it have Timing Belt mentioned in service intervals?
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 13:28   #849
Senior - BHPian

So does that make the 7 seater a 6 seater? I dont think so. The third row seats 3 in comfort. Unless bench width has reduced from the previous Innova.

Quote: The 8 seater is basically a 7 seater because you can't have three adults sitting in the 3rd row comfortably. Three kids yes, but not adults.
Old 10th June 2016, 14:00   #850
BANNED

Yes, i guess so. I wouldn't sit in the third row with two similar sized adults. It wouldn't be comfortable. Thats why i chose the 8 seater. To carry 7 in comfort.

I'm sitting in the third row. Enough width to seat another adult, but third would be a squeeze.

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160610_140609.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 10th June 2016 at 14:21.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 14:04   #851
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So does that make the 7 seater a 6 seater? I dont think so. The third row seats 3 in comfort. Unless bench width has reduced from the previous Innova.

Quote: The 8 seater is basically a 7 seater because you can't have three adults sitting in the 3rd row comfortably. Three kids yes, but not adults.
I second Sankar on this. The last row is very restrictive for 3 well-fed adults. Due to lack of a 'very' comfortable under-thigh support, one needs to sit at an angle, that'll eat into the 'plausible' third person space. I would have 6 people sitting in comfort. I don't think the Innova was ever a very comfortable car for 7/8, yes! you can haul them for short durations; but not in utmost comfort, now would you?
methecupid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 14:38   #852
Senior - BHPian

This is precise reason I am dragging my feet on the Crysta. (At least I have narrowed down on the Auto.)

The last row is strictly for 3 kids or 2 adults. If you have a driver for long distance, then effectively it is for a family of 5.

The way I am seeing it, it is a choice between safety & family! Stupid TKL; why they cant have a 8 seater on the Zx or Auto on the Vx is beyond me.

I am simply not able to convince myself that the comforts/ nice thingamies are worth the additional 6 lacs without the 8 seater; nor am I able to say "I need the 8 seater; forget the bells & whistles or safety"
Old 10th June 2016, 22:27   #853
BHPian

Any idea when is the Toyota Innova review from team bhp out ? It's June 10 , can team bhp moderators update ??
Old 10th June 2016, 22:47   #854
BHPian

Thanks Sankar for sharing accessories list.

I see sun roof webasto as option available for 95K. Do we have any pictures of it.

I see only two missing features when compare to XUV, sunroof and tiretronics.

Last edited by niv26 : 10th June 2016 at 22:49.
Old 11th June 2016, 07:14   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Innova horns sound meek compared to even the stock horns in Skoda/Polo, so i feel the need of an upgrade. Definitely not putting a second set with relay, instead will upgrade the OEM horns
Agreed ; the older Toyotas came with the everlasting DENSO horns which sounded sweet yet loud enough.

The best plug and play option would be the Windtone or equivalent which sounds like the horn in VW,Skoda.

If you want to go with the Vibrosonic , you might want to look at a new relay and higher gauge wiring too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed