Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 14:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Why would someone copy a flop business model?
If it flopped for Suzuki does not mean it has to flop for TML too. In fact, I feel that a split strategy has greater chance of success for TML than it has been for Suzuki. What the split is intended to do is to split the negative perception, and essentially force a "soft reset" to the seller's image, which TML desperately needs.

Now, Suzuki never had the kind of negative perception in India that TML currently is saddled with, so it was unclear right from the start why they chose the Nexa model.
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:15   #17

Very nice package. As said earlier the success will depend on the comparative pricing with its competitors - XUV and Innova.

TML also needs to change the touchscreen size. I remember in some earlier show, the HEXA had a bigger screen. If Nexon have a 6.5" screen I am sure Hexa can have that too. No, it is not an unnecessary demand. I agree that the screen size should not be a deal breaker, just that the customer should feel he is getting something extra.

As far as i can see this package, it has everything else to make it a HIT. The touchscreen and the access to third row of seats can be implemented in a better way. And indeed the last thing is the price.

Good Job TML.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
If it flopped for Suzuki does not mean it has to flop for TML too. In fact, I feel that a split strategy has greater chance of success for TML than it has been for Suzuki. What the split is intended to do is to split the negative perception, and essentially force a "soft reset" to the seller's image, which TML desperately needs.

Now, Suzuki never had the kind of negative perception in India that TML currently is saddled with, so it was unclear right from the start why they chose the Nexa model.
I think this might work from TML. but they also need to split their service section as well. The can move all the commercial vehicles into a separate category and have separate service stations for them. They can restrict Indica, Indigo ,Vista and Aria only for T board and rest for the private registration. Also they can give the GOLD AMC options to cover upto 5 years and 24X7 roadside assistance across all the cars and this will increase the reliability on their part.
msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Why would someone copy a flop business model?
Exactly my feeling. The Nexa effort was literally bombed with their hurried approach, lack of sufficient outlets and had it not been for Baleno, they would have probably shut it down.

Right now what Tata needs to do is to drive their prices down as much as possible, aim for much higher quality standards, and push for more service centres and dealer outlets.

Undercutting competition is the best way forward, and being a local company, they can easily achieve much better cost savings for their products. Here's hoping they cut the Innova and XUV's pricing by at least 1.5-2 lakhs on the mid to top models.
Old 4th February 2016, 16:00   #20
BHPian

I like this car - I just hope they can price it right and try to undercut the new Innova. If they price it at par or above, this will sink without a trace for sure. The Innova is tried and tested and the new one seems to be a major step up and hence Tata has it's work cut out with this one.
Old 4th February 2016, 16:03   #21
BHPian

I'm not convinced by this split retail model. I'm also not convinced by the taxi vs private car logic. The Swift Dzire, Wagon R, Omni, Eeco are all big in the fleet taxi / commercial segment. I don't see Maruti owners complaining about having to share facilities with them. Another example is the Innova and the Qualis before it.

Plus, if memory serves me right, Aria and Storme get priority service bays at the major centres.

The issue is with the older models' reliability and A.S.S consistency. Neither of which will get fixed by Nexa like approach. The Zest has managed to get some traction, I hope that the Zica(?) hatch can also deliver the same. The Safari and Aria/Hexa will continue to be niche players in the market.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th February 2016 at 17:48. Reason: Typo corrected.
aptiwa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 16:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post

Rightly said.!

Even NEXA cannot be completely coined as a failure and the fortunes have changed after the Baleno release. The dealership experience plays major factor in decision making and it is not in favour of TATA at this moment.
IMHO they should use existing showrooms for cars launched till BOLT. A new showroom set up for next set of launches like Zica(for sure to be renamed), Nexon,Osprey, Hexa etc., This will definitely inject some fresh blood and create interest
Old 4th February 2016, 17:11   #23
BHPian

Overall it looks so classy yet butch and humongous at the same time.
Steering wheel is a disappointment though, should have been different and more premium in their most premium offering.
I feel the touchscreen's placement is a bit low and considering the small size of it, driver might face problem in operating it without taking eyes of the road.
They could have also provided a sunroof, just to ensure they dont miss out on any feature which the xuv has.
But overall a job well done by tata, I really wish it sells well.
Old 4th February 2016, 18:12   #24
BHPian

Neither Toyota owners (Innova, Etios & Liva being used extensively as taxis),
Nor Maruti owners (Ritz, WagonR, Omni, Eeco)
Nor Hyundai owners (Santro, i10, Xcent)
complained about sharing the service areas with Taxis.

But a LOT of people DID when it came to TATA.
Just a few threads here and there and one will see umpteen comments about this.
"They need to change the taxi image."
Despite the fact that many argued - "If it's being used as a taxi, means it's solid and reliable - it's a plus point!"

Infact, there are Aria & Safari owner complaining of rubbing shoulders with Nano owners!
Imagine.

Amidst all this, I wouldn't be surprised if TATA decides to split and continue Indica V2, Vista, Indigo eCS, Aria, Sumo as commercial vehicles and strictly ensure that gorgeous beauties like Kite 5, Zica & Hexa do NOT find themselves with yellow plates and poorly maintained interiors.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 18:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The last row:
Attachment 1469739

Is like any other. Tall occupants will find under-thigh support missing:
Attachment 1469740
Why is the safety triangle kept at the base of the last row? It looks hideous there and defies all logic
Old 4th February 2016, 18:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Neither Toyota owners (Innova, Etios & Liva being used extensively as taxis),
Nor Maruti owners (Ritz, WagonR, Omni, Eeco)
Nor Hyundai owners (Santro, i10, Xcent)
complained about sharing the service areas with Taxis.

But a LOT of people DID when it came to TATA.
Just a few threads here and there and one will see umpteen comments about this.
"They need to change the taxi image."
Despite the fact that many argued - "If it's being used as a taxi, means it's solid and reliable - it's a plus point!"

Infact, there are Aria & Safari owner complaining of rubbing shoulders with Nano owners!
Imagine.

Amidst all this, I wouldn't be surprised if TATA decides to split and continue Indica V2, Vista, Indigo eCS, Aria, Sumo as commercial vehicles and strictly ensure that gorgeous beauties like Kite 5, Zica & Hexa do NOT find themselves with yellow plates and poorly maintained interiors.
TATA splitting its vehicles into premium and non-premium segments (with different showrooms, like the NEXA model) seems a remote possibility. Being a Manza owner, I do chat with my Sales Manager when I go for servicing. The overwhelming attitude is one of despondency at the moment. Bolt/Zest/New-gen NANO sales are very poor.UV sales (SUMO) are so-so, that too due to commercial sales. The Aria is a dud (both commercially and in the personal segment) while the Safari is a niche product. In recent times, the eV2/eCS/Manza had some fleet sales and then TATA killed off the Manza. The overall picture is not healthy at TATA.To split up sales points in the current state of affairs might be a big mistake.

Zica/Sway/Kite S may well be perceived as turning points for the company if they are well-marketed, well made products alongwith good backup. Future of Hexa remains unpredictable, given that its earlier iteration (Aria) was not well received. For Nexon, it may be a bit late in the day, given that Brezza is getting a head start on it and also the stiff competition in that segment.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:19   #27
BHPian

I was planning to get the AWD XUV500 in 2015, but somehow the 2015 facelift left me less impressed. The version till 2014 had that beast look. But 2015 kind of lost it, so I postponed the purchase.

Now AWD Hexa seems to be a better option especially with the menacing beast look I always wanted and also it's VARICOR 400 performance seems to be similar to XUV500's mHawk. Moreover the exterior and interior gives that awesome premium feel which I was pleasantly surprised by Tata.

Also JBL 10 speakers with subwoofer is another plus for a music lover within.

Now I hope the price doesn't go beyond the XUV500's AWD version.

I have one doubt, why is that all manufacturers are able to fit LED tail lights and DRL but not LED based turn indicators? Is there any specific reason or manufacturing cost issues? I always get impressed by LED turn indicators of German cars !
Old 4th February 2016, 20:21   #28
BANNED

My two cents from being a decade plus TATA loyalist:

1. TML needs to open more service centres across the country.
2. The service personnel need a change in attitude towards the common user.
3. A good product needs to be marketed as such, not as they are done presently.
4. Most features of the HEXA interior are already present in my entry level ARIA Pure, except the ICE, captain seats in the middle row (I love the 60-40 movable bench).
5. Quality of parts used inside the ARIA / HEXA are far better than in the XUV.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 20:52   #29
BHPian

Nice and honest effort by Tata. Has dozens of features too but I think they have gone overboard with the plastic cladding around the car. The plastic quality has to be top class otherwise it will really look faded within sometime in the Indian conditions. And any idea about the white colour? Will the black and white combo appeal the mass market?
Old 5th February 2016, 07:03   #30
BHPian

Hexa looks good, really good. Can it stand in front of the new Endeavor and hold its position. I have my doubts. Where the car fails in practicality probably is
1. Captain seats in the middle row
2. Ingress to the third row
3. The touch system being smaller
4. The steering wheel again being smaller

For Tata to get to a really movable situation is to spend time in the market with its potential customers and to understand real needs. The indian mind has changed from quick value for money to vehicles which make statements, which are indigenous and which stand out in the crowd. The first time i drove my Storme across in the city, heads turned and eyes popped at the beast. That is what people need

Tata has to move away from fleet vehicle mentality. Even the showroom has to be different in my belief. They might not want to do a Nexa type, but they really need to spend money on marketing and customer feel. Also, why not allow their new stable cars to be customized esp the Hexa. Customers can chose from seat covers, tyre sizes, alloys, ICE. Dont give it as standard, but customize them so that the vehicles are more personalized. That can be a change factor for Tata

Waiting to see this in the flesh now...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks