Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:22   #1531
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Rear defogger, rear wiper & wash must be available right from the base variant of Hexa as these are very basic requirements. Even a 7Lakh hatch comes with these functionalities. Tata should not deny its Hexa buyers these features.
harimakesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:52   #1532
BHPian

Hi guys. Further to my Inquiries at Concorde Motors, Chennai. I asked a few specific questions regarding the booking and the answers I received are reproduced as it is in quotes.

'' Let me address your queries in order of their appearance as per the previous message:
1. Once the payment is made, we wish to request you to kindly share the transactional details with us so as to generate a receipt of booking. Once the receipt is generated, we will share an image/ scanned copy on your registered mobile number/ e-mail address as desired. 2. The booking amount is currently fully refundable however, please note that the receipt will not carry the same information . 3. Internally, we at Concorde Motors maintain concrete data on bookings made in the event of all bookings made. Since this is a prelaunch booking, the delivery of the selected vehicle post confirmation is done strictly on priority basis which in this case, will be as per the bookings in chronological order. Also, please note that since we are planning on the same via CSD, there maybe delays in terms of receiving updated pricing.
''

With regards to my seeking clarification on pricing of the XT 4*2 Manual, he had the following response.

''Good morning sir. This is Ashutosh from Concorde Motors. Please note that we are eagerly awaiting details on the final pricing and variants available for the all new HEXA. May I recommend that we can proceed with the booking, however, we will share the corrected updates with you once we receive clarity on the final pricing and associated details. ''

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Hunter3077 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:11   #1533
BHPian

Would a large 'govt' like organization like TATA be able to deliver something that stands up to global heavy-weights like Toyota (Crysta), Ford etc. Considering projected pricing between 11-16 lacs, I think the below scenario is the best case.
- May be capture 60-70% of XUV market share. (best case)
- another 10% of Innova market share (doubtful though).
- Then something like 50-60% of top end of Honda BR-V. (best case)

Considering these, and using Sept 2016 sales figures, here is what you get.
XUV sales total- 2695. So 70% is = 1886
Innova sales total- 7300. So 10% is = 730
Honda BRV total- 2193, 50% of top end approx = 400 (assumed #)
So total per month sales for Hexa would be around 3300 +/- 200, per month. This is very optimistic I think.

If you consider the image of TATA vehicle from a durability view, I would think it would drop another 30-40%.

This means around 2100 +/- 100 per month, for may be 6-8 months, till somebody else comes with an equally competitive vehicle. Again very optimistic numbers.

Warning: This is pure back of the envelope calculation based on Sept 2016 numbers.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:42   #1534
BHPian

Received a call yesterday from Tata Motors (number 02067270902) regarding my query about Hexa test drive availability.
The person Asked me which variants in Particular I would like to drive.
My immediate reply was XT & XE (want to try out both of Storme's engines on HEXA) & he was quite confident about both/all variants available for TD.
I found it very surprising,but also doubt, as most showrooms have the Top Spec model for display & TD.
Post that call I got a text message containing a "Unique Code" & "Opportunity ID".
He avoided speaking anything about the prices though.
Anybody else got a similar call?
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:46   #1535
Distinguished - BHPian

Very decent start - 250 confirmed bookings in the first 2 days. (link)
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:56   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Very decent start - 250 confirmed bookings in the first 2 days. (link)
Very decent for the category & the reputation of Tata in it. But nothing will be concrete till the actual launch price.

Hope they have a Safari Owners upgrade plan. Looking at it, I'm sure a lot of Storme & Dicor owner may want to upgrade.
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:04   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyKing_775 View Post
Received a call yesterday from Tata Motors (number 02067270902)
Post that call I got a text message containing a "Unique Code" & "Opportunity ID".
Anybody else got a similar call?
Yes, I too got a call yesterday from the same number and later received an SMS with the Unique code. Waiting for the TD vehicles to arrive now.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:24   #1538
Team-BHP Support

Spoke to call centre. Told them I'm in south Mumbai. She started offering dealership contacts at Borivali, Malad etc (opposite end of Mumbai). I clarified Concorde Worli is closest for me and is like to be contacted by them for hexa TD. She duly noted this request (apparently).

Few days later I got this unique code SMS linking me to wasan motors BORIVALI!! A dealer 30 kms away when I've categorically asked to be connected to one who's 5 kms away. I hope they change things fast at Tatas and the much awaited overhaul isn't a mirage in the desert.
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:20   #1539
Aum
BHPian

Spoke to Concrode SouthEx today, Seems booking is open now with booking amount of 100000/=. I had booked Storme 4x4 in October after waiting on Hexa for 6 months but then came the surprise, behold Hexa is showcased in Hyderabad and gosh what a stunner from Tata’s stable. I decided to wait for Hexa based on initial reviews and was very happy with this decision. Now that bookings are open, what should be next step, that I go ahead and do a booking but no Tata added one line in the specifications which for me is a deal breaker, which is “MT 4x4 only comes in 6 seater options”. This looked like a story too good to believe since beginning and finally after waiting for 7 months I still am undecided. Tata you had to do this.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:38   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
Spoke to Concrode SouthEx today, Seems booking is open now with booking amount of 100000/=. I had booked Storme 4x4 in October after waiting on Hexa for 6 months but then came the surprise, behold Hexa is showcased in Hyderabad and gosh what a stunner from Tata’s stable. I decided to wait for Hexa based on initial reviews and was very happy with this decision.
I am also booking at Concorde. The sales rep is asking to do a neft and mail him my docs. Basis which he will send the receipt on mail. He said 6-7 people have booked so far. Lets see now.
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:37   #1541
BHPian

All along I strongly feel that TM is losing the plot somehow. I do not understand their mindset & whoever is advising them on the launch strategy has got this completely wrong. What have these guys been smoking??? bookings open without a damn poster on display too. I can clearly draw parallels to the Etios booking & am short of words to describe the herd mentality when it comes to Toyota. This old TBHP thread describes this better.

I for one, have made myself clear that i will book only post a TD. Something in me says that i should pick a Storme 4x4 instead (19 big ones in bangalore, there could be some discounts though). The features/ interiors could be a turn on for Hexa, it however though depends on experiencing what "Hexa cannot do that a Storme can do"
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 07:38   #1542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Very decent start - 250 confirmed bookings in the first 2 days.
I hope it isn't a repeat of Nano story. A small token booking amount may not exactly convert into an actual booking once the prices are announced.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 08:47   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Frankly my only concern is Warranty.

What it'll take from them to give better warranty is : better control over service center operations. Resultingly, a good & fair service experience will become uniform. Believe me, that's what we *should* want. Price is almost secondary.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 4th November 2016 at 08:59. Reason: Removed OT stuff
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:53   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Frankly my only concern is Warranty.

What it'll take from them to give better warranty is : better control over service center operations.
The warranty and AMC seem to be similar to the storme i.e 150000km/3years standard and the 4th year as extended warranty. Regarding service experience there are going to be handled by a designated team at the workshop. There may be dedicated service bays to give priority service to HEXA customers. But the complete clarity will come closer to the launch.
Some hints were given by Mayank Pareek in his interview to Autocar India.

I feel Tata will start these initiatives in the major metros as well as with dealers with higher sales volume from SUVs.

Last edited by damodar : 4th November 2016 at 10:02.
damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:55   #1545
BHPian

In the Hexa website, they mention Optional AWD for XT (Automatic) - is this true? Did not see any mention of this in reviews
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks