Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2016, 21:29   #901
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

So much speculation regarding the 7L gearbox when all info we have is from a birdie, which may very well be a made in China one
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 21:41   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Mean no offense, but i doubt if you really want to buy one.
EoD it's just a car. I've realised it isn't worth it to make any personal statements over what someone feels is reasonable.

Quote:
You want Japanese rivaling attributes at Indian prices.
What else is competition then. And it's subjective, why should we as Indians attribute SO MUCH value to Japanese tech.

Quote:
The top end Crysta touches 26L OTR and does not offer 4x4
IIRC it's ~25L OTR.
And so many people admit it's grossly overpriced. Again subjective.

Just because Crysta is crazily priced, sometimes people tend to feel even other manufacturers are justified to price their cars high. What happened to this sense of reason when for 2 years (2013-2014) the 140bhp Aria was sold for as low as 8.95L (+ taxes, so ~11L OTR) while the 102bhp Innova was being sold at prices starting 14.5L OTR ? Thats a good 25%+ difference.

Quote:
Yes Tata does not offer 7 year warranty (like most manufacturers). But they offer comprehensive AMC plans which covers everything (including tyres in the Platinum package) which keeps ownership cost under control till 5 years at least. How many manufacturers do that?
I think you're mistaken, AMC doesn't cover part failure, it only covers regular wear and tear. Only warranty covers part / component failure. And any kind of additional warranty covers only a very limited number of components.

Controlling ownership costs depends on usage, ASC's expert diagnosis of the fault (& general quality of component).

I would honestly settle for a 3yr warranty if there was a 4yr additional warranty that'd cover the Hexa's engine, automatic transmission (I'm being reasonable & not even asking if they'd cover those "adjustable dampers" of the suspension).

Quote:
Essentially, when it comes to Tata Motors, people expect a Swift or perhaps even a Ciaz at Tiago prices.
Again, subjective. Who are we to fault people, It's their perception & they're entitled to have their opinion? Even big time Tata fans here have reported bad service experiences.

When they offered Aria & Storme for 8.95L ex-showroom, we didn't find very many posts of people appreciating the price. Maybe it's people's perception of the brand not being worthy.
WorkingGuru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 22:11   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

I think you're mistaken, AMC doesn't cover part failure, it only covers regular wear and tear. Only warranty covers part / component failure. And any kind of additional warranty covers only a very limited number of components.

Controlling ownership costs depends on usage, ASC's expert diagnosis of the fault (& general quality of component).
You may want to explore more details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...reviews-3.html

As far as I know, the platinum package covers everything except accidental damage. Btw, you need to buy extended warranty for AMC to be valid.

BTW, I did not speak about Tata Motors service experience. Agreed many have reported poor experience. I understand everyone is entitled to setting expectations, but when it comes to Tata Motors, people border the unrealistic.

BTW, I have owned a Tata car, and now drive an Innova.

Last edited by sachinayak : 16th October 2016 at 22:19.
sachinayak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 23:59   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
...As far as I know, the platinum package covers everything except accidental damage. Btw, you need to buy extended warranty for AMC to be valid.

BTW, I did not speak about Tata Motors service experience. Agreed many have reported poor experience. I understand everyone is entitled to setting expectations,
I don't think Tata has offered the Platinum AMC in a long long time.

I've often even clarified with them. It's only for regular wear and tear, so if customers wore out the tyres in say half or even 3/4th the "ideal" life cycle, Tata Motors' Platinum AMC wouldn't cover such items. I remember some Aria customers reported excessive tyre wear due to bad problems in the cars Wheel Alignment & Balancing that caused some issue with constant adjustment of -ve camber. And IIRC Tata didn't cover the tyre cost that time.

I can pretty surely say that Tata won't offer Platinum AMC with the Hexa. Even the Gold AMC will be steeply priced, especially the one for high mileage AMC (say 80k kms) that Tata gives only to some special customers in very rare exceptional circumstances upon insisting requesting for the same, in a completely discretionary way.

Quote:
but when it comes to Tata Motors, people border the unrealistic.
Even I feel to an extent this is true. There are a few good recent (2yrs old) ownership reports.

But then I can all too often remember so many posts I'd read about problems with their ASC. Example, like the above^. Even recently when I went to the Tata Aria twitter page, I found they're consoling an lady owner who's complained about part cannibalisation.

So, just like this, quite alot of people have formed a very negative image of Tata Motors. If it was a brand like say Isuzu, people wouldn't have that negative prejudice. It'd be a fresh start. You'll have read many posts asking Tata to change their brand name for very similar reasons. I have nothing against Tata Motors, what for me. I'm just stating things that I notice in my business partner circle & social circles.

Have a great weekend.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 10:35   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

The first service (viz generally more like an inspection) is in 3 months.

Then 2nd free service is probably to change the oil after the initial run in period (due to microscopic metallic bits that may exist).

The 3rd free service is probably the only actual free service.
Correct, this is the only explanation which I too could think of - the run in period but the same engine on the Storme has different service intervals in the first year itself. So was not sure of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The 'too ' in your post is the reason I told what I told. Hexa has 20K/12 months service interval which is better than Crysta's.

Only in your reply post you have put it clearly - your question on why it has to be different for the 1st year and from 2nd year onwards.
Sir, please read through the below portion of my first post where I have put the same question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
The time period of the paid services only ascertain the fact that Tata can easily make the service intervals to be longer than 3/6months. 3months seems too short IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Its similar to most other manufacturers as mentioned by swiftnfurious.

Usually

1st service - 1.5K Kms/1 month
2nd service - 5K Kms/6 months
3rd service - 10K Kms/ 12 months

Paid services thereafter - Every 10K Kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.
Like I had mentioned in my previous post, what kind of puzzles me is that the same engine in the Storme has different service intervals in the first year itself. The Storme comes with the interval 1.5k/5k and 15k after which it is every 15k kms. SO that is the reason for my question but anyway let it leave it at this
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 10:48   #906
BHPian

The services intervals of Hexa are similar to the Storme 400nm attaching the screenshot from the Storme's manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-screenshot_20161017104129.png  

damodar is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 11:08   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
The services intervals of Hexa are similar to the Storme 400nm attaching the screenshot from the Storme's manual.
Thanks for sharing. In that case I stand corrected . I used this link to check on the service interval and there the details were different
Old 17th October 2016, 11:54   #908
Distinguished - BHPian

People who wish to get live updates from the Hexa Media drive can follow #HexaExperience on facebook and Twitter - hope to see some quick pics and media feedback there soon as the Media Drive has started.
I hope the TBHP team are there to cover the Drive - any confirmation from the Mods?
I know it will be early for an official review but we would all love to see a preliminary review, especially on how it drives!
There are a gazillion questions in everyone's minds about the Hexa. To name a few from my side:
1) How is the overall paint quality and finish, shutlines?
2) How are the interior plastics
3) How does the 4x4 work and is it effective given that the overhangs are quite large
4) Does the AT actually cost 7 Lacs!!! and if yes, how does Tata expect to sell it!
5) Does the Hexa have Adaptive Air suspension?
6) Is there any hangover of resemblance to the Aria or does it look very different.
7) When will the deliveries commence?
And I am sure many more questions would be there in everyone's minds and we would love to get first responses from our Mods if they are there!

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th October 2016 at 12:02.
Behemoth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 14:17   #909
BHPian

One of the update from media drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-20161017-14_14_44vivek-b-srivatsa-twitter_-_powerpacked.-featureloaded.-adrenalinepumped.-t.jpg  

bageherath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 15:31   #910
BHPian

Wow and its happening in Hyd. Wish i got an invite for these kinda events The media tweets seems to indicate something positive and exciting. Eagerly waiting for more details.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa.jpg

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 17th October 2016 at 15:36.
sunishsamuel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:00   #911
BHPian

Link to the video

https://twitter.com/autohippie/statu...64899072?s=08z
bageherath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:23   #912
BHPian

Tata Motors took 5 years to launch Tata Aria from Concept of Indicruze to Tata Aria. Now the company has redefined Aria with much better looks as Hexa.
Considering the brand image changed recently with the launch of Tiago and the aggression from Mr. Pratap Bose, I am still doubtful about success of this product. Bolt and Zest was not success stories. Tiago is still proving its worth and recently crossed 50000 bookings.

Is Indian market ready enough to accept another expensive vehicle from Tata Motors?
Old 17th October 2016, 16:42   #913
BHPian

With due respect, someone needs to give them a second chance. For me, it will be the 5th car in the family & i am too excited.

The prices aren't announced yet, hence not sure how expensive this turns out. Enjoy the #HexaExperience

This is the new Hexa website - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/

Last edited by m3_07 : 17th October 2016 at 17:06. Reason: typo
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:55   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
With due respect, someone needs to give them a second chance. For me, it will be the 5th car in the family & i am too excited.

The prices aren't announced yet, hence not sure how expensive this turns out. Enjoy the #HexaExperience
It is doubtful that the prices will be announced now and most likely they will be announced only in January 2017, once the deliveries begin. The Media drives will all focus on the product and the brand building activities.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 17:11   #915
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Is Indian market ready enough to accept another expensive vehicle from Tata Motors?
I don't think so.

Even if the Hexa is a great product, perceived reliability and initial product niggles are a TML legacy which will be hard to shake off.

Storme owners continue to have issues on basic systems like HVAC, so will the Hexa be a "Toyota" from day 1? Seems unlikely.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks