Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 10:09   #676
Senior - BHPian

I think when Aria was launched the Ad specifically showed that it's the first X-UV (Crossover UV) in India hence the direct competitor should be XUV 5OO.

Now I am not sure how much has changed in Hexa from Aria but from being compared with Crysta which is a MPV/MUV that too without 4x4 the most direct competition is with XUV which is also homegrown product.

While for me the VFM factor of XUV is too good to ignore (W6 A/T) but I still think the design is overdone and now the front has been taken care of the rear still looks quirky. Hexa oozes class and timelessness with its boxy design. Also would like to specifically mention that Tata has that good legacy of putting very good looking alloy wheels/ wheel caps in their cars which enhance the looks and it seems they have continued that with Hexa too.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 16:20   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Looks like the ones with the thick chrome bar rears are the 4x4 variants.

You can make out a small chrome badge under the right-side tail lamp.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 18:17   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Looks like the ones with the thick chrome bar rears are the 4x4 variants.

You can make out a small chrome badge under the right-side tail lamp.
I think that's there on both sides. Check it in the second pic you posted.
Old 29th September 2016, 19:00   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I think that's there on both sides. Check it in the second pic you posted.
And the same "badge" is missing on the Hexa XT, standing behind this particular variant.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Which means that the chrome-bar equipped Hexa is either an XZ variant, or an XT with 4x4 option.

From what I have heard from my birdies, I would say it's the latter.

Also, birdies are chirping that there won't be a Hexa 1.9L option available immediately at launch, but it will follow a few months down the line. According to them, it's still undergoing some extensive testing.

Which can be testified by this latest Twitter sighting of a Hexa test mule near Pune:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-ctg9aznvyaamq.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th September 2016 at 19:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 19:05   #680
BHPian

Hexa doesn't compete with XUV in terms of styling. XUV is aggressive and brash which would appeal to the younger generation while Hexa seems to be a more mature design and the fact that it is based on Aria makes it more of a MUV rather than an SUV. Misses the wow factor of XUV or the Crytsa
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 19:28   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hexa doesn't compete with XUV in terms of styling. XUV is aggressive and brash which would appeal to the younger generation while Hexa seems to be a more mature design and the fact that it is based on Aria makes it more of a MUV rather than an SUV. Misses the wow factor of XUV or the Crytsa
I agree with XUV here, but i dont see a wow factor in crysta... it still looks the same van like. Hexa looks more refined and looks like a proper crossover than a SUV. But if we see all SUV's other than from our indian manufacturers (XUV and Safari) they more or less looks like crossovers only. Hopefully people see beyond the TATA badge and see the value of the car.
msk_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 19:30   #682
BHPian

It looks incredible. I love the way how they have managed to keep the window sill absolutely level from and the way that line flows to the bonnet shut lines. Super!
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:52   #683
BHPian

Came across another pic on Twitter. Have the media drives started?

The tweet was as follows

Quote:
Excited to try out the @TataMotors #hexa #CEOCricketChallenge @Rambaghpalace
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-1.jpg
sachinayak is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 16:34   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

While I must commend Tata on doing a good job with the Hexa, I cant help but get a feeling of deja-vu. The Zest was a proper face-lift and was fitted with high quality bits inside. It was well priced and had no major flaws. Yet, after the initial few months, the car went off the radar. And with the Tiago and the upcoming sedan variant, it will become obsolete and irrelevant. That does not bode well for all those who put their hard earned money into the Zest, a perfectly fine car in its own right. Somewhere, we all knew that the Zest was only a stop-gap measure till the newer cars arrived.

I am afraid the Hexa might go down the same road once Tata's new premium SUV starts rolling-in in another couple of years. No 18L customer will forgive Tata if they come up with an all new alternative to their own 'new' car in such a short period of time.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 30th September 2016 at 16:36.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 16:59   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
. Yet, after the initial few months, the car went off the radar. And with the Tiago and the upcoming sedan variant, it will become obsolete and irrelevant. That does not bode well for all those who put their hard earned money into the Zest, a perfectly fine car in its own right. Somewhere, we all knew that the Zest was only a stop-gap measure till the newer cars arrived.
Though Zest didnt fly off shelves, it did change the perspective towards TATA products. People now keep a keener eye on their new launches.
The Tiago sedan (Kite 5) with all its bells and whistles will still sit a segment below Zest. By the time the new sedan comes out,
Zest will be 3 years old already. After 5 years of ownership if Zest users are happy, they'll have something to upgrade to ( read Nexon )
or maybe the upcoming premium hatch (couple of more years down).

Similarly for the Hexa, the Upcoming SUV models from what I have read will sit in the Endy, Fortuner segment (i.e if Toyota keeps the new gen priced in that segment .)
So Happy hexa owners will have a better car to upgrade to.

If they are not happy with the ownership, its a different case altogether. Zest owners can put a better perspective on this.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:06   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Though Zest didnt fly off shelves, it did change the perspective towards TATA products. People now keep a keener eye on their new launches.
The Tiago sedan (Kite 5) with all its bells and whistles will still sit a segment below Zest. By the time the new sedan comes out,
Zest will be 3 years old already. After 5 years of ownership if Zest users are happy, they'll have something to upgrade to ( read Nexon )
or maybe the upcoming premium hatch (couple of more years down).

Similarly for the Hexa, the Upcoming SUV models from what I have read will sit in the Endy, Fortuner segment (i.e if Toyota keeps the new gen priced in that segment .)
So Happy hexa owners will have a better car to upgrade to.

If they are not happy with the ownership, its a different case altogether. Zest owners can put a better perspective on this.
If only existing owners have to upgrade, then it doesnt bode well for Tata. They need to snatch people from other makers or sell to people who dont find a similar car in the lineup of what they own.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:29   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
If only existing owners have to upgrade, then it doesnt bode well for Tata. They need to snatch people from other makers or sell to people who dont find a similar car in the lineup of what they own.
Two very different topics

Quote:
If only existing owners have to upgrade, then it doesnt bode well for Tata.
I spoke about existing owners as you had spoken about owner concerns.

But yes, "family" does matter. We love the comfort of familiarity, so a relaxed owner tends to become a loyal customer.

I have seen lots who have owned only Hondas/Toyotas/Marutis across segments for decades.

Even Tata had sold "truck loads" (pun-intended ) of Indicas and Safaris in their heydays.

Loyalty of these customers would have served them better.

Quote:
They need to snatch people from other makers or sell to people who don't find a similar car in the lineup of what they own.
+1 , though these products may be competitive and VFM it still may not compel on to buy it. As of now, they are playing catch-up.

A fresh product will certainly do wonders, but is nowhere to be seen in their immediate plans.

A Tiago sport ( if it ever happens) might probably have the uniquness of being the cheapest fast hatch.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 18:14   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
C
The tweet was as follows

Attachment 1561097
Another pic posted from the same handle.

Here's the tweet
https://twitter.com/HariGovindNair/s...26953489723392

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 30th September 2016 at 18:15.
tifosikrishna is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 21:20   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Have the media drives started?
Nope.

This picture has been shared by the CEO of FHM India, Hari Govind Nair, on Twitter. He is currently participating in the CEO Cricket Challenge, which is being held at Hotel Rambagh Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan.

All participants of the CEO Cricket Challenge are getting to drive the yet-to-be-launched Tata Hexa as a part of the event.

One more pic from the same venue:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14449056_10153950180295983_4047565171798789053_n.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 21:27   #690
BHPian

On second thought, looking at the quality of pictures shared by Mr. Hari Govind, it sure doesn't look like casual pictures take by one taken by a random guy on a mobile phone. They look professional. There's a continuity in 1st & 3rd photo shared from the event, whereas the 2nd, car looks shiny & spotlessly clean and pictures look like they can directly make it to the brochure.

Have a feeling that they might be shared by TATA's marketing team & posted by Mr. Nair.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed