Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:42   #616
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Most irritating part is to going to the service center again and again for the same niggles /issues.
I am not very sure about the service attitude of authorized service centres in tier1 cities, but as far as tier 2 and tier 3 cities are concerned I have first hand experiences with various manufacturers. In my family as well as extended family people have owned cars from various manufacturers.

Let's talk about the service attitude of Maruti's authorized service centres. It's rare that an issue completely gets resolved in a go. I am saying it as I have a first hand experience with Maruti. But still Maruti has almost 50% of the market share in our country. Not only Maruti but other manufacturers also follow the same trend of not taking the issues seriously. Yes I agree that this kind of attitude is diminishing, but it still exists. The 'let it be' attitude is very much common almost everywhere. This is my personal opinion formed out of my own experiences.

What would you say about that? Why Maruti is at the top when sales chart are concerned?

Regards
Aakarsh

Last edited by Aakarsh : 22nd September 2016 at 17:44.
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:54   #617
BHPian

TATA has tasted success with the Tiago and going forward from here means that
they will get greedy while pricing HEXA, besides with Crysta, Toyota has left
a huge gap to be filled up & TATA is not going to ignore this. IMO they will
attempt it, whether they are able to pull it off or not only time will tell, but yes
if they have most of the bases covered as regards to the build quality etc they
might hit a home run with premium pricing, after all Indian customers are
paying a hefty premium for say the Creta & now with the Crysta so TATA
most probably may not compete directly with present competitor offerings.
Old 22nd September 2016, 18:07   #618
Senior - BHPian

Tata has a real Golden opportunity to do a XUV with Hexa but they have to be proactive with solving the initial niggles, if any and make their buyers feel relaxed and confident. It is not at all a rocket science. MnM has so many problems with I batch of XUV but equal number or solution providing dedicated executives.

I am still reading many posts highlighting the Sarkaari environment and attitude of dealers and TASS. Even few people who bought the Zest mentioned that they won't be opting for Tata again.

All I can say that if Hexa fails, it will again make the Brand Innova further strong. If it succeeds it will have the positive chain reaction affect on all other Tata products especially Storme.
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:10   #619
BHPian

I read that Tata would position Hexa above the Storme. So, expect prices above 12L

The black one is such a beauty! Wish Tata all the very best
Old 24th September 2016, 01:56   #620
BHPian

IMO Tata must have already done fair share of market research not to mention previous and current sales data of their line-up

Premium MUV market is ruled by Innova and honestly i feel it still continue to do so but having said that there is no real competition to it

XUV / Creta likes are getting compared to Hexa purely because of pricing point

Tata is not (I Hope) ambitious enough to price it along the Crysta variants.. They must have also read scoops of M&M new MPV doing rounds in cities so they not only have to think of current situation but possible future competition

Personally more than the pricing I am interested in its on-road performance

Toyota has mastered the suspension set-up for Indian roads with zero or minimum rattle noise which seems to the biggest issue with Tata, M&M

Secondly the interior materiel quality market competition and customer expectations have evolved a lot since Aria

Lastly the biggest hurdle Tata has to face is the Re-Sell value (I know its future questions but still) as it also counts as decision making aspect, If Tata can pull-off a buy-back scheme during launch it might get some more attention for sure.

Dussehra on 11th Oct / Diwali on 30th what you guys feel Tata's choice??
Old 24th September 2016, 10:12   #621
BHPian

*A report of CarBlog says that the upcoming Hexa MPV will see a price tag starting at Rs 10.99 lakh. The top-end model of the Hexa is likely to get a price tag of Rs*13.10 lakh.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/tata-hexa-l...ovember-694833
bageherath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 10:32   #622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
*A report of CarBlog says that the upcoming Hexa MPV will see a price tag starting at Rs 10.99 lakh. The top-end model of the Hexa is likely to get a price tag of Rs*13.10 lakh.

Wow!

That would be brilliant pricing indeed, and even if it's introductory - should help them get a good start. Prices can always be revised later once the product establishes a connect with the target market.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 10:57   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is highly unlikely. Storme top end is more than that. Hexa is far more car than a Storme.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 11:13   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
This is highly unlikely. Storme top end is more than that. Hexa is far more car than a Storme.
Top end price might not be realistic here, but hope the base model price to be @10.99 L as an introductory price. And which I feel should give Hexa a much needed kick start.
Old 24th September 2016, 11:19   #625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Storme top end is more than that. Hexa is far more car than a Storme.
Exactly. And Storme doesn't sell enough numbers at that price, so all the more reason for TATA to offer better value with the Hexa, atleast as introductory pricing.

They can anyways revise prices of Hexa later, or add more features to Storme if Hexa gets off to a good start.
Old 24th September 2016, 11:39   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Exactly. And Storme doesn't sell enough numbers at that price, so all the more reason for TATA to offer better value with the Hexa, atleast as introductory pricing.

They can anyways revise prices of Hexa later, or add more features to Storme if Hexa gets off to a good start.
That doesn't mean that Storme is overpriced. Moreover, what are the available options at these prices? I don't think Hexa fit in this range.
Old 24th September 2016, 11:55   #627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That doesn't mean that Storme is overpriced.
It sure does, in my books. I have taken a TD of the Varicor 400 as well and it's quite spartan for a vehicle in that price range, although the mechanicals are very impressive. The market agrees when they are not willing to pay the requested money for it.

Hexa with its features is more like it. What it needs is an extremely good pricing, to help it climb up the sales charts.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th September 2016 at 12:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 12:58   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Top end price might not be realistic here, but hope the base model price to be @10.99 L as an introductory price. And which I feel should give Hexa a much needed kick start.
1.99 L version is a possibility.

Quote:
It sure does, in my books. I have taken a TD of the Varicor 400 as well and it's quite spartan for a vehicle in that price range, although the mechanicals are very impressive. The market agrees when they are not willing to pay the requested money for it.

Hexa with its features is more like it. What it needs is an extremely good pricing, to help it climb up the sales charts.
XUV 500 W6 comes at that price. Hexa top end will be AWD and/or automatic with all bells and whistles.
Old 24th September 2016, 13:54   #629
Senior - BHPian

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

If Hexa top model is 13.10 Lacs and that too with A/T then I would be booking it ignoring it being of I lot. If it's AMT then I would book M/T but in II lot.

I am sure Tata is just collecting the feedback in the form of comments by spreading such rumours. Smart way of testing the waters.

Last edited by carwatcher : 24th September 2016 at 13:56.
Old 24th September 2016, 14:35   #630
BHPian

Quote:
It sure does, in my books.
, The storme is overpriced for what is a 2 decade old platform.

Feature rich Hexa 4*4 AT @ 13 Lacs is too good to be true.
If that speculated price is true, the Hexa will truly shake the market, but IMO it will be just speculation.

I want the Hexa to taste success, for it might give confidence to TATA to get a JLR based SUV much sooner
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks