Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 07:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

It all looks just perfect. They do need to take care of the ICE though.
Also i hope they have managed to shed some weight on this. I wonder whats the weight of Hexa compared to the new Innova ?

TATA also needs to go on a weight loss spree across the range. A 10% reduction will lead to a lot benefits. More efficiency, less wear and tear.
Old 5th February 2016, 08:05   #32
BHPian

The SUV looks awesome. Got the right stance and the looks. Is it that difficult to make a tumble down middle row seat in a car which is longer than the Innova? They really need to think who they are building this vehicle for. I still think (hope) that this will be a success for Tata.

I've said this in the past and I'll say it again. They need to crest a new brand. Nexon sounds like a lovely car brand name. They could even name the Nexon as Nexon One. Nexon Hexa, anyone?
Old 5th February 2016, 08:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant coverage GTO and Vid.

The car looks great. Hope it brings in some good numbers for Tata. It is sad to see competent products not doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
If Tata's have learnt their lesson, they will undercut the XUV by atleast a lakh. If they do so, then they have a killer on their hand!
Fat chance I would say. This is essentially an improved Aria. There is no way it is going to be a lakh cheaper than XUV. At par perhaps not this cheap.
Old 5th February 2016, 09:50   #34
BHPian

Great Coverage !! Thanks.

I agree with most of you here, Its a great looking product and the kind of features they have provided here are mind blowing.

Though i agree the pricing is the key for this product, I see it difficult to price it on par/ undercut the XUV 500 considering the kind of features it offers. Also most of you rightly mentioned the as this price bucket it has got to have a good touch screen system. I would say it looks a lot nimble than the Aria.

Again comparing it with Endeavor would be more correct than Innova, as this will cater to different needs all together
Old 5th February 2016, 10:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Fat chance I would say. This is essentially an improved Aria. There is no way it is going to be a lakh cheaper than XUV. At par perhaps not this cheap.
I agree with the FAT CHANCE! However, if at all the Tatas have learnt something from the XUV vs Aria, they will price it lower than the XUV. This can very well be an initial pricing, and may be the price increases as the sales pick up., else this might be a dud right from the start.

The Aria is very competent, the ride quality way ahead of the Innova, and probably the XUV as well. However, just because they priced it too high initially, no one even looks at it - even after they bought the price to sub 10L.

Better to start off at a lower price than to start at a higher price - end up giving discounts and still not being able to sell. Another thing I hope is that they give a 5 year warranty just to build market confidence. They have to realize that the market does not have any confidence in their brand - Zest for example is such a fine car, but not raking in expected numbers. I just hope that the Tata's learn something from their earlier goof -ups and play smartly this time around. Wishing them all the best!!
Old 5th February 2016, 13:42   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Some Points:

1) Disagree with a split in sales channel for premium and non premium. They are too small compared to Maruti to do this at this stage.

2) Loved the Blue Colour. Since I tend to go for Blue normally only my vehicles that is a plus for me.

3) Hexa solves most of the issues that I had with the Aria. But the world has also moved ahead so. 7" console screen would be good to have. Not a deal breaker for me but missed for sure. I don't think TATA will manage that.

4) Can live with the steering wheel they have provided but better would be good.

5) 18" wheel would be good to have if they can retain them and still ensure a decent comfort level.

6) A good bench in the middle row would be what I would look for. I would not mind if it was a luxurious 2 seater bench and there was a central partition like in the Q7.

7) Powered Rear door lift?

8) 2.2 Hexa vs 2.2 Endy. if significantly better priced than the Endy I would consider this.

9) Needs to be better priced top model than the W10 XUV AT AWD. in Hexa AWD AT top trim. AWD AT is important for me.

10) Like the Black trim on the Inside and the TUFF trim on the outside.

Last edited by ACM : 5th February 2016 at 13:55.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 14:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Some Points:

1) Disagree with a split in sales channel for premium and non premium. They are too small compared to Maruti to do this at this stage.
to that.

Quote:
3) Hexa solves most of the issues that I had with the Aria. But the world has also moved ahead so. 7" console screen would be good to have. Not a deal breaker for me but missed for sure. I don't think TATA will manage that.
While Tata could and should have designed a larger screen with Harman for their more premium range of vehicles, I am sure the quality of sound will be far better than anything currently available in the same price range or possibly even one above if the Zest and Zica are anything to go by. Not sure about the new Innova Crysta though, will have to wait for reviews.

Quote:
5) 18" wheel would be good to have if they can retain them and still ensure a decent comfort level.
I think the version on sale will have 17" at most in the top model. With the weight and SUV pretension ride will be of primary importance. Why even the Jag XE appears to have smaller rims than the one sold elsewhere. The last thing they would want is a reputation for easily damaged/cracked rims.

Quote:
9) Needs to be better priced top model than the W10 XUV AT AWD. in Hexa AWD AT top trim. AWD AT is important for me.
Looks far better than the Aria, and glad that they've made significant improvements in the fit, finish and materials used inside and out.

The XUV500 AWD AT will have an advantage of being better specced even though the features may not really be essential. IMHO the only one that will be missed is the sunroof.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:09   #38
Aum
BHPian

well written coverage, thanks for sharing. This indeed could be game changer for TATA. They get lot of bashing for things done wrongly, this time around they actually seem to have an ace up their sleeves. I know in this forum also there are many like me who were waiting for Hexa before deciding on next work horse. TATA would have to price this smartly or there is very real chance of becoming irrelevant in this segment. overall looks promising.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:

6) A good bench in the middle row would be what I would look for.

The middle row bench seat will be provided in some variants as mentioned in Autocar India but will have to see if that option is there in the top trim.
The automatic model displayed at the expo seems to have lost leather seats and 4wd whereas the manual displayed has both of these. Can someone confirm if the 2wd model displayed at the auto expo has the saftey features like ESC and 6 airbags?
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 17:54   #40
BHPian

Fabulous product - now pricing is the key! Tata must launch it with an introductory offer for say the first 1000 cars at atleast a lac below XUV! That way it will be off to a flying start. Then slowly they can start inching the price up like M&M does.

Tata pls dont screw up this launch like the Aria!!
Old 5th February 2016, 19:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Some Points:

Even I was looking forward for an AWD AT on display. A little disappointed that they did not display it. I hope atleast they will have this option during launch. I guess the new Endeavour 4x4 AT even packs a low ratio transfer case. Wish the same was available on Hexa.
Old 5th February 2016, 20:01   #42
BHPian

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Is it just me or anyone else also thinks that Hexa still looks more like a van than an SUV. I credit them for the improvements made, but this should have been a product launched 5 years ago. As someone said before, the automotive world has moved on. Now many aspects of this car look already outdated (including exterior design). My gut feeling says that it will not sell well due to its association with Aria. To me it looks like just a cosmetic refresh of Aria, and most customers who are paying 15-20 lakh for a car would want contemporary styling with up to date and unique features which the Hexa is sorely lacking. There is only a partial wow factor. I think Tata should start with a fresh sketch rather than flogging a dead horse (Aria). Think like a kite/ zica. Would I buy this? No. It gets only 6/10 points in my mind. But I would consider the next generation if there is a overhaul in design and body structure.

Last edited by pamiboy : 5th February 2016 at 20:04.
Old 6th February 2016, 11:48   #43
BHPian

That is one sweet ride. The AT will be a worthy upgrade from my current Storme after 5-6 years once TML would have ironed out the major issues
Old 6th February 2016, 12:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Is it just me or anyone else also thinks that Hexa still looks more like a van than an SUV. I credit them for the improvements made, but this should have been a product launched 5 years ago. As someone said before, the automotive world has moved on. Now many aspects of this car look already outdated (including exterior design). My gut feeling says that it will not sell well due to its association with Aria. To me it looks like just a cosmetic refresh of Aria, and most customers who are paying 15-20 lakh for a car would want contemporary styling with up to date and unique features which the Hexa is sorely lacking. There is only a partial wow factor. I think Tata should start with a fresh sketch rather than flogging a dead horse (Aria). Think like a kite/ zica. Would I buy this? No. It gets only 6/10 points in my mind. But I would consider the next generation if there is a overhaul in design and body structure.
I do not agree fully. To me, it looks like the Hexa has got a lot of the appeal of a cross over. Stylish looking, functional and reasonably rugged cross over vehicles have been received well in the past. Case in point is the Honda CRV. I think with an all wheel drive option, it officers quite good value. With value for money pricing and improved after sales service, it could be a winner. Another factor that might be at play is that I think the new Innova is a let down. Being an owner of the first version of the Innova, I believe the styling has been progressively deteriorating since the first version during the various refreshes. The new crysta model has totally lost any sort of design cohesion that the first version of the Innova had. It almost looks like a bigger uglier body has been plonked down on the original chasis. I am hoping that there would be a lot of people who would find the Hexa a lot more stylish, capable and value for money when compared to the Innova.
MinivanDriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 12:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Here is a short video of Hexa

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th February 2016 at 12:36.
Latheesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks