Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:38   #721
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm not worried about the product. I'm worried about the price. Tata has a knack of getting carried away and pricing their cars too optimistically.
+1
We'd just have to hope that Tata does not take all this pre-launch praise to its head & price the Hexa accordingly. Because, as I see it, even if they undercut the Innova by, lets say a lakh, majority of the market would be more than happy to pay that & some more to go for an established brand & product, barring a few obviously, who don't like the Innova.
Even pricing the Hexa on par with the XUV can be tricky, again established in its segment, even with its shortcomings. In this case, they'd have to hope that people see the Hexa for what it offers vis-a-vis the XUV & then pick their product on its merits. Can go either way.
I'd hate to be one (of the many people) making the Hexa's pricing decisions for Tata
r0nit7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:54   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Facebook video courtesy Ashutosh Chudiwale:

According to the OP:

Quote:
Testing driving Tata Hexa SUV vehicle yesterday at Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur on tough test track...
One of the first to drive the vehicle before media test review.
Superb Indian car, will easily beat any German car..
One of best vehicle drove with power Dum, Electronic and control..
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14468423_1439557899394807_3913976274156534800_o.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd October 2016 at 20:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 20:50   #723
BHPian

According to the OP:

That off roading video of the hexa looks promising. But the thing that bothered me in that video was the ground clearance. Hexa looks like a really long car and one can easily scrape it's bottom by looks of things.
Vikvkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 21:08   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Facebook video courtesy Ashutosh Chudiwale:

GOD bless this guy. I have decided my offroad test track - it will be alongside the Bellandur lake in Bangalore. While my 2x4 is quite capable, i do know the 4x4 spots where this could be tested. Ofcourse, this will apply only if TM does not have a proper 4x4 track for the test drives.
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:47   #725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Aria was an accomplished MPV and the much-improved Hexa might be even better. We can safely assume so.

I'm not worried about the product. I'm worried about the price. Tata has a knack of getting carried away and pricing their cars too optimistically. .
"Not worried about the product"?
Has Tata ever produced an SUV where they did not use customers as "beta testers", and actually released a fully QC qualified product at first instance.

Its a common joke that you should only buy a Tata about a year after launch when the problems have been ironed out.
tsk1979 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:50   #726
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Has Tata ever produced an SUV where they did not use customers as "beta testers", and actually released a fully QC qualified product at first instance.

Its a common joke that you should only buy a Tata about a year after launch when the problems have been ironed out.
These are the beta testers of Tata Hexa -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-now-sold.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-accident.html

That's why GTO is not worried about the product. Most of the issues would have been ironed out by now.
SmartCat is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:54   #727
Senior - BHPian

Those latest pictures and video are nice and good to see the product is getting some praise before it's launch. Whatever the product performance be, pricing is crucial for Hexa. It should undercut XUV by some margin even tough product looks superior comparing to XUV.
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:21   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Generally I would agree with that and History will not be kind to Tata. However, we bought a Tata Bolt Turbo petrol for the office over a year ago and although one year is a low number, so far we have been surprisingly fully satisfied. The only glitch, I would consider major was that the engine would occasionally shut down, when idling, say at a signal. This was fixed with an ECM software fix and no issues since then.

The interiors are also leagues apart of the old Vista and I would say better than some of the Japanese/Korean cars in the same price bracket. The Hexa however, will be sold at a much higher price point than the Bolt. I do believe that Tata is making a genuine effort to change. At the same, time, I think it will take time to change market perception.
4x4addict is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:21   #729
BHPian

While initial reports seem to indicate a pretty good vehicle I think the focus on pricing is a good learning step for Tata. While ideally 11 -16.5lakhs bracket would be excellent as introductory pricing at least, my bet would be something like 12-19 lakhs (keeping it lower than Crysta but somewhere par with XUV. The wait has been endless and its high time Tata go ahead and launches it. How much more finetuning is left/possible at this stage?
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:59   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
The XUV is the go-to car for the upper cadre of IT Employees, CEO's of firms etc. XUV has some competition now. If priced right, then Hexa can eat some sales from the XUV, as the interior appears to be more spacious and luxurious compared to XUV.
I am a new gen XUV owner for almost an year now . I tell you, there are many things about Xuv that doesnt justifies the 19lac price tag . Mahindra service experience can be just as good or as bad as TASS . Aria itself had some factors superior to the XUV and the Hexa is only going to build on it further. However TATA BRAND is currently suffering from a severe mass acceptance issue and more so in this segment . Tatas have to start by offering a REAL MOUTH WATERING DEAL if it has to have any relevant sales numbers on monthly charts I.e. it has to undercut Xuv prices by atleast 1.5 lacs variant to variant in order to be able to maintain a monthly sales number of 1000 units . (Xuv hovers around 2500 units ) . As an existing Xuv owner I would really want hexa to succeed and give Mahindra a run for its money in this segment . (Here in mumbai Xuv owners have to deal with horrible service experience and my Manza ownership of 5 years was far better than the 1st year with Mahindra , so yes I want hexa to succeed , though it looks unlikely given the brand value Tata commands at the moment )

Last edited by madhu33 : 3rd October 2016 at 15:01.
madhu33 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:18   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Tatas have to start by offering a REAL MOUTH WATERING DEAL if it has to have any relevant sales numbers on monthly charts I.e. it has to undercut Xuv prices by atleast 1.5 lacs variant to variant in order to be able to maintain a monthly sales number of 1000 units . (Xuv hovers around 2500 units ) . As an existing Xuv owner I would really want hexa to succeed and give Mahindra a run for its money in this segment .
While I do understand your sentiments here, wanting Mahindra to be on their toes & not take their XUV customers (existing & future) for granted, but aren't you being a bit optimistic in terms of Hexa's pricing. Hoping against hope, eh
That would take the Hexa to Storme's pricing levels & from all we've come to know of Hexa so far, it is by far superior & much more evolved product than the latter (after all the testing on the Guinea pigs Aria owners, no offense meant to anyone guys )
r0nit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:45   #732
BHPian

Tata seems to have made a genuine effort at improving their product portfolio. And despite their efforts, only the Tiago is a semi-hit. The Zest and the Bolt - despite getting reasonably good reviews are laggards in their respective segments. I doubt even they expect the Hexa to be a runaway hit which could seriously threaten the Crysta. The customer in that price bracket is generally brand conscious and despite what we may hope no one buys a brand out out of a sense of patriotism. I am sure they are looking at their company from a 5-year and 10-year perspective rather than just a quarter-to-quarter existence and have designed the Hexa with that in mind. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that they probably have higher hopes internally for the Kite 5 sedan and the Nexon - both of which are placed in high volume segments.
Old 4th October 2016, 01:25   #733
BHPian

Don't know if this video has been shared here or not. Shows a recklessly driven Hexa on NH4. Dates to some four months back.

Credits to the original uploader on YouTube.

Mods, kindly delete if irrelevant or shared earlier.

Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 07:14   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Don't know if this video has been shared here or not. Shows a recklessly driven Hexa on NH4. Dates to some four months back.

Credits to the original uploader on YouTube.
I don't feel there's anything reckless. Seems like someone who's confident about his driving skills and his vehicle's capabilities. In the second maneuver there's more than enough room between the two trucks.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 11:14   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors is expected to price the Hexa 400 range from Rs 12.5 lakhs, ex-showroom, according to ACI.

Quote:
The cabin is available in both six- and seven-seat configurations and gets up to six airbags and a five-inch touchscreen, which comes paired to a 10-speaker audio system from JBL. There’s also a 3.5-inch TFT colour display in the instrument binnacle which gives readouts for the drive-modes and trip-computer data.

The highlight here is the rotary multi-drive mode selector that will be offered on both, all-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive variants. Similar to the Terrain Response system seen on Land Rover SUVs, Tata’s system allows the driver to alter engine, ABS, ESP and AWD settings.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks