Old 27th August 2016, 23:37   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
What's that big hole in rear bumper. Don't expect that to be used for camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Probably access to a towing hook for international markets or just a proto fender ?
That hole is to access the spare wheel. (Xenon has similar setup & there is no provision to add tow hook like Aria.)

there is no setup to remove the spare wheel inside the cabin like Tata Safari/ Mahindra Xuv.

Aria's setup. (you can see the provision to fit tow hook)
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-ari.jpg
Innova has similar setup.

Last edited by jeepster : 27th August 2016 at 23:38.
jeepster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 20:16   #392
BHPian

Every single auto website claims a Deepavali launch.

So there indeed must be some element of truth if not for for the last minute surprises.

https://www.topspeed.in/cars/news/ta...-ar157572.html

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-hexa-...ctober-1283949
Old 28th August 2016, 20:21   #393
BHPian

Spotted these near Hubli, Karnataka, heading towards Bangalore.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa_1.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2016 at 06:40. Reason: Adding watermark
breakneck is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 20:25   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakneck View Post
spotted these near Hubli,Karnataka heading towards Bangalore
Dude...no camouflage. Amazing road presence. The launch now seems imminent. Tuff edition??
Old 28th August 2016, 23:24   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
...Last week, I did a 700 km round trip in two days in my Crysta. Believe me, it is not really without its share of faults. There is considerable vibration transferred through the gear stick and the steering is a little too heavy (especially felt driving in the ghats) leaving me with sore shoulders at the end of the journey. Also, even though handling has improved, (as a result)ride has slightly deteriorated.

So, eventually people may see through these faults. But for Hexa to be able to remain in the market till then, it should definitely undercut the Innova by a fair margin.
Today I drove an Innova (the manual 2.4L) for ~80kms. IMHO if a vehicle of this kind can run flawlessly for even 2.5 to 3 Lakh kms, with low service hassles & low service costs, then IMO its not an overstatement to say that the joy would be unparalleled !

Moreover, you're comparing a successful product with its successful predecessor version.

Very very very few liked the Aria. And the Innova seems good enough for most people (who can afford the premium) so much so, as to not even consider the Hexa.

HEXA, as a product, doesn't have that convenience. Therefore, Tata serves a completely different market.

Tata has to beat down a "peoples favorite" and its not like the current market leader is incapable (unlike its predecessor version that had only 102PS).

How can this war ever be easy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Dude...no camouflage. Amazing road presence. The launch now seems imminent. Tuff edition??
The 'Tuff' edition has alot of body kit that seems missing in the pic thats shared.

Understandable that you're probably excited, but I couldn't make out much road presence from that tiny pic.

Personally, I feel the tail lights make it look too MUVish & steals away that stance that the front of the Hexa tries to express.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 28th August 2016 at 23:26.
Old 29th August 2016, 09:16   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Understandable that you're probably excited, but I couldn't make out much road presence from that tiny pic.

Personally, I feel the tail lights make it look too MUVish & steals away that stance that the front of the Hexa tries to express.

While the intention is not to get into a debate, hope the below video shared by Kalleo4 helps

Who do you think has the SUVsh tail lights?? - XUV, Scorpio or the famed Crysta (not an SUV)
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 10:39   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...po-2016-2.jpeg

What is MUVish and which SUV has SUVish tail lights? For reference we can compare them with Endeavour and Fortuner.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 10:54   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...po-2016-2.jpeg

What is MUVish and which SUV has SUVish tail lights? For reference we can compare them with Endeavour and Fortuner.
I found the Hexa's stance quite SUV'ish, compared to others in the category. Everything is beefed up and looks butch. In saying that looks are quite subjective and some people do prefer 'vans'
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 11:12   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Tail lamps of Ford Endeavour, Hexa, Toyota Fortuner, Innova Crysta for Comparison. Whats with with SUV Type tail lights? Can someone help me understand this please.

Problem lies elsewhere. Products of certain brands needs to be criticized no matter what substance it has. It simply needs to be given brick bats while a few brands enjoy all the hype with lesser substance in it.

Ford Endeavour
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-2016fordendeavour05.jpg

Hexa
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-2.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-toyotafortuner9.jpg

Innova Crysta
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-toyotainnovacrysta03.jpg

I find the Crysta tail lamps quite weird and looks like an after thought in terms of integrating into the rear design. The Hexa, Endeavor and Fortuner rear feels far more classy than the crysta which looks boxy and out of place.

PS: Picture credit to respective products threads on teambhp.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 29th August 2016 at 11:14.
nkrishnap is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 11:37   #400
Senior - BHPian

Looks : EoD it's subjective, I guess we'll get used to it after the branding exercises. Remember how almost everyone HATED the new Scorpio's tail lights ?

Branding advertisements can give perspective to even the weirdest of designs. This looks pretty decent.

It was confirmed by a member that Hexa is going to have 5 variants. The bottom 2 would have the 1.9L engine.

Apparently as per a source, the 1.9L version is going to produce 120BHP & 300NM of output.

I guess this version would have narrow tyres & possibly a different suspension setup. Can anyone find out more on those lines ?
Old 29th August 2016, 12:09   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
It was confirmed by a member that Hexa is going to have 5 variants. The bottom 2 would have the 1.9L engine.

Apparently as per a source, the 1.9L version is going to produce 120BHP & 300NM of output.
A drop in 200 cc is causing a drop in 34 PS and 100 Nm of torque, which I feel is quite a big drop considering the Hexa being a heavy vehicle. TATA should give option of Autobox on all variants helps in appealing to customers across wider price range.

Quote:
I guess this version would have narrow tyres & possibly a different suspension setup. Can anyone find out more on those lines ?
Narrower tyres and small tyres are a given, however, I suspect the suspension set up would be changed for the lower trims.
Old 29th August 2016, 12:16   #402
BHPian

I Agree with few members that looks are subjective and people will get used to it. Personally I like HEXA. Huuuge car. I personally feel it's a very well equipped car with all the features which are required. People would miss cruise control and sun roof ( depends in person to person and I did not come across these two features as nfar as I have read all rumours and news of hexa). I am eagerly waiting for its launch.
Bottom two variants with 1.9 L engine would surely click among low budget buyers as they can evade the 1% green tax too. If the car is aggressively priced like the tiago then it surely will ring bells. Tata should launch it well before festive season as people need time to digest. They will also look for reviews and take test drives before zeroing on the vehicle..
Ani0404 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 12:39   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
A drop in 200 cc is causing a drop in 34 PS and 100 Nm of torque, which I feel is quite a big drop considering the Hexa being a heavy vehicle. TATA should give option of Autobox on all variants helps in appealing to customers across wider price range.

Narrower tyres and small tyres are a given, however, I suspect the suspension set up would be changed for the lower trims.
This power output indicates the engine is being tuned for efficiency, rather than outright power. Since this is speculated to be offered on the lower variants, one can always opt for the mid/higher variants basing on one's preference of power/economy. 300NM torque should be more than adequate in this engine. For the autobox, I think they will offer on the 2.2L engine only. In this case, the autobox should at least be offered from the mid variant onwards.

EDIT: Regarding the tail lamps, the Crysta has the most outdated lamps in this segment. The tail lamps on the outgoing Innova was far better than this. Hexa is much better in this regard and should be able to fight out the competitors.

Last edited by ashis89 : 29th August 2016 at 12:42.
Old 29th August 2016, 12:51   #404
BHPian

Having recently sold my 22 month old Aria Pure just to buy the Hexa automatic I can say looks were way down my priorities when I purchased Aria in Sept 2014.
I wanted a structurally safe car which could be used for touring and inter city travel. I had driven the previous gen Innova for considerably long distances and as a self driven vehicle Aria was ahead of the previous Innova, be it in braking , handling, steering feel and most important comfort for my family. I have also driven the new crysta 2.8 auto and I must say it is better in comfort aspect than the previous one but still lacks steering feel as well as in braking. Also the the plastic quality seems to have gone down.
The Hexa definitely will find buyers as it looks butch and with totally revamped interiors. It will be much better priced compared to the crysta and can easily do 800-1000 units a month.

Last edited by damodar : 29th August 2016 at 12:52.
damodar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 13:02   #405
BHPian

Apart from pricing it right, Tata should also try and protect it from fleet owners as much as possible, like say for e.g. not commercial registration for the first 2 years. That will ensure that more people buy it for personal use and that would build the image the Hexa would need.

Yes Toyota could not stop the innova too from being used by fleet owners inspite of being lesser powered and higher priced but TATA should do this if they want to separate out the taxi image and also promote it as a personal car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
EDIT: Regarding the tail lamps, the Crysta has the most outdated lamps in this segment. The tail lamps on the outgoing Innova was far better than this.
I would echo this too. The crysta tail lams make it look extremely boxy from the rear and also look a bit out of place to me. The tear drop part is good but the rest is all something that can be missed for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks