Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:54   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
My morning ritual - search for news about "hexa" in google, #hexa in twitter and for update in this thread.

After long protracted wait, booked nano xta today. Was in touch with Concorde & TAFE SA in chennai regarding Nano, while at it checked about Hexa and both said since TATA is grappling to meet demand for TIAGO, new launch is unlikely before end of year. Could be coincidence or they have told to tow this line.
Whoa, this is one hell of an explanation from TATA. Not sure whether it is the story of the dealer or the TATAs. How can TIAGO demand be dependent on the HEXA release. Are Tatas so constrained on resources that they can't handle two demands simultaneously. I don't think that is the reason.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:09   #332
BHPian

IMO, Hexa will be produced where Aria was... Which is in Pune.
Tiago is built in Sanand.

So, There is no possible connection between these two cars with respect to capacity constraints
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 09:51   #333
BHPian

I checked with one of SA yesterday while getting Storme serviced, he confirmed no one have started training for Hexa. Which also indicates launch is not closer
Old 31st July 2016, 18:15   #334
BHPian

I read an article online that Tata have again postponed the launch of the Hexa to November 2016. This fact was further confirmed by my birdie at Tata who informed that Tata indeed are considering the ban on diesel cars seriously. Hence are testing the Hexa further. I guess they are testing a smaller engine a sub 2 litre engine or smaller. But as of know it seems a November launch is somewhat believable. Eagerly waiting its launch.
Vikvkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 21:06   #335
BHPian

Ten days back I saw two of the Hexa test mules in the More plains, Ladakh when I was on my ride there... We were travelling in the opposite direction and hence could take a better look at them
Old 31st July 2016, 22:40   #336
BHPian

Sharing a Pic of TATA HEXA- Camouflaged , I've found in a search recently..
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-dsc0034.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 17:57   #337
BHPian

There's lot of mention on "Mayank Pareek, president of Tata Motors Passenger Car Vehicles, had told CNBC-TV18 that the Hexa would be launched in India shortly" over internet. News channels are speculating launch by September.

Was checking this forum, not update or activity on this thread, Any reliable birdie news on this?
Black_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 19:57   #338
BHPian

Sharing Some of the Detailed.. 3D-Renderings of TATA-HEXA by Hum3D.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tata_hexa_2016_600_lq_0010.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tata_hexa_2016_600_lq_0001.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tata_hexa_2016_600_lq_0005.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tata_hexa_2016_600_lq_0009.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tata_hexa_2016_600_lq_0002.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 21:08   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Confirmation on what my birdies were tweeting all along - Tata Motors is indeed working on a 1.9L diesel for the Hexa for the Delhi/NCR & Kerala markets, and which will enter mass production sometime next year.

Also, the yet-to-be-launched-but-most-eagerly-awaited Tata SUV is supposedly coming with an AMT option as well.

Quote:
On the engine front, it will borrow the 2.2-litre diesel motor from its sibling Aria, churning out 154PS and 400Nm of torque. Tata Motors however has mentioned that the engine could be tuned differently to the rest of the fleet using the same engine setup. Other features expected on the Hexa include a four-wheel drive option and a multi-terrain mode inspired from the Land Rover's terrain response system. Safety features like ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) and airbags are likely to be standard on all variants.
Zigwheels

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th August 2016 at 21:12.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 22:52   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
...Also, the yet-to-be-launched-but-most-eagerly-awaited Tata SUV is supposedly coming with an AMT option as well...
An AMT feels out of place for a supposedly 20L product. When XUV has managed a good 6-speed Aisin Autobox which befits the price tag, Aria's AMT will most likely be seen as a cheap offering. I am not too sure how much of a premium "feel" can the AMT offer on performance.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 10:39   #341
BHPian

My friend who worked in FIAT (who are supplying AMTs in India) told me that their is a reason why AMT is not used in cars abroad. As AMT will start giving problems after about 3 years of usage (due to its design and functionality) and one should always go in for a fully AT, if available. AMT is an poor man's AT afterall. The price difference, according to him, is not much between an AMT and fully AT unit (ard 3X) and AMT was used in small cars in India to keep overall costs down.

But I am perplexed why Tata decided to offer AMT instead of AT in an aspirational car like Hexa and that too when they are trying to make a comeback? They are cutting corners where they should not, it seems. Even Mahindra is offering AT in XUV which shows they understand the pulse of Indian customer better.

I was waiting for Tata Hexa launch to choose between Hexa and XUV. But with Hexa coming with AMT, the choice is a no-brainer now. I will be going in for XUV AT now.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
But I am perplexed why Tata decided to offer AMT instead of AT in an aspirational car like Hexa and that too when they are trying to make a comeback? They are cutting corners where they should not, it seems. Even Mahindra is offering AT in XUV which shows they understand the pulse of Indian customer better.

I was waiting for Tata Hexa launch to choose between Hexa and XUV. But with Hexa coming with AMT, the choice is a no-brainer now. I will be going in for XUV AT now.
At the Auto Expo, Tata displayed 6-speed AT version of Hexa. No reason to believe that they will launch a large SUV like Hexa with AMT
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa.jpeg  

damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 12:09   #343
BHPian

At this point it (AMT option on Hexa) looks like a speculation from somebody and I don't think we should waste our time discussing its merits and demerits. It is better to wait to hear the official confirmation.
prakash_ajp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 23:54   #344
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather than AMT it needs AWD with AT. Plus some more power like say about 175 Bhp out of that same 2.2 engine and they get me at the start of the line. Get me Brake Hold and I would book without checking the price.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 00:04   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Rather than AMT it needs AWD with AT. Plus some more power like say about 175 Bhp out of that same 2.2 engine and they get me at the start of the line. Get me Brake Hold and I would book without checking the price.
Interesting that once bitten is not shying away. Hope Tata listens to you, since they're already spending time working on the engine - an engine rather, for Delhi and Kerala.

Any specific reason for the AWD requirement? Hexa is unlikely to come with a proper off-road setup, hence the question.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks