Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2016, 14:56   #1621
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
The XTA and the 4x4 still have only the 6 seater option (as per the variant wise spec sheet and the website too). The other spec sheet says XT has both options, weirdly contradicting. Hope they get this sorted
Not very sure, Arizona blue version which was in media drive was 4x4 and it had 7 seater arrangement.

Last edited by Black_Beast : 13th November 2016 at 14:59. Reason: Color
Old 13th November 2016, 15:33   #1622
BHPian

Finally after almost 18 months of multiple evaluations and test drives and driving my wife nuts discussing cars, I booked a car without a test drive

Made the booking for a Sky Grey 4x2 XT 7 seater variant at Arya (ANR) Motors Gurgaon. The dealer will give a test drive in 1st week of December. I wonder why not in November. Delivery will happen in the second half of January. The sales rep told me I am number 28 in the booking list but obviously I didn't get any proof of that.

Booking amount of 11k paid by cheque is fully refundable. Incase there are surprises with the product and/or pricing.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ciao!

Last edited by deevee : 13th November 2016 at 15:37.
deevee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 10:41   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Clicked pictures of this test vehicle between Kotagiri & Ooty on 14th Aug, sorry for posting it late
This camouflaged side profile of the Hexa looks so much like the Aria! Looks like they have used some common tools between the two, hope this only leads to some cost savings passed on to the end buyer!
Old 14th November 2016, 10:43   #1624
BHPian

A very close friend who is into construction business, booked an XTA Hexa last week at Concorde Motors Baner. And that is after having considered the new Fortuner which he out rightly disliked and hence rejected it,Regarding Endeavour he has his doubts with A.S.S. as he had owned a Fiesta earlier.

I showed him a couple of you tube videos of Hexa and he was sold on it, could not believe its a Tata, but then again his first car bought ever was a a humble Indica V2.

Regards,
Rohan.
rosaf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 13:06   #1625
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
This camouflaged side profile of the Hexa looks so much like the Aria! Looks like they have used some common tools between the two, hope this only leads to some cost savings passed on to the end buyer!
I initially thought it was a facelift version of Aria before it stuck me that it is the upcoming Hexa.

With Innova Crysta prices are north bound, I guess Tata Motors has an excellent opportunity here if they could position this product perfectly in terms of pricing.
Old 14th November 2016, 21:14   #1626
BHPian

OT?
Samsung to Buy U.S. Auto-Parts Supplier Harman for $8 Billion. Hoping above decision plays no influence on pricing of Hexa or further delay.

Last edited by Black_Beast : 14th November 2016 at 21:16. Reason: added OT?
Black_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 22:33   #1627
BHPian

I read in autocar professional that the Hexa will be priced in the 16 to 18 L range.
That's XUV challenger right there. But not competitively priced vs the XUV ..
Old 15th November 2016, 13:46   #1628
BHPian

One of the most sensible and honest review of Tata Hexa by Rohit Patankar from Overdrive. The video also has excerpts from Tim Leverton and Mayank Pareek. A must watch for prospective Hexa buyers.

PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:11   #1629
BHPian

So half of November has gone by, and the Tata dealerships still have no idea when they will get the Hexa for a test drive. They only say 'November'. They also don't know when they will announce the pricing. At least ANR Motors Gurgaon has no clarity on when they will get to show the car.

They do know about the Mistry-Board-Tata shakeup though. what a waste.
Old 15th November 2016, 16:18   #1630
Senior - BHPian

As per various posts here Hexa is expected for test drive by fourth week of this month, pricing announcement is in Jan'17. Why there is a confusion?
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:22   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
As per various posts here Hexa is expected for test drive by fourth week of this month, pricing announcement is in Jan'17. Why there is a confusion?
Because that is not the information that the dealer gave. The dealer expected the car to be in sometime in the second week, but wasn't sure. They're still not sure. Similarly, there is no date for price announcement.
Old 15th November 2016, 17:32   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Because that is not the information that the dealer gave. The dealer expected the car to be in sometime in the second week, but wasn't sure. They're still not sure. Similarly, there is no date for price announcement.
The price announcement always happens with the launch of the product. So if it is scheduled to launch in January, expect the price to be revealed at that time only.

As per the test drive and display vehicles, agree with you that it was supposed to have reached showrooms by now. I am also waiting for the display vehicle, wanting to gauge how much they have improved over the Aria. I have a 2011 make Aria with 1.26 lakh on the odo.
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 18:49   #1633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So half of November has gone by, and the Tata dealerships still have no idea when they will get the Hexa for a test drive.
Quote:
The dealer expected the car to be in sometime in the second week, but wasn't sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
As per the test drive and display vehicles, agree with you that it was supposed to have reached showrooms by now.

Had posted this earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Cars for test drives will reach dealerships by November 17th.
Bet most of you will start receiving calls from Nov 18th onwards.

BTW, a silver XT has already reached the nearest dealership.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th November 2016 at 18:53.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 19:24   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Trivandrum Motors today with my buddy to enquire about the Hexa, especially about the 4x4 auto variant, since he very much wants it.

The SA said it would be only launched by 2018, but two TD vehicles (a manual and an auto) will be coming by the last week of November and they had deposited the money for the same.
Old 15th November 2016, 21:06   #1635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Went to Trivandrum Motors today with my buddy to enquire about the Hexa, especially about the 4x4 auto variant, since he very much wants it.

The SA said it would be only launched by 2018, but two TD vehicles (a manual and an auto) will be coming by the last week of November and they had deposited the money for the same.
TATA has not announced anything on the 4x4 auto variant at all. So take the news from SA with a pinch of salt.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed