Team-BHP - Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172943-tata-hexa-auto-expo-2016-a-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3919052)
Caught without camouflage.

Looks H-U-G-E and very imposing! Not a good thing for people strapped for parking space though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 3919135)

Naturally, these structural and body panels are a massive sunken cost for Tata Motors and they have to try and salvage some of those costs. The machines used for stamping those panels -- especially those for members that use high strength steel -- are incredibly expensive. If it were just a matter of costs, they might have still chosen to do something about it, but making new stamping machines/moulds would have also lead to massive development time.
Attachment 1480005

The stamping machines needn't be changed and WILL NOT be changed. Only the die changes. Anyways Dies have to change after certain volume of parts being stamped or pressed. The cost of die change is fractional compared to the overall cost of the car.

The reason why the overall structure can't change easily is because of the R&D and testing involved in the change. The cost and time taken for R&D and testing is similar to new car production cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 3919283)
The reason why the overall structure can't change easily is because of the R&D and testing involved in the change. The cost and time taken for R&D and testing is similar to new car production cost.

Then again, that is just no excuse. Because this 'facelift' has been under development for so many years now. Tata itself wants us to think of it as an all new car.

Too bad, my eyes disagree.

Contrary to what people think, perhaps the resemblance to Aria in profile is just a co-incident? Besides, most people, including me, judge a car, esp. an SUV, how imposing the front and back are. A common buyer is unlikely to notice this similarity, let alone stop from buying it due to this reason. Whenever I hear of the 'Jeep', I tend to think, "oh boy, a common man is going to think that they copied the front grill from Mahindra".

It is easy in theory why a car failed or will fail, but in reality, it is hardly that simple. In my opinion, this car looks worth its money. If people don't buy, the reason is unlikely to be what we are talking about here.

That looks massive and very nice - Looks like better choice than XUV and Innova. 5 adults + 2 children + plus their luggage can easily be accommodated inside.

Hexa being derived from the Aria's chassis is not such bad idea since that platform has reached a certain level of maturity in the past 4 years.
My experience with ARIA from October 2014 has been very satisfying and in some instances has surprised me by being better than what I had expected it to be.
An example of that is its highway behavior which is superb. One has to drive on an open highway to experience it's speed masking capabilities and ride quality. The steering response at those speeds is quick and direct with no play at all. I haven't driven it on hilly areas till now but on plain roads the way the tyres grip on a reasonably fast corner is effortless. I tend to forget that I am driving a 2 ton vehicle!

When you look at ARIA it seems big and ponderous, but the moment you start driving it's very nimble with excellent all round visibility in traffic. Turning radius is 5.6 meters which is more or less equal to the present Innova. For those thinking that it will be tough to park in urban areas, then the new Innova Crysta will not be that much different. Length of the Innova Crysta is 4735mm vs 4764mm for the HEXA.
Now it all boils down to what will be the difference in price of the automatic variants of these two. I feel a difference of Rs 4 lak in the on road price between them should make a case for HEXA considering TATA will load it with all possible features.

Beautiful vehicle. TATA's design language is evolving quite beautifully and hope they stay this way instead of opting for all kinds of cuts or curves.

That said, I am really curious to see how they are going to price this vis-a-vis the existing aria. As per their website, aria is priced between 10.27 to 16 lakhs which makes it around 12.50 to 19 lakhs on-road bangalore (without discounts), which is already innova and xuv territory. With all the improvements made in Hexa compared to Aria, I believe they are not aiming to undercut the prices of innova / xuv at all but trying to position this as a niche vehicle of sorts (it even has different terrain modes!!). If they would be successful with the kind of brand recall they have seems questionable to me, but for the amount of efforts being put in by them, wish they achieve decent sales with Hexa.

Well, with 19 inches wheels, what are Tata's trying to prove ? Are they hoping to get Audi or BMW customers ? This is an extremely foolish move by Tatas. The way I look at this brand is provide value for money for customers like me. Imagine a running cost of 3 Rs per kilometer only for tires :Shockked:
After having legendary vehicles like safari in their stable which provided a superb SUV experience to customers who cannot afford Audi or BMW, this is outright ridiculous. I dont see a great mass market for this vehicle and people who have money will go for snob value like fortuner or the new endavour. This vehicle is going to be a super flop until the launch it with atmost 16 inch tyres !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by power ranger (Post 3919727)
Well, with 19 inches wheels, what are Tata's trying to prove ? Are they hoping to get Audi or BMW customers ?

Well, your comment is bit premature, to say the least. Can we wait for the official launch before we start commenting on such specification?

Well, I went by the spec on the forum... if it's not 19 inches well n good !!

While few may agree, Hexa is still the best SUV that got showcased during this Expo. There is an identical forum for the Ford Everest where people aren't that critical of the product, despite all its glorious under performance.

Come TATA, everyone gets critical right from the design to its pricing where they expect the company to dish out a Buy 1 & Take all free scheme. For the price point even upward 18 - 20L, it is still the best VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 3919334)
That looks massive and very nice - Looks like better choice than XUV and Innova. 5 adults + 2 children + plus their luggage can easily be accommodated inside.

Exactly this what I need for my new car purchase. 5 adults in the first two rows and two 5 footers in the last row. Boot space is good enough to handle luggage as well for a long trip. Eagerly waiting for the launch.

Tata Hexa was at ARAI for homologation and getting other required clearances. Lot of images at the source link below.

Quote:

Tata Hexa was at ARAI for homologation and getting other required clearances.

First showcased at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show as a concept, Tata Hexa crossover was showcased in production-ready spec at the 2016 Auto Expo earlier this month. Set to be launched in India by August 2016, Tata Hexa was recently spied outside the ARAI facility in Pune.

Based on a modified Tata Aria platform, that is expected to offer better structural stability, and driving dynamics.

On the inside, it gets leather upholstery (one on display at Auto Expo had black leather, the one in spy shots has dark brown leather), LED ambient light, six airbags, infotainment system, steering mounted controls, height adjustable driver seat and rear AC vents.

It will be powered by Tata’s new Varicor 400 2.2 liter diesel engine which is rated at 154 hp and 400 Nm. This engine will be mated to a six-speed gearbox and a six speed AT. Next, Tata Hexa will debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaspiedataraipune34.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaspiedataraipune23.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaspiedataraipune21.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaspiedataraipune13.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaspiedataraipune18.jpg

Source

If the ARAI clearances are pending, does this mean that the vehicle is production ready for launch & just a month or 2 away??

offlate there have been multiple sightings & the one posted in this forum is a non camouflaged one. It will be interesting to see if they can better the Safari commercials, which had a raw feel. The last Hexa commercial ad was more upmarket & wasn't the raw type :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88tpzoMNe_I

If the ARAI certification is pending, then how did they get it registered at Mumbai? stupid: