Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 22:03   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
You like the Crysta please buy it. Why spend time and energy on comparing with a product which has not yet been released? Let Hexa be released then one can compare. There is no use predicting the lower sales, bad service of Hexa compared with Toyota. Thanks.
Very well said. I don't know why some people go so much gaga over Innova which is nothing but a people mover and is predominantly a cab. And what a drab looking one! Even the Crysta. Front is aggressive but move to side and back and it looks so out of proportions and hideous. People would call Mahindra Nuvosport ugly. But ask them about Innova and they would say , "looks are subjective". Funny indeed. Coming to Hexa, I wish them all the good luck with their new line-up. But they need to act fast and launch before more newer cars show up to spoil their party.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 10:04   #212
Senior - BHPian

When it comes to looks Hexa wins by a big margin, even with Aria side profile. Spotted a Crysta on road few days back and it looked like a big van/boat.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 17:44   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Please read my whole post carefully once again. Not once have I defended the way the Hexa was driven.
The test mule driver was driving at high speeds, YES. But normally test mule drivers don't drive their cars in such a manner unless they were instructed to do so. Considering that the test mule was carrying passengers, it's a given deduction that the driver was under orders.
Also, we have only a part of the test mule's entire journey on video. Maybe they slowed down to normal speeds once this part of their testing was over. How do we know that? We can't infer a lot of assumptions based on a 43-second video alone.
I didn't mean to crucify the driver. It is quite irrelevant whether the driver was instructed to drive like this or not. If they really need to run some illegal speed tests, even then it is not fine to drive like that. I didn't assume that rash driving would have continued for the whole journey. Irrelevant whether they slowed down after this or not.

It is you who made assumptions based on a person you could identify in the rear seat that the driver was under orders. I didn't make any assumption looking at that 43s video. Rash driving on public roads is unsafe and illegal. There is no assumption is saying this. It is evideng from the video. If I drive a Ferrari like that, one could appreciate the way it sticks to the road but it must be condemned.

I got an impression that you defended the rash driving based on the post I quote below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sufficient gap between the test mule and the Swift/bikes, judging from the fact that neither the test mule nor the other vehicles needed to brake even once and none of the other drivers fidgeted that much from such a huge vehicle flying past them.
If you didn't mean to defend the driver or such driving, and you too condemn such acts of illegal, unsafe driving, I apologise for saying that you meant to defend it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 13:54   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
Lots of excitement for the Hexa, but the late release is resulting in my family running out of patience. I'm fighting a losing battle to stop them from getting the Crysta. We received word from a dealer that they're awaiting something called a road license. If it's obtained soon, they will launch in July otherwise it'll be postponed to September.
This is a new one. I was talking to a friend of mine in TML and asking about the launches of the Hexa as well as the Ingenium (diesel)-equipped Jags. Admission: He is not directly on any of these projects - is in a different role, but has some knowledge based on what he hears. His take was that Hexa would be late in the year, largely because of the Tiago launch and the constraints on the lines etc. They are apparently trying to move it forward as much as possible, but September seems much more likely - and it could be later too.

As an aside, my wife too was keen on the Crysta but I've refused that completely. The vehicle is just not worth the money in my opinion. The Hexa offers a lot more. I also (as a management consultant) know people who have test-driven the Hexa. Both of them (one owns an Innova) were blown away by the performance and have advised waiting for it regardless of what Toyota has to offer. I'm therefore going to wait it out. No point rushing a decision like this just for a couple of months - specially not for an Innova.
imidnightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:24   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
The Hexa offers a lot more. I also (as a management consultant) know people who have test-driven the Hexa. Both of them (one owns an Innova) were blown away by the performance and have advised waiting for it regardless of what Toyota has to offer. I'm therefore going to wait it out. No point rushing a decision like this just for a couple of months - specially not for an Innova.
There is more to ownership experience than just performance. It is highly recommended to wait for at least an year after launch, to buy any vehicle produced by an Indian manufacturer. Failure to follow this rule would most likely lead to, other BHPians watching you more often on a thread that would be named - "Niggles, problems and their solutions in tata hexa", cursing your decision to buy a tata product.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 15:37   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
As an aside, my wife too was keen on the Crysta but I've refused that completely. The vehicle is just not worth the money in my opinion.
Very well said. We should not encourage over-priced cars. Otherwise, their greed just gallops out of control and their competiotors , too , raise prices and we end up paying more. Two of the cars I see highly over-priced today are Innova Crysta and Creta. MUL has learnt its lesson hard way with its S-Cross pricing fiasco. It's about time Toyota and Hyundai learnt it, too. As for Creta, I'm sure once Brezza hits full production, Creta will find the going tough. I pray Hexa does this to Crysta, too. But I know it's impossible. For one, Tata really screwed up in intial years and two, cabbies have taken in millions to Innova and they are least adventuring buyers.
Old 26th May 2016, 19:02   #217
Senior - BHPian

Even at the risk of sounding like an insensitive moron, I would like to say that these kinds of maneuvers are dime a dozen on our highways.

Not that I support reckless driving. I am just saying what I see daily.
Old 28th May 2016, 08:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Any idea why they are made to do this on public roads instead of testing grounds ?

They may be experienced, but the cars are on test, suppose something goes wrong then they are putting the lives of other road users at stake as well. Also don't they face problems with the cops or highway authorities when driving like this ?

Just asking as you are friends with a test driver.
AFAIK those were real world tests so no point doing it on tracks.

90% of test mules are driven sedately.
Their Accident ratio is very less as most of them are driven 2~3L km each & very few of them are involved in accident.

I think those vehicles must be insured for the loss of others properties/lives (just a guess) & are subjected to rules & regulations just like normal vehicles.

BTW he is not a test driver, he is engineer working for GB manufacturer.

Last edited by jeepster : 28th May 2016 at 08:20.
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 17:21   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
BTW he is not a test driver, he is engineer working for GB manufacturer.
TML makes its own manual gear boxes. So do you mean to suggest that particular Hexa mule was running an automatic transmisson? Which unit is it? When the Aria Automatic was showcased in 2014, there was talk of the unit being from GM. But now, TML may well have aligned its autobox purchase with JLR to get it from ZF, the way Mahindra has combined with Ssangyong to get the AISIN unit at more reasonable prices.
Old 29th May 2016, 11:45   #220
BHPian

Quote:
You like the Crysta please buy it. Why spend time and energy on comparing with a product which has not yet been released? Let Hexa be released then one can compare. There is no use predicting the lower sales, bad service of Hexa compared with Toyota. Thanks.
If we are not to compare to try & understand what the Hexa could be like, almost half the posts on this thread would fall into the category that you say shouldn't be made.

If there is data & a product is being considered, then there is a reason to compare. I'm not here to jeer or show any brand down. I'm here to see what brand is has a good reputation & will try to honestly build a good product for consumers. Say maybe Tata's may not have good resale, but if their USP is based on a different/ better ownership experience, then full credit would be given.

Maybe you didn't read my posts fully, or maybe I failed to clearly post my thoughts.
Old 29th May 2016, 12:22   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
If we are not to compare to try & understand what the Hexa could be like, almost half the posts on this thread would fall into the category that you say shouldn't be made.

If there is data & a product is being considered, then there is a reason to compare. I'm not here to jeer or show any brand down. I'm here to see what brand is has a good reputation & will try to honestly build a good product for consumers. Say maybe Tata's may not have good resale, but if their USP is based on a different/ better ownership experience, then full credit would be given.

Maybe you didn't read my posts fully, or maybe I failed to clearly post my thoughts.
So you want to compare a yet to be launched product, which has speculative features, pricing and compare it with existing products, then say how much a Crysta and Toyota better than Hexa and Tata. Also you want to comment on 'perceived' build quality, service issues etc even when the said car doesn't exist. Sorry my friend to me this sounds like you want to put a company and product down based on your perception/like/dislike and baised. Please excuse me if I hurt your feelings by being blunt.

Last edited by apachelongbow : 29th May 2016 at 12:24.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 14:55   #222
BHPian

Quote:
So you want to compare a yet to be launched product, which has speculative features, pricing and compare it with existing products...
Ofcourse, we've all always been doing that !

When I noticed another member mention that the Hexa could be a worthy competitor for Innova Crysta in a post 2 or 3 pages back, I simply took the discussion ahead hoping to understand how the brands compared. Godknows where things went south, some members really don't seem to have read my posts fully.

Quote:
then say how much a Crysta and Toyota better than Hexa and Tata.
I only explained what kind of experiences I went through at T.A.S.S. while having my 2009 Linea serviced with them. Agreed, many people say it's improving, just that there have also been posts in the forum about bad service experience at TASS in the past 2.5-3years.

Quote:
Also you want to comment on 'perceived' build quality, service issues etc even when the said car doesn't exist.
I've written from personal experience, not 'perception'. Said service center remains the same. Comparing it to Toyota service is but natural since they offer a similar product.

Quality of product based on a brands reputation obviously counts. Each brand can have its USP.

Quote:
Sorry my friend to me this sounds like you want to put a company and product down based on your perception/like/dislike and baised. Please excuse me if I hurt your feelings by being blunt.
I've no business doing that. I'm simply trying to make a well considered personal decision based on a reasonable understanding of which brand is most likely to serve my purpose.

I stopped at the end of post #209, because I know that "what I said, what you said" will add 0 value to the thread.

Always keen to learn. Rgds.
Old 29th May 2016, 19:06   #223
BHPian

Peace gentlemen !!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c.../52466783.cms?

For the folks in Kerala, there seems to be a breather - 2 months??? I hear that many folks are treading cautiously on the 2000 CC+ capacity purchases across the country. This could not have come at a more appropriate time when the sales just started to pick up.
Old 29th May 2016, 21:57   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I only explained what kind of experiences I went through at T.A.S.S. while having my 2009 Linea serviced with them. Agreed, many people say it's improving, just that there have also been posts in the forum about bad service experience at TASS in the past 2.5-3years.
I've written from personal experience, not 'perception'. Said service center remains the same. Comparing it to Toyota service is but natural since they offer a similar product
Not contributing to that argument of course, I have experienced Tata A.S.S. to be on par with Ford's, which is really good. And I am talking about multiple service centres across cities, states. Definitely, Maruti's and Hyundai's A.S.S. is best. Tata's is in between, above average.
Fiat is below it, below or just about average.
Honda, VW, Toyota and Skoda come at last for me, in that order.
Tata vs Toyota, I would never want to own a troublesome Toyota/Skoda, it's that bad. But yes, Toyotas are anything but troublesome. Looks, features, driving experience, high speed manners - Toyotas don't fare that great in these departments. If I dare, I find Toyotas too plain jane, no oomph, no soul.
If I would ever want to be in a Toyota, it would be in an LC, crossing a jungle with bad roads and no mechanics around for 500kms. Reliablity alone can not be the decisive factor.
Old 31st May 2016, 20:15   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
There is more to ownership experience than just performance. It is highly recommended to wait for at least an year after launch, to buy any vehicle produced by an Indian manufacturer. Failure to follow this rule would most likely lead to, other BHPians watching you more often on a thread that would be named - "Niggles, problems and their solutions in tata hexa", cursing your decision to buy a tata product.
Hmm... Must admit that I don't own (currently) a TML vehicle. That said, I do tend to research a massive amount before deciding and it would appear as if the Vista onwards, TML reliability has been quite good. The reputation has stuck from their old, botched launches, but am not convinced it's fully deserved. Have a few friends who've purchased the Safari Storme and even one with an Aria and they've faced far fewer problems than I have with my Corolla... Not saying you're wrong and that it's impossible to have issues, but not convinced that the probability is definitely higher for TML than others. I base this on my own experiences with both my Honda City as well as Toyota Corolla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Honda, VW, Toyota and Skoda come at last for me, in that order.
Tata vs Toyota, I would never want to own a troublesome Toyota/Skoda, it's that bad. But yes, Toyotas are anything but troublesome. Looks, features, driving experience, high speed manners - Toyotas don't fare that great in these departments. If I dare, I find Toyotas too plain jane, no oomph, no soul.
A troublesome Toyota is a complete showstopper. The service is unresponsive and they take ages to complete even the most basic tasks. Seen this to be true across the board. While the car works well, it's fantastic, but once the problems start, they bleed you dry. Also agree with the oomph factor being lacking. One of my biggest issues with the Toyotas is that they're extremely boring vehicles. Even the dash makes you weep at the price - this one point is of course something they've started trying to address with the Crysta, but so much left to be desired...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks