Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 16:04   #271
BHPian

That screen is too small for a car this big.

Tata Motors managed to goof up just like they did with the Storme.
Now there is no way they can increase the size, since it's so well integrated.

What they CAN do is provide a roof mounted drop down screen in the middle row or mount 2 screens to the back of the front headrests. That would make this AVN Head unit ideal for operation by the driver and the rear passengers can have their share too.
(considering this may be used more so as a chauffer driven by vehicle)
Still not late for that.

But a beautiful looking car nevertheless.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 16:33   #272
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

Now there is no way they can increase the size, since it's so well integrated.
The screen looks even smaller in person. So much so that one may for a moment think that it is smaller that that in Zest/Bolt. Now imagine the same screen size in Kite 5 as well.

Ideally the screen size should have been bumped up for Hexa but I hope the decision was made in efforts to save costs and the same reflects in the final pricing.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 16:42   #273
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any reason why they mess up the light controls? Image 11 shows the light switch on dashboard near the AC vent.

Otherwise the vehicle looks very well put together.
Old 17th June 2016, 17:09   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still not late for that.
To a lot of people (me included) in-built screens in cars are perfect as long as they communicate the information they were intended to. Infact some folks (me included) prefer a basic display over coloured touchscreens since they allow for quick and easy use with tactile buttons and the monochromatic look is just so much more classy and looks more integrated. I would personally cringe if they had a drop down display in the roof and a few displays in the headrests. Rather leave such things to the accessories list.
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 18:03   #275
BHPian

Quote:
You call one size smaller screen a goof up? Seriously? Obviously with info in hand pricing is going to be the most critical aspect. If they can price it as lucrative as the Tiago, nobody would mind the size of that touch screen. One can put a bigger screen in the middle row from aftermarket if really required. I think not many private car users watch a video in their cars anyway.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 18:11   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
You call one size smaller screen a goof up? Seriously?
It's not a goof up. But the moment you see dashboard and your eyes go towards the screen, the very first thought in mind that comes across is that the screen is small. I don't think it will be a deal-breaker but a vehicle of this class deserves something bigger.

Quote:
Obviously with info in hand pricing is going to be the most critical aspect. If they can price it as lucrative as the Tiago, nobody would mind the size of that touch screen.
Well that is true indeed. If Hexa undercuts Innova by a big margin (which I don't see any reason why it can't), that small screen would probably be the last thing to swing them away from Hexa!
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 19:37   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Infact some folks (me included) prefer a basic display over coloured touchscreens since they allow for quick and easy use with tactile buttons and the monochromatic look is just so much more classy and looks more integrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
You call one size smaller screen a goof up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
It's not a goof up.
While not a goof up per se, it is a little small and a lost opportunity. I prefer buttons myself, but the market is quite enamoured of touchscreens.

Based on the use of a lot of piano-black plastic around the system I think they will swap it for a larger one down the line, if not at launch itself. Since the rest of the hardware is pretty good (speakers, etc) I hope they allow initial buyers to upgrade at a later stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Any reason why they mess up the light controls? Image 11 shows the light switch on dashboard near the AC vent.
That's the drive selector knob. The headlight switch is to the right of the steering wheel, like European cars (and Ford) have.
Old 17th June 2016, 23:46   #278
Senior - BHPian

It's 4" inches wide, ofcourse it's going to seem small for such a large & butch MUV.

IIRC The Nexon has a 6.5" touch screen. Hope Tata uses that. Especially when the exterior is going to get such an aggressive look.

Anyway, whatever. Tata needs to start rolling out product.

They've already lost first mover advantage to Crysta. They're not popular for service or reliability among private owners (even if the truth may be abit different !)

They may mostly appeal to a different kind of crowd. Hope it's launched ASAP.
Old 18th June 2016, 19:41   #279
BHPian

Look at the variant of the Hexa displayed at the Geneva Motor show

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-157016.jpg

The AVN unit is much bigger. Atleast 6 inches if not 7. Going by the looks it is clearly a development unit, most probably a capacitative touch unit. I guess at the Auto Expo, TML displayed the Hexa with the Zest AVN unit, just to keep the surprise for the launch. At any rate, the new unit should be available by the rime of a minor design refresh.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2016 at 21:12. Reason: Uploading image as attachment.
aditya79india is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 08:51   #280
BHPian

Was just thinking this morning, on the lines of what Hyundai used to do in the past, where they used to sticker every possible Hyundai cars getting out of service as "my next car is ...i20", TATA should start something identical.

This will be a no expense awareness campaign & does start to build curiosity amongst the public.

May be also possible that they would have thought something better too
Old 21st June 2016, 10:13   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Was just thinking this morning, on the lines of what Hyundai used to do in the past, where they used to sticker every possible Hyundai cars getting out of service as "my next car is ...i20", TATA should start something identical.
Better marketing through more conventional forms, and upping the quality of dealerships and service centers, should be more than enough. I can't stand the thought of such stickers going on my car.
Old 21st June 2016, 10:47   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Look at the variant of the Hexa displayed at the Geneva Motor show

Attachment 1519221

The AVN unit is much bigger. Atleast 6 inches if not 7. Going by the looks it is clearly a development unit, most probably a capacitative touch unit. I guess at the Auto Expo, TML displayed the Hexa with the Zest AVN unit, just to keep the surprise for the launch. At any rate, the new unit should be available by the rime of a minor design refresh.
It could also be possible that the 4 inch Unit is being developed for lower variants, the top ends may end up getting the same unit stated above. I think it would be a great move by Tata! Instead of providing a Normal 2DIN Unit, they would equip all the variants with a touchscreen in-car entertainment system.

P.S - I think even the 4 inch Screen is good enough if it's meeting all the requirements.

Last edited by YashD : 21st June 2016 at 10:51.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 16:59   #283
BHPian

How many here would have loved to have a split tailgate? The lower portion opening downwards to and the upper portion with the inner part of the tail lamps etc upwards.
Old 21st June 2016, 17:36   #284
BHPian

Why not.....folks would want the very LC under the skin of Hexa & will still be unwilling to fork out 15 lakhs.
m3_07 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 17:50   #285
BHPian

I feel the interiors of the Hexa are way more classier than the Innova. Its got an understated and timeless elegance to it. The dash seems to be ergonomic too, have seen the new Innova Crysta's aircon button placement and it just doesn't seem right.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks