Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:00   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Just made the booking at Concorde motors Hyderabad .. Booking amount is 11K. They are not sure about the display and Test drive cars
Wow! EcoSport is getting replaced with Hexa? Are we given the version details during booking or that can be decided later after official launch?

Not much confirmed news about bookings here in Kerala yet.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:52   #1502
BHPian

Called up Aadya motors Bangalore to enquire about booking, they told the booking opens from this month end and I was asked not to call till they advertise

Then, I called Concorde motors at Dairy Circle and they have the booking open but not sure how much is the booking amount, I was told that one of their SA will call back.

Edit: Got a call back from Aadya motors, the lady says they have the bookings open and the booking amount is 50K.

Good starting Tata for your premium offering, unless you pull up the sleeves against these kind of dealers, no matter how world class your product is, it is gonna go down the drain.

Last edited by 2500cc : 2nd November 2016 at 10:54.
2500cc is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:52   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
For those who have made the bookings, is there a certain number from TM allotted?? What i meant to ask was, now that few of the folks have made the first bookings, at the time of launch, will they be guaranteed a preferential delivery if they pay the full amount OR i could take a test drive in Dec'16 and pay the full amount in Jan'17 & get a quick delivery jumping the queue?
As per the dealer there is a system in place to give sequential number that will be centrally managed by Tata. They would give that receipt to me today or tomorrow. After I get that receipt from Tata, I would put the details here. The booking done now would be given preference over people who are doing later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Wow! EcoSport is getting replaced with Hexa? Are we given the version details during booking or that can be decided later after official launch?

Not much confirmed news about bookings here in Kerala yet.
Not yet fully finalized. If the pricing of XMT 4X4 pricing goes above 19, then I will go with Endeavor 2.2 4X4 MT. The reason being, overall quality of Endy is much higher than Hexa. Secondly at 24L 4x4 Endy is really VFM. At the time of booking they haven't asked for the version details. They said that they would collect it soon.

Last edited by anumod : 2nd November 2016 at 10:59. Reason: Added another quote
anumod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:50   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Autocar says the booking amount is 5k and all models delivered in January would be 2017 manufactured cars

Quote:
Tata Motors is all-set to launch its Hexa premium crossover early next year. The carmaker has started accepting bookings for the Hexa with the booking amount set at Rs 5,000. Dealers are promising deliveries by end-January 2017. Customers are also being assured that the vehicle delivered will be a "2017 manufactured" unit
Link: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-403167.aspx/2
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:13   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I went to the Concorde Motors in OMR Chennai yesterday and they had no clue as to when the booking will start. They took my number saying that they will get in touch with me the moment they know when the booking commences. If they have commenced the bookings and if some of the dealers are not even aware of the same then there is something amiss with Tata Motors.
Got a call today from the Manager of Concorde Motors OMR Chennai. He said the bookings are open and the amount is Rs 11,000/-. I couldn't talk to him to get further details, since I was boarding a flight. Will meet him on Friday once I am back in Chennai. I was surprised when he also mentioned about my grouse that they had no information. Apart from this forum I have not mentioned this anywhere, which means TATA Motors is constantly monitoring our comments in this thread and that is a good sign.
arulpeem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:33   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Always been a M&M guy (owned Bolero & Scropio in last 10yrs), sold and my scorpio and now looking for new vehicle, XUV (W8) fits my bills except for the luggage space when all 7 seats are in place. M&M is calling me at least 3-4 times a week and is tempting me with good offers. But am waiting for Hexa to launch.

Is it worth waiting for Hexa in terms of cost, reliability ? Should I take the plunge by putting my money on the initial batches ?
Purely going by the recent launches, the Tiago, Bolt and Zest did not have any teething problems. The very fact that Tata are launching this in 2017 is proof that they do not want to keep a foot wrong anywhere. With the Nexon coming up after the Hexa they do not want the Hexa casting a pale shadow on their future SUV

Also, the Hexa is based on the Aria platform and Tata have had the time to iron out the niggles on the Aria chassis and this engine also powers the Storme

Adding all the above up, I think it would be safe to invest in an early batch Hexa. Looks like there would be no nasty surprises for the early birds, also you might be able to take advantage of launch pricing

If you are looking for the Hexa, then the automatic seems to be the sweetest deal.

Last edited by TheARUN : 2nd November 2016 at 12:39.
TheARUN is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:41   #1507
BHPian

Just spoke to Malik Motors, Himayatnagar. They say that bookings are open and the amount is 50k. I asked them to verify as others are accepting booking amount of 11k.
arun_kun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:14   #1508
GTO
Team-BHP Support

To all those who are booking, please ensure that your receipt explicitly mentions 'full refund' in case of a price shocker & subsequent cancellation.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:19   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for taking out time to respond. Now waiting for the test vehicle to arrive at the show room to take it out for a spin and see how is goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Since you are talking about mistrust on the offerings by Tata Motors, better go with the XUV.
I would tend to agree, since the first experience in 2001 itself was real bad and then I have had friends owning Tata, Land Rover & Fiat who had not so pleasant after sales experiences at Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Since you asked this in the Hexa thread, so you might get expected response But for what it's worth, that 'initial batch having niggles' thingy does seem to be sorted to a massive extent by Tata, going by all launches post (and including) the Storme. And since the collective effort on the Hexa seems to equal all products since then, It wouldn't be surprising if this one is pretty niggle free from day one.

The XUV though should be pretty niggle free by now. If the Hexa ends up being around 5-10% better than the XUV(subjective of course), then the XUV 'could' make sense for many. But going by the overall sentiment of the reviews, the gap seems to be wider.

Having driven both Dicor and Scorp I am certain the Safari appeals to me much more. But it's the opposite for many. Guess it will end up the same for these two.
Safari is dated now, and with the JLR experience the Hexa may be relatively niggle free (fingers crossed), but yes the initial few batches may be guinea pigs which will bring out the shortcomings and niggles like those in the XUV after launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
If you have been comfortable with Scorpio, then go ahead with the XUV. You never know what the Tata dealer near you will dish out in terms of overall experience. You will not go wrong with an XUV especially because I am guessing that you have a good rapport with Mahindra ASS by now.
With Mahindra A.S.S. the relationship has been love and hate (complaints gone till Mr. Mahindra himself). Since the expiry of the extended warranty I do the maintenance myself with the help of a neighborhood mechanic but last 3 years have been issue free while the first year was a nightmare with the car spending more at the A.S.S. than with me (drove a replacement Xylo for almost 2 months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
I suggest you wait and test drive the Hexa before deciding. This is the best Tata car ever and is right up there with its competition.
Additionally, please take some time out and visit your nearest / preferred Tata service center and observe the overall service experience.
If you feel it is up to the mark, then it's just the test drive that's between you and your Hexa! 😀
Test drive would be one of the deciding factors however the after sales service of TATA still in my opinion (based on facts) goes back to the days when they only manufactured trucks.
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:37   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Just spoke to Malik Motors, Himayatnagar. They say that bookings are open and the amount is 50k. I asked them to verify as others are accepting booking amount of 11k.
Update: FYI for the one's who are eager: The Sales Rep also stated that he has top end auto variant in his stockyard and I can come and check it out if I want. He said I can also drive it in his stockyard . I will not be able to visit them this week. So interested folks can visit and update us.
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:06   #1511
BHPian

It is launching on the 16th of January.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2016 at 16:09. Reason: Trimming excessive dots....
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:14   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Purely going by the recent launches, the Tiago, Bolt and Zest did not have any teething problems. The very fact that Tata are launching this in 2017 is proof that they do not want to keep a foot wrong anywhere. With the Nexon coming up after the Hexa they do not want the Hexa casting a pale shadow on their future SUV

Also, the Hexa is based on the Aria platform and Tata have had the time to iron out the niggles on the Aria chassis and this engine also powers the Storme

Adding all the above up, I think it would be safe to invest in an early batch Hexa. Looks like there would be no nasty surprises for the early birds, also you might be able to take advantage of launch pricing

If you are looking for the Hexa, then the automatic seems to be the sweetest deal.
Yeah, the vehicles mentioned by you, dont use Dicor engines, my concern with TATA has always been their engines, having read many issues (Timing belt giving up at 30k kms, HVAC issues, turbo issues, etc) on this very same forum, turned me away from the Tata to M&M and owned scorpio for 5 good years before I sold it in August. Makes me wonder is Tata Engineering team so useless that cant fix their engine (Dicor Series) problems even after 10yrs ?

However with so much negativity around I have booked Hexa today since my only requirement is a comfortable & reliable 7 seater, I still have XUV and used Innova in my radar if Hexa doesnt turn out as expected.

Automatics have never excited me, always a manual.
2500cc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:19   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Has there been a crash test of Tata Hexa? I searched Youtube but couldn't find any videos. Does Tata submit all their cars for crash test? On paper, Hexa looks better than all other 3-row SUV/MPV offerings in India. If it does well on the crash test, I would consider buying one.
Tata has got their crash test facility in-house. We got a chance to visit it personally when we had gone for an event at the time of launch of Bolt. I am sure they would have conducted crash tests for Hexa as well. But they may not disclose those videos to any public forum.

If you are looking for the crash test report from NCAP organizations, we may need to wait for it.
driverabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:23   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Any of the Bangalore dealer have Hexa on display? Or expected to show to customers within few days?
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:47   #1515
BHPian

Came across this article on IAB which claims that HEXA might be launched on January 16th 2017

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/11/t...uary-16-246569
GypsyKing_775 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks