Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 22:10   #1576
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Not a single quality auto component supplier here?
I guess the list is only partial and highlights the global suppliers. I am sure the percentage of components sourced locally would heavily outnumber those being imported. The pricing for Hexa would otherwise shoot through the roof.

Quote:
Also shows how far India has to go to succeed in 'Make in India'
The country indicates the HQ (?) of respective companies and not necessarily the origin of components. For eg., SABIC is based out of Saudi Arabia but the plastics being used might be sourced from factory in India owned by SABIC. Similarly, Tata has a JV with Toyo, Tata Toyo, manufacturing radiators in Pune itself. I am pretty sure that radiators come from next door rather than Japan.
ksameer1234 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 23:27   #1577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
Ohh, going by RavenAvi's post, does it mean that the customers would need to buy the tyres only from Tata authorised service centers? Also, could we hope to get those tyres at a reasonable price?
19-inchers might be expensive, but I am sure they will be available outside.

16-inchers are quite commonly available.

Quote:
@RavenAvi : Also shows how far India has to go to succeed in 'Make in India'. Not a single quality auto component supplier here? TVS / Sundaram had a great early start decades ago but have not been able to keep up with the world.
+1 to what ksameer1234 said above.

This is a list of global vendors who contributed those specific sourced parts for the Hexa. I am sure a more lengthier list could be made of all the Indian vendors, who supplied plenty of locally made parts as well. I bet that Tata Motor's QC team would have gone through all of them with a keen eye before approving them for the Hexa's production models.

Judging by how their quality has improved by leaps and bounds since the Zest, I am sure Hexa will be another premium, high quality product from the Tata stable.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 01:18   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post

Makes me wonder, how a car showroom can be closed on a Sunday, when a majority of prospective customers like me have a day off from work.

Nothing surprising here. Most of the showrooms are closed on Sunday.

In fact, when Tiago was launched, the showrooms were open on Sundays too albeit with lower staff support. I remember visiting Prerana Lalbagh Showroom on a Sunday.

Probably, the Hexa is not yet on display at Concorde Motors!
Old 7th November 2016, 12:27   #1579
BHPian

Yesterday I got a call from Tata Customer Care saying that they are calling me to arrange the test drive for the car. BUt haven't said a specific date. They said that as soon as possible they would revert us back. Has anyone of us got similar call?
Old 7th November 2016, 14:52   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
@RavenAvi : Also shows how far India has to go to succeed in 'Make in India'. Not a single quality auto component supplier here? TVS / Sundaram had a great early start decades ago but have not been able to keep up with the world.
Off topic for sure, still:

Ever heard of Tata Autocomps? Tata has/ had a joint venture with at least one major Tier 1 supplier for a given component (or packages). E.g.: Toyo is Tata Toyo in India and the list goes on.

Also many of the listed companies have a direct or indirect presence in India & that too multiple cities. Some of them even have Engineering design teams here (Lear in that list definitely has).
vinjosep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 15:48   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have booked Hexa XT 4x4 Silver Color @ Tafe Reach, Pallikarani, Chennai by paying Rs. 11000 and tentative delivery on 2nd week of Jan 2017.
Test drive & display vehicle will be available from last week of Nov 2016, mostly price will also be revealed by that time.
Let's wait for the final OTR and decide the variant.
Old 7th November 2016, 19:00   #1582
Distinguished - BHPian

Living the night life with the Hexa, as demonstrated by this "Hexapool Karaoke" video by the Rock On 2 starcast.

Keep an eye out for the fabulous lit-up tail light sections, the DRLs + foglamps, illuminated key hole (at the very beginning), shifting through the Drive modes, etc.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th November 2016 at 19:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 20:44   #1583
BHPian

No joy. They have a whole musical concept to play with (wrt Rock On movie) to build good content & create a rhythm. Where are those early 2000 Tata Safari-like Ads ?

They should formulate something that expresses the brand, the attitude that they believe the HEXA & Tata Motors exudes. Something deep, with an inspiring concept like how M&M made the "Live Young, Live Free" video for their brand.

I find the video weird (like rubbing on our faces, the fact that they've been paid to do this) and inorganic (these are trained actors, and the video isn't convincing or isn't directed properly). C'mon, don't you'll think Tata can do with better content than this, to suit a brand-narrative ?
WorkingGuru is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 20:51   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

I find the video weird (like rubbing on our faces, the fact that they've been paid to do this) and inorganic (these are trained actors, and the video isn't convincing or isn't directed properly). C'mon, don't you'll think Tata can do with better content than this, to suit a brand-narrative ?

This is not an official Tata Hexa advertisement. It's just a joint collaboration with Rock On 2 movie. Just a promotional act.
Let's reserve our comments for the official advertisement whenever it is played out!

By the way, the video is sub standard and inspires absolutely nothing and no one :(
balajisv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 20:57   #1585
Team-BHP Support

Given how much is riding on Hexa's success for Tata Motors, I'd expect they'll need something similar to the legendary 'Reclaim Your Life' ad campaign. Would be great if they can rope in folks who did JLR's recent stuff.

The promotional content with the 'Rock On' cast falls absolutely flat, which is a shame given some of the actors involved.
Old 7th November 2016, 21:09   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

gearshift is german, so there are 5 related gear shift suppliers. Rest are mostly all cosmetic parts.

Rear window curtain, drive control switch, infotainment, seating system, tail lamps, glasses, USB, In mould decoration, soft touch paint, exterior plastic parts all form cosmetics and user interactive systems to enhance user perception of quality. These are not integral to the machine as such.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 12:06   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

This is how the Hexa will look on our normal, everyday, busy roads.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14925735_1095528890559809_990237568732048953_n.jpg

Taken in Mumbai by Jagdish Peshwani yesterday.

RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 13:43   #1588
Senior - BHPian

In the above Rock On video - I see that none of them are wearing seat belt

Here is another one

Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 14:00   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Rock On 2 promo video is lamest excuse in the name of promotion. It looks forced and the actors lack enthusiasm. While the tail lights are gorgeous, the whole thing could have been executed in much better way. I am sure many of you would remember the title track of Dil Chahata Hai and the beautiful 300 SL featuring in it. Anything similar would have been awesome.

In the pic shared, Hexa seems to amazing road presence. While there has been a lot of discussion regarding those beautiful 19-in alloys and their futile existence on MUV, those wheels add a character to the vehicle. Again, my view based on the looks only and not considering practicality. Yesterday I saw a Crysta with 17-in wheels and it looked like the car was running on it's wheels (too low profile for a MUV). The same is not the case with Hexa where the sheer size of those wheel wells mask those 19-in wheels very well. They should jut out a bit more from the wheel wells.

All-in-all, a Hexa in black looks like one of SUVs/vans used by FBI or convoys of high-profile individuals or gangsters.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 15:01   #1590
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
Ohh, going by RavenAvi's post, does it mean that the customers would need to buy the tyres only from Tata authorised service centers? Also, could we hope to get those tyres at a reasonable price?
19" tyres would be expensive irrespective of where you get them from. 18-20" is an expensive affair. You are looking at roughly 60-100K for a set of 4 depending on the brand and where you get them from. 75-80K is likely to be the sweet spot.

But this is not a problem specific to TATA, when one buys something exclusive the prices are accordingly exclusive.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks