Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 18:51   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Spotted testing again, this time by a Motorbeam reader in Pune.

Looks like a lower variant. No foglamps or DRLs, body-coloured door handles, plus check out those Safari-esque wheels.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-2016tatahexacrossover.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st June 2016 at 19:12.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 21:13   #287
BHPian

>>Tata Hexa was intended to be launched in June but Tata is still not ready with the SUV and it is now expected to be launched in next couple of months.

Above is according to NDTV, can anyone confirm on this? Did launch date slip another 2 months?
Old 21st June 2016, 21:34   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
>>Tata Hexa was intended to be launched in June but Tata is still not ready with the SUV and it is now expected to be launched in next couple of months.

Above is according to NDTV, can anyone confirm on this? Did launch date slip another 2 months?
Saw couple of reports which said August, end of May it was July
Got in touch with senior sales guy at concorde, he was in charge of Storme when I went for a test drive. He says he doesn't have a clue about the launch. In fact he stated that kite, hexa & nexon are all ready and he is not sure which of these three is next in line. But going by the tone & his lack of assertiveness, he is as clueless as we are. As it stands, earliest we can expect is August.
Old 21st June 2016, 22:40   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Looks like a lower variant. No foglamps or DRLs, body-coloured door handles, plus check out those Safari-esque wheels.
These wheels are available on the Aria already. And Tata would do good to really provide bigger wheels ( if not alloys ) on the lower variants. This certainly pulls the Hexa's image a notch below, from what I had in mind.

Also, are those projector headlamps?
Old 22nd June 2016, 06:00   #290
Senior - BHPian

I have now seen this vehicle so many times that I am now bored even before it's launched. That's the problem with TATA. They wait for too long & nothing can too hidden for too long.
Old 22nd June 2016, 08:21   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post

As per my resources in TATA ERC(engineering research center) launch will not happen in July and most likely in August. As per them, higher ups are tight lipped on launch dates.

Hope this will help.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:30   #292
Senior - BHPian

I believe it's the ban over 2000cc diesel engines that taken Tata to drawing board... they are prepping 2000cc engine which is dependable like the current lot of Tata (than older ones).

Already 2 markets (NCR & Kerala) & few manufacturers down to this rule, but the 9 times polluting vehicles enjoying Hybrid benefits.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Already 2 markets (NCR & Kerala) & few manufacturers down to this rule, but the 9 times polluting vehicles enjoying Hybrid benefits.
I assume you are reffering to the 1.3 DDIS motor with SHVS here. Are you sure it is 9 times more polluting? What is your source here?
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:41   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
As per my resources in TATA ERC(engineering research center) launch will not happen in July and most likely in August. As per them, higher ups are tight lipped on launch dates.

Hope this will help.
If the higher ups are tight lipped about the launch dates then how do they know it is delayed, and what is the source of their information? Sounds more like conjecture to me.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I suppose if it was going to be launched next month, then certain steps and measures would have had to already have been taken that would be obvious to more employees and not just top level management. The lack of certain measures could lead them to reasonably conclude that the launch is delayed.
Thanks, I didn't put my point across correctly. I meant what is to say that the car will be launched in August at all? Might even be delayed further to Diwali?

Last edited by VeluM : 22nd June 2016 at 11:51.
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:44   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
If the higher ups are tight lipped about the launch dates then how do they know it is delayed, and what is the source of their information? Sounds more like conjecture to me.
I suppose if it was going to be launched next month, then certain steps and measures would have had to already have been taken that would be obvious to more employees and not just top level management. The lack of certain measures could lead them to reasonably conclude that the launch is delayed.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Thanks, I didn't put my point across correctly. I meant what is to say that the car will be launched in August at all? Might even be delayed further to Diwali?
Yup that's true. Again engineering research center should be knowing quite a bit about the car and its weaknesses in testing form. If kinks have been ironed out they could reasonably say based on what is still being researched and tested, when the car would launch. Ofcourse this would be reasonable speculation though. Unless Tata has done research to indicate that Diwali is a good time to launch and capture the target audience with it's Hexa or perhaps balance its 2 launches a year agenda, I'd say the earlier the better as long as all issues with the product have been ironed out

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd June 2016 at 11:59.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:20   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I assume you are reffering to the 1.3 DDIS motor with SHVS here. Are you sure it is 9 times more polluting? What is your source here?
@IshaanIan Yes, it is the same... any diesel engine available in India is 6-9 times more polluting than cleaner Euro-6 norms, there are details everywhere on International Autoforums.

In India everything is brushed under the carpet with "chalta hai" attitude. Unfortunately I too own a polluting diesel that is detrimental to my, others & future generations health, & I bought by giving up the Green (CNGed) car.

... I am very happy with rational purchase, but, it does hurt me when I think of the environment.
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:26   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@IshaanIan Yes, it is the same... any diesel engine available in India is 6-9 times more polluting than cleaner Euro-6 norms, there are details everywhere on International Autoforums.
Oh I did not know what you were comparing it in relation to. Anyway, according to tsk's report, Suzuki's 1.6 diesel sold in Europe is 10 times less polluting that the original Fiat MJD version. Possibly even the 1.3 might be a bit green? Anyway, completely agree it does feel bad sometimes to drive a diesel just as I do when smoking amongst people sometimes. That said I feel there are worse crimes being committed to the environment by higher authorities and larger organizations and I feel we should not be the ones needing policing or being made to feel guilty just because we enjoy driving our cars.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd June 2016 at 12:27.
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:33   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh I did not know what you were comparing it in relation to. Anyway, according to tsk's report, Suzuki's 1.6 diesel sold in Europe is 10 times less polluting that the original Fiat MJD version. Possibly even the 1.3 might be a bit green? Anyway, completely agree it does feel bad sometimes to drive a diesel just as I do when smoking amongst people sometimes. That said I feel there are worse crimes being committed to the environment by higher authorities and larger organizations and I feel we should not be the ones needing policing or being made to feel guilty just because we enjoy driving our cars.
He could have been sarcastic in his comment... but the Grand Vitara with 1.6L diesel is amongst the worst pollutants in UK/ Europe (interestingly the Toyota 2L diesel is also there), I read that report few days back on MSN Autos.

In present scenario, diesels are not clean . No doubt Volvo is done up with diesel drivetrains in cars in their country.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:44   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That said I feel there are worse crimes being committed to the environment by higher authorities and larger organizations and I feel we should not be the ones needing policing or being made to feel guilty just because we enjoy driving our cars.
That is not a very positive thought IMO. We always console ourselves by comparing our wrong doings with worse crimes, just to feel better. I think we need policing and we need to feel guilty and the same must be applied to larger organisations and higher authorities. People enjoy littering on the streets, over-speeding, drunk driving but that does not absolve them from wrong doings.

Please do not get me wrong. I am also guilty of harming environment in many ways and I am not happy about it. We will not try to improve unless and until we realize that we are wrong.
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:50   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
People enjoy littering on the streets, over-speeding, drunk driving but that does not absolve them from wrong doings.
That is absolutely true. I agree to your point where we often compare ourselves to others to feel better. What I am saying is that we should not be policed on what we drive when there are much MUCH greater offenses being committed on the environment on a much larger scale. I am against the whole diesel ban and restrictions imposed on older cars. Truth is I am a die-hard car guy so I will defend the ICE to death even if I may be wrong I'm even willing to support a ban on farting in public over a ban on cars based on engine size or age

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd June 2016 at 12:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed