Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2016, 01:12   #181
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustinepaul4u View Post
Hello all,
I spotted the Tata Hexa somewhere between Satara and Pune. I first thought of it as Aria as I didn't know about Tata Hexa. I captured the video from dash cam...
Send this to Tata and demand an explanation other than "suspension testing / high speed swerving". Actually, I'm going to post this on their Facebook page.

OT : What camera are you using btw? Looks fantastic.
Old 22nd May 2016, 02:42   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

I am kind of surprised at the car like movement while cutting lanes. Looks like a superb vehicle in the making! Can't see a lot of pitching & bobbing.

Quote:
....I spotted the Tata Hexa somewhere between Satara and Pune. I first thought of it as Aria as I didn't know about Tata Hexa. I captured the video from dashcam and uploaded it to Youtube not because i spotted it but he was driving as if the National Highway was his racetrack. So here is the Video of the Reckless Tata Hexa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Send this to Tata and demand an explanation other than "suspension testing / high speed swerving". Actually, I'm going to post this on their Facebook page...
I watched the video multiple times and in the first move, the Swift doesn't even brake, which makes me believe there was enough space for the Hexa to make that move. The same with the truck again, no brakes!

Now, I don't know how did you guys even come to a conclusion that he "almost hit" the biker? From the angle of the video, there is no way anyone can judge the distance he had when he made the move.

The only one problem I could find is that, he didn't use the indicator. But then, bikes on the middle lane is also wrong!
swiftnfurious is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 07:18   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Send this to Tata and demand an explanation other than "suspension testing / high speed swerving". Actually, I'm going to post this on their Facebook page.

OT : What camera are you using btw? Looks fantastic.
I actually have uploaded it onto Twitter but haven't got any replies as of yet from Tata.
The Dashcam was Xiaomi Yi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am kind of surprised at the car like movement while cutting lanes. Looks like a superb vehicle in the making! Can't see a lot of pitching & bobbing.

I watched the video multiple times and in the first move, the Swift doesn't even brake, which makes me believe there was enough space for the Hexa to make that move. The same with the truck again, no brakes!

Now, I don't know how did you guys even come to a conclusion that he "almost hit" the biker? From the angle of the video, there is no way anyone can judge the distance he had when he made the move.

The only one problem I could find is that, he didn't use the indicator. But then, bikes on the middle lane is also wrong!
About hitting the bike. He almost did hit it. But yes, being a test driver he maybe an expert in doing such things. On public roads and National Highway this is totally unacceptable. He didn't honk, didn't even use indicators. What if the bike had slightly slowed down?

About bike on middle Lane, I agree with you completely.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2016 at 07:25. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
augustinepaul4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:54   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he was driving as if the National Highway was his racetrack. So here is the Video of the Reckless Tata Hexa.https://Youtu.be/ctJjBDN0wPI
Most test mule drivers are quite experienced & drive at a constant speeds.

It could be high speed tests where they have to maintain high speed to test Suspension/body roll.

My friend has tested ARIA at 160+ (if i remember correctly) & just recently HEXA for Gearbox/TC related tests.

But yes, it is dangerous could be a genuine case of reckless driving.
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 11:11   #185
BHPian

It was indeed dangerous driving but I will not entirely blame the Hexa driver too. He was already driving the vehicle at high speeds, the Swift was ahead of him and came into the right lane whereas the Hexa driver could have spotted the biker a little later and would have assumed braking hard wouldn't be the right choice and instead he swerved right, the biker too is equally at fault here. He cannot ride in the middle of the highway at minimal speeds! The bikers should always stick to their left lane. More than the Hexa test driver, I will blame the biker for such an incident and I completely agree with Swiftnfurious on this one, how can one simply assume!
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 12:31   #186
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
My friend has tested ARIA at 160+ (if i remember correctly) & just recently HEXA for Gearbox/TC related tests.
Any idea why they are made to do this on public roads instead of testing grounds ?

They may be experienced, but the cars are on test, suppose something goes wrong then they are putting the lives of other road users at stake as well. Also don't they face problems with the cops or highway authorities when driving like this ?

Just asking as you are friends with a test driver.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 12:35   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the video, and I must admit I am impressed by the Hexa's stability and road manners!

For such a heavy vehicle with an XXXL-sized footprint on the road, it has excellent grip while darting in and out of traffic gaps, with no nervous swerves or fishtailing. Seems like one of the biggest gripes Aria users had - bounciness at highway speeds - is addressed to a big extent with the tweaked Hexa suspension.

Looks like this test car has at least one occupant in the rear seat too (can make that out faintly when the test mule appears on the left for the first time). I bet the driver was told to drive at a set of particular highway speeds to test front/rear bounciness. Suspension has been tuned magnificently.

Sufficient gap between the test mule and the Swift/bikes, judging from the fact that neither the test mule nor the other vehicles needed to brake even once and none of the other drivers fidgeted that much from such a huge vehicle flying past them.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 13:09   #188
BHPian

@0:24 the swift does brake the second he sees and judges that the aria will swerve. Look closely in full screen and you will see the rear light up. It is a reckless way of driving.

If there was a better way of catching up with the driver, stopping him and getting him on camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:07   #189
BHPian

Watched the video on YouTube. If this can't be called reckless, then nothing can be. Bikers flouting the rules is not an excuse for the HEXA driving rash. Towards the end of the video, you can even see how the LCV started drifting to left lane. This would have put the Hexa under high risk driving. Pity few YouTube users even admired his "driving".
I am pretty sure that this HEXA would've wacked the nerves of many boyracers during the test, who would've tried to outrun this maniac.
BTW, saw a video YouTube with the following caption:
We were driving in xxx road and saw a Pajero doing 110 Kmph and decided to pick up a random race with him. Shocked !!
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:20   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sufficient gap between the test mule and the Swift/bikes, judging from the fact that neither the test mule nor the other vehicles needed to brake even once
While I am impressed too by Hexa's high speed manners, I being a teambhpian, condemn such driving on public roads. It is rash, no two ways about it. No one should defend it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:42   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
While I am impressed too by Hexa's high speed manners, I being a teambhpian, condemn such driving on public roads. It is rash, no two ways about it. No one should defend it.
Please read my whole post carefully once again. Not once have I defended the way the Hexa was driven. Quoting one part out of my entire post makes it seem in a completely different context, and I sound very different from what I conveyed in the original post.

The test mule driver was driving at high speeds, YES. But normally test mule drivers don't drive their cars in such a manner unless they were instructed to do so. Considering that the test mule was carrying passengers, it's a given deduction that the driver was under orders.

Also, we have only a part of the test mule's entire journey on video. Maybe they slowed down to normal speeds once this part of their testing was over. How do we know that? We can't infer a lot of assumptions based on a 43-second video alone.

All I commented was how I impressed I am with the Hexa's poise on the roads, and how easily it tackled the traffic gaps and never lost it's road manners.

Please read entire posts as a whole before inferring/deducing stuff which is out of context.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd May 2016 at 19:43.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 23:34   #192
BHPian

Is the Hexa a 'worthy' competitor to Innova Crysta ?

End of day, Hexa would be considered as a heavily reworked facelift thats based on Aria, which is a 5 year old product. (If you'll remember, it was feature rich even during launch). They must definitely have improved a lot of things, but neither is Hexa expected to sell like hot cakes (due to the image), nor is Tata considered a 'reliable car' maker, nor is the service experience uniformly good.

In this day & age, product life cycle is 10yrs max. So, if after 5years, the 'Hexa' is discontinued, what then? Innova Crysta is a Brand new car, from a car maker who's cars sell like hot cakes for its reliability (& more importantly, quality). They'll most probably continue selling the same car for the next decade!

After all this, Tata may undercut the Innova by ~20%, a car that's already overpriced by 30%.
Old 23rd May 2016, 01:04   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

After all this, Tata may undercut the Innova by ~20%, a car that's already overpriced by 30%.
Sorry - did you mean the Innova is overpriced by 30%?
And under cutting it by 20% is still not good enough?
Right?
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:01   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Sorry - did you mean the Innova is overpriced by 30%?
Yes. It seems like a good product, but imo touching 27L, it definitely seems overpriced to me.

Quote:
and under cutting it by 20% is still not good enough?
A top end Tata Hexa at 22L. Not sure if any significant number of people would accept that.

Quote:
Right?
Yes.
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:08   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Is the Hexa a 'worthy' competitor to Innova Crysta ?

End of day, Hexa would be considered as a heavily reworked facelift thats based on Aria, which is a 5 year old product. (If you'll remember, it was feature rich even during launch). They must definitely have improved a lot of things, but neither is Hexa expected to sell like hot cakes (due to the image), nor is Tata considered a 'reliable car' maker, nor is the service experience uniformly good.
These are sweeping statements. Can you quantify what makes to feel that the TATA products are unreliable. Do you own/ driven them??? Hexa might not possibly clock the numbers that the Crysta does. This however does not make it less worthy.

Been driving a Safari for 8 years now, while waiting for the Hexa. Never once, have i found it unsafe & unworthy of the roads. There are numerous admissions from the owners to this, while compared to the fort & the pajero's of the world.

Last edited by m3_07 : 23rd May 2016 at 09:08. Reason: typo
m3_07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks