Team-BHP - Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172943-tata-hexa-auto-expo-2016-a-111.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4094485)
Just hope TATA sponsors a good health check for the strays too, before handing them over to the new parents!

I doubt this would be from TATA. Probably they might have partnered with an NGO and have a stall/section at the place. Probably would get counted into their CSR

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 4094095)
What if you end up falling up in love with the Safari?? Believe me, its gonna be a lot of fun & you, in my opinion will be able to judge this better once you drive the Hexa too.

For me, i am totally biased with the safari, for having been driving it for 8 years now. Heart says upgrade to safari 4x4 (every 1 in the family too is of the same opinion). However, mind says to wait for the Hexa TD.
[/url]

As a guy who has spent over 225,000 kms in earlier versions of Safari (and spend a few days with the new Storme as well) and Aria (Hexa Parent) I would suggest you wait for the Hexa. It will be found to be leagues ahead of the Storme in almost all ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 4094546)
It will be found to be leagues ahead of the Storme in almost all ways.

Hexa is no doubt in a different league - this is a no brainer. While my requirement is 4x4, i have my own doubts as to how Hexa will fare over the Safari.

Will anyone know what will be the approach/ departure angle for the Hexa?? I read somewhere that for safari it is 31 degrees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 4094095)
Folks register yourselves for the Hexa experience at your City - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/hexaexperiencecentre

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4094219)
Dates & venues:

25th - 27th Nov 2016 = NCR
23rd - 25th Dec 2016 = Bangalore
6th - 8th Jan 2017 = Chennai
20th - 22nd Jan 2017 = Hyderabad

If you are selected to be a part of the Hexa Experience in your chosen city, you will get an e-invitation like this (thanks to Varun Chauhan):

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-15094453_583248321882756_1411006749672187927_n.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 4094623)
Will anyone know what will be the approach/ departure angle for the Hexa?? I read somewhere that for safari it is 31 degrees.

Closest info I could find (link):

Quote:

Hexa can tilt up to 22 degrees without toppling over. Approach and departure angles are slightly less than that of Safari Storme.

I have registered for the Hexa experience at Chennai and got a SMS from TATAHEXA with an unique reg code "H100XXX".
It needs to be shown at the registration desk when we visit the venue.
Awaiting eagerly the Hexa Experience.

With these Tata Hexa Experience dates have come out, is it an indication that the launch would be further delayed. Or is it like a boot camp like Fortuner or Endeavour ..

What is surprising is that Mumbai and Pune are not even on the list. Maybe they would include these two cities in the next batch, but it is still surprising for me.

I see no reason why they cannot include these cities in the plan, as not including them means that they haven't even decided on dates etc. This experience event needs to be like a big-bang across the country, so in my opinion, they should also consider overlapping dates across cities. The current plan is spread across too long a timeline I feel, and it's sequential which means that if they are going to launch in January-mid, by that time the event would have taken place in Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore only.

Which means that the planned event in Hyderabad would probably have not taken place by the time of the launch, and Mumbai and Pune are not even being considered. There are so many other Tier-1/2 cities which they need to also consider besides Mumbai and Pune so seems like a plan which needs some more maturity.

A little aggression in the coming two months till mid-Jan is needed to make an impact I feel.

Even today when we tell people that we bought the Tiago, we get questions like what's that? Which brand's car is it? And when we say that it's a Tata, we see people being surprised to know that Tata has launched a new car. So considering that the SUV segment is anyway lesser in number than the hatch-back segment, more marketing events are needed.

TML, are you reading this?

Saw the Hexa in flesh today parked near my office. It was a XTA variant and looked really well. The tyres and alloys were excellent and really helped improve the overall look of the car. The interiors too looked neat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4094233)
Surprised and disappointed to see nothing for Mumbai/Pune :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni (Post 4094851)
What is surprising is that Mumbai and Pune are not even on the list. Maybe they would include these two cities in the next batch, but it is still surprising for me.

On 20th November (Sunday), the Tata Hexa will be a part of the Rotary Centennial Race which is being conducted by Rotary District 3142, 3132 and 3060 at Mahalaxmi Race Course, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, from 10:30 AM.

Detailed programme:

Quote:

*"Rotary Centennial Race "*
*100 years of doing good in the world ….. ,*
*A Rotary District 3141 mega event co hosted by Dist 3142 , 3132 and 3060*
*Here are few important details :*
*Date : 20th Nov , 2016 / Sunday*
*Venue : Mahalaxmi Race Course , Mahalaxmi , Mumbai*
*Gates Open : 10.30 am.*
*Ample parking space available / No valets. Kindly do not leave valuables in your car.*
*Entry Ticket Charges : Rs 500 only.*
*Same can be purchased trough your club president or on* *www.bookmyshow.com.*
*This is only an entry charge , you may kindly purchase coupons at counters at the venue by paying via credit / debit card or with new currency notes.*
*Considering the current currency issue , we shall be able to give you refunds only in your M-wallet ( Reliance Money ) which is a very popular digital currency.*
*The day program is as follows :*
*11.30 am : Opening acts by Bollywood contemporary singer Madhumita*
*12.00 noon : Raffle 1*
*12.30 pm : Opening ceremony by synchronised with hugely popular performance of Power Bokers*
*1.00 pm : Raffle 2*
*1.30 pm : A riveting Electro Sufi performance by celebrity singer Shahid Mallya*
*2.00 pm : Raffle 3*
*2.30 pm : Unveiling / Setting of new Guinness Record in a glittering musical power packed ceremony*
*3.00 pm : Raffle 4*
*3.30 pm : Talent Hunt / Gini Jony fashion show finale ( the 1st segment shall be done at 1.30 pm also )*
*4.00 pm : Raffle 5*
*4.30 pm : Percussionist act by world renowned artists*
*5.00 pm : Raffle 6*
*5.30 pm : Rotary Queen*
*6.00 pm : Raffle Jackpot ( Rs 7.5 lacs ) …*
*6.30 pm : Closing ceremony*
*RACES :*
*Races shall tentatively being at 1.30 pm.*
*There shall be 7-8 races / 1 race every half hour.*
*Exact schedule shall be released by on Saturday evening.*
*6 races have been sponsored by Rotary Clubs of Dist 3141 and*
*The Million race is sponsored by R/Ann Niranjana & Rtn Sharad Shah*
*FLEA MARKET :*
*A 100 store flea marketing vending the finest n exclusive clothing , jewels , footwear , accessories , household items , paintings etc ...*
*FOOD :*
*A lavish gourmet spread of over 100 items shall be laid out by the award wining chefs of INDIGO ( One of Mumbai’s most popular fine dine restaurant )*
*FRUIT-A-PEEL :*
*Enjoy fresh , clean , hygienic , delicious n healthy array of hand picked fruit platters at the the International chain Fruit-A-Peel*
*KIDS ZONE :*
*Video games , board games , tattoos , arts , crafts , performances to keep our young guest mesmerised all day ...*
*STAR RAFFLE :*
*Only 1500 tickets of Rs 1000 being sold.*
*Each ticket entitles you to a free voucher of Rs 750 from IXIGO , Rs 500 from Gini Jony ( 1st 900 raffles ) and Rs 200 from Beer Cafe.*
*Over 100 prizes worth Rs 5,000 each*
*A jackpot of Rs 7.5 lacs*
*TATA HEXA :*
*We are proud to be associated with TATA Motors who are launching TATA Hexa , their top of the line SUV at the event. Special arrangements have been made to give you a memorable SUV experience at their customised test tracks at the event.*
*DRESS CODE :*
*For Gentlemen :*
*Jackets or Safari Suits or Shirt with tie / scarf or national dress ( All with appropriate footwear )*
*For Ladies :*
*Formal or Smart casuals or Indian ( All with appropriate footwear )*
*Guests are requested to be dressed in conosance with the decorum & ambience of the member’s enclosure of RWITC*
*Bermudas / shorts , banyans , round neck T shirts , baseball caps , chappals , sneakers etc shall not be allowed*
*MOBILE PHONES :*
*Not allowed. Kindly deposit at the entrance.*
*RWITC is very strict on this count / they charge a penalty of Rs 20,000 if patrons are found using a cell phone.*
*We look forward to welcoming you.*
*DG.Pramod Parikh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4094997)
On 20th November (Sunday), the Tata Hexa will be a part of the Rotary Centennial Race which is being conducted by Rotary District 3142, 3132 and 3060 at Mahalaxmi Race Course, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, from 10:30 AM.

Here's the official banner:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-img_0299.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4094485)
I LOVE the last point - adopting a pet. Brownie points for the one who gave this idea. Just hope TATA sponsors a good health check for the strays too, before handing them over to the new parents!

TATA Motors has a full fledged kennel and grooming center for pets in its Lake House in Pimpri, Pune. Employees can adopt/buy these pets (mostly dogs) from the Lake House.

So I am sure there must be certain parameters or a checklist that has to be adhered to, before handing them over to the new parents.

I wish other cities including some Tier-II cities had the Hexa Drive Experience event which is now just restricted to few major cities. But TML may display the Hexa in various malls and may organize test drives at IT Companies and SEZs like they did with their previous launches.

On a lighter note, I was just thinking that Tata's are just not able to catch a break. After all the build up excitement and a general feel good factor about the Hexa, the recent notes ban is going to hurt its numbers. Would a further delay possible help them now?

Not sure what is wrong with Tata Motors. I went to their Baner showroom yesterday. Surprised, the sales lady has no clue on when we can expect to see the vehicle in flesh, let alone having a test ride. She just took my number and promised me to call back once demo vehicle is there. Being aware of their call back agility, experienced while I was out shopping for my Safari, I doubt if they really give a damn for their prospective buyers. Or has these guys improved with their customer relationship in last three years? Doubt though.

Latest update from the birdies regarding the TD vehicles:

The Nov 17th consignment of TD cars has been delayed.
Tata is working on tweaking the low-end torque of MT variants before full-fledged production begins, as per feedback received.
TD cars in AT will reach dealerships by end-Nov.
TD cars in MT are expected to reach dealerships by the end of the first week of Dec.

More info as and when I receive them.

Mod Note: Our Hexa Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Guys I just saw the Hexa today at Indiabulls Finance Centre here in Mumbai, was just out for lunch and when I got back woah parked right inside the building soaking the sun! Didn't take any pictures had left the phone for charging on my desk.

It was the XTA version and my, it looks great! Seriously something great that Tata has done with it. The interiors look very rich and it was the 7 seater version! So looks like there may just be one even in the XTA variant. Sure hope so!

Cheers