Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 18:26   #436

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

And, here goes my first post on Team-BHP!

Spotted this Hexa test mule in Hubli (off Bangalore - Pune highway) with MH-14 TR Plates. It was looking phenomenal in this shade and road presence was good!!

Please ignore these picture quality as i was travelling while i clicked.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-1.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-2.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-3.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2016 at 08:03. Reason: Removed tags; added watermarks
Sam911 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:06   #437
BHPian

Woah it looks amazing. Great road presence. This would be my next upgrade for sure.
Old 1st September 2016, 19:08   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
TATA has a tie up with Jeyam Automotives in Coimbatore where the new products are tested.
Thank you for this I guess this is company behind the Jaya diesel engines for Amby, they were quite famous (in TN atleast) during the diesel conversion craze in the 80s.
Old 1st September 2016, 19:17   #439
BHPian

Tata HEXA caught UnCamouflaged!!

I'm Loving it!

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexa.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:19   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam911 View Post
...here goes my first post on Team-BHP!...
Definitely a dream start! Welcome to the forum and thanks for those wonderful pics!

Quote:
...Spotted this Hexa test mule in Hubli (off Bangalore - Pune highway) with MH-14 TR Plates. It was looking phenomenal in this shade and road presence was good!!...
I am pleasantly surprised by all those smart design bits! I think TATA's new design team has worked overnight to have such intelligent pieces added for the visual appeal of the product. Well, am talking about the extra bit from the rear spoiler sloping down on the D-pillar, the extra bump on the cladding above the wheels and a chrome finish in the last window.

The only thing I didn't like is the big monogram (engine / transmission details I guess) on the front fender - I would have preferred a functional vent there instead.

Though it's an MPV, frankly, it doesn't scream an MPV when one looks at it. Definitely not a bland design like the Innova or Crysta. I could buy this for the looks I guess.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st September 2016 at 19:42.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:26   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

A confirmation from my birdies - Tata has swapped the launch dates of the Hexa and the Kite5/Sway.

Now, the Hexa will be launched in the first week of October, and the Kite5 will arrive after Diwali 2016.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:43   #442
BHPian

Simply Wow.
I guess the company did a great thing by not including the logo on the test vehicles. This way, naysayers who hate Tata will look at the car, appreciate it, think about how imposing it looks, talk about it and finally get to know the name of the company which made it when it is launched.
The only thing missing is a patch of DRLs. That would make the front look very distinctive.
Hopefully, they'll price it right. If they manage to make it look attractive to the prospective XUV buyer, their job is done. Lets hope for the best.
Old 1st September 2016, 20:05   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
The only thing missing is a patch of DRLs. That would make the front look very distinctive.
To be offered in the top/top 2 variants.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st September 2016 at 20:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 20:47   #444
BHPian

Quote:
And, here goes my first post on Team-BHP!
Welcome to the fraternity and what an opening shot with those lovely pics - smoked it straight out of the stadium. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Tata HEXA caught UnCamouflaged!!
Thanks, looks smashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata has swapped the launch dates of the Hexa and the Kite5/Sway.
Simply awesome bit of news that is. Thanks Avi, lets hope they price it sensibly like they did with the Tiago. Gets those footfalls into the showroom.
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 23:31   #445
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Hexa is coming before Kite5. Looks like they are going to follow Tiago like launch and delivery plan. You may not see many deliveries during early months. They may gauge the demand and ramp up production after couple of months. I was surprised when I heard their target numbers. All I can say it is very ambitious, and can expect a killer price tag. Hope they learned their lesson from Aria flop show.

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st September 2016 at 23:32.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:13   #446
BHPian

The HEXA does look a wow machine!

TML if you are watching this space , believe you me , there will be a considerable number of bookings for the Auto tranny , which includes me , so please keep up with that demand.

All the best TML for churning out the HEXA , what a transformation it is !
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:19   #447
BHPian

One more point is that Storme VX 4x4 400 NM torque vehicles are hardly available for test drive. I checked in Vizag, Hyd few months back and Concorde Kochi does not have one even now.
Showrooms and company should make sure they have atleast Hexa top trims available for test drives after launch so that prospective customers can feel the actual vehicle in flesh. Not having test drive vehicles will be a great turn off point.
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:41   #448
BHPian

HEXA appears to be an excellent car to look at. It is a long and wide car which makes the road presence felt. The only issue is the SUV vs MUV design. It is neither a SUV nor a MUV with this design. Tata should have given this car a slightly longer bonnet which would have made the looks more proportional. I always felt Aria was actually an SUV which was poorly designed to look like a MUV Hexa is correcting that mistake slightly by giving it some SUV like design.

The rear looks awesome. Even with the huge chrome bar, which I hate, the rear design looks very attractive to me. I would love to see this car in flesh and do a test drive. Eagerly waiting for the launch.
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:53   #449
Senior - BHPian

Wishing the best to Tata. Hopefully, it will fill the void left by Innova and achieve greater success.
Looking at the vehicle, it looks so familiar. Because we see Tata testing vehicles for sooo loooong
Old 2nd September 2016, 10:29   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Simply Wow.
I guess the company did a great thing by not including the logo on the test vehicles. This way, naysayers who hate Tata will look at the car, appreciate it, think about how imposing it looks, talk about it and finally get to know the name of the company which made it when it is launched.
Hopefully, they'll price it right. If they manage to make it look attractive to the prospective XUV buyer, their job is done. Lets hope for the best.
That is quite an imagination you've got there buddy however the fact is all automobile manufacturers do this for mainly two reasons:
  1. Could impact the sales of existing cars in the brand's portfolio because customers compare their current purchase considerations to those on the horizon.
  2. They don't want their brand associated with a product that may look ugly due to the camo

Anyway, can't wait to test drive this thing out. I am expecting it to feel like a whole generation apart from the Aria
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks