Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 21:41   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
On second thought, looking at the quality of pictures shared by Mr. Hari Govind, it sure doesn't look like casual pictures take by one taken by a random guy on a mobile phone.
For clarity - these are pictures taken by Hari. He's my nephew.
Steeroid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 21:57   #692
BHPian

Quote:
On second thought, looking at the quality of pictures shared by Mr. Hari Govind, it sure doesn't look like casual pictures take by one taken by a random guy on a mobile phone. They look professional. There's a continuity in 1st & 3rd photo shared from the event, whereas the 2nd, car looks shiny & spotlessly clean and pictures look like they can directly make it to the brochure.

Have a feeling that they might be shared by TATA's marketing team & posted by Mr. Nair.
Nowadays most people have a good phone that can take good pictures. This person is a CEO & probably has a hang of taking pretty good pics.

That said, I'm abit perplexed that Tata isn't reaching out to enthusiasts here, (I'm guessing any member / expert moderator would've definitely shared great insights).
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 12:56   #693
BHPian

Any information on the seating options (6 or 7 seater) seen in these production ready cars ? If 7 seater option is available then does the middle row have fore and aft movement option ?
Old 1st October 2016, 13:13   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
....The Zest was a proper face-lift and was fitted with high quality bits inside. It was well priced and had no major flaws. Yet, after the initial few months, the car went off the radar...
The Zest had a major downside irrespective of all the high quality bits. An uncanny resemblance to an existing product = Vista. However TATA screamed the car was designed from ground up, that killed the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
....I am afraid the Hexa might go down the same road once Tata's new premium SUV starts rolling-in in another couple of years. No 18L customer will forgive Tata if they come up with an all new alternative to their own 'new' car in such a short period of time.
I think TATA has understood the same concern and hence the decision to bring in 'Hexa' instead of the next gen 'Aria'. They effectively have chosen a new 'brand' if I may call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
That' great. I hope there is no embargo in place for these guys to give us more insights on the drive and feel? Please.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 13:41   #695
BHPian

More from the event. Info from the same source.

Quote:
#tata #HEXA damn good drive experience... xtremly comfortable n capable
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-ctqma7luiaauskb.jpg

Last edited by sachinayak : 1st October 2016 at 13:42.
sachinayak is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 14:31   #696
BHPian

Quote:
On second thought, looking at the quality of pictures shared by Mr. Hari Govind, it sure doesn't look like casual pictures take by one taken by a random guy on a mobile phone. They look professional. There's a continuity in 1st & 3rd photo shared from the event, whereas the 2nd, car looks shiny & spotlessly clean and pictures look like they can directly make it to the brochure.

Have a feeling that they might be shared by TATA's marketing team & posted by Mr. Nair.
As reported, Mr Hari Govind is the CEO of FHM India. Being a CEO of a fashion / lifestyle magazine, I am sure he would have a very good camera and a very good photo sense. Now that Senior BHP-ian Steeroid has confirmed that it was taken by his nephew himself, we can be doubly sure of the source of the pics.

BTW, nice strategy by Tata to let the CEOs drive the car and post pics / information about it online. Will definitely help create a favorable image in the public - this is a car that CEOs drive and like. Pretty much confirms the product placement as well (compare it with the Mobilio ads focused on family). Also with the CEO of a famous men's lifestyle magazine posting pics online, Tata is targeting the urban men. Good one IMO.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 15:14   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The Zest had a major downside irrespective of all the high quality bits. An uncanny resemblance to an existing product = Vista. However TATA screamed the car was designed from ground up, that killed the brand.

I think TATA has understood the same concern and hence the decision to bring in 'Hexa' instead of the next gen 'Aria'. They effectively have chosen a new 'brand' if I may call it.
This is exactly the point I am trying to make. Here again, Tata is screaming that the Hexa is designed from the grounds up. When everyone can see its a genuinely facelifted Aria.

It really doesn't matter what they call it or how they try to position it when the customer can see things in black and white for himself. Of course, it is fair if the product is ultimately judged by what it offers and how it drives for its asking price. But if you (Tata) tell me that the Hexa is an all new vehicle, I am sorry, you are insulting my intelligence.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 1st October 2016 at 15:15.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 16:57   #698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Tata is targeting the urban men. Good one IMO.
Might also suggest that they are not too keen at playing the pricing game this time as well, trying to play the premium card. Hopefully that's not the case, as the strategy failed them miserably last time.
Old 1st October 2016, 17:16   #699
BHPian

The rear wheel articulation looks extreme? Does the aria/ Hexa have rear independant suspension?
igp_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 18:58   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
...BTW, nice strategy by Tata to let the CEOs drive the car and post pics / information about it online.
Only this one person seems to have posted pics online.

Quote:
Will definitely help create a favorable image in the public
Maybe not! How much push can 1 person from 1 lifestyle magazine generate.

Quote:
- this is a car that CEOs drive and like.
Really ? This is a crossover that looks mostly like an MUV. It's design language is not as sorted as XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Might also suggest that they are not too keen at playing the pricing game this time as well, trying to play the premium card...
A set of 19" tyres will cost ~1 lakh. A person has to change them every 3rd years (~50,000kms). If this didn't spell out "Premium", then I guess you may feel misled.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 1st October 2016 at 18:59.
Old 1st October 2016, 19:23   #701
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Nowadays most people have a good phone that can take good pictures. This person is a CEO & probably has a hang of taking pretty good pics.

That said, I'm abit perplexed that Tata isn't reaching out to enthusiasts here, (I'm guessing any member / expert moderator would've definitely shared great insights).
I wonder if being a CEO enhances one's photographic skills. We have one in the family - of an US MNC, no less! - & he doesn't know a DSLR from a bridge camera

On the other hand, I join you in being perplexed - that Tata hasn't reached out to enthusiasts on our forum. Possibly, T-BHP's well-respected reputation for calling a spade a spade has reached Tata's decision-making honchos!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 19:55   #702
BHPian

We are starting this all again.

That gentlemen from FHM had shared the pics in his capacity (i personally thank him for that - this is one of the best close up shots that we have seen). TM does not take this path of sharing the picture bytes. They are quite generous in their ads & marketing campaigns & they do it when they decide to do this. The older Safari ads were top notch.

Hexa is not just a face lift of the Aria. It no doubt has been built on the Aria platform. Facelift primarily is only a cosmetic change - Hexa does not fall in this category. There has been may features that has been added & also there is a huge change in the exteriors (we aren't talking about just few crease lines added here).

If a CEO drives a Hexa, it isn't a disgrace to him. He likes it & he drives.

Mr Ratan Tata drove a black Manza (i should be correct) + he also has a super collection of cars in his garage & Mr Cyrus Mistry drives a Storme - he could have driven a Jag/ LR.

Anyways, coming back to the topic, Deepavali is just round the corner now & it should just be a matter of a week or two before we get to hear the sweet news on the launch dates & the pricing
m3_07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 20:34   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics courtesy Jayantha Prabhu on Facebook.

OP says:

Quote:
Testing driving Tata Hexa SUV vehicle today on Jaipur rough test track. We are one to first to drive the vehicle before media test review. One of best vehicle drove with power, Electronic and control.
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14523043_1235937543125624_6632368314314035904_n.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-ctqonywxeaa7bg.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14502811_1235937539792291_7956032044467831376_n.jpg

In addition, here are the specifications of the upcoming Tata Hexa (courtesy Tony Thomas on Facebook):

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14470536_10154736908999873_8492442692857673756_n.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-ctqhb1duaaaxbn.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st October 2016 at 20:52. Reason: Added specs scoop!
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 20:44   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thanks for the clarification Santosh, mine was just a conjecture based on detailing & quality of photos, nothing more. But surprisingly those tweets are deleted now, can't even guess what the reason could be, given that the pics of Hexa including the details shared are already in public domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pics courtesy Jayantha Prabhu on Facebook.
In addition, here are the specifications of the upcoming Tata Hexa (courtesy Tony Thomas on Facebook)
Only mention of 19 inch wheel? Thought there was a 17 inch version too.

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2016 at 22:21. Reason: Fixed quoted post
Old 1st October 2016, 21:40   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Might also suggest that they are not too keen at playing the pricing game this time as well, trying to play the premium card. Hopefully that's not the case, as the strategy failed them miserably last time.
Yes CrAzY dRiVeR. I am pretty sure Tata is not going to play the 'cheap' card and it might well be premium. IMO, it is the value that counts than 'premium' or 'cheap'. Value depends on what the car offers for the money spent. So, even when Hexa not being cheap or being premium, it can be value for money.

The projected prices in this thread seem to be way too low for a car of this size and features. Hexa will definitely be much more expensive than the Safari and will be in the range of or slightly more than the XUV too. It will not be as expensive as the Innova Crysta though. Some prices being discussed here in this thread are lower than Creta and even S-Cross which I think will be impossible for Tata to pull off.

Seriously, are we thinking Hexa is a BR-V competitot? We are talking about a 4.7m long 7 seater with a 2.2L engine and 6 speed gearbox and having a 4X4 and auto box option. Even for the 1.9 L option, an ex-showroom price in the range of 10-12L looks highly improbable.

Let us be realistic and not get disappointed like we did during Creta and S-Cross launches.

Last edited by Vigkey : 1st October 2016 at 21:43.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks