Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 11:51   #1126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Is this event only for media persons or anyone can enter? I believe usually these events are invite only for media persons.
It's a media-only event, but the hotel isn't . Anyone can walk in and check out the Hexa.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:57   #1127
BHPian

Thinking about 4x4/AT, I think its okay for the delay from a product/marketing view. The car is amazing inside out, with the limited information looks like its a great product. However, Hexa still looks and screams MUV from most of the angles. MUV's do mostly tarmac runs so it might make sense for Tata to focus on the 4x2 AT, MT variants right now (for the major crowd - families, fleet owners) and then can launch a 4x4 AT in the top variant. They also probably want to see how many customers opt for the 4x4 MT and guage the demand before they take the plunge with the 4x4 AWD.

Or maybe they should learn from the Ford to launch the top model 4x4AT AWD at a very attractive price point and then widen the price gap for the top variant.

If all goes well, I am sure Hexa can eat up the Xylo and Tavera markets to start with. Innova has a strong fan following so might take some time to crack that.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 20th October 2016 at 12:00.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:20   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Couldn't find a snap of any AT Hexa with 4x4. Major deficit if that is the case in my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
This is a real downer. I was expecting a 4x4 AT at great launch prices. If it is not even homologated, I guess it wont be out anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
They also probably want to see how many customers opt for the 4x4 MT and guage the demand before they take the plunge with the 4x4 AWD.
The notes sent by my birdies definitely indicate the presence of these additional variants.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled11.jpg

Something tells me that they are locked up inside the plant, hence not homologated yet.

Tata might want to test the waters and gauge customer response with the initial 6 variants on offer, and then bring in the additional variants if there is sufficient demand/good response from the market.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th October 2016 at 12:21.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:24   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The notes sent by my birdies definitely indicate the presence of these additional variants.
What's " level B" ?

and how can they start production without homologation ?
Old 20th October 2016, 12:30   #1130
BHPian

Tata needs to do a Tiago like aggressive pricing for Hexa.

I strongly believe Tata will NOT make any mistake.

Aggressive pricing for a quality product supported by efficient after sales support alone will make Tata to sell it's cars in large volumes.

Tata knows it. Tata badly need a big hit to Pat themselves.
harimakesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:33   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

A sunroof will be available as an optional accessory for the Hexa.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexatuffsunroofaccessories.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexatuffsunroofbuttonaccessories.jpg

Quote:
A fully-accessorized example was showcased at the venue, offering a first look at the personalization options available. Tata is offering a slew of chrome-plated accessories to add some bling to its exterior, such as a chrome line on the upper portion of the grille, chrome garnish on the headlamps and taillamps, chrome ORVM caps, and chrome door handles. Other exterior accessories include black-plastic garnish above the foglamps, side steps for easier entry, black-plastic bumper extensions on both ends and roof rails with a roof box.

Inside, customers are offered optional features such as a sunroof, heads-up display, iPhone wireless charging plate, exclusive seat upholstery, floor carpets, and gloss black trim for steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What's " level B" ?

and how can they start production without homologation ?
The type of display units used in the instrument cluster/HU of the Hexa.

Homologation certification/approval is generally granted to mass production cars which are to be launched commercially, I believe.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th October 2016 at 12:36.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:36   #1132
Senior - BHPian

6 Variants :

4x4 XM & XT
4x2 XM & XT
4x2 XMA & XTA

AFAIK 4x4 doesn't have Low Range, that is left for Safari Storme. (& I guess because this is an MUV that's primarily for Family & occasional friends/partners - situations where extreme off-roading capabilities are not needed).

Sunroof : Isn't the roof ribbed ? and isn't that done for Structural Rigidity ? Maybe its only partially ribbed. Lets see. Waiting for tomorrow.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 20th October 2016 at 12:54. Reason: Sunroof
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:54   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
6 Variants :

4x4 XM & XT
4x2 XM & XT
4x2 XMA & XTA

AFAIK 4x4 doesn't have Low Range, that is left for Safari Storme. (& IMO rightly so, because this is an MUV that's primarily for Family & occasional friends/partners - situations where extreme off-roading capabilities are not needed).
Yes that looks to be the case. Good thing though that it is does have an LSD which will improve performance in low traction situation. Anyway the Hexa cannot compete with the Safari for offroad conditions as the ground clearance is lower and overhangs are quite large. But the overall Hexa package should meet 90% users needs for offroading and village roading!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:58   #1134
BHPian

The Hexa looks good. Our office has owned a BOLT XT petrol for a year now and the car is really great. Just so you know my standards are not very low - I use a Duster and 520d personally. I have been waiting for the HEXA for a long time - its looks like its been worthwhile.
noelravin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 13:08   #1135
BHPian

Profile of the 19" tyre is bit low and looks more like a car than usual SUV. Hope the suspensions are set not to compromise ride quality.

Is lower version is getting 18" which may have better profile?

Image taken from the post of fellow Bhpian, Bagheerath. Hope it's okay.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-1476948803812.jpg  

Last edited by loving_alaap : 20th October 2016 at 13:09.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:11   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Good thing though that it is does have an LSD which will improve performance in low traction situation. Anyway the Hexa cannot compete with the Safari for offroad conditions as the ground clearance is lower and overhangs are quite large. But the overall Hexa package should meet 90% users needs for offroading and village roading!
I would say more than 95%. LSD is going to be big positive for this AWD. Now the only big suspense is the pricing. Tata just can not afford to go wrong on pricing front. Ambitious pricing well make it dead on arrival. They must come up with mouthwatering introductory figures.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 14:33   #1137
BHPian

Wow, quite a buzz this Hexa has created on t-bhp! I, for one, am looking forward to it as my next car (predictably, comparing it with the Crysta). Having been through the niggle-struggle of a 2007 3.0L Safari, I am leaning towards the Crysta for a hassle-free journey. Some of my takeaways about the two cars:

For Crysta:
Tension free maintenance, bullet proof car (in terms of service)
New engine, beautiful interiors and complete package

For Hexa:
SUV-like stance
Cost (??)
10K km oil change interval
4X4 - again, this is subjective and only 5% of all buyers would actually look for this feature.
Brand new interiors and loads of nifty features

All said and done, I am missing my Safari - the kind of attitude it oozed on the road could not be matched by any other car to date! (maybe to some extent by the new Endeavor or the current Fortuner)

Some items on my wish-list for the Hexa that will tilt me and my family towards it:
* Non-leather upholstery option on the top-spec.
* 17-18" wheel for economical tyre replacement and comfortable ride
* Comfortable 3rd row seats, we are likely to use all 3 rows on our long drives!

Last edited by wanderlust : 20th October 2016 at 14:42.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:44   #1138
BHPian

Courtesy Twitter, Indiatoday gives a comparison between the contenders.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/789860.html
Old 20th October 2016, 15:50   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Another thumbs-up, this time from a Motoroids reviewer.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Notice the "4x4" indicator inside the display in the instrument console? Neat.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvmxgcavmaa8sd.jpg
(Source)

Whatever be the background - smooth roads/highways, stone quarries or the countryside, the Hexa stands out.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvm8zrlukaakyhc.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvmvsaxuaaaqn3.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvmxeksusaefxtc.jpg

From Twitter.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 15:51   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
6 Variants :

4x4 XM & XT
4x2 XM & XT
4x2 XMA & XTA

AFAIK 4x4 doesn't have Low Range, that is left for Safari Storme. (& I guess because this is an MUV that's primarily for Family & occasional friends/partners - situations where extreme off-roading capabilities are not needed).

Sunroof : Isn't the roof ribbed ? and isn't that done for Structural Rigidity ? Maybe its only partially ribbed. Lets see. Waiting for tomorrow.
Quote:
A sunroof will be available as an optional accessory for the Hexa.

The type of display units used in the instrument cluster/HU of the Hexa.

Homologation certification/approval is generally granted to mass production cars which are to be launched commercially, I believe.
Quote:

Something tells me that they are locked up inside the plant, hence not homologated yet.

Tata might want to test the waters and gauge customer response with the initial 6 variants on offer, and then bring in the additional variants if there is sufficient demand/good response from the market.
Overdrive in their first look video comments have indicated that there is a 4x4 AT option available but no sunroof on any models. Check the below screen grab from Overdrive
Name:  OD_FB_Capture.PNG
Views: 2700
Size:  20.6 KB
Dhanu@DJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks